Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

I came across a colorized version of Chapter 266: https://imgur.com/a/DAGmK85

Makes some of the action a lot clearer to read.

Compared to, say, the bits of the Overhaul arc, I thought this chapter was easy to follow as is. :shrug:

The only thing I didn't spot on my first read was the clone falling from the balcony on the big spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I came across a colorized version of Chapter 266: https://imgur.com/a/DAGmK85

Makes some of the action a lot clearer to read.

They should hire whoever made this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

Compared to, say, the bits of the Overhaul arc, I thought this chapter was easy to follow as is. :shrug:

The only thing I didn't spot on my first read was the clone falling from the balcony on the big spread.

There were several details I missed in B&W that pop out more in color:

1. After Hawks hauls Twice out of the flames, Toga's handkerchief is laying on the ground next to him. He snatches it up before running away from Hawks to make room for Dabi to blast him.
2. It's clearer that Twice is making a clone there to hold down Hawks and that Hawks immediately kills it.
3. As with #1 it's clearer Twice is specifically holding the handkerchief as he high fives Dabi. Hori's setting up the deliberate chapter motif with the handkerchief and there probably would've been less questioning that Twice was for sure dead if that was clearer.
4. Hawks is already firing two more feathers at Twice's final clone as he's about to impale him.
5. Not that any of them are important but the battle scene on ground floor is a lot clearer.
6. Toga drops her daggers when she gets grabbed...
7. ... and the final clone picks them up and uses them to stab the hero in his head.
8. The final clone's handkerchief turns to gloop along with the rest of the clone. This is important because...
9. ... the final panel is of the real handkerchief as it flutters to the ground after being sent flying after Hawks impaled Twice on page 11.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
New chapter!

Mirko. :ohdear:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Horikoshi don't you loving dare

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's no way she's dead considering she has a cover where she's got an arm prosthesis

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Even if Mirko survives all this she is going to be really messed up. I have a bad feeling about it though.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Now that Endeavor is here, he can heroically die as Mirko lives.
It'll make her real mad and real sad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

rannum posted:

Now that Endeavor is here, he can heroically die as Mirko lives.
It'll make her real mad and real sad

I'd be fine with that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So either Hawks is gonna die here or we're gonna get Dabi v Endevour with the reveal there cause I doubt they'll just have Hawks explain it to the big man in a hospital bed or the like.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My guess is that out of the 3 heroes (Mirko, Hawks, Endeavor) we're going to get three outcomes: 1 death, 1 de-powering, 1 surviving with permanent injuries.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Either way, everything is about to go to poo poo next chapter. Shigaraki is waking up and he's going to wake up Gigantomachia and everyone is gonna die.

Also, Dabi proves once and for all that he's the worst League member by admitting that he doesn't care about any of them.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 5, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The best bit is absolutely fits both Fatgum’s character to protect the kids like this and is a really good use of his powers that might otherwise be hard to implement in this attack. Capturing villains the way he normally does would potentially just get in the way of his allies, so instead he protects potentially vulnerable people in his fat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It feels like we're approaching the climax of the arc here

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

It feels like we're approaching the climax of the arc here

We still haven't even cut to Deku's group. I get the feeling they're going to have to deal with the aftermath of things going to poo poo at the hospital.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I actually thought hawks was going to die there for a second. Gotta finally admit to myself that maybe twice is dead, but with the tide about to turn maybe the doctor can save his life so he can produce healthy clones while living out the rest of his life from a wheelchair. Or maybe his corpse becomes another highend. Dead or not I don't think we've seen the end of his quirk.

Really hoping Miriko lives but has to spend the next three or four years teaching at UA while she recovers.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rhonne posted:

We still haven't even cut to Deku's group. I get the feeling they're going to have to deal with the aftermath of things going to poo poo at the hospital.

So you think we’ll get Endeavor’s last stand and a retreat when Machia wakes up? Deku and co are probably done evacuating the city at this point so naturally those three might rush to the hospital when they see it disintegrate

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I'm starting to suspect Twice might not be doing too great.

Dabi continues to rule by taking all the speculation that his high five from 266 means he secretly loves his found family, and shooting it in the face. Twice was just his most valulable asset, he canonically doesn't care and just causes problems on purpose :goose:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

She's super stoked to be getting back to the battlefield faster so she can grow more mushrooms inside people's lungs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

So you think we’ll get Endeavor’s last stand and a retreat when Machia wakes up? Deku and co are probably done evacuating the city at this point so naturally those three might rush to the hospital when they see it disintegrate

Endeavor probably won't die here because he still has story stuff unresolved with Hawks and Dabi, but he'll probably get the poo poo kicked out of him and be forced to retreat while the remaining nomu pour out of the hospital into the city for Deku and the others to deal with(and maybe Shigaraki too depending on how getting woken up early will effect him). Machia is probably going to tear through the heroes and eventually make his way to the rearguard are and encounter the kids(and Kirishima and Mina or specifically).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1246842095551184897?s=20

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

so who is ready for
shigaraki to kick the bucket this arc leading us to our TRUE villain for the rest of the series, everyone's favorite character: Dabi!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

My guess is that the main three are gonna have to take down a High-End together, putting in practice the lessons they learned from training under Endeavor.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I want Hawks to die.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
how dare you

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ZiegeDame posted:

I want Hawks to die.

Hmm, no.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Y'all gonna sit there and pretend that Hawks didn't straight-up murder Best Jeanist because his handlers decided that a de-powered hero was more useful as a tool to gain the trust of the villains? He's nothing more than a state-sponsored assassin.

Also he's learned Dabi's big secret before the reader so there's no way he can actually get out of this alive or that blank speech bubble is pointless.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only thing that would make me mad here is Tokoyami dying or getting hosed up trying to defend Hawks.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Speculation: Dabi and Toga were both dropouts from the governments’ Black Widow Black Hawks program. They joined the LOV at the same time and both have hinted at having been trained professionally.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Whelp, RIP Cast bloat

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Horikoshi made the rabbit a bit too hardcore. :stare:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

Y'all gonna sit there and pretend that Hawks didn't straight-up murder Best Jeanist because his handlers decided that a de-powered hero was more useful as a tool to gain the trust of the villains? He's nothing more than a state-sponsored assassin.

Not even Dabi think that Hawks killed Best Jeanist.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ZiegeDame posted:

Also he's learned Dabi's big secret before the reader so there's no way he can actually get out of this alive or that blank speech bubble is pointless.

Yeah between this, the Twice murder and the fact that he was trained in some Jason Bourne child soldier program Hawks seems like....not a great dude.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah between this, the Twice murder and the fact that he was trained in some Jason Bourne child soldier program Hawks seems like....not a great dude.

Actually, Hawks seems like a pretty decent soldier. He's just not a capital-H Hero, or even a lower-case hero.

Our man Stain proven correct yet again.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Child-soldiers: not great people

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Hawks is one of the very few people in this manga that actually murdered someone in cold blood. He is absolutely a horrible person, but he is also an incredible character and I hope he sticks around for a while longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Also Twice killed somebody like, one chapter ago. They're all on the same page here.