Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1 minute later ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Yes, we've heard that before

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oh my god what's inside of me?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I'm glad they called it a "sex-reveal party" instead of "gender-reveal party" because babies are just babies, dang it!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
NEVER give anyone your flute!

gently caress I love this dumb show

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Who are you, William Wonka?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/AndreBraugher/status/1245874585112727552?s=20

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CPColin posted:

I'm glad they called it a "sex-reveal party" instead of "gender-reveal party" because babies are just babies, dang it!
While that was better than the alternative, I still hated it. Gender reveal parties became a thing in response to the rising visibility of trans people. I'd wager most people who throw them don't know that, but it's not a coincidence that these two things happened at the same time.

Why do so many people care what kind of loving genitals a goddamned baby has? It's creepy, terrible, and doesn't in any way reflect what their gender is going to be.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

While that was better than the alternative, I still hated it. Gender reveal parties became a thing in response to the rising visibility of trans people. I'd wager most people who throw them don't know that, but it's not a coincidence that these two things happened at the same time.

Why do so many people care what kind of loving genitals a goddamned baby has? It's creepy, terrible, and doesn't in any way reflect what their gender is going to be.

I mean, asking if its a boy or a girl is a perfectly normal question to ask an expecting couple.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

swickles posted:

I mean, asking if its a boy or a girl is a perfectly normal question to ask an expecting couple.

Yeah, "normal" because the society we live in is incredibly loving lovely about gender norms, even in 2020. It's weird as gently caress if you give it any critical thought.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

swickles posted:

My entire point is that it shouldn't be. "Does your baby have a penis or a vagina" is creepy and horrible. "Normal" isn't in any single way a useful barometer for whether or not things should or should not be.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, they made a slight reference to how weird it is when Jake said it was time to find out what their baby has going on down there, but I sympathize with wanting to skip seeing the whole thing on TV altogether.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, "normal" because the society we live in is incredibly loving lovely about gender norms, even in 2020. It's weird as gently caress if you give it any critical thought.

You are way too hung up on this poo poo. Some people just want to know if they're having a boy or a girl. Live your life man.

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Gender reveal parties became a thing in response to the rising visibility of trans people. I'd wager most people who throw them don't know that, but it's not a coincidence that these two things happened at the same time.

The two have nothing to do with each other, you're delusional. It's a generational thing, wanting to make a big todo out of everything. See promposals.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 4, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's absolutely a chud thing, sorry.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The concept of gender reveal as a cake or bursting balloon or this whole process is relatively new, but baby showers with "Its a Boy!" or Pink themed things has gone on for as long as we have been able to determine the sex before birth.

I think its weirder to tell every one the weight and length at birth, but to be fair there is a very limited amount of information to give about a baby, so people include all they can because usually they are pretty excited.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ChesterJT posted:

You are way too hung up on this poo poo. Some people just want to know if they're having a boy or a girl. Live your life man.

The two have nothing to do with each other, you're delusional. It's a generational thing, wanting to make a big todo out of everything. See promposals.

You are wrong. Phrase the question "does your baby have a penis or a vagina?" and ask yourself if that's a normal question. It's a baby and it's weird for people to give a gently caress.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah gender reveals are weird and gross.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've solved the Who Has Done This, and it is all of you, you all did this.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I'm impressed with Terry's legit flute skills but annoyed that they decided to dub some random flute playing over him in the first scene that doesn't match his fingers at all :mad:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hey, so, speaking as a trans person for which this was a giant bummer, it is vitally important that we as a culture are able to point at pieces of things we love and say, "hey. That sucks," without getting into a pages long argument about it, because we who are either personally aggrieved or our allies speaking up for us are not saying you're a bad person for liking the show. We also love the show. You don't need to feel personally attacked for liking a thing that did a lovely thing.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

You don't need to feel personally attacked for liking a thing that did a lovelyperfectly normal thing.

Follow your own advice

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That doesn’t work if you change it.

I mean it doesn’t make sense post change but still

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

ChesterJT posted:

Follow your own advice

Seriously? :ironicat:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I thought that they'd called it "gender reveal" and only his dad said "Sex reveal"? I mean either way it's loving weird.

Was nice to see Michael Mull as Jake's grandad but it feels weird he's never really been mentioned before? Also he'd have been sixteen to have Jake's dad, ouch

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

Follow your own advice
Do you, or do you not understand that perfectly "normal" things can, in fact, be bad?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Taear posted:

I thought that they'd called it "gender reveal" and only his dad said "Sex reveal"? I mean either way it's loving weird.

Was nice to see Michael Mull as Jake's grandad but it feels weird he's never really been mentioned before? Also he'd have been sixteen to have Jake's dad, ouch

They missed their chance to make him a private detective, though.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Jason Sextro posted:

They missed their chance to make him a private detective, though.

That would have been fun. "You got me again" would have fitted in Brooklyn 99 really.
I feel like they kinda wasted his dementia bit? I dunno.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna be honest Jake saying they are doing something interesting with Splinter and Krang's backstory got me interested lol.

Also I'm sad Cry Hard With A Vengeance isn't a real book.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hawkperson posted:

I'm impressed with Terry's legit flute skills but annoyed that they decided to dub some random flute playing over him in the first scene that doesn't match his fingers at all :mad:

Here you go:
https://i.imgur.com/iNHIDgg.mp4

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Did the idea to have JK Simmons guest star or the idea to have Holt go full whiplash on Terry come first?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Fuckin adorable

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

IT'S HEIST WEEK!!!

https://tvline.com/2020/04/07/brooklyn-nine-nine-season-7-episode-11-halloween-heist-video/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The rabbit jumping off the roof!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Bow down

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

God, those shots of Cheddar running

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Dump out

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Oh Bill

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Oh snap!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
drat Rosa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol the 92 dream team references.

:smith: