Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So will the changes to light attack make the game feel better to play? I loving hated light attack weaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Pick what looks cool

This emblazoned across the sky in huge letters.

E: on that note I started a Wood Elf Warden because I like the look of them (and I've had some variant thereof in every MMO I've ever played). My High Elf Sorcerer is the tallest I could make the slider go. My WE is the shortest. When I play my WE I feel like a tiny little mouse it's great how much the slider actually makes a difference in this game.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 3, 2020

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

JadaX posted:

Quit this back in August - stupid stay at home is forcing me to look at this or WoW. Feelsbad man.

Might login to see how many crowns I have, buy the zones I don't have and then log off, don't think I can actually raid on my current Intel HD 4000 laptop xD

You can play the game via PS now streaming :v:

Granted you'd have to start from scratch, but still.

More generally I've paid for it recently and am loving it, £8.99 a month for 800 games streamed right away is a great deal. If you have a controller you might want to give it a go, maybe not for ESO though to be fair.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Doctor Zero posted:

This emblazoned across the sky in huge letters.

E: on that note I started a Wood Elf Warden because I like the look of them (and I've had some variant thereof in every MMO I've ever played). My High Elf Sorcerer is the tallest I could make the slider go. My WE is the shortest. When I play my WE I feel like a tiny little mouse it's great how much the slider actually makes a difference in this game.

I've said it before, but I love the degree of nuance the character creation and clothing options have, and I hope the next main series Elder Scrolls game offers at least this level of complexity. I ended up with nine Argonians who each had their own distinct looks and personality, and I easily could've made more.

Also, I'm taking an extended break from ESO and don't know when I'll be back. Forget MMOs, Animal Crossing is almost too much game for me to deal with now that I have a kid.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if i buy elsweyr upgrade from steam, does my account also get summerset? or i gotta sub to do summerset stuff?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

valuum posted:

Chill bros unite :hfive:

Not being subbed is pretty brilliant if your bags can take it, playing on and off without feeling that I "have to" play or that I'm neglecting anything.

Hell yeah :cool::respek::cool:

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
The Jubilee event that's on now is a great chance to add more outfit styles to your collection. Just doing all the crafting writs for your characters will give you a ton of styles, some of them normally quite expensive.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Oceanbound posted:

The Jubilee event that's on now is a great chance to add more outfit styles to your collection. Just doing all the crafting writs for your characters will give you a ton of styles, some of them normally quite expensive.

Also, if you've got a bit of gold saved up, this is a great time to find motifs dirt cheap on every guild trader, sometimes rare and valuable ones.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Ok three questions after subbing. What's a really good dlc I should do? I've done thieves guild before but that's it. I was thinking dragonhold, but it sounds like it's the end of a storyline that I need elsweyr to do all of.

Next, do dungeons level scale? Or am I out of luck when it comes to experiencing those dlcs since I'm not at max.

Last, how do I make money?! I only have lower level characters atm but I'm always broke.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

cams posted:

if i buy elsweyr upgrade from steam, does my account also get summerset? or i gotta sub to do summerset stuff?

Assuming it works the same as buying it from ZOS, Elsweyr upgrade will only add the chapter. There is a full version that includes Summerset, but that's not advertised as an upgrade, but the full game. I'd just buy the Elsweyr upgrade for cheap, then subscribe in order to play the Summerset DLC.

If you don't wish to sub, then I'd buy the full Greymoor version, which is not on sale, but that'd include Summerset, Elsweyr, and Greymoor when it comes out next month.

Of course, you'd still have to fork over Crowns for the DLC zones if you don't sub...

Edit for Elblanco:

I thought the Orsinium DLC in Wrothgar was pretty good. It's all about the Orcs and traditions amongst them. If you have access to it, whenever you visit an Alliance city an Orc will come running up to you complaining about how long to took to find you. Every time you visit an Alliance city.

Everything scales, so you could do a delve at level 5, fight enemies and get loot that's level 5, then return to that delve at 50 and the enemies and loot will be 50 as well.

For money many folks would recommend joining a Trade Guild in order to sell stuff, though at low levels you might not have much to sell.

Once you hit level 6, visit any of the Alliance capitals, Vivic City in vvardenfell, Rimmin in Northern Elsweyr, or Alinor in Summerset, and hit up the Mage and Fighter's Guild to pick up crafting certifications. Once completed, you'll get a daily for each crafting station that'll cough up materials, surveys, recipes, and, of course, money.

Speaking of crafting, you're better off just making your own stuff with whatever character is your designated "crafter". That character is going to need a bunch of skill points in order to build up crafting passives (as well as skills for adventuring), so you're going to have to go looking for Skyshards. While you're doing that, make sure you discover as many crafting set locations on the map, as that'll give you extra buffs and side effects for having 2-5 set pieces equipped.

Oh, since you mentioned Dragonhold, there's a character there, and in Elsweyr, and the upcoming Greymoor, which are actually introduced in The Main Quest. If you don't a tab in your journal that says "Main Quest", visit your Alliance capital and talk to The Hooded Figure. Each quest for the MQ will reward a skill point and a lot of xp, relative to your level.

Burnt Poffin fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 3, 2020

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

I really dug playing Morrowind Online. It was the first thing in ESO I did because I love me some Morrowind.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Doctor Zero posted:

I really dug playing Morrowind Online. It was the first thing in ESO I did because I love me some Morrowind.

:same:

Once my first character finished the tutorial, I ported to Vvardenfell at lvl 3. A really good "first impression" zone.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I’m starting to think I should probably play Elder Scrolls 3 before I get much deeper into this.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
I enjoyed the Morrowind chapter as well, but I didn't realize that I'd lose that tutorial once I bought Elsweyr when it went on sale a few days after buying the base game.

Wish they'd either let each new character choose which tutorial to play (Main Quest, Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and soon Greymoor) or give us the option to play that chapter's tutorial when we start the quest line for it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wrothgar, Clockwork City, Morrowind, and Murkmire are easily the game's best stories and should be played.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Burnt Poffin posted:

Wish they'd either let each new character choose which tutorial to play (Main Quest, Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and soon Greymoor) or give us the option to play that chapter's tutorial when we start the quest line for it.

Agreed. It's CRAZY that they don't do this.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Is the info in the OP still relevant? I just started playing and just wanted to get my bearings. Also could I get an invite to the guild? I'm @ruhhrohh on eso.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

how are wardens or pet sorcs? kinda wanna solo around and play through the story and stuff since yay quarantine.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

municipal shrimp posted:

Is the info in the OP still relevant? I just started playing and just wanted to get my bearings. Also could I get an invite to the guild? I'm @ruhhrohh on eso.

It says account not found, are you not on NA

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

queeb posted:

how are wardens or pet sorcs? kinda wanna solo around and play through the story and stuff since yay quarantine.

I enjoy bear warden more than pet sorc as far as “feel” goes. I like running around with my pet magic bear, who I would much rather spend time with than Purple Hell Dinosaur. And the “gently caress that guy up” ability for the bear does substantial damage. Feels more like I’m exploring with A Friend.

Sorc has more pets with more varied utility, and its class spells are a bit more flashy.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

sweet, ill try both. ill start with a stamina warden first anyways

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

queeb posted:

sweet, ill try both. ill start with a stamina warden first anyways

I have a sorc up to level 42 and a warden at level 18 and it’s really tempting to just play my warden because the game play is so drat fun with my bear mauling people while I TWANG TWANG TWANG with the bow. But I really want to get my first character to 50.

The sorcerer definitely melts things don’t get me wrong but the rotation feels more like work.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Oceanbound posted:

It says account not found, are you not on NA

Whoops sorry it's @RuhhhRohhh

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
Could I get an invite to the EU guild? (@cknoos)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

reinstalling for the anniversary event so i don't miss out on cake

time to spend my morning looking up everything since the uh, last time i played like 6-8 months ago

Burnt Poffin posted:

this is something people have asked for like four years and its even weirder when you consider the wasting of assets every year (okay mostly for the morrowind and elsweyr tutorials which were quite involved, summersets was quite a bit of a rush job but it had a bunch of quest hooks for changed dialogue in summerset if you did it that are only going to be seen by an increasingly small amount of players with each chapter release)

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Apr 5, 2020

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

What are the essential mods I should be looking for?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Saw this as play for free until tomorrow so decided to give it a go. I want to play Templar but I was wondering if it was possible to have a two hander/healer kinda Nord which sounds like the most underachiever combination after checking out the guidelines.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I'm only up to level 20 so far but I reckon if you're soloing you can do whatever you want. If you want to queue as a healer though you should probably be packing a restoration staff and be magicka based (so you can cast more heals).

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Galewolf posted:

Saw this as play for free until tomorrow so decided to give it a go. I want to play Templar but I was wondering if it was possible to have a two hander/healer kinda Nord which sounds like the most underachiever combination after checking out the guidelines.

I guess it depends on what you consider a two hander. By default a healing templar is going to go majicka and use a heal staff on one bar and a destruction staff on the other, with mostly heal abilities on the one bar and mostly damage on the other, but preferably a little of everything on both so your skills level up. Staves in ESO shoot lightning/fire/etc depending on what type they are, so if you are talking about running around with say a 2 handed sword and healing, well, I guess you could do that but I don't think it would really be considered viable, or certainly at least not optimal. Many of the best heals are under the healing staff tree.

Now if you are looking to do like a damage templar, who also happens to have some good heals to keep yourself alive or help your friends in clutch situations, yeah, that's totally doable.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Galewolf posted:

You can play whatever you want in solo/group/non-endgame pve since it's basically a multiplayer skyrim.

If you plan to do end-game raiding then you'll have to stick to some classes and builds and a 2h (non-staff) healer will not work. On the other hand a 2h healer will work for pvp, but then a nord healer in pvp is fine but not bis.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Thank you for the answers, it's much appreciated. I enjoy the combat, it feels fluid and responsive so I'll give other classes a go as well before buying this.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Just started playing this again, never got far before but made a new character.
Acount is @Aibon if I can get a guild invite~

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Twenty Four posted:

Now if you are looking to do like a damage templar, who also happens to have some good heals to keep yourself alive or help your friends in clutch situations, yeah, that's totally doable.

Totally agreeing with this post, especially this part. My main character that I've run for years is a Breton damage templar with a two-handed sword and heavy armor. It's definitely not an "optimal" build and not my favorite character for running group stuff, but it's really satisfying for solo play being sort of a one-man group with a little bit of tanking and healing utility to keep me alive.

If I'm doing something like a dolmen or dragon fight with a big group, I'll stand back and heal when I can; difficult with a tiny magicka pool, since I put zero points in it, but that's the one situation where the Breton passives actually become useful.

Rajazan
Sep 19, 2012
Hey folks can I snag an invite to the guild (NA)? User name is @Rajazan. Used to play a long time ago, but decided to pick it up and roll a new character again on a whim.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

got my cake

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Berke Negri posted:

got my cake

And you get to eat it, too!

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So are the motifs for the event only for outfits?

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
No, I've gotten weapon and shield motifs as well. For Event Tickets you can buy motifs from the Impressario for 5 tickets each, but I've gotten up to three of those a day from just doing daily crafting writs.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

So are warden and necromancer Fun and Good? I've also got a leveled nightblade from a year or two back, are there any good sites/resources for how they play nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I like Necro. The tethers don’t thrill me (just kinda weird?) but the skeletons and scythe are fun, and the armor that yanks people in is real cool. Good candidates for a one-man-army type char since that scythe move is a cleaving self heal.