Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chris Pistols posted:

Yeah, just the biggest fish shape. Nothing special about it (like a fin). Not too sure what the other large river fish are, I think it sticks out. I could be very wrong on this.

In my experience the large ones don't stick out from those loving black bass, the most metal of all fish. You can barely tell the difference at certain angles

These guys are any river, right? Doesn't matter cliff or ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bunny Day was always one of the more involved holidays, so I guess withhold judgement until the next holiday and see how dumbly that one is implemented. Bunny Day is very phone game level design, though

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Got my KK concert tomorrow, can't wait to make him do Go KK Rider :dance:

A Long Way Down posted:

The one I caught looked like the biggest one

Thank you!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I think I'd hate Bunny Fest 2020 about 90% less if it didn't gently caress with fish spawns.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I think people are overreacting a bit in some regards. You'd think it was the last day to catch a number of fish, but nope. It was the very first day for fish that will be around for months and people were freaking out that they couldn't knock them all out on the first day. This game should be chill, not a race. There's plenty of time to catch those fish.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Can someone elaborate what "phone game" means because they all just seem exactly like the mechanics that have been in every animal crossing game?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If they got rid of the water eggs (or gave them a special egg shaped shadow) and toned down the balloons a little the event would be totally fine I think

e: though I'm pretty bad with inventory space so the eggs taking up slots is pretty annoying - it'd be really bad if you didn't have any of the upgrades yet

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Not sure if they already had one, but I donated a simple panel to Int'l Dump, and that is the single most widely useful purchasable furniture item I've encountered so far, and maybe in the game? It's a customizable room divider that matches up seamlessly when you place them side by side—I see myself ordering some of these every day until I have enough for the house and town.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its almost exactly the same as the old bunny day except over a longer period because one of the biggest problems and complaints with old ac games was events being a single day and people missing them entirely if they didnt have time to load up and play a game on the day of a major holiday

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If eggs didn't replace fish and resources and showed up as an additional thing I don't think anyone would mind at all

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Can someone elaborate what "phone game" means because they all just seem exactly like the mechanics that have been in every animal crossing game?
Very interested in the acquisition of lots of different kinds of intermediaries over a limited time, as a player retention scheme. To get all the Bunny Day stuff in NH you need like 20 of each kind of egg + all the recipes, so thats like 150 collectibles. NL Bunny Day it didn't matter what kind of egg you found, each one had a chance to just give you a piece of the set, much less effort.

Its the kind of stuff that made me not want to play Pocket Camp

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

GI_Clutch posted:

I think people are overreacting a bit in some regards. You'd think it was the last day to catch a number of fish, but nope. It was the very first day for fish that will be around for months and people were freaking out that they couldn't knock them all out on the first day. This game should be chill, not a race. There's plenty of time to catch those fish.
I don't want to catch them 12 days later I want to catch them now. I mean, I still did, but it was annoying because of all the egg spawns, which also means I can't chill out late listening to podcasts and fishing up red snappers and knifejaws because the medium size shadows are usually eggs now

"there's no right way to play animal crossing" goes both ways-if it means not wanting to complete things quickly is fine, it also means wanting to do things fast is fine as well.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its a good change that no one will complain about for more popular holidays and wouldnt even be grating now if people werent locked up indoors 24/7

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

this way is much better than the old ones being a single day you can completely miss and have to wait an entire year for another go at it. its not really their fault that the game launched right when everyone started having to stay at home because of a pandemic.

if they cut the mats down then in normal circumstances it would completely ruin the point of the new balance for the events and turn them into extreme grinds outside of the very weird situation we're in right now

It sounds like you still need to play on the 12th to get your achievement card stamped for making all the furniture. So if you don't play on that one specific day, you still miss a part of the holiday.

The game is definitely geared towards people who don't grind and play for hours; it just so happens it's still fun for people in a pandemic with hours a day to play as well! Great design in my opinion.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

What would you guys say the best resource for seeing what furniture is in the game? I’m wondering if there are any items that have sunflowers in them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just as a update on my Cherry-Blossom List

-Wallpaper (Boards)
-Wall Clock
-Viewing Lamp
-Pile
-Backpack
-Wand
-Stone
-Picnic
-Field Flooring

I've seen a second wallpaper that looks like you're in a forest of pink trees so I assume that's A Thing too.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Coco is adorable. She's quiet, likes books, and looks cute in glasses. Like me!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LifeLynx posted:

It sounds like you still need to play on the 12th to get your achievement card stamped for making all the furniture. So if you don't play on that one specific day, you still miss a part of the holiday.

The game is definitely geared towards people who don't grind and play for hours; it just so happens it's still fun for people in a pandemic with hours a day to play as well! Great design in my opinion.

there is a gigantic difference between having to simply open the game for 2 minutes on the day and having to do the entire event stuff on that day but it would be nice if that part was also not required for a specific day i agree

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

GI_Clutch posted:

For me it's because I really want the cherry blossom things and having egg balloons spawning every minute across the island makes me more likely to miss the real ones. And it's harder to catch fish for money. It's not awful otherwise.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

They could have had the event run for 12 days but also have the frequency of eggs gradually decrease once you've gathered enough to craft everything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dip Viscous posted:

They could have had the event run for 12 days but also have the frequency of eggs gradually decrease once you've gathered enough to craft everything.

I'm here.

I have every egg thing I'll ever want to craft so I'm just waiting for the 12th to get rid of it. Still popping normal balloons tho

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

its a good change that no one will complain about for more popular holidays and wouldnt even be grating now if people werent locked up indoors 24/7
IDK why either of those things matter, if anything people should be happier that holidays are grindier during the quarantine.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

The Duke posted:

Dodo code Expired, everyone enjoy your poop hats!

Poop hats, leather jackets and goatees, turnip prices are bad. Please don’t tread on my flowers.

Broooo I got so many bun wigs and faerie dresses. Hell yeah.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Color Printer posted:

K.K. can play the theme from Wild World (it's called Wild World) but I guess it's a secret easter egg song cause afterwards he treats it as a request that didn't get recognized and I don't get an item. That sucks :mad:

That does suck cause he actually does have secret songs Animal City, the city theme from the Wii game, Drivin' which sounds dope as hell, and a third one called Farewell or something.

I got the item for Animal City and assume the other two also have items.

https://twitter.com/mmmossy/status/1246588303157030912

Buttflakes
Mar 18, 2014

Delicious flakes of butt!
Still lookin' for flowers... I need roses, mums, lilies, and cosmos. I have duplicate fossils, fruit and cash to trade! Breeding flowers and finding all the types of flowers and flower colors makes me so happy :allears:

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

beau is giving away the golden arowana model recipe in my place. forgive my town, it's a mess and i have no idea what i'm trying to do.

dodo code: JC7YG closed!

Splash Attack fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 5, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

homeless snail posted:

IDK why either of those things matter, if anything people should be happier that holidays are grindier during the quarantine.

The issue is that the holiday interferes with the regular grind, making it more difficult to get the resources you actually want. Like fish!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Huh weird, maybe it was a mistake to add grinds to Animal Crossing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Harrow posted:

If eggs didn't replace fish and resources and showed up as an additional thing I don't think anyone would mind at all

Pretty much all of them do except water eggs and that's what everyone hates.

Rock eggs and wood eggs theoretically take up resources but easily obtained ones

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Cool and fun: catching fish and getting a chance for something rare to sell or a new thing to add to my museum

Neither cool nor fun: catching endless water eggs and turning them into ugly DIY projects to sell because holy hell why would you want to ever look at this hideous poo poo

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Electric Phantasm posted:

That does suck cause he actually does have secret songs Animal City, the city theme from the Wii game, Drivin' which sounds dope as hell, and a third one called Farewell or something.

I got the item for Animal City and assume the other two also have items.

https://twitter.com/mmmossy/status/1246588303157030912

I think sometimes they add secret songs but they're not available as an aircheck until the next game rolls around. Those songs were in New Leaf, but as live performances only. Wild World is a new song, so I'm guessing the same rule applies.

EDIT: Yeah, each game has 3 secret songs that only have live performances. They became available for airchecks the next release (though most are request only). So far I guess this game only has one, Wild World.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 5, 2020

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if the water eggs are annoying you is it really that hard to just go easy on the fishing for a week and some change?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

its not grindy, it lasts for 12 days and with the rates on eggs youd get everything with moderate play over the 12 days. the issue is everyones at home and playing it a lot and have "finished" the event after 4 days.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Everyone bitches about the water eggs because they've been playing for a while, but we just got the game on the 31st and let me tell you having most of the game gated behind collecting 30 iron nuggets when a third of your rock loot is eaten by eggs is a special kind of gently caress you

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I don't have online so I think the worst shame is that I can't get pears or peaches or various flowers without paying money. I mean I'll get it eventually because I can afford it, but it really doesn't seem fair to gate basic things like fruits and flowers behind payment

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Does anyone have any decent turnip prices? I’m just looking for 110+ lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

eating only apples posted:

Wish I had Pietro :( I got a boring frog for my mandatory smug.

my random smug was keaton, who is an a-class villager at least. my random 4th and 5th however must be removed

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I've seen a second wallpaper that looks like you're in a forest of pink trees so I assume that's A Thing too.
Yes, there are two floors and two wallpapers. They're named like Sakura and Cherry Blossom.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is Forest Life in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Calaveron posted: