Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Nice I didn’t see that. I’ll be interested to see how the heroes are developed compared to their ally counterpart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Easy mode and hard mode for Marvel: Champions

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/3/23/heroic-mode/

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Heroic level 2 sounds like a loving nightmare

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Heroic level 2 sounds like a loving nightmare

Oh look another card with surge. :barf:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Black Widow spoiler list.

https://hallofheroeslcg.com/natasha-romanoff-black-widow/

She looks really good and I love a lot of the cards that got added for justice and the other aspects

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m finally getting Wrecking Crew and Thor in the mail today!! :woop:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Just got a notification from Amazon that Black Widow will be out in August.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Got word from my LGS that all of the Marvel Champions packs have been reprinted and are shipping, with the catch that shipping might take 2-3 weeks because of limited staff.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Has anyone done anything with Thor solo? I find myself on the back foot from the start....poor thwart and low hand size are an awful combo. She Hulk seems similar but in practice she comes with a bunch of threat management that he just lacks.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Helion posted:

Has anyone done anything with Thor solo? I find myself on the back foot from the start....poor thwart and low hand size are an awful combo. She Hulk seems similar but in practice she comes with a bunch of threat management that he just lacks.

I’ve had some success with Thor Justice, maxing For Justice, Heroic Intuition and Emergency with Jessica Jones and Daredevil to help mitigate but it takes a long loving time.

There’s really no good way to do it because you’re either going to get schemed out of it quick, or constantly bounce back and forth between thwarting and recovery with fewer opportunities to attack.

It’s a chore and I probably won’t play solo with him again.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
I just ran Justice Thor, followed by Leader Cap, against Klaw with expert and the Masters of Evil. The gulf between them was almost comical. Thor "won" (I was distracted and may have made errors) by the barest margin imaginable, while Cap and Friends had the situation on lock from turn one.

I will say that a four point thunder strike that wipes out two frost giants did feel pretty awesome.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Does anyone have a good scan for the back of the encounter cards, or know where I can find them? I found the database online with watermarked scans of the front of every card, plus some deck lists, but haven't seen the backs.

I'm going to print out extra sets of the standard villain attack cards instead of just finding them every game.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Best I could find is the tiny little one that comes with the OCTGN module, and reverse image searching didn't turn up much.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Shadow225 posted:

Does anyone have a good scan for the back of the encounter cards, or know where I can find them? I found the database online with watermarked scans of the front of every card, plus some deck lists, but haven't seen the backs.

I'm going to print out extra sets of the standard villain attack cards instead of just finding them every game.

I think sleeving them in black sleeves would be easier.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Foehammer posted:

Best I could find is the tiny little one that comes with the OCTGN module, and reverse image searching didn't turn up much.

I love you.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
New FFG marvel article should be up soon. Livestream showed off the heroes.

Hawkeye, seems okay. You grab his bow and and he uses it to fire off arrows. His quiver lets you put arrows underneath the quiver and fire them off in later rounds.

Spider-Woman looks crazy fun though. You run 2 aspects and for every aspect card played that round she gets +1 to all her stats.

They’ve confirmed there’s a bit of a story that will take place, but nothing on the same level as Arkham Horror. More streamlined and basic.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Link to the article

Spider-Woman will be a wild hero to build/control (who can have a potential 5 thwart and 5 attack), but I'm more excited for Hawkeye. The arrows seem fun and right up my alley. Also the teaser for the next set of packs:

Not sure on first (who is a villain), but hoping for the next 4: Scott Lang (or maybe Deadpool), Squirrel Girl, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 3, 2020

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm going to guess Masters of Evil for the first one because that looks like Zemo to me.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I guess Iron Fist for number 2.

Also I want the next big box because I'm already out of storage using base box and insert with sleeved cards. Also also lol at official ffg sleeves barely fitting insert official ffg insert

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Just suggesting one might be Squirrel Girl fills my heart with hope.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’re so good thus far at adding cool new twists every time that I don’t even care who the new sets are.

I’m really impressed with Champions.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

I guess Iron Fist for number 2.

Also I want the next big box because I'm already out of storage using base box and insert with sleeved cards. Also also lol at official ffg sleeves barely fitting insert official ffg insert
I don’t think that’s a karate pose. I think it’s a dude on the couch with a remote and a beer. Scott Lang and Deadpool are the only guys I can think of that would have that for their alter egos.

Helion posted:

Just suggesting one might be Squirrel Girl fills my heart with hope.
She’s an ally if you don’t realize! I’m solely basing it on being a girl on a computer, but I also desperately want Doreen (and Koi Boi) to make it into this game.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
If we get Scott Lang before Hank Pym I will be very disappointed for about ten minutes and then move on with my life.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
What are peoples' thoughts on Widow and Strange? Quick runthroughs on each have made them both seem much, much better than Thor.

Natasha also leans more into the "good as alter-ego, too" thing we started seeing with Ms. Marvel and, to a lesser extent, She-Hulk.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Black Widow feels like she'll be a lot of fun what with all the set up she can do. I'm not sure off the top of my head what I'd say her best Aspect is, but she does seem to reward careful planning even more than most heroes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Black Widow feels like she'll be a lot of fun what with all the set up she can do. I'm not sure off the top of my head what I'd say her best Aspect is, but she does seem to reward careful planning even more than most heroes.

I haven’t seen her full deck list but I’m most interested in using Leadership with her. It has the best allies and things like Make the Call would make it easier to consistently have a way to attack and thwart even when she’s in alter ego mode.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

She needs hitting power, at least in solo, so card choice should be made with that in mind. Her pack does come with a new attack for Justice, though, Stealth Strike, which does four damage to a target and, if it is defeated, removes two threat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I noticed that Fantasy Flight Games has restocked a bunch of their Lord of the Ring stuff. All of the Stand Alone Scenarios are restocked right now.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Blast from the past: i was incredibly bored today and decided to actually organize the complete collection of WH40K conquest cards (minus the last pack) i had; found this (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1827606/collection-28-casual-decks-complete-set) list of decks to use. played a few games by myself, they seem fun but very swingy because of the drastically limited cardpool.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

That reminds me, the Apoka fan made releases are a phenomenal attempt to keep supporting the game.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Nevermind, must have clicked an old link. Site is still up

Roluth fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 18, 2020

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I posted this in the board game thread, but seeing as this game is very much card driven and "living", it might be a better fit here:

The - miniature and deck constructor MOBA game - Skytear had a very successful kickstarter and the game is now available for purchase. Team Covenant have been raving about it for a few weeks. It has a very high score on BGG (but still a fairly small sample size) and everything I've seen about it looks pretty darn great. The basics seems to be very streamlined and everything is very elegantly organised. Its miniatures are also sensibly sized (with sensibly proportioned women), a rare feat in kickstarter games it seems, and the entry price is only 70 bucks. It's free to play on both TTS and Tabletopia. What I've seen looks great, so I've already ordered a starter set and an expansion and hoping this game can get some traction, despite the unfortunate timing.

Check it out: https://www.playskytear.com/gameplay

Edit:
Some youtube hype:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM0n76DV92k

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Looking through those Conquest decks and playing a few games I think at least some of them need a much better command structure but idk how to do that with the limitations I have; or how much it matters given the limitations

e: also I'm missing just the last pack which is also apparently the only one the local game shop doesn't have in storage :(

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 18, 2020

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

StashAugustine posted:

Blast from the past: i was incredibly bored today and decided to actually organize the complete collection of WH40K conquest cards (minus the last pack) i had; found this (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1827606/collection-28-casual-decks-complete-set) list of decks to use. played a few games by myself, they seem fun but very swingy because of the drastically limited cardpool.

Conquest was a great game and it's unfortunate they lost the license. As an aside I wish they'd have kept the ruleset with slight modifications for L5R (which I guess apparently was the initial plan but it got nixed). The preset commander cards I thought struck a good balance between free deckbuilding and the Star Wars LCG pod system (which I also liked, but you really need a large card base to make work).

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

My one gripe with the command squads was that they should have all been at least 2 off, it's such a huge swing when you do or don't get a crucial support or attachment

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

My one gripe with the command squads was that they should have all been at least 2 off, it's such a huge swing when you do or don't get a crucial support or attachment

It's a common gripe with all of FFG's card games. 1-offs are a terrible design that they keep coming back to because...who knows!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

For Marvel Champions obviously some things haven't come out on time due to COVID. New release schedule with Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Hulk and Red Skull box coming in June, July, August and September. IDK when my store will even be open, so may be longer for me.

For the previously leaked boxes, apparently they were spoiled by a spanish retailer, and are Kang, Ant-Man, Wasp, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I just have the base set and am going to be playing solo or with my girlfriend for the foreseeable future. What's best to pick up next?

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Thirsty Dog posted:

I just have the base set and am going to be playing solo or with my girlfriend for the foreseeable future. What's best to pick up next?

If there is a hero you like that is out, go for that. Otherwise, the Green Goblin pack comes with two new scenarios and a few modular encounter sets which goes a long way towards adding variety to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
If you're playing it a lot and you enjoy it, it's probably worth your while to get everything except Wrecking Crew.