Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I didn't know that DiCaprio flick was based on a comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

I feel like those are less comics panels and more examples of fetishes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go beat the ostrich skeleton.

BRB, gotta toss the ol' scorpion.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I have to, uh, get pounced on by three women in fetish cat outfits. Some of these are less subtle.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Looking to meet a lady that's willing to fling me about by the ankle.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I feel like those are less comics panels and more examples of fetishes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go beat the ostrich skeleton.

Oh, these are from a Totally Spies! comic?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure making out with a bear is fairly commonplace.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure making out with a bear is fairly commonplace.

Well, not that kind of bear.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
:whatup:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Well, not that kind of bear.

Ehhhhh

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Blue Beetle #2 (1940)

The Green Mask #9 (1942)

Superboy #26 (1953)

Beyond the Grave #1 (1975)

Spidey Super Stories #16 (1976)

Marvel Premiere #59 (1981)

Garfield #6 (2012)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In my experience bears are only interested in kayaks.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

chitoryu12 posted:

It's like, stupid ambitious though. It tries to do something wild or wacky with literally everything and it just ends up being a bizarre mess. It's like how Stephen King did coke binges so bad that he doesn't remember writing some books, but instead of Stephen King it's a dumbass.

I realize I'm a bit late saying this, but I seriously cannot think of a better description of Frank Miller's modern and modern-ish work than this.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Phy posted:

One of the greatest wrestling matches of all time was when the necromantic lich fought a lunatic who lived in a boiler room, and nearly killed him by throwing him thirteen-odd feet through a chain link fence panel

E: also wrestling in the WWF around when the necromantic lich was introduced:

A cop
A very very rich guy
A tax collector
A meat snack mascot with a loving wild hat and sunglasses

Plus one of America's most decorated soldiers in the war on terror, who randomly turned traitor and started worshiping Saddam Hussein.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Plus one of America's most decorated soldiers in the war on terror, who randomly turned traitor and started worshiping Saddam Hussein.

plus a dude who owned a bird, that was it, that was his whole thing
and a dude who was perfect at everything (except occasionally wrestling matches)
and a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
and a dude who owned a snake, that was it, that was his whole thing

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I thought this was the coolest guy, but imitating this guy in particular nearly got me expelled from the 3rd grade, and my parents forbade me watching wrestling ever again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

I thought this was the coolest guy, but imitating this guy in particular nearly got me expelled from the 3rd grade, and my parents forbade me watching wrestling ever again.

Did you bring a snake to school or?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Nah, I did his dance and that was too lewd for the school and the teachers flipped their poo poo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

plus a dude who owned a bird, that was it, that was his whole thing
please don't call out sam wilson like this.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Ghostlight posted:

please don't call out sam wilson like this.

Koko B. Ware makes Sam Wilson look like a character from Shakespeare. Koko would have killed for that "'Snap' Wilson" retcon to give him a good excuse for a heel turn.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

and a dude who was perfect at everything (except occasionally wrestling matches)

Especially being a friend.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
80s wrestling was hard times baby. Every wrestler had to have a second job to make ends meet. Except the Million Dollar Man who always had a million dollars.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Push El Burrito posted:

80s wrestling was hard times baby. Every wrestler had to have a second job to make ends meet. Except the Million Dollar Man who always had a million dollars.

But he had the Million Dollar Belt. So logically if you took that off him, he would have had no money left.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

There was also a guy who had a 2x4, and that was basically his whole thing.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'm never gonna watch wrestling, but reading about it is pretty fun. Not sure this is the place for it though.

What I'm saying is, post some wrestling comics.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Phy posted:

One of the greatest wrestling matches of all time was when the necromantic lich fought a lunatic who lived in a boiler room, and nearly killed him by throwing him thirteen-odd feet through a chain link fence panel

E: also wrestling in the WWF around when the necromantic lich was introduced:

A cop
A very very rich guy
A tax collector
A meat snack mascot with a loving wild hat and sunglasses

:eng101: He wasn't a cop, he was a correctional officer.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Woebin posted:

I'm never gonna watch wrestling, but reading about it is pretty fun. Not sure this is the place for it though.

Gavok did some great reviews of a lot of the 90’s wrestling comics.

He could probably do a whole article about wrestlers in comic book inspired gear, or body paint.

Johnny Gargano has done quite a few. His Wolverine and Punisher ones are probably the stand outs. Rey Mysterio is the king of this though. Too many to name, but I really liked his Phantom and Daredevil. NXT has.had at least three wrestlers with different Captain Marvel inspired gear.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 4, 2020

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Woebin posted:

I've let derails slide lately because we're all super stressed and being able to goof around and have fun is good, but:

a) we've gone a hot minute now without any funny panels
b) there is a wrestling subforum
c) I think a "wrestling comics"/"comics and wrestling" thread would be neat and although I don't know anything at all really about wrestling I'd be interested in reading it so maybe I could gently nudge one of you to go write up an OP for that

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Mondai Desu Ga chapter 14. A teacher has angrily stormed out of the classroom and the class rep went to check on him

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My Son Is Probably Gay, in which a mother accidentally checks her son's browsing history.

(The manga is actually super heartwarming because even though the son has not come out yet the mother is fully on board with his gayness and is secretly cheering on him the whole time.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wolverine #2: (you really don't need to have the context that Wolverine is teaming up with this FBI agent to stop some drug runners for this joke but since people will definitely end up asking there you go)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Mitsuboshi Colors is about three girls who work together to protect their town from threats such as: the local cop

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

dordreff posted:

Mitsuboshi Colors is about three girls who work together to protect their town from threats such as: the local cop

The kids are all right.

More from CITY vol. 2:

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 4, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mood.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm just going to say, reading panels backwards is loving hard as hell, and while I don't want to say don't post manga (that Mitsuboshi Colors sequence was great), don't post 5 double pages of it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you're supposed to read them forwards.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

CITY does rely a lot on pretty long sequences with internal repetition so maybe it's not a super good fit for this kind of thread, I'll back off from it unless I find some shorter bits that really grab me.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I'm just going to say, reading panels backwards is loving hard as hell, and while I don't want to say don't post manga (that Mitsuboshi Colors sequence was great), don't post 5 double pages of it.
Calling it "backwards" is kinda weird IMO, just because you're used to reading least to right doesn't mean right to left is backwards.

However, sometimes manga translations mirror the pages so they read left to right and sometimes they don't, so it might be good to mention reading direction when posting manga. But that's just, like, my opinion.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I don't really have an opinion on this but I did try to read the Wolverine panels right to left after reading the manga above, which made me feel dizzy for a moment.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Woebin posted:

Calling it "backwards" is kinda weird IMO, just because you're used to reading least to right doesn't mean right to left is backwards.

However, sometimes manga translations mirror the pages so they read left to right and sometimes they don't, so it might be good to mention reading direction when posting manga. But that's just, like, my opinion.

It's backwards because the words go right to left left to right but the panels go left to right right to left.

I'm not going to pretend it'd be better if manga translations looked like Zatanna casting a spell, but it's still not easy.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Apr 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skwirl posted:

It's backwards because the words go right to left but the panels go left to right.

Wait. What?