Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Woof, they definitely relaxed a bit on this episode in the animation department. CG Endeavor looked pretty rough in a few places because they for some reason decided to focus on areas where his fire texture doesn't look good.

They better not gently caress up the final episode but I got a feeling we've seen the load blown on good key animators. I really kinda wish we could get a season where Bones' best key animators weren't doing a movie.

I imagine they are saving up the Budget for next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Endeavor going for an All Might look is cool, and him trying to be nice to that fan is also good but backfired hilariously

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Endeavor sold out. He went mainstream, man! He CHANGED, man! :argh:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Izuku Midoriya, friend to all children

Augus fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 29, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So the old top 10 was.

1. All Might
2. Endeavor
3. Hawks
4. Best Jeanist
5. Edgeshot
6. Crust
7. Yoroi Musha
8. Wash
9. Ryukyu
10. Gang Orca.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm down for these new developments. endeavor getting an arc sounds cool

hyped to see him show off that while he kinda sucks in most ways, he's the number 1 hero now because when it comes to roasting an villain alive, he's really good at it

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

So the old top 10 was.

1. All Might
2. Endeavor
3. Hawks
4. Best Jeanist
5. Edgeshot
6. Crust
7. Yoroi Musha
8. Wash
9. Ryukyu
10. Gang Orca.

So, Mirko's gone from not on the list to fifth place in one go, leaping over everybody except the top five in one jump?

Man. That rabbit has vicious streak a mile wild.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

So, Mirko's gone from not on the list to fifth place in one go, leaping over everybody except the top five in one jump?

Man. That rabbit has vicious streak a mile wild.

"i'm here to kick bad guys in the head and eat carrots, AND I CAN DO BOTH THOSE THINGS AT THE SAME TIME"

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The people demand an Endeavour hotsprings episode, apparently.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

they actually specifically demand the exact opposite of that

endeavor's whole appeal revolves around "i will never lower myself to participating in a hot springs episode" which is actually kinda rad, if hilarious given how unintentional it apparently is

i wonder how his new producer plans on preserving that appeal while making endeavor more approachable

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That kid is so upset that Endeavor sold out that he's crying blood.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The movies are exclusively for fan service

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Carlosologist posted:

The movies are exclusively for fan service

Then why no Mirko in Heroes Rising

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This reminds me that I finally saw Two Heroes.

Outside of the opening scene and the final fight I thought it was pretty bad!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blockhouse posted:

This reminds me that I finally saw Two Heroes.

Outside of the opening scene and the final fight I thought it was pretty bad!

It did absolutely nothing for me until the reveal that David Shield was helping the villains because he thought All Might was losing his powers

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, there's a decent emotional hook in there, and the final fight owns bones, but the middle of slowly climbing stairs is so forgettable.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
oops

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Waffleman_ posted:

Then why no Mirko in Heroes Rising

Mirko doesn't sell out for fan service. Fan service just happens to occur in her vicinity due to how drat badass she is all the time. Very royal

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Third MHA movie better be Wash vs Stain.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
If there's no Wash you might end up with Crust.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Two hours of Mirko murking mooks

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vinylshadow posted:

Two hours of Mirko murking mooks
While Mirio mopes?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

While Mirio mopes?

Mirko murking mooks makes morose Mirio's mope mellow?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

When has Mirio ever moped? Mirio makes merry.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The only time Mirio was visibly annoyed was when they ruined his peach joke

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't say I blame him.

It was a very lovely peach.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Has there been any word on the dub coming back? I know they went on hiatus for the virus but I also thought they said va's were working from home?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Glad they made my boy Hawks as flashy as ever. He's the best hero because he has the most idealistic goal: to make a society where heroes can complain about being bored because everything is peaceful.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Eej posted:

Glad they made my boy Hawks as flashy as ever. He's the best hero because he has the most idealistic goal: to make a society where heroes can complain about being bored because everything is peaceful.

He also has funnels from Gundam as his power, which means his soul is unbound by gravity.

Always handy.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

You're welcome

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Cool fight.

Shame we're capping off the season with a lame redemption arc for a serial abuser which involves no actual act of redemption. What is this, Steven Universe?"

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 4, 2020

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
endeavor is the only worthwhile character in the entire todoroki family and this arc was good actually

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
oh holy gently caress

*5 minutes later*

OH HOLY gently caress

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

there's some really cool complex relationships that endeavor is at the center of that i'd like to see explored in detail

i guess he can just win a really hard fight instead though. the fight seems like it's meant to be the endcap to an arc where he blows away who the past endeavor was, but they didn't really show much any reason to believe that he had changed much at all to deserve that. it'd be a neat start to an arc where he starts making real changes towards the people he's wronged, but there's leagues more to unpack with endeavor than the schoolyard bully antics that bakugo still has difficulty getting past wrt audience perception, and there's no way endeavor's going to get the same amount of development time as bakugo.

at the end of last episode i was pretty into "let's explore endeavor's personality and give him an arc and also show off him being really cool in a fight" but skipping right to "you're who i was" with the family he hurt looking on is a bit fast. dunno what season 5'll bring but whether or not this little slice of endeavor focus is setting up for a deeper exploration or if it's meant to be a self contained "endeavor is cool now" is going to heavily color my perception of how good an idea these last 2 episodes have been.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This isn't the end of Endeavor's arc.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
yeah as the title implies, it's the start

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this is just the beginning of an actually well-handled arc

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I very much understand people being afraid because... you've watched/read shonen manga before, and they all tend to do the same thing Oh, your father/mother/abusive figure, just wanted the best for you, and it was your childish rebellion that didn't understand them. And that's happened enough to very reasonably make people skeptic. But... also like... Endeavor isn't like those characters. Endeavor has admitted that he was a bad dad, and that the abuse he put on Shoto and Rei and everyone? Was abuse.

Also, while Shoto hates his dad... he doesn't wanna see him die. It doesn't mean he forgives him.

This episode's less ALL IS FORGIVEN! and more Endeavor literally fighting the representation of his horrid self.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Other peeps have already said it, but yeah--just wait and see! It's got some digging left to do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They haven’t announced a start date for season 5 yet have they?