Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Actively putting my dick in a bear trap laid out by Boris Johnson because it's the last thing he'd expect. The 8D chess has begun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
reminder the left still controls the NEC and the disciplinary committee

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Okay let's say bailey won, what would you have done that's so spectacular as to warrant any other outcome as stupidity?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Stormgale posted:

Last I remember he was the one palling around on Mumsnet, I could be wrong though.

That's tripe, he's supported the Gender Reform Act.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Not So Fast posted:

That's tripe, he's supported the Gender Reform Act.

Who was it during the leadership that was palling around on Mumsnet then, I was sure it was Kier?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ronya posted:

reminder the left still controls the NEC and the disciplinary committee

That's expected to change in the next few minutes.

https://twitter.com/katyballs/status/1246391711179452416?s=20

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Okay let's say bailey won, what would you have done that's so spectacular as to warrant any other outcome as stupidity?

It wouldn't be handing the leadership of the party back to the right wing of the party who have actively been sabotaging anyone to the left of David Cameron for the past fifty years. You dumbass.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Azza Bamboo posted:

A lot of tears itt. Also "if you're not with me then you're against me" thinking.

Didn't take you long to get to the "lol ur tears taste so sweet" phase after voting Vidkun Quisling to own the Nazis.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
You seem sure that anyone who isn't Corbyns legacy is a Blairite like it's a binary switch in every Labour politician.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I'm fine with Keir as leader, you call seem to think he's the next coming of Blair he seems to have similar politics to Miliband who at the time seemed very left wing. The party has (naturally) shifted back to the right but not by very much historically speaking.

The thing that's really pissed me off is that Murray was apparently more popular than Butler.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Everyone I don’t like is a Tory!! Why do I keep losing votes :cry:

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.

Azza Bamboo posted:

You run people who the CLPs back at the election using the new selection rules and then, should the party ever get a shitload of seats, its parliamentary votes are in the hands of the new blood. If there's anything the years of brexit wank taught us it's that the ministers are losing their grip on the process.

And do you expect the centre & right bits of the party to just..... let that happen?

"Should the party ever get a shitload of seats" is also uh, doing some heavy lifting here.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Azza Bamboo posted:

You seem sure that anyone who isn't Corbyns legacy is a Blairite like it's a binary switch in every Labour politician.

It loving well is, you blind loving moron

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Azza Bamboo posted:

Azza Bamboo posted:

It's a loving flu, we'll get through it and some grannies will die and a few nurses will quit their NHS jobs in favour of the much less stressful cosmetic procedure industry. Life goes on whoop de doo.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Azza Bamboo posted:

You're a coward for not showing the Cells at Work anime versions.

I prefer the french 1980s version.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If the party didn't get shitloads of seats then it was irrelevant as it is now.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Stormgale posted:

Who was it during the leadership that was palling around on Mumsnet then, I was sure it was Kier?

I doubt it.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/04/04/keir-starmer-lgbt-new-labour-leader-election-trans-rights-gay-gender-recognition-act/

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Azza Bamboo posted:

I'm sure that the man who saw a left wing candidate win the party leadership three times due to support from the membership and said this meant the membership had too much say in who led the party is not going to have the interests of the left in mind.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I will say this much, between this shitshow and biden i've finally had the impetus to go full communo-anarchist

I genuinely think the world's in the palliative care stage now. Nothing good is ever going to come of the establishment. Our new job is to take care of people wherever we can, making life at least a little less miserable for as many people as possible, fully outside the sphere of electoral politics. We can't save the world, but maybe we can make it 0.07% less lovely

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I remember that French cartoon, it was once packaged with a magazine that let you build a model of the human body piece by piece

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I'm fine with Keir as leader, you call seem to think he's the next coming of Blair he seems to have similar politics to Miliband who at the time seemed very left wing.

Ah good, the very successful Miliband era. Huzzah. Also, in 2010 Miliband was a move to the left from Brown. In 2020 Starmer is a move to the right from Corbyn. Context matters. If Red Ed came after Corbyn I'd not have been happy either.

Barry Foster posted:

I will say this much, between this shitshow and biden i've finally had the impetus to go full communo-anarchist

Welcome to the team, electoralism is a waste of energy that could be better used for mutual aid groups.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Can I ask what it is about making a massively stupid decision that everyone laughs at you for that makes men double down and pretend to be the smartest man in the room?

His campaign was funded and ran by the Blairites. The Blairites hand picked Keir. He was part of the chicken coup. His Brexit policy shafted Labour in 2019. What the gently caress do you expect to happen?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah. I'm never voting again tbh

Probably wait for the next manifesto before making this kind of declaration?

I'm upset RLB didn't win too, but we really don't know what Starmer will be like. I feel like people are going a bit overboard right now, and I'm not optimistic either, but I'm at least willing to see what he's going to offer and how he's going to conduct himself as leader

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can I ask what it is about making a massively stupid decision that everyone laughs at you for that makes men double down and pretend to be the smartest man in the room?

His campaign was funded and ran by the Blairites. The Blairites hand picked Keir. He was part of the chicken coup. His Brexit policy shafted Labour in 2019. What the gently caress do you expect to happen?

A massively stupid decision that the *checks notes* vastly majority of the Labour Party membership also just made?

Can you not see what a ludicrous echo chamber you exist in?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gasmask posted:

A massively stupid decision that the *checks notes* vastly majority of the Labour Party membership also just made?

Electing the Tories in December wasn't a dumb thing because lots of people did it. That's your logic.

But thanks for the stunningly original observation that UKMT is an echo chamber, no loving poo poo it is.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Gasmask posted:

Lotta people can make stupid decisions, just look at Biden.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If you want a sincere answer It's the sense that the community has divorced from you and the feeling like you've been ejected from the groupthink to find your community elsewhere. It's a bittersweet feeling, goodbye and I'm free.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gasmask posted:

Just dumb as all gently caress.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1246382465444347904

Azza Bamboo posted:

If you want a sincere answer It's the sense that the community has divorced from you and the feeling like you've been ejected from the groupthink to find your community elsewhere. It's a bittersweet feeling, goodbye and I'm free.

What the gently caress are you talking about you dumb boy?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

Probably wait for the next manifesto before making this kind of declaration?

This has been a decade in the making, this was just the final straw

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The Labour First candidates won the NEC seats

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Electing the Tories in December wasn't a dumb thing because lots of people did it. That's your logic.

No I’m pointing out that you lot talk like you have a mandate of heaven to speak on behalf of the ~true labour movement~ and yet when your position is put to the test it’s consistently shown not to be what party members want. You’re all so used to treating everyone else as an enemy.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

People throwing their toys out of the pram need to step back and breathe. Keir just got more votes than Corbyn did in 2015. I would wait for him to betray those voters before we start calling him Blair 2.0

Honestly, the candidates all fell into a narrow spectrum of soft-Corbynism.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Not So Fast posted:

People throwing their toys out of the pram need to step back and breathe. Keir just got more votes than Corbyn did in 2015. I would wait for him to betray those voters before we start calling him Blair 2.0

Honestly, the candidates all fell into a narrow spectrum of soft-Corbynism.

Just want to point out he got less but it’s a small difference

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Stormgale posted:

Lotta people can make stupid decisions, just look at Biden.

Yeah or look at your post about two pages ago where you said that Keir literally wanted you dead and yet it was based on something you misremembered lmao

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gasmask posted:

No I’m pointing out that you lot talk like you have a mandate of heaven to speak on behalf of the ~true labour movement~ and yet when your position is put to the test it’s consistently shown not to be what party members want. You’re all so used to treating everyone else as an enemy.

I'm a fairly vulnerable person, as are a lot of people in this thread. When people vote for someone who actively makes our lives worse, seeing them as an enemy is a perfectly reasonable position.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gasmask posted:

I don't know why it's so loving hard for idiots like you to understand that how people talk in UKMT might not be how they talk in "the real world", that UKMT is essentially just a venting platform. Well, I do know, it's because you're idiots.

https://twitter.com/HowUpsetting/status/1246395779624951808?s=20

Good times. Party unity.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Gasmask posted:

We're a true leftist movement, not a true labour movement

Anyone loyal to a party because they're loyal to a party doesn't have principles, they have a football team

The labour party no longer represents my views, and actively works against them. They are our enemy. Why the gently caress would we still support them?

Starmer and the rest of them at least realise that you don't win by being nice, you win by shanking those who opposed you. Corbynism's biggest mistake was applying 'kinder, gentler politics' to politicians, when it should have been reserved solely for the vulnerable of society

we took the moral highground and it hosed us

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Keir Kier whatever can expect the same as Corbyn got IMO, it's only fair.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Gasmask posted:

Yeah or look at your post about two pages ago where you said that Keir literally wanted you dead and yet it was based on something you misremembered lmao

I'm sorry i'm wrong on an internet forum you smug piece of poo poo, now go gloat elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/EdRooksby/status/1246394114784010242?s=20

Dat Shadow Cabinet of None of the Talents going to come together nicely