Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no mei and yes lucio is a nice meta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/BostonUprising/status/1246545323499061248

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/lagladiators/status/1137225931746160640?s=21

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im expecting a 3-0 but im not sure from who

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

What's commissioner Nate up to now that he left OWL?

He’s the head of esports for Fortnite at Epic games. They had a good turn out for the World Championship last year, but I think they were in a decline before the COVID19 quarantines set in.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Finally some good news

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/oge_ow/status/1246575317596192770?s=21

:drat:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the new post game music is pretty grating. I wish they could just use the stuff from APEX and the 1st OWWC.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/antwnpls/status/1246594724712140803?s=21

Fined and banned

e: https://twitter.com/hanbammerow/status/1246598673405968384?s=21

Ignis fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 5, 2020

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
:lol: why do these leagues even have chat turned on for players to do these things?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Seems like it's because all the players are using chat to say GG at the end of a match since they can't shake hands.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

No I mean why would the broadcast/obs client show that? LoL hides it so you don't see all the toxic chat (as funny as it can be).

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Maybe it's because they want viewers to see the players saying GG so they know the good sportsmanship is happening? I'm just spitballing here. I have no idea why anything is happening the way it is.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Pretty sure I've seen them accidentally unhiding/hiding chat during a match

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bottom Liner posted:

:lol: why do these leagues even have chat turned on for players to do these things?

they normally keep it hidden and iirc actually had to make rules about mid-match chatting because sinatraa or danteh or someone was typing up so much mid game banter that people were finding it distracting

Fauxtool posted:

Not that its surprising, but Soe is clearly the only one who can apply their own makeup. Everyone else looks 15 years older and sickly

It's funny cuz the hair and makeup (at least until they fired the people they had doing it) was exceptionally well done pretty much top to bottom.

Tommu posted:

I mean I can't really definitively say that that its a sunk cost fallacy for alot of people, i know I personally sticked about for like 3 months this year because of that tho.

Alot of tier 2 names ive talked to feel really hosed over by how blizzard structures and supports the scene and the tiny bottle neck around top of tier 2 into OWL.

Given covid I'd expect next year to be a massive down sizing and I dont think people want to stay about.

Yeah I'm definitely not speaking authoritatively about that, I'm just going off of how burnt out and unenthusiastic pretty much everyone in owl and t2 seems towards the game. I can't even really remember the last time I saw someone having fun with the game outside of memeing around not taking it seriously, which usually is a sign that it's winding down.

I always wonder what would've happened if they'd started the blizz-affiliated stuff as a separate, supplementary premier league and let all the super active original t2/weekly tournament scene continue.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 5, 2020

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
been told another NA academy team is dead and another wants out.

edit: another

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Not even being snarky when I say I wouldn't be surprised if OWL folded entirely before next year, at least in any recognizable or Blizzard run org.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Bottom Liner posted:

Not even being snarky when I say I wouldn't be surprised if OWL folded entirely before next year, at least in any recognizable or Blizzard run org.

The main problem with that is that teams have spent a crazy amount of money to both join the league and to pay the players, that at the very least should make Blizzard want to keep it going.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Oasx posted:

The main problem with that is that teams have spent a crazy amount of money to both join the league and to pay the players, that at the very least should make Blizzard want to keep it going.

That's the big question I've had from the start, because its always looked like Blizzard's plan to monetize OWL was through franchise fees and partnership deals and they've seemingly already cashed in big on those. I'm not sure what incentive they have to keep it going if they can't do more of that. I'm really curious what kind of contracts and guarantees these teams got with the league for the insane amounts of money they threw at it.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Toronto's parent company had some layoffs so Montreal is probably dead by now

Chinese games on casted by Brenshow, watch live as Bren slowly loses his sanity

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Adora: Oh my team is grav'd and dying? I better hit Reaper ult.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
ameng playing winston???

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

The bad timing on these replays is comical.

Chengdu is doing surprisingly well without Wrecking Ball though. Not great, you can definitely tell they're not happy about this, but they don't look awful.

Edit - uh, Charge completely changing their comp with 30 seconds left? What are you doing lads?

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 5, 2020

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Well, that Spark match sucked. I think we ought to have won control, but that felt like a 1-3 loss at absolute best. Really interesting that we played Adora at Reaper over Godsb.

It's looking like we'll be a lower-midtable team in this new division; we're not at Shanghai's level and I think we'll get rocked by Seoul and Vancouver as well, but I think we'll be able to beat London consistently, Chengdu more often than not, and trade wins with the Charge.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

It was probably only forced off on the LAN client and I’m guessing they’re not using that for this?

Seagull (iirc) had some funny anecdotes about the first couple weeks of S1 before match chat was turned off.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Speaking of seagull, any guesses as to which "tier 1 org" offered him $300/month to sponsor him at OW release when he was regularly pulling 30k views?

https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertStormyElephantOneHand

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/mcgravy/status/1246887809975111680?s=21

McGravy is a Champ

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Houston won point a, and then fed into point b before capping

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

lmao incredible EMP

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Blasmeister posted:

lmao incredible EMP

Edit: that’s better

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Houston has to lead the league in fights lost when up in numbers.

Edit: Muma still sucks at Rein. He should only be allowed to play Winston and Wrecking Ball (when it's not banned).

Frustrated fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 5, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why the hell didn't Muma play Winston? This week's bans seem like they would favor dive.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Because Winston is trash

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that the white molten core makes it look even more like jizz.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Washington looking worse than they did during Goats

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
only watching OWL games where at least one team has a torb, and switching off in disgust when the torb team looks like they're losing. If both teams are torbing I am on my feet and screaming and asking my wife to check my heart rate after every match

e: after the first LAV/Dallas match, I am no longer a fuel fan. Go Valiant.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 6, 2020

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Decay playing Tracer like a contrarian

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
sex
big dick

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Super’s dad with the PotG

https://twitter.com/key2jail/status/1246913441714995200?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I can't believe Fuel won that. They didn't deserve that win. Decay was simultaneously a hard carry and a handicap.