Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

24 new posts, I thought some Mania spoilers had leaked but no, it's just a bunch of you creaming over Finn Balor

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dell_Zincht posted:

24 new posts, I thought some Mania spoilers had leaked but no, it's just a bunch of you creaming over Finn Balor

Here's a spoiler for ya...

MANIAS GONNA SUCK THIS YEAR!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
e wrong thread

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

I can't imagine Devitt staying past his current contract if theres money elsewhere. You know that even if he says he's done his art, this isnt how he wanted to end his prime. Even if he doesn't want to go back to Japan full time he could easily do appearances and get paid well to not do the brutal road schedule WWE expects just to job because Vince thinks he's short.
He probably clears 7 figures on his contract and merch so he may be an expensive get.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OFFICER LIGER posted:

He probably clears 7 figures on his contract and merch so he may be an expensive get.

he also doesn't do the wwe road schedule because he's in nxt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

IcePhoenix posted:

he also doesn't do the wwe road schedule because he's in nxt

NXT do house shows. More than half his matches this year have been house shows.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lamuella posted:

NXT do house shows. More than half his matches this year have been house shows.

Yeah, but that's maybe one circuit a month or so. It isn't constantly being on the road like the main roster.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I can see him taking a minor dip in pay to work four days a month, with a fifth day every few months or so, and then working elsewhere as he desires. Especially as he watches Jericho, Hardy, Moxley, and Brodie all enjoying themselves.

It’s sorta like how Bryan is like “maybe I’ll stop being an active wrestler” but we all know the moment he leaves WWE he’s gonna be ringing Rocky Romero hourly to get him in touch with someone to put him in a G1 tournament. Because you know that’s a bucket list thing for the dude.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If he's making enough money now and being smart with it then he could probably go work for free for a decade and never feel hurt by it. Of course it comes down to who he is, what kind of lifestyle he wants to live, and what he values. If he wants to have some fun and be important again, leaving WWE is a no brainer. He'd have the options to become the biggest star in the wrestling world. But if he just wants to live comfortably and collect wealth then he's where he should be.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So there were no spoilers for Mania even with it being taped? drat... good job WWE for a change

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't expect we're getting any spoilers anywhere in the empty arena era :[

bartok
May 10, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

If he's making enough money now and being smart with it then he could probably go work for free for a decade and never feel hurt by it. Of course it comes down to who he is, what kind of lifestyle he wants to live, and what he values. If he wants to have some fun and be important again, leaving WWE is a no brainer. He'd have the options to become the biggest star in the wrestling world. But if he just wants to live comfortably and collect wealth then he's where he should be.

Lego sets ain't cheap.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Astro7x posted:

So there were no spoilers for Mania even with it being taped? drat... good job WWE for a change

I thought I saw somewhere that wwe was going to make it a firable offense if one leaked these results.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

I thought I saw somewhere that wwe was going to make it a firable offense if one leaked these results.
Then why hasn't it leaked yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

probably 'fireable offense plus we sue you'

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

The Cameo posted:

Never mind his potential AEW matchups. Imagine Devitt/Darby. Devitt/Guevara. Devitt/Omega for the first time since like BOSJ 20 or whenever their last match was. He’s got so many more money matches outside of his current spot than he ever would inside, and while he said he did his art, now he’s doing his money, it’s gotta be real enticing to be able to do both.

the coward prince devitt trying to assassinate the monster, orange cassidy

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Devitt shedding clothes with every move, Cassidy somehow... putting Devitt’s clothes on without removing his hands from his pockets

Dave has no choice but to give it ******** due to it breaking the laws of reality

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

probably 'fireable offense plus we sue you'

Also the people who might use it as an out of the company wouldn’t even be there, since they weren’t booked.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did they even allow bets on Wrestlemania this year with it being pre-taped? You would think someone would drop big money on something they knew was going to happen and change the odds before the show started

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Did they even allow bets on Wrestlemania this year with it being pre-taped? You would think someone would drop big money on something they knew was going to happen and change the odds before the show started

They did on everything except Goldberg/Reigns when it was obvious to everyone that match wasn't happening

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Here's a spoiler for ya...

MANIAS GONNA SUCK THIS YEAR!

:vince:

Are you a wizard?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=136308&p=2

PWInsider.com has been told that during tonight's Raw broadcast, which was taped earlier today, there will be a segment where Becky Lynch vacates the Raw Women's Championship to Asuka, who won the Money in the Bank Briefcase on last night's PPV. We have confirmed that with three difference sources.

PWInsider.com has also been told, off the record, why Lynch will be making the announcement but was asked to respect her privacy until she makes it public during Raw. We will respect those wishes and we hope everyone else will as well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!
That does sound like straight up preggers. I'd assume retirement would be too juicy not to leak.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I guess now we know why they suddenly started having Shayna in the mix with Auska whereas they were being kept apart before.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

fatherofmustard posted:

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=136308&p=2

PWInsider.com has been told that during tonight's Raw broadcast, which was taped earlier today, there will be a segment where Becky Lynch vacates the Raw Women's Championship to Asuka, who won the Money in the Bank Briefcase on last night's PPV. We have confirmed that with three difference sources.

PWInsider.com has also been told, off the record, why Lynch will be making the announcement but was asked to respect her privacy until she makes it public during Raw. We will respect those wishes and we hope everyone else will as well.

Hang on she's going to vacate the title? But Asuka has the MITB, why doesn't she just cash in on Becky?

I'm confused

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If this ends up being a fake retirement where she steals the case or something that'll be very funny

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

Hang on she's going to vacate the title? But Asuka has the MITB, why doesn't she just cash in on Becky?

I'm confused

Because they don't want to have Becky lose to her.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Because they don't want to have Becky lose to her.

BECKY STRONG

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'm confused

They probably don't want to have a pregnant woman take bumps.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Asuka refuses to accept the vacated title, cashes in and forces a pregnant woman to tap to Earn the belt...now that's how you get heat

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Becky's last match was Mania, taped in March

399 day title reign ends with an emotional announcement in front of nobody

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'm confused

They don't want Becky losing to her, and a pregnant woman shouldn't be taking a wrestling move, even/especially the deadliest one in WWE women's wrestling history, the rollup

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

fatherofmustard posted:

They probably don't want to have a pregnant woman take bumps.

Fair point, would have been better if Becky vacated it and there was a 1-1 women's match between oh I don't know, Shayna and Naomi for the belt and Asuka cashed in on whoever won that match instead

I hope PWInsider have just worded that article badly because Becky just giving Asuka the belt makes literally no sense

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, you can probably do a MitB cash in safely with a pregnant wrestler, but it also should be the wrestler's decision whether that's something she's willing to do, especially right now. If she does vacate the belt because she didn't want to take the risk that shouldn't be something anyone criticizes.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, you can probably do a MitB cash in safely with a pregnant wrestler, but it also should be the wrestler's decision whether that's something she's willing to do, especially right now. If she does vacate the belt because she didn't want to take the risk that shouldn't be something anyone criticizes.

“Pregnant woman wrestles amidst global pandemic” is exactly the type of headline to cement 2020’s legacy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!
I dunno about you guys, but after all the bs she's had in her RAW run, i'm totally down for Asuka Belt N' Briefcase.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Saraya Knight literally did full matches with Paige in the womb

Y'all are vastly underestimating the craziness of pro wrestlers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just have Becky lay down and have Asuka sit on her.

Oh, and, I guess you could also have Asuka do a roll-up or something to get the belt.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Considering what happened with Awesome Kong I really think they should even avoid what people think are safe bumps with pregnant women.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vacating it to Asuka in return for the briefcase makes sense. It's a cash-in without any moves and is the safest way to do it. I mean, sure they could set up a 1 on 1 or tourney or something, but then chances are Asuka would cash in on the winner so this skips all that and gets right to the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

A fun bit would be Asuka demanding to keep the briefcase then cashing it in if she ever loses a match to immediately regain the title