Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

WEEK 18 SUB PAR LEAGUE UPDATE: You ain't digging out of your hole fucko.

VOLITION: It ain't over yet, you just need to take another look at your players. See what's not working.

DRAMA: But sire! you have a response to make. Maybe two!

SELF: Didn't the last post tell them?

DRAMA: Why settle for one time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Champs Retain

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
Hey guys, I've started work on a team setup script in AutoHotKeys to try and make the start of seasons a bit less onerous on our commissioners. Right now, it sets up a team's name, city (using the Mogul version if it exists already), stadium and sliders. I'd like to get any issues with these ironed out before I start writing the nasty logic that will be roster setup, so if you have AHK and Mogul, try it out and see if you can break it (you will be able to break it).

Here is a link to the script so far, and here is a link to an example roster post in the format the script expects that you can play around with.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

This is the best idea I've ever seen

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

CONCEPTUALIZATION: Like peering into what makes your players tick.

DRAMA: Now! Say it!

SELF: .... Fine, you worrywart...

Can you say Champs will win?
...Yeah, I had a feeling you can. *cough*

COMPOSURE: No, now it looks like you're being bitter.

DRAMA: And that's not a rhyme!

Things will need to fuckin' tailspin
and the others to play like superman!

DRAMA: Was... was that a delayed rhyme?

CONCEPTUALIZATION: Like a distraction. A finger pointing away from something. Something serious.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Also the champs retain.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXVIII, Week 19: Life Comes At You Fast

: Okay, let's just-

: Smasher! Blitz, you listen too!
: Oh no, here we go.
: Smasher, I've come up with a perfect plan to break into the Sylentia Corp's Printing Room.
: ...you what?
: I've downloaded the newest Underground map and it seems they blocked off most paths that used to lead to Sylentia Corp's back door. But...ehehe...they left one! The only catch is that the only entrance to that path is through Buckheim Club.
: Wait. Wait. Waaaaiiit. You seriously think you can just break into Sylentia Corp HQ? Home of the Pokemon Agents? Probably the most secure institution in the whole of Omura? Yoooooooooo! You must have inhaled something funny. Now I just need to find my badge case and you won't be hearing from me for a long time...
: Hehe...not only are we going to break into it, dear brother...

: You're going to help us.
: Yara. Where are my badges?
: Oh, they're....somewhere.

: Oh my G...I can't b....well actually I CAN believe this.
: Rai, this mission is gonna be so much fun that you don't even know. And you'll get your badges once we're done.
: Oh go stab yourself on a Cacnea.
: Now now, dear brother, there's no need for harsh words. I not only promise to give your badges back, but I promise a lot of fun and maybe even...hihihi..
: FINE. Let's get this over with. If I'm not SWIMMING in my badges by tomorrow morning, I'm gonna cut HEADS.
: That's a good boy. Now, Smasher. Have you ever been in the Buckheim Club? It's quite infamous. There's a party there tonight, so there's our chance to find the Underground Passage leading straight to Sylentia.
: ...maybe, sometimes, death is better.
: But to even get into Buckheim, you're going to need some Cool Attire. They don't let just anyone off the street in, you know?
: ...Of course.
: Yeah, um, you don't have one? That's a slight problem. But nothing we can't deal with! If we're talking fashion, then the number one place in the city you can visit to get the Attire is the KP Tower. On top of that, you're going to need a date. Do you know anyone you might call to come with you tonight? Anyone at all? They have to be pretty though.

: I need to meet more people.

: I mean, she only tried to set me on fire once.
: ...hello? Smasher? This is unusual. Well, make it quick. I'm in the middle of beating some kids and stealing their money.
: Oh, right, you're completely out of your loving mind. Anyway, I need some of that crazy to help me...get a library book? Is that what the gently caress we're still doing? And that means I need you to pretend to be my date for...reasons.
: Oh my. I knew you had hidden motives the second you walked in on me in the circus!! Oh well. I can't say no to a party.
: I've just signed someone's death warrant. Who shall be slain, I cannot say. But much like a sword, once Ashy is drawn, she must shed someone's blood.

: Amazing! We have now half of the requirements ready to start this mission! Smasher, you should go now to the KP Tower to acquire the Cool Attire. Here, you'll probably need this to get around its premises.
-Obtained KP Card!-
: I'll order the Flying Postal Service to get me and Rai our cool clothes back from home, so don't worry about us.
: Sigh. I can't believe I have to entertain you Mankeys tonight. Well, at least I won't be wasting my time until then. I'm off to train.
: Okay! That settles it. Good luck on getting that Cool Attire, Smasher. I'll be waiting for you here.
: I don't suppose this sidequest is really about learning that true coolness comes from within, and so now that I know that, I can skip it, eh?

: I...why I am getting clothes at a television station?
: There's a movie set as well. It can get pretty busy around here. We don't have much time to rest.

: Apparently.
: We had some Cool Attires around here, but I'm not sure where they are at the moment. Could you go ask Valentia? She's probably in one of the Radio rooms.

: I'm losing my patience with these people already.
: What's happening now?

: Wait. I know this. I can do this! Music, please!

: I would often go there.

: To the tiny church there.

: The smallest church in Sain Saiens

: Though it once was larger

: How the rill may rest there

: Down toward the mist there

: Toward the Seven Sisters

: Toward those white cliffs there

: I would often stay there

: In the tiny yard there

: I have been so glad here

: Looking forward to the past here

: But now you are all alone

: None of this matters, now, no, none of this matters, at all!

: - for today. I need a drink.

: Existence is the real torture.
: What? You didn't come here for an audition? They sent you to get a Cool Attire...? For Arceus's sake! You could have said something. Wait here, I'll get it for you. Here you go.
-Obtained Cool Hat! Obtained Cool Shirt!-
: Well, at least things are sort of, kind of, looking up!

: I'm sure this can't go wrong!

: I can kill him?

: Well, I mean, it would be hard for me to make him worse.

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

TATANKATONK PITCHES KILLER MIKES TO SUPER-LEAGUE READERS

Akabira- Faced with seeming indifference despite his team reaching the finals of last year's Super-League and looking like good money to win their division again, tatankatonk has decided to make a direct appeal to the readers of the Super-League.

"Listen, I know that when people think about their favorite Super-League teams, they don't think about the Killer Mikes. According to the statistics I have, most people's reaction to the Killer Mikes is, and I'm quoting the report here, "who are those guys?" And that hurts."

"Now, I get it." tatankatonk continued. "I do. The Killer Mikes have bounced from division to division, we've been demoted, promoted, there's not a lot of continuity, and we're not a team like the Panderers or the Demon Hunters, where they have a clear identity. But I think I've found a solution to this problem that will ensure that people remember who I am."

tatankatonk produced a black box, covered in glowing red runes that seemed to purr with some malign power. "I did not come to this solution lightly. I was driven to this path by the indifference of my fellow owners. I don't necessarily blame them for what they have done, I know that, in the days and months to come, they will look on what I am about to unleash, and ask themselves if there was something they, or someone else, could have done, to prevent what is about to happen. I don't know if this could have been stopped. I don't."

tatankatonk drummed his fingers along the top of the box. "I'll admit, this is an act of desperation. I didn't want it to come to this, I really didn't. I wanted for people to realize the greatness of my team on their own, without resorting to..." tatankatonk looked at the box, "Now, before I open this box." tatankatonk said, drawing things out even longer, "I ask if people will, instead of forcing me to open this box, something that may destroy this very league, just start paying attention to my team. Because then I don't have to happen the box." The reporters murmured amongst themselves, debating whether the possible destruction of the league was really that much worse than having to remember that the Killer Mikes existed.

"Fine!" tatankatonk said, angry that he was forced to use the box. "Then behold the consequences of your indifference!" tatankatonk opened the box, causing a great plume of white smoke to issue forth. After the smoke cleared, a small tabby kitten, dressed in a business suit, poked his head out of the box.

"People of the Super-League." The kitten began to speak, "I am Tybalt, Prince of Cats, and the Advokitten for the Akabira Killer Mikes. A lot of people have failed to appreciate the greatness of the Mikes, and I'm here to make sure that they get the attention they deserve."

A reporter asked what was going on. Tybalt narrowed his eyes, already frustrated, "I don't see why there is any confusion. I am an adorable kitten, tatankatonk has hired me to advocate for his team, raise awareness of the Killer Mikes, that sort of thing."

The follow-up question, naturally, was why tatankatonk had hired a talking kitten to talk up his team, which only irritated Tybalt even more, "Listen, I don't think that's the important thing here. The important thing here is my client, the Akabira Killer Mikes. They made the finals last season, they beat the Panderers to get to the Finals, and the team that beat them in the finals is gone, so, when you get down to it, the Mikes should be really thought of as the favorites to win the Super-League this season."

A reporter, still puzzled, asked why tatankatonk had chosen a kitten as his spokeman. "I think you guys are clearly focusing on the wrong thing." Tybalt said, "I'm only here to talk about the Killer Mikes." It was then pointed that the Killer Mikes' logo did not feature a kitten. "Again, that is not the point." Tybalt argued. "Yes, I am a kitten. Yes, if offered some tuna or salmon, I would accept it, I'm not made of stone, but I am really here to promote the Killer Mikes."

Tybalt realized that the reporters were still not getting the concept. "I think you're all overthinking the situation. I'm an adorable kitten, and I want you to associate me, said adorable kitten, something you like, and would look forward to seeing more of, with the Akabira Killer Mikes, a team that I know that a lot of people don't think about a lot. Let's not make this more complicated than it is. I know the whole box thing probably confused some of you, but it was part of the whole presentation, to really draw you in.

Filed in the Circuit Court of the Super-League posted:

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE SUPER-LEAGUE

ROCHESTER GENERICS, LLC

v.

TITANIC DECK CHAIRS, LLC and PUNGRY

VERIFIED PETITION

NOW COMES the Plaintiff, ROCHESTER GENERICS, LLC, a limited liability company, (hereinafter "Plaintiff") by and through its attorneys, kw0134, Esq., and complains against the Defendants, TITANIC DECK CHAIRS, LLC, a limited liability company, and PUNGRY, an individual (hereinafter collectively "Defendants") In support, Plaintiff states as follows:

Count I - Breach of Contract

1. Plaintiff is a limited liability company operating as a team in the Super-League.

2. On information and belief, Titanic Deck Chairs are a limited liability company operating as a team in the Super-League.

3. On information and belief, Pungry is an individual acting as owner of the Titanic Deck Chairs.

4. Venue is proper because Plaintiff and Titanic Deck Chairs are both teams in the Super-League at the time of the filing of this suit.

5. The Court has personal jurisdiction over Pungry because, on information and belief, he is an owner of a Super-League team, and has therefore submitted himself to the Court's jurisdiction.

6. On or about Super-League XXVII, Pungry, acting as agent for the Titanic Deck Chairs, entered into a tag team agreement with Plaintiff, whereby they would form a combined roster to participate in the Tag Team Tournament. A copy of this contract is attached hereto as Exhibit A

7. At the time of the formation of this contract, both sides represented that they would deal fairly and competently with each other and would exercise due care in the creation and maintenance of their tag team.

8. Plaintiff performed all of its obligations under the terms of the contract.

9. Defendants have failed to performed their duties under the contract by failing to provide sufficient quality players to allow the tag team to win the 18th Tag Team Tournament.

10. Plaintiff has been damaged by Defendants' failure to perform because it is now at risk of demotion, which it would not be, but for Defendants' failure, and has been forced to expend time and resources, such as making additional lineup changes.

11. Due demand has been made on Defendants to make Plaintiff whole, but Defendants have refused, and continue to refuse to do so.

WHEREFORE the Plaintiff, ROCHESTER GENERICS, LLC, a limited liability company, prays for judgment against the Defendants, TITANIC DECK CHAIRS, LLC, a limited liability company, and PUNGRY, an individual, in the sum of all of their upcoming dispersal and super draft picks, and for any other relief as this Court finds just and equitable.

Count II - Tortious Interference (Against Pungry)

12. Plaintiff re-alleges the allegations of Paragraphs 1-11 in their entirety.

13. At the time Pungry was acting as agent of Plaintiff's Tag Team Partner, Pungry had occasion to interact with Smasher Dynamo, Commissar of the Super-League.

14. During these occasions, Pungry intentionally provoked the anger of Smasher Dynamo, therefore incurring Smasher Dynamo's wrath.

15. At all times, Pungry was aware that, as a member of the Super-League, Plaintiff had a valid membership agreement with the Super-League administration, controlled by Smasher Dynamo.

16. At all times, Pungry was aware that any acts of vengeance on behalf of Smasher Dynamo would be technical violations of the membership agreement between the Super-League administration and the member team.

17. At all times, Pungry was aware that, as Pungry's tag team partner, Plaintiff would suffer from any spillover wrath.

18. Despite knowing these things, Pungry intentionally acted to provoke Smasher Dynamo's wrath, causing Smasher Dynamo to visit acts of vengeance on Plaintiff, a technical breach of Plaintiff's Membership Agreement with the Super-League Administration, thereby causing damage to Plaintiff.

WHEREFORE, the Plaintiff, ROCHESTER GENERICS, LLC, a limited liability company, prays for judgment against the Defendant, PUNGRY, an individual, in the sum of all present and future draft picks he may receive, and any other relief as this Court finds just and equitable.

Respectfully Submitted,
ROCHESTER GENERICS, LLC
Plaintiff herein,

kw0134
One of their attorneys

kw0134
Super-League Attorney at Law
1 Genericdome Way, Ste 750
Rochester, NY 14624
Atty. No. 0134

Exhibit A

Pungry posted:

WHEREAS,

We should totes be tag team partners. I totes agree to exercise due care, competence and fairness in making this tag team, and also totes agree to submit myself to the jurisdiction of the Super-League Courts if I breach this contract, and totes also waive any right to bring a class action suit or have a trial by jury.

Totes Cool.

Pungry

kw0134 posted:

Fine.

The Panderers stay gold.

Zounds!

Team Statistics

Standings

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

3rd place! :toot:

Lou Gehrig in at 1B, Hank Greenberg in at DH.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Sub-Par League Week 19 has been simmed

Nobody died again. Disappointing!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

smasher you should stop playing pokemon games and play doom eternal or something.

Replace Bumgarner at SP with Gio Gonzalez
Pie Traynor starts full-time at 3B (3B George Davis rides pine)
Replace Pete Rose at 1B with Cesar Cedeno
Make Al Simmons the full-time LF (Goose Goslin rides pine)
Replace Cupid Childs with King Kelly

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Send down Larry Andersen, Perry Werden, Red Donahue
Call up Jack Powell, Darren Holmes, Cy falkenberg

Darren Holmes to SR
Jack Powell to MR
Cy Falkenberg to LR

Mike Trout at CF against LHP

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Let's modify those deck chairs (sorry Smasher)

Send down Scherzer and Greenberg, bring up Betances and Hornsby

SP Paige
SP Waddell
SP Donahue
SP Maddux
SP Joss

CL Chapman
SU Henke
SR Holland
SR Betances
MR Lyle
LR Chesbro

VS RHP
RF Cobb
CF Lynn
SS AMS
1B Gehrig
DH Hornsby
LF Yaz
3B Brett
C Bench
2B Cano

VS LHP
RF Cobb
2B Hornsby
LF Yaz
1B Foxx
DH Gehrig
3B Arod
CF Lynn
SS AMS
C Piazza

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Expansion cup changes

Demote Dan Wilson, promote Dick Dietz
Demote Kaz Sasaki, promote Mike McCormick
Make Dietz the personal catcher of Perry

Bullpen
LR: Mike McCormick
MR: Mike Jackson
SR: Mike Timlin
SR: Andrew Miller
SU: Arthur Rhodes
CL: Goose Gossage

Lineups v LP
2B - Robinson
CF - Mays
SS - ARod
3B - Schmidt
RF - Griffey
C - Mauer
1B - Kiner
LF - Jackson
DH - Martinez

Lineups v RP
2B - Robinson
CF - Mays
SS - ARod
3B - Schmidt
RF - Griffey
C - Mauer
1B Votto
DH - McCovey
LF - Jackson

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

I don't remember having Eddie Collins hit 9th in my lineups - if I did do that, I would like that changed.

Lineups:
1-6. same [including personal C order]
7. Eddie Collins (2B)
8. Buddy Myer (vs. RHP)/Edgar Martinez (vs. LHP) (3B)
9. Joe Cronin (SS)

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
The Sprite Knights draft Tom Bombadil as only magic can save them and since I'm in the subpar it's work for Yaya and not Smasher.

Breegulls are up.

CVE fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 4, 2020

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Expansion Cup First Month Update!

I'm sorry, Theo, I done you wrong.

A decent start, but the division looks tough.

SoDak is back!

Eric Gagne is not much of a starter, apparently.

Corgi's are still in it.

Omar Visquel was born to be a disappointment.

Jesus, Eddie Collins.

Not a great start for your House.

Joe Mauer hitting .359!

That'll Do, Goats.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 4, 2020

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-League XXVIII, Week 20 Injury Report

Arlen Propane Sellers
Yogi Berra (c) (Do you remember a guy that's been in such an early song?) - Out for Season

Orion X-Men
Hank Aaron (OF) (I've heard a rumor from Ground Control, oh no, don't say it's true!) - 27 days

SanSan Outlaws
Trevor Hoffman (RP) (They got a message from the Action Man: I'm happy, hope you're happy too.) - 17 days

The Hague Honkbalers
Joe Wood (SP) (I've loved all I've needed, love, sordid details following) - 29 days

Titanic Deck Chairs
Nap Lajoie (2B) (The shrieking of nothing is killing, just girls in synthesis, and I ain't got no money and I ain't got hair.) - 30 days

World Warriors
Ken Williams (LF) (But I'm hoping to kick but the planet, it's glowing. Ashes to ashes. Funk to funky. We know Major Tom's a junkie, strung out in heaven's high, hitting an all-time low.) - 37 days

Pick 'em: PICK!

Omni-Titles
Portland Panderers (c) @ Walney Rakers

Grand Slam Championships
Rochester Generics @ Los Angeles Misanthropes (c)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Good injuries

Also champs retain

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Champs lose

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Retaining is boring and yet here we are

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Champs retain

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Champs Retain

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Champs retain

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pick'Em: Champs retain.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Champs retain as usual!

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Omni-Titles

Grand Slam Championships

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TheMcD posted:

Pick'Em: Champs retain.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Champs Retain

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Champs retain.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Champs retain.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

CFBalla posted:

Champs retain.

JR Leap
Oct 4, 2013

I have

no idea
what I'm doing
Yay my team's doing good!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Champs retain

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Champs retain

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Omni-Titles

Grand Slam Championships

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

oh god that bullpen

CL - Gossage
SU - Miller
SR - Jackson
SR - Rhodes
MR - Timlin
LR - McCormick

Lineups v LP

CF - Mays
C - Mauer
1B - Kiner
3B - Schmidt
SS - Rodriguez
RF - Griffey
DH - Martinez
LF - Doby
2B - Robinson

Lineups v RP

CF - Mays
C - Mauer
1B - Votto
3B - Schmidt
SS - Rodriguez
RF - Griffey
DH - McCovey
LF - Jackson
2B - Robinson

Dietz is still Perry's catcher

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

DRAMA: Brad Hand! The name! Pick him!

LOGIC: We have no record of him playing a single game. Which is unusual in itself.

SELF: gently caress it. 2018 Brad Hand's in. What harm could he do?

CONCEPTUALIZATION: Ooh, don't say that. It's like you want your team to die off.

SELF: What?

SPIRAL MOUNTAIN BREEGULLS II ROSTER: How are we gonna rise to the top? Don't you care how we do?

SELF: It's been a bad season it looks like. Let's slide every strategy back by 3

LOGIC: Shouldn't you look at what the sliders are before you make such declarations?

SAVOIR-FAIRE: Don't listen to these worrywarts. You can't predict baseball!

SELF: Wait... Are you the Coach?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Ice To Meet You posted:

Omni-Titles

Grand Slam Championships
I don't think think but I want to believe this, so this is my pick too.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Choo choo! Marmoset/Keystone Pipeline here to dominate all of your small groups of indigenous baseball teams!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Calvin Schiraldi has been everything I ever dreamed!