Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Out of curiosity, is that a Louisiana accent or what am I hearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Out of curiosity, is that a Louisiana accent or what am I hearing?

Yeah, Louisiana / creole. He's from LA

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

What is it with Kennedy's and dying? Shocked a Cessna ain't involved this time.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

Yeah, Louisiana / creole. He's from LA

Deep Cajun Louisiana, like Alexandria or Colfax.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I met that dude when I was working Katrina, he is legit as gently caress.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

nullscan posted:

https://youtu.be/tPx1yqvJgf4

The gently caress is this poo poo?

It's even worse. I tried a few of these jury-rigged setups. Most of them put pressure on your nose, forcing you to breath through your mouth. These things might actually make you more contagious.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

why are they making this so complicated, just put a t-shirt over your head, line up the hole so you can see out and tie the sleeves together

also, definitely loving "GOT NALOXONE?" in a us gov publication when special licensing and per-doctor patient caps make that nearly impossible

e: nevermind, confused with suboxone

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 4, 2020

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008

BurningChrome posted:

Last time, they threw a Holiday in Cambodia.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BurningChrome posted:

Took a canoe into 3' seas at sunset with an 8 year old

If it was any other family we'd eventually get confirmation it was a murder-suicide.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Ceiling fan posted:

It's even worse. I tried a few of these jury-rigged setups. Most of them put pressure on your nose, forcing you to breath through your mouth. These things might actually make you more contagious.

If you have access to a sewing machine and want a halfway decent mask, try this one. I had zero experience sewing, but I was able to figure it out and put this together in an afternoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVk12sFRkY

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Midjack posted:

Oceanic impulse getting out of hand with that family.

*scratches out wanderlust and pens in "death wish"*

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

shame on an IGA posted:

If it was any other family we'd eventually get confirmation it was a murder-suicide.

Seriously, what in the gently caress? Aren't (functional) paternal instincts supposed to prevent this kind of decision making?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

maffew buildings posted:

Seriously, what in the gently caress? Aren't (functional) paternal instincts supposed to prevent this kind of decision making?

:corsair: Decades of nanny laws have reduced the real risk to the point that those instincts no longer seem relevant and are ignored because nothing bad usually happens. :corsair:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

JohnnyHardcore posted:

There’s always a Moon over Marin :unsmith:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

maffew buildings posted:

Canoes are terrible too. Modern Sit on top kayaks so much safer.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
3' swells are no joke especially if you don't have any experience with them

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I was about to say something along these lines. 3' waves are pretty rare on the gulf except in terrible weather (so I guess not that rare lmao). In any case I wouldn't take out a canoe in them. A kayak, maybe.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

we get it, you're edge as fukk

This post is not an endorsement of rich people in any way shape or form.

No its just that we're in yet another recession caused by the rich and an epidemic made worse by the rich so my empathy does not extend to any member of a rich political dynasty.

Not even that, because they were dumb as hell people are having to look for them and local agencies are wasting money and man hours that could be spent toward the corona virus

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

a kennedy would never be caught dead in a kayak, which is funny since they're gonna be caught dead in a canoe

edit:

The Bolsheviks did nothing wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 4, 2020

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wow y'all are all getting your shots in on a dead woman and her kid. Classic. A kid probably wanted to go canoeing and someone didn't realize the risks for the time and conditions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sunherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241753966.html

In other news it looks like New Orleans is going to be hit particularly hard by this pandemic, continuing a historical trend of completely failing to keep it's populace safe from infectious disease. It's probably worth noting that Louisiana and In particular, New Orleans, already have large populations who aren't in good health in the best of times. I don't have high hopes.for this increasing trend to abate anytime soon.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The article linked said they went out to possibly retrieve a ball. It was turbo stupid and the kid is dead for the worst reason

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

JohnnyHardcore posted:

:golfclap:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

To chase a ball according to that article. Us normal folk just get pasted running into the street for that, we don't have property on Chesapeake Bay.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

maffew buildings posted:

The article linked said they went out to possibly retrieve a ball. It was turbo stupid and the kid is dead for the worst reason

Yeah and millions of people are infected and dying because people are too stupid to stop shaking hands and won't stop going to bars until the governor makes it illegal. If we are grading on a curve they're pretty average and these jokes still aren't funny in the least

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

PookBear posted:

a kennedy would never be caught dead in a kayak, which is funny since they're gonna be caught dead in a canoe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

6 hours for gloating over a dead child isn't nearly enough.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I realize y'all get a smug sense of satisfaction because a woman is dead and you are still alive but maybe if you can't figure out a funny angle to the story leave it alone.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This is an important thread and cites all of the claims it makes at the end. Good for a reference if nothing else.

https://twitter.com/RomancingNope/status/1246234872663945217

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm banning the next person who makes a post I find insufferable because Jesus Christ I'm sick of it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

Yeah I was writing out a joke then opened the article and saw it was a kid. That sucks. Even if that kid had a 99% chance of turning into an awful adult.

Also I'm not superstitious much but I am halfway to believing old Joe Kennedy did indeed make a deal with the devil. I mean he certainly did figuratively so why not literally too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

There is a post on the live forums about John flying the plane when he did as basically being a suicide note (I think, I can't find it) and I kinda want to read it again and remember the context. Anyone know what I'm talking about

bengy81
May 8, 2010

That Works posted:

This is an important thread and cites all of the claims it makes at the end. Good for a reference if nothing else.

https://twitter.com/RomancingNope/status/1246234872663945217

I took my dog for a walk this morning and saw a handful of brand new TRUMP 2020 flags hanging from porches.

I wish people could understand how hosed up things are.
Our governor was talking about how the FEMA confiscated a bunch of ventilators, but the MAGA brigade doesn't care because he's a gay Democrat. It's super frustrating.

How do we even stop this?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

bengy81 posted:

I took my dog for a walk this morning and saw a handful of brand new TRUMP 2020 flags hanging from porches.

I wish people could understand how hosed up things are.
Our governor was talking about how the FEMA confiscated a bunch of ventilators, but the MAGA brigade doesn't care because he's a gay Democrat. It's super frustrating.

I think childhood education is pretty essential. Level of scholastic achievement is a pretty major dividing line between the two parties that tracks well across most other demographics, last I checked.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Milo and POTUS posted:

There is a post on the live forums about John flying the plane when he did as basically being a suicide note (I think, I can't find it) and I kinda want to read it again and remember the context. Anyone know what I'm talking about

No but my curiously has been piqued and I'm interested in this as well.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bengy81 posted:

We don't, the Republican party will survive as long as rich assholes need to play stupid poor assholes against everyone else.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I think childhood education is pretty essential. Level of scholastic achievement is a pretty major dividing line between the two parties that tracks well across most other demographics, last I checked.

I'd go with it's an empathy thing. If you look at say a homeless person and think wow that sucks you're probably gonna lean left. If you think they've got it too good, welcome to the republican party. Was it Kagan or Sotomayor who conservatives got a huge (and telling) kick out of for "being empathetic" when it came time for their confirmation?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
No war but class war

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Peep the date

https://twitter.com/stevesilberman/status/860595784424620034

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:coal:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

You mean childhood indoctrination.

No I'm not serious, but they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1246481679910404096?s=19