Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Lol I had to go through about four different confirmation screens to pause my subscription

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Whoof, I either have the stuff I want from that bundle or don't want most of it. The only thing I'd want is Griftlands, apparently? Eesh. I might go for it, but definitely not a priority.

Meanwhile State of Decay 2 has pulled me back in because I never beat Nightmare and damnit, I won't let this game win. I can build LOTS of pipebombs!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Hey, Pinball FX2 vs FX3. Any noteworthy differences? I read that the tables in 3 have a leveling up meta-thing which sounds kinda eh. I got that free Care Package so I plan on checking out the Aliens tables.
-
If you don't have the first five games of that humble choice, probably get on dat. I have a drm free opus and steam Gris already though. I'm not in a rush to play Hitman 2 either, but it's good from what I saw and played of the first free level.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Jamfrost posted:

Hey, Pinball FX2 vs FX3. Any noteworthy differences? I read that the tables in 3 have a leveling up meta-thing which sounds kinda eh. I got that free Care Package so I plan on checking out the Aliens tables.
-

FX3 is superior in every possible way. The power up / leveling thing is optional.

There's a few tables that they couldn't port over due to licensing issues, but I think it's limited to 3-4.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
It’s such a shame that Farsight turbofucked Pinball Arcade into such a sorry state, it’s truly a phenomenal pinball sim at its core.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tony Phillips posted:

FX3 is superior in every possible way. The power up / leveling thing is optional.

There's a few tables that they couldn't port over due to licensing issues, but I think it's limited to 3-4.

RIP the awesome Futbol themed tables.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

DrNutt posted:

RIP the awesome Futbol themed tables.

I miss the Splosion Man table :(

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Sininu posted:

I miss the Splosion Man table :(

This is the only reason I still have FX2 installed, not that I've run it up in literally years. That table should have been dire and annoying, but I inexplicable found it to be a lot of fun.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Gromit posted:

This is the only reason I still have FX2 installed, not that I've run it up in literally years. That table should have been dire and annoying, but I inexplicable found it to be a lot of fun.

I don't have them installed at the moment, but I actually liked all of the FX2 tables that didn't port over.

Splosion Man was fun enough to make me ignore the repetitive call outs.
The Soccer one was really different and (I thought) great.
I even somehow liked Plants vs. Zombies.

(I think that was it for games that didn't make it.)

Edit - nope. Some South Park's didnt make it.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Is there a place on humble's website to actually view the games in the current Humble Choice bundle if you haven't already paid for it? The page for "Choice" just shows the headliner (Hitman 2), all the subscription options, and the previous months' bundles. I saw the graphic posted above, and I'm grateful for that, but it seems like the website itself basically paywalls what you'd be getting until you've already bought it? Or am I just missing something obvious? After getting rid of the lootbox "bundle of unknown games" aspects when they switched to "Choice", have they really gone back to it in this weird way?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lakitu7 posted:

Is there a place on humble's website to actually view the games in the current Humble Choice bundle if you haven't already paid for it? The page for "Choice" just shows the headliner (Hitman 2), all the subscription options, and the previous months' bundles. I saw the graphic posted above, and I'm grateful for that, but it seems like the website itself basically paywalls what you'd be getting until you've already bought it? Or am I just missing something obvious? After getting rid of the lootbox "bundle of unknown games" aspects when they switched to "Choice", have they really gone back to it in this weird way?

It’s really loving funny how hard they make this. A dark pattern for sure.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Lakitu7 posted:

Huh, you seem to be right. I found that you can see the games in their blog:
https://blog.humblebundle.com/2020/04/03/april-2020-humble-choice-games/

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Sininu posted:

Huh, you seem to be right. I found that you can see the games in their blog:
https://blog.humblebundle.com/2020/04/03/april-2020-humble-choice-games/

Good to know they left a leak in their paywall! :lol: Thanks.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I remember it being really hard even when I was subscribed

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

If one wanted to play Dark Souls would it be better idea to play the original release with DSfix or the Remastered?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Sininu posted:

If one wanted to play Dark Souls would it be better idea to play the original release with DSfix or the Remastered?
Remastered, definitely.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
And preferably on console, to avoid the hackers

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Lakitu7 posted:

In addition to what's already been mentioned, you can just view a previous Choice bundle and switch the URL to the current month, as in https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/april-2020 - actually, seems to be that you can view the current month's bundle from https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/home as well. The latter probably requires you to be logged in to the Humble site since it seems to be reachable only from the user menu, but it seems to work without a subscription active, since I don't have one. Why does it have to be this difficult :psyduck:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

State of Decay 2 thoughts: I'm playing on nightmare difficulty, which is the hardest. Resources are scarce, enemies hit like trucks, there are always like 20+ zombies in an area, and hoards now come in freak varieties so you can just run into three ferals randomly. Which is a death sentence if you don't have a vehicle or something to climb on nearby, as they can outrun you and kill you.

It's clearly marked out as basically an impossible difficulty, so I went into this expecting all of this bullshit. It's been an interesting experience so far? When I began to get good enough at this game to stop feeling tension - I didn't lose anyone on dread difficulty, and my last playthrough on normal was basically a cakewalk - nightmare has been killing survivors left and right, as I learn how much I need to sneak, how much running away from a fight is important, and so on. Going into a plague heart without enough supplies or backup is a death sentence. Sometimes random missions are just straight up killers if you don't realize how deep the poo poo is and run.

I simultaneously love it - it's terrifying and tense - and hate it, because it's making me feel nervous and tense. Plus the guilt as I get another survivor killed because of my mistakes.

The biggest complaint I have is how fragile cars are in this mode, so I'm basically living toolbox to toolbox - they're the most precious item in the game, because a car in working order means cutting down on travel time + traveling safely in most circumstances.

Phew. And there are something like 17 plague hearts on this map in this zone, so I'm in for the long haul.

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
fwiw the Bard's Tale IV key in the Humble Choice bundle also gives you the Bard's Tale Trilogy.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
I'm digging the Alien Isolation pinball table.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

StrixNebulosa posted:

State of Decay 2 thoughts:

Sounds like Dread is the way to go then?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Whoof, I either have the stuff I want from that bundle or don't want most of it. The only thing I'd want is Griftlands, apparently? Eesh. I might go for it, but definitely not a priority.

Driftland is what's offered in the bundle, not Griftlands.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I heard about the rather disappointing reviews for RE3 and from playing the first 10 minutes or so, it's everything I hate about aaa games. Super scripted, hobbling around without real control of the character and an inability to do anything, a bunch of action cutscenes you just watch, tons of screen-shaking, ~cinematic walk and talk~. It's unreal how bad it is unless you like that sort of thing.

What happened Capcom? I hope it gets better.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 3, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It is kind of weird so far, yeah. It's like if RE2make and Resident Evil 6 had a baby or something.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RE3 being worse than RE2, again.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

It feels like I'm playing nu-Tomb Raider.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Sounds like Dread is the way to go then?

I would start with normal, honestly. I lost a lot of people while learning how to play this game. But now that I'm decent at it, I'd be happiest playing dread - challenge vs no infinite ferals.

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~
If anyone has a Molek-Syntez key they don't need, PM me and I'll trade you something for it :)

e: also, what's the deal with the extra 20% discount on EGS? How do I get that?

Sleve McDichael fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 3, 2020

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Sivek posted:

I heard about the rather disappointing reviews for RE3 and from playing the first 10 minutes or so, it's everything I hate about aaa games. Super scripted, hobbling around without real control of the character and an inability to do anything, a bunch of action cutscenes you just watch, tons of screen-shaking, ~cinematic walk and talk~. It's unreal how bad it is unless you like that sort of thing.

What happened Capcom? I hope it gets better.
Watching a longplay of it and it basically is Capcom knowing they can get away with having a shortened RE game with corners cut and still charge full price for it. Backtracking: The Survival Horror Game.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Sleve McDichael posted:

If anyone has a Molek-Syntez key they don't need, PM me and I'll trade you something for it :)

e: also, what's the deal with the extra 20% discount on EGS? How do I get that?

Sent you a PM.

Do you mean the 20% discount on the Humble Store? That's a bonus for being an active (non-paused) subscriber, though it depends on whether the publisher honors the discount or not. Most do, but some don't (Uplay, Nintendo, etc.).

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Once you get out of first person mode RE3make plays pretty much like RE2make. Apart from the part where it's like half the length of the previous game.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Does it have another gimmick? RE2's A&B gives it a ton of life.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Jamfrost posted:

Does it have another gimmick? RE2's A&B gives it a ton of life.
It comes bundled with Resident Evil Resistance, if you like asymmetric multiplayer shooters.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You have dodge moves, but you gave up the knife counter attack.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Here's a key for Paratopic, a game I won't be playing

H4BP9-P704X-IHQ4Q

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

TheBigAristotle posted:

Here's a key for Paratopic, a game I won't be playing

H4BP9-P704X-IHQ4Q

took that, thanks

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dias posted:

Capitalism 2 has joined Chess 2 in my personal list of funniest videogame names.

I want to see this list.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Hitman 2 with all the levels is 149GB HOLY poo poo

Expansion Pass is on sale for 76% off btw if you just activated the standard edition from the Humble Monthly: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/hitman2-expansion-pass

EDIT: I just looked out of curiosity and for comparison, AC: Odyssey with all extra content is 98GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is two games of massively detailed levels but yeah, things are kind of getting out of hand now that everyone has stopped compressing things. Except Japanese game devs, I suppose.