Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MA-Horus posted:

It's incredibly stark to see the difference between him and Jason Kenney (Alberta Premier). I don't like Doug on the best of days and I think the list of essential services here in Ontario is far too large. BUT, at heart Doug (and the Ford family in general) are populists (hosting Ford Fest every year), and I'm pretty sure someone sat down with him at the start of this (after his idiotic "go travel on your march break!" press conference) and gave him his "come to jesus" moment.

I took great pleasure in watching him get royally pissed at price gougers though.

To be fair ol' Kenney has to deal with $0 a barrel tar sand oil so he's got his hands full of his province literally falling apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Eej posted:

To be fair ol' Kenney has to deal with $0 a barrel tar sand oil so he's got his hands full of his province literally falling apart

It's almost as if he shouldn't have tried to base his entire province's well being on JOBS ECONOMY PIPELINE

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Thinking about how Trudeau bought a pipeline running through the BC rainforest for 4.5 billion dollars and Albertan oil is worth $0

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/NaomiAKlein/status/1245017447142490119

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

bloops posted:

Come at me

Post/username checks out.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Leavemywife posted:

Could mosquitos spread the virus? I know we're all supposed to shelter at home, but it's getting around the time those little blood suckers come back.

No evidence as of yet to even suspect this. Extremely unlikely.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I think Captain Crozier is gonna be all right:

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1246043872402313217?s=20

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

In a similar vein, Nikki Haley is an awful person but she was clutch as hell during hurricanes and I want her back.

Regarding Cuomo, the last time a NY pol stepped up to fill an incompetent white house's leadership vacuum during a national crisis everyone wanted to appoint Rudy Giuliani king, how's that aged?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I wonder if the Admiral on the ship gets another star or if they get the chop, too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Woofer posted:

I think you’re reading too much into trump and co. just wanting to pass the blame.

I thought he was talking about Trump.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Old Boot posted:

Late to this but: no, mosquitos can't spread the virus. It isn't bloodborn.

Good thing too, I don't think humanity is ready for a virus designed by From Software.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Good thing too, I don't think humanity is ready for a virus designed by From Software.

Shoulder roll everywhere to dodge the 'rona.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
loving ghouls, all of them.

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1246102598937194499?s=19

Everyone from the babblers of the bullshit to the person writing the paragraphs into the website. They're all loving ghouls.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Genuinely wonder sometimes how they live with themselves? Like I know how Trump does it, but jesus christ.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

boooooooooo

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Acebuckeye13 posted:

YOU DIED

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rip in power bill withers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEeaS6fuUoA

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Speaking of Federal aid to the states

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1245906088911949826

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Ontario is expecting 3 to 15 thousand dead from this, and for it to last 18 to 24 months.
Over 100k dead without aggressive social distancing.

Yikes. I have no idea how the entertainment/food service industry is going to recover from this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

:perfect:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

You should listen to an LTG Semonite USACE briefing sometime. It's really, really obvious when a military expert is talking, versus a member of Donnie's Band Of Chucklefucks.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So my company's current plan is 4 furlough days for everyone in Q2, and 4 more in Q3. With the execs taking a 13% pay cut for the year. Could be much worse.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

shame on an IGA posted:

In a similar vein, Nikki Haley is an awful person but she was clutch as hell during hurricanes and I want her back.

Regarding Cuomo, the last time a NY pol stepped up to fill an incompetent white house's leadership vacuum during a national crisis everyone wanted to appoint Rudy Giuliani king, how's that aged?

Another example is Mike DeWine sucks but I appreciate the job he's done in Ohio with Coronavirus.

So can the Navy be colossal dicks and discipline an entire ship for being solid and showing their appreciation for a Captain who sounds like he probably did the right thing (I've only gotten bits and pieces of the story)? Because that wouldn't surprise me at this point.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 3, 2020

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CBJSprague24 posted:

Another example is Mike DeWine sucks but I appreciate the job he's done in Ohio with Coronavirus.

So can the Navy be colossal dicks and discipline an entire ship for being solid and showing their appreciation for a Captain who sounds like he probably did the right thing (I've only gotten bits and pieces of the story)? Because that wouldn't surprise me at this point.

an entire ship of Do Not Promote

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

Ontario is expecting 3 to 15 thousand dead from this, and for it to last 18 to 24 months.
Over 100k dead without aggressive social distancing.

Yikes. I have no idea how the entertainment/food service industry is going to recover from this.

BC's doing okay at flattening the curve so far but there are already six restaurants for sale and three more for lease takeover in my town (30k population, about 45 minutes from the City of Vancouver).

There was a new brewpub that was supposed to be opening about a quarter mile from my house this summer. Hopefully this will calm down here and they can still open on time.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
My city runs on the Shakespearean theatres in town and just had a multi-million dollar renovation for one of the them and the season is cancelled for this year so all the restaurants, hotels and etc that cater to all the tourists are gonna be hosed. The city is only 35k so this is going to devastate this city, we are gonna need a bailout to save downtown here. Its pretty much a national icon so it should get a bailout, even if the government barely funds it already.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

an entire ship of Do Not Promote

Not even posthumously?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

CBJSprague24 posted:

I think it's called "Decimation"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/DorsaAmir/status/1246077693889851392

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FGuBatbTg

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol at him shaking hands

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

That's really funny

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The fuhrer announced that the CDC is recommending people wear masks, but he's not going to actually do that himself.

I hope he catches it.

E- his reasoning was basically sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office wearing a mask with State leaders visiting wasn't a good look.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 3, 2020

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I'll get right on that. They're on the shelf next to the toilet paper, right?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CDC is full of poo poo at this point anyway.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Dallas Mask masker won’t ramp up production because he’s afraid of being on the hook for unemployment after the crisis ends and he has to compete with China on price and loses business.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/wat...247-guess-again

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

davecrazy posted:

Dallas Mask masker won’t ramp up production because he’s afraid of being on the hook for unemployment after the crisis ends and he has to compete with China on price and loses business.

The article says he ramped up production for Swine Flu and was promised contracts by American hospitals who promptly ditched him for Chinese suppliers and he almost went bankrupt. Love capitalism!

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

davecrazy posted:

Couldn’t he hire employees as contractors for 3-6 month terms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The article claims that he is ramping up though?

It took us almost two years to spin up manufacturing for WWII.

And that was with 24% unemployment and a manufacturing level that was not nearly as sophisticated as today.

You don't spin up an additional two shifts by just hanging out a sign and shoving any idiot who walks in the door on a machine.