Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

chiasaur11 posted:

Right, in order:

The Froppy fight had some good back and forth, established some minor stakes with Shinso's part (also making him look more like a threat for when Deku would have to deal with him), and built to a fun final.
Momo's fight sucked.
Todoroki's fight had some moments, but mostly it was just there.
Bakugo's fight was just a blitz of Bakugo being the best.
And Deku's fight had actual plot and Uraraka kicking absurd amounts of rear end, so it was good.

Basically, we've got 60 percent good, 20 percent eh, and 20 percent bad. It's just discussion focuses on the bad.

If the anime speeds things up, it should be better. But... we did also say that about the Overhaul arc.

Deku's fight was great because Uraraka and Mina got to be awesome in it. Uraraka destroyed 3/5 members of B's team, was a better stealth attacker than Hagakura, and instantly figured out how to help stop Deku's rampage, while Mina got to use Mineta as a projectile weapon(the role he was born for) and ended the match with a sickass shoryuken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Tbh there were still a bunch of cool things in the Momo fight. Kendo was a straight up chad, 1-B's quirks were all interesting and used in neat ways, we got Hawks and Tokoyami forming a Whole Bird and then the ridiculous way Tokoyami can fly was amazing.

It's really that except for Tokoyami the rest of 1-A's team all sucked super loving hard and Hori tries to play up Momo even though Kendo crushed her physically and mentally.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

chiasaur11 posted:

Momo's fight sucked.

And it's the last thing she got to do in the manga. :shepface:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Until this latest arc none of the kids had really done anything after the 1B fights outside of the core 3

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
See, I appreciate the fights mostly because it shows that 1-B have some really cool and unique quirks, given that we really only knew Neito's, Kendo's, Testu's, Ibara's and Honenuki's beforehand.

Oh, and the guy who put Momo's tracker on that Noumu in the camp training arc.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Until this latest arc none of the kids had really done anything after the 1B fights outside of the core 3

Even then Deku and Bakugou were mostly just background characters during the Endeavor Internships in favor of more Todoroki family drama. We haven't even seen them since this operation started, and they're all in the one location where none of the known villains are, so who knows what they'll actually do when we eventually cut back to them.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I think the froppy fight used the onomatopoeia "froppy froppy" for her hopping, which is pretty good.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

The fights are often the least interesting point of MHA.

Which is why Vigilantes is better than the main series. :colbert:

If they are going to make more MHA movies, I'd rather they adapt Vigilantes into movie format, albeit with Bones' Animation B-Team and keep the good directors/animators for the main series, because I imagine with a movie budget, they could give us something on par with the main series without making the main series suffer

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

That Mirko cover is very good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

profileusername posted:

:agreed:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

profileusername posted:

Mirko... is very good.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

profileusername posted:

Yes it is

Here it is again in better quality

https://twitter.com/tweetsbyred/status/1245978814515154944?s=20

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Horikoshi a few weeks ago: "I could draw Mirko for 30 more weeks, but I have to move on with the story." *Horikoshi continues to find excuses to draw Mirko*

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Izuku is slowly going to get redesigned into Mirko.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Funky Valentine posted:

You could just get him to give One for All to Mirko :v:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Funky Valentine posted:

He did say that this is the story of how he became the greatest hero, after all!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

He became the greatest hero by giving the greatest Quirk to the greatest hero

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

What if one of the past wielders had one of these animal quirks and Deku becomes a gerbil or something?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The rule seems to be that the more harmless an animal the more powerful the quirk, so he’d probably start crushing buildings with his mind.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
squeezes himself into Shiggy's butthole and destroys him from the inside

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

squeezes himself into Shiggy's butthole and destroys him from the inside

Muffled japanese screaming one for all full cowling

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Her hand looks backwards, is it just me? Like, only at the wrist, everything else seems alright. Must be a good rotating android arm.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

RareAcumen posted:

Her hand looks backwards, is it just me? Like, only at the wrist, everything else seems alright. Must be a good rotating android arm.

Palm is facing down, thumb is orange.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

She's doing the bunny ear thing with her hand.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
So uhh, I'm just catching up on the Twitter over coffee this morning so I haven't seen it yet but definitely check out today's episode of the anime. Bones absolutely animated the Endeavor fight for the finale of season 4. Nakamura got a cut too:

https://twitter.com/PurpleGeth/status/1246376976077684736?s=19

There's also a preview for season 5 which was pretty cool:

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1246361278374801408?s=19

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 4, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We don’t have a start date for Season 5 yet do we?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh dear, that latest chapter...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Anime thread is already getting into the old "I can't believe they redeemed Endeavor" arguments we had around this time, only they'll have to wait a whole year or whatever for the next season to show that no, he still has a lot of work to do.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
It's the only time I've ever wanted to manga post in the anime thread, just to spare them.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I just posted that Endeavor's arc isn't over yet, but I don't know if even that is saying too much.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rhonne posted:

Anime thread is already getting into the old "I can't believe they redeemed Endeavor" arguments we had around this time, only they'll have to wait a whole year or whatever for the next season to show that no, he still has a lot of work to do.

God, the entire story of the anime thread has been going through the same arguments we had but a year later.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wish this season had gotten just one more episode though, they probably could have fit all of the aftermath of the fight in it.

Curious how they follow this up with the usual first episode recap next season.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I sort of expected them to just end the season on Dabi walking up to Endeavor or Hawks and Dabi standing together being all chummy, just to fuel speculation and leave people off with a cliff hanger. It could've boosted manga sales or something.
But I suppose they wanted to avoid that. Especially the Dabi thing is a bit anti-climatic, given how everyone expects them to reveal some connection already.

If it was up to me I'd make the start of season recap episode centered around Tokoyamis time at Hawks office. He was specifically invited there because Hawks wanted info on his classmates and it'd make a good framing device for a recap episode. It'd be canonical for once as well.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Just watched the episode and realized the kid Endeavor fan is based off Natsu from Fairy Tale. Got the scarf and everything.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Endeavor making wings out of Hawks' feathers was intense as gently caress

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1246372207598514176

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zwiebel posted:

I sort of expected them to just end the season on Dabi walking up to Endeavor or Hawks and Dabi standing together being all chummy, just to fuel speculation and leave people off with a cliff hanger. It could've boosted manga sales or something.
But I suppose they wanted to avoid that. Especially the Dabi thing is a bit anti-climatic, given how everyone expects them to reveal some connection already.

If it was up to me I'd make the start of season recap episode centered around Tokoyamis time at Hawks office. He was specifically invited there because Hawks wanted info on his classmates and it'd make a good framing device for a recap episode. It'd be canonical for once as well.

I think the end-of-episode preview of Deku dreaming about OFA is sufficient as a hook for next season.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
that was an awesome season finale. hell yes.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think the end-of-episode preview of Deku dreaming about OFA is sufficient as a hook for next season.

this was done really well too

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

My only concern is that this might really through off the pacing of the first (non-recap) episode of next season. They'll have to go back in time and do the Dabi thing, then go forward in time to the dream and replay it with all the stuff they left out. And somewhere in there they have to fit in SLUUUUUURP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I came across a colorized version of Chapter 266: https://imgur.com/a/DAGmK85

Makes some of the action a lot clearer to read.