Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Do it ironically posted:

You gotta pay someone to do that though

Yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

It seems like their podcast empire a lot is built on doing as much themselves as possible, also, I question whether a good podcast dm would want to dm another podcast which could potentially take away from their own listeners

I mean it’s all speculation I guess

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I know he's been strongly opposed to the idea in the past, but I'd like to see what a Justin-DMed game would look like (outside of Elementary, I mean).

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
The one shots for TAZ are still great. If I was brainstorming a way to make TAZ good again, I'd start building from the bit that's still working. One shots don't just have to be for live shows, and if they just jettisoned the whole idea of doing a big overarching mega story they'd be in a better place. Smaller, sillier stuff in improv heavy microsystems has been really effective. Without the live show environment you don't have to be quite so tied to doing it all within exactly 90 mins and can go to a two or three parter if a concept is on fire.

There's no shortage of systems for this kind of thing. Fiasco alone could get them through dozens of episodes running through different scenario books.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

absolutely fantastic munch squad, a true return to form

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Please take a moment of silence and recognize Sonic's sacrifice

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

"But Voltron's the doula."

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

eke out posted:

absolutely fantastic munch squad, a true return to form

As a frequent munch squad detractor I wholeheartedly agree.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Glad to hear it. Munch Squad is a fun idea, it just seemed like Juice was doing it for every little piece of fast food news. Something to look forward to at work tomorrow, then. I also tried out Dungeons and Daddies, and man you guys are right in that the first episode is really great. Everyone's really funny, especially the woman (I think she said her name was Beth?). I was glad my job requires me to wear a mask. Otherwise, I'd look like an idiot with how much I was laughing/grinning.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think munch squad is good essentially every time.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i dont hate munch squad or anything but the segment should probably be retired after this one

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Fellatio del Toro posted:

i dont hate munch squad or anything but the segment should probably be retired after this one
I actually think the segment is going to be a lot better going forward.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, and if they're going to go backwards....could we see a munch squad from the 60s or earlier? Is munch squad gonna be a period piece?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I think there's a parallel here to the way that live show questions got better when they started actively curating them.

Munch squad when it's a handpicked article that still sounds wild decades later = very funny.

Munch squad when it's the top Google result for "fast food press release" = less funny.

Like, in 30 years no one is going to care about the announcement that Dunkin Donuts is now just Dunkin. But they will still find that big pizza story funny.

Speaking of Dunkin, I thought it felt like Justin was taking Travis's spot as the brother who gets dunked on for non-jokes and it was fun to see.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

wizzardstaff posted:

I think there's a parallel here to the way that live show questions got better when they started actively curating them.

Munch squad when it's a handpicked article that still sounds wild decades later = very funny.

Munch squad when it's the top Google result for "fast food press release" = less funny.

Like, in 30 years no one is going to care about the announcement that Dunkin Donuts is now just Dunkin. But they will still find that big pizza story funny.

Speaking of Dunkin, I thought it felt like Justin was taking Travis's spot as the brother who gets dunked on for non-jokes and it was fun to see.
Yeah exactly. This is like Munch Squad - best of the best. Nobody has to worry about if KFC is partnering with Crocs to make shoes that smell like chicken this week. It's a curated experienced.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

To be fair I would totally like to hear the segment of KFC smelling crocs. That seems like a comedy goldmine.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

wizzardstaff posted:

Yeah, super good points in there.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvVGY5OLYAA

https://i.imgur.com/8GOjtxM.mp4

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

"Well, it's not fun. So let's hope it's art."

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"Code Vein, wake up its time for church!" and "Stop them, Code Vein!" were so goddamn funny to me and I can't explain why.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CODE VEIN, USE THE SECRET CODE

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Doctor Reynolds posted:

"Code Vein, wake up its time for church!" and "Stop them, Code Vein!" were so goddamn funny to me and I can't explain why.

calling characters names like 'Sans Undertale' and 'Byleth FireEmblem' is literally always a good joke and I can't say why either

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

calling characters names like 'Sans Undertale' and 'Byleth FireEmblem' is literally always a good joke and I can't say why either

Cid Finalfantasy in the FFXIV video and the brothers' reaction to it actually going through was gold.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Doctor Reynolds posted:

So this afternoon Right as I wake up and before My medications I am checking On house Walk into the kids Room And see a Person In front Of the kids window..So me I go outside find out its the mailman and tell Him for the last time stay away from the kids windows We have asked you multiple times not to walk between cars an windows because You might get shot .......Being as How we have 2 girls that are children not to mention a little boy ..I believe its in my right to Protect these children from Perverts an Pieces of poo poo in this world. I also live down the street from a place where thefts murders an assaults have happened in the past. He told me because I wouldnt let him walk that way that he would not deliver the mail and would just send it back I tried calling the usps before walking down to make sure to get him On recording refusing to give me my mail he refused to say anything. so I called him a Bitch an a coward for not repeating what he said and I went Home....15 min later My home was swarmed with Police banging on my door Scaring Emegail so I had Kara leave with Emegail because my medications had not kicked in and I was getting overly anxious with the police.Tried calling Grandma only to realize well shes out of town. I asked if they had warrants they said they didnt need one as they continued to bang on my door profusely an hide away from my sight which I called them on multiple times. I told them I have a mental issue they needed to leave I did not want to talk to them and they insisted on causing me emotional and mental strain along with the physical strain of my heart not being able to slow down over an over.I told them you can call my caseworker I have the files verified of my disorder all you have to do is leave my property because you do not have a warrant I walked thru them and left MY OWN HOME because I did not feel Safe

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hey friend. That sounds really stressful. I hope your situation gets better soon.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 9, 2020

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Wasabi the J posted:

Hey friend. That sounds really stressful. I hope your situation gets better soon.

"This is a creepy and tasteless copy/paste to throw into a completely unrelated forum to begin with, but you also posted it in a ton of other subforums. User loses posting privileges for 18 hours."

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Do not ever take a Wizard Master post seriously. I don't even bother reading them tbh.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
He was eventually vindicated about Game of Thrones though

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The McElroys’ commitment to producing and selling merch as a bit rather than trying to actually make money with it is pretty impressive

https://twitter.com/mbmbam/status/1248602051447336961?s=21

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I was just coming to post that. It's Bean Juice all over again but this time it has their face on it and is pretty cost prohibitive.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Their Bean Juice bit was absolutely hilarious. I really regret not picking one up

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Are commemorative plates big in other parts of the country? I’m from California and it’s always been a thing exclusively for blue hairs, and at this point in time practically not a thing at all.

That being said, buying a gaudy, cumbersome plate you can’t microwave and probably shouldn’t even eat off of as a joke sounds about right for MBMBaM fans.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Colonel Whitey posted:

The McElroys’ commitment to producing and selling merch as a bit rather than trying to actually make money with it is pretty impressive

https://twitter.com/mbmbam/status/1248602051447336961?s=21

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1248635086494478337?s=21

Warbird
May 23, 2012

dirksteadfast posted:

Are commemorative plates big in other parts of the country? I’m from California and it’s always been a thing exclusively for blue hairs, and at this point in time practically not a thing at all.

:thejoke:

Though it’s been a while since I’ve seen a plate that wasn’t politics or NASCAR in subject matter.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

They used to run commercials for them a lot but I haven't seen one in ages.

edit: this is live now. I'm not going to watch the movie though

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1248653421122662403?s=20

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I feel like the brothers somehow made this happen because of a wish on a monkey's paw. They made it into the movie but then the movie goes direct to home video because of a global pandemic.

Anyway at least we got this:

https://twitter.com/Trolls2cast/status/1248660345780133890?s=20

Edit:

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1248659133970210818?s=21

:stare:

Zero One fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 10, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1248678926450397187?s=20

Warbird
May 23, 2012

RIP Travis

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tra s McElroy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Ranked accordingly

but Travis should still be further down somehow