Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm gonna start rumors than Hogan was secretly this master of the in-ring arts but rarely showed off his skills.

"Yeah, at a house show in San Jose, Hogan bust out his top rope Tombstone. Finished him off with the 720 splash."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed among cocktails.
Pray for me now, and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
Amen.

Randaconda posted:

i'm gonna start rumors than Hogan was secretly this master of the in-ring arts but rarely showed off his skills.

"Yeah, at a house show in San Jose, Hogan bust out his top rope Tombstone. Finished him off with the 720 splash."

"Ever seen a top rope Hulk-en-steiner? Pulled it off at a house show at MSG in the late eighties. No cameras."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evanauto posted:

"Ever seen a top rope Hulk-en-steiner? Pulled it off at a house show at MSG in the late eighties. No cameras."

"Oh, you didn't know that story? Hogan had to be talked out of the original finish of the WMIII match, where he would have given Andre the top rope burning hammer Misawa showed him."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/bennyowens/status/1246485265318924292?s=20

This popped up on the timeline and god Danielson is so good. It's a fairly long gif but just watch that dude go. It's from a 2008 ROH show in Tokyo, Tokyo Summit.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Danielson launching himself like a missile is one of hypest things in pro wrestling history, but man, it would've done wonders for his career longevity if he just stuck to this kind of dynamic ground game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

drat, no wonder Kanemaru drinks so much now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I miss the like 2 weeks where Bryan tried to get the elbows over as a finish on Smackdown. Then again I also loved when Jay White tried them in New Japan, but I suppose it's too hard to work them without it looking bad or just shoot elbowing the other dude.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's been awhile since I did this, but I loved the Boneyard match so much, if anybody wants any specific gifs from Wrestlemania please let me know and I'll make some!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

It's been awhile since I did this, but I loved the Boneyard match so much, if anybody wants any specific gifs from Wrestlemania please let me know and I'll make some!

Aj coming out the casket

Taker flames

Taker teleport

The druid reveal

gently caress that match was something

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
The whole match in one 600mb gif

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jerusalem posted:

I feel a fun gif could be made of Gronk and Mojo "yes"ing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jerusalem posted:

Friend of mine really wants a gif of Morrison's slow ladder climb/grasping at the belts at the end of the ladder match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrestlemania 36 Night 1 Gifs, as requested - click thumbnails to view:

Bad show, GREAT main event.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Same deal, if you want gifs from Night 2 of Wrestlemania, post what you want.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Macho Mercy!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Bad show, GREAT main event.

Man, actual lighting and cinematography makes a match better. I really would love if more than 50% of matches during the Coronavirus era are not held in traditional rings.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

All of NWO Cena

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrestlemania 36 Night 2 Gifs - Click to view:

Also including this gif as potential use in a lawsuit against WWE for not observing social distancing and gathering limitation guidelines :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrestlemania 36 Night 2 Gifs: The Firefly Funhouse match - Click to view:

:same: Abby.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Jerusalem posted:

Is it just me or does clicking any of the thumbnails just goto a 404 imgur page? ie. https://imgur.com/cqruC0zm

I've been trying to get a copy of this image for my folder but for the life of me I can't :shrug:

edit: oh if I remove the m at the end it works, nevermind. Thanks!

Hirez fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 6, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's come up with a couple of people before, some people's browsers have a setting that prevents the files from clicking through to the gif behind for some reason. I can't remember the fix, I remember it was actually very straightforward, anybody remember what it was? It comes up so infrequently I didn't save the workaround.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

ya my fix was opening the link in IE instead of Chrome/Vivaldi; but I got too many tampermonkey scripts for SA/Images to narrow it down; not a big deal since I can see the animation when I mouseover the images; just not with a clickthru.

much appreciated though

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I think RealFoxy made these years ago from a January 2013 DDT show and I thought they'd be worth reposting:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The 24 Sai will never not be scary as hell.

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

Amen.

I love the woman in the blue hat in the background.

Also, why?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Glad this got bumped because I mentioned wanting to capture a cool spot from the first ever GHC Jr Heavyweight title match in NOAH.

Juvi just caught him so smooth

(I really meant to resize that smaller than I did, oops)

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
AJPW, Misawa vs Kobashi, Champions Carnival, 03/31/1996

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Evanauto posted:

Also, why?

Ibushi gonna Ibushi.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Evanauto posted:

Also, why?

There is nothing in the breadth of God's Creation that Kota Ibushi hates more than a fully functioning neck

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Kenny Omega v. Karl Anderson, the one time they've ever wrestled, in the Wrestling Revolution Project which taped 13 episodes in 2011 that were never released anywhere until they were uploaded to Youtube last month.

Kenny goes through a $10,000 glass chandelier and had to work the rest of the tapings for free to pay it off.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why was a 10,000 dollar chandelier hanging right above the ropes on the entrance ramp side of the ring

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Alaois posted:

why was a 10,000 dollar chandelier hanging right above the ropes on the entrance ramp side of the ring

Because the whole thing was taped at a music recording studio by a dude who didn’t really know what the hell he was doing and raised the money for the project on Kickstarter

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

So I hear you want to become a wrestler?

I'm you're instructor

My Friends call me...

Here are some of my personal highlights of how to have a long career in wrestling

Rest holds are for the old men, what I like to do is just lie down whenever I need a rest

Don't look like a geek, make your opponent work so it looks real, always be selling!

Even if it's some green as hell STUPID IDIOT who couldn't cut it in the WWE

or the GOAT

Look at me selling, I'm nowhere near that stupid idiot buffoon falling from the skies, but I need to help put him over!

Jump further idiot!

Jump more accurately idiot! oh wait that's me; how'd that get in there

:rip: -Truth

Just watch out for receipts

Thanks for attending

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

Amen.

Hirez posted:

Don't look like a geek, make your opponent work so it looks real, always be selling!

AAAAAlooooohaaaa Miiiike! AAAAAlooooohaaaa Miiiike!

The Miz is the worst. Then. Now. Forever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, Miz really doesn't like catching people.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Homer's fake name scene, but it is a haunted & rattled Kofi Kingston explaining to Miz why he has to catch him when he does the dive

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

Homer's fake name scene, but it is a haunted & rattled Kofi Kingston explaining to Miz why he has to catch him when he does the dive

Kofi: "Now repeat after me "I'm going to catch you"
Miz: "You're going to catch me"

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Kofi: "Now repeat after me "I'm going to catch you"
Miz: "You're going to catch me"

“Now when I stomp on John’s foot, you get into position to catch me.”
“Got it.”
*Kofi stomps on John’s foot* “Now, are you ready to catch me?”
*Miz whispers to nothing but air* “I think he’s talking to you.”

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Everything posted above is true and correct. So I have no earthly reason to but .....

I still like the Miz. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Accidentally stumbled across this clip where Mox almost deathmatches a dude on the street for being an rear end in a top hat to his wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN2sLT9-DyE