Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Kirios posted:

Is there a male zap suit? I got the helmet a long time ago but never got the body piece for it.

Yes, I had one in green for a while but I tossed it when I couldn't find any good helmets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I've got a ton of duplicate DIY cards to get rid of, so I threw them all on the ground in front of the airport for people to come pick up. About half Bunny Day stuff, but there's some cherry blossom and bamboo cards, too. I also dropped all my extra fossil bits, if you're looking for those.

Able Sisters have the fancy Noble Dresses and also the bitchin' rad COW SKULL HELMET. You can get mum and hyacinth seeds, and also some windflower seeds, I think? Feel free to take whatever fruits, too.

Cakewalk is not fancy to look at, but it is a place that exists and has free stuff. I'll stay open for an hour or so.

Closed - thanks for coming!

Picayune fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 5, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh dang sorry to everyone in Lahan, my Switch fell asleep and it kind of kicked whoever was in there out! If anyone wants to come back the new Dodo Code is 7MCSB

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Nintendo is so garbage at online. Why you can't join an island if someone is using their phone is beyond any reasonable explanation.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

The Pirate Captain posted:

Nintendo is so garbage at online. Why you can't join an island if someone is using their is beyond any reasonable explanation.

Yeah I can't think of a single problem that might come up from letting people change aspects of the island while someone else is trying to load and initialize it, clearly Nintendo just hates fun

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Snake Maze posted:

No, amiibo invites let you pick who they "negotiate" with, regular campsite invites pick a random villager to replace and you get the choice to either accept it or not.
what is it with this game and simultaneously letting you choose villagers but also being a weirdly annoying and arbitrary about how you do it???

you can choose who comes in through islands... but they're only available early on, and then when you can do it again, you have to choose fast, otherwise Nook'll sell the land (that you paid for!!) to some shmuck.
you can invite characters through the campsite... but you can only choose who leaves if you use an amiibo.
you can evict residents for campsite characters... but if you want one from a friend's island, there's no way to get them unless you've already waited for one of yours to leave via RNG.

make up your mind, nintendo! :argh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The rich get richer through glorious Amiibo.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Holy poo poo :sever:

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Idia posted:

Oo.. contemplating this but also want the DIYs for future unless I sell them.
I do want the cherry blossom pond stone and at least 2 of the lanterns. My switch code is 7300-3543-3535.
IDK how the transaction works, I guess I'll visit your island with the materials needed for it. I'm drowning in petals!!

Having just gone through a literal hour of troubleshooting how to send another human being so much as one (1) item in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, released March 20th, 2020, what I'm reasonably sure we need to do is: I'll add you as a Switch friend, you can open your gates, I'll visit you and you can drop the materials for me, I'll go back to my island to craft them, then I can mail them to you as a Best Friend, a couple today and the last one tomorrow. I mean, theoretically, this is what should work. Theoretically.

Get together 10 stones, 15 chery-blossom petals, and 8 bundles of hardwood, (+6 petals and +4 hardwood bundles for any extra lantern you want), drop em' off near the airport, post your Dodo code in case I need to use that to visit, and I'll pick them up and get to work (theoretically).

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I'm gonna give it a rest for the day after that because I have some things I really wanna get done before my stores close, but I'll be back in business tomorrow if anyone's left who wants in.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Can players invited by the dodo code pick up any dropped turnips? I have all of mine in my house.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
It's just fruit so I'd imagine yes. Fence it off. Like, your literal house. Trust no one.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Can players invited by the dodo code pick up any dropped turnips? I have all of mine in my house.

I put down two placeable objects to block the door to the room where I store mine just in case.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Visiting players can't push furniture, right? I just moved a stereo in front of the door to my turnip room.

Edit: /\ hi five

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Thanks to everyone who stopped by! I hope you all enjoy being wizard samurais or whatever you ended up doing.

Here's my vaporwave hoodie, for whoever was interested. I'm not super happy with how the weird smoothing effect applies to all the sharp lines, but I guess it's not bad! :shobon:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Picayune posted:

I've got a ton of duplicate DIY cards to get rid of, so I threw them all on the ground in front of the airport for people to come pick up. About half Bunny Day stuff, but there's some cherry blossom and bamboo cards, too. I also dropped all my extra fossil bits, if you're looking for those.

Able Sisters have the fancy Noble Dresses and also the bitchin' rad COW SKULL HELMET. You can get mum and hyacinth seeds, and also some windflower seeds, I think? Feel free to take whatever fruits, too.

Cakewalk is not fancy to look at, but it is a place that exists and has free stuff. I'll stay open for an hour or so.

BVRD3

Thanks! I bought a bunch of clothes and left a little tip of bells

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Able Sisters have:

Polka Dot Raincoats, Graduation / Harry Potter Robes, Tuxedos, Monocles (gold too), Handlebar Mustaches, Camo Pants, Slacks, Frilly Skirts, Mariachi Outfits, Army Helmets, Camo Pants, Giant Bows, High Tops, Trekking Shoes, Vinyl Pumps, basic socks, and more!

Timmy and Tommy have:

Large Can of food, Homework set, 1x black Piano Bench, 1x white Freezer (acts as a dresser), camo umbrella, O/R Windflowers, W/Y Mums, W/Y Hyacinths, Cherries.

Take fruit if you see some on the trees and you don't have any of your own at home. Take any DIY projects you find lying out that you haven't learned yet (picked over). Please be nice to the flowers!

The only basic flower I don't have yet is the yellow lily! Please bring me some seeds if you can - thanks!

Dodo Code: 9GSMC 4MTN5 Closed~!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 6, 2020

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Anyone with a red, white or green drink machine

Want to trade for my pink drink machine or red snack machine?

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
My island isn't super fancy but my shop has princess dresses, bomber pilot caps, raincoats etc. I'll keep it open for a bit if you wanna check it out while I grind for bells. EDIT - Closed for now, thanks for stopping by!

JD-Smith fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 5, 2020

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Say, is anyone selling roses in their shop? I haven't managed to find any so far.

Vogelspinne
Dec 16, 2010

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

Anyone with a red, white or green drink machine

Want to trade for my pink drink machine or red snack machine?

I have green and would love to trade for your pink!

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Vogelspinne posted:

I have green and would love to trade for your pink!

Great! I'm open at 3KTSP if you want to come on over and trade.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Lux Animus posted:

The only basic flower I don't have yet is the yellow lily! Please bring me some seeds if you can - thanks!

Dodo Code: 9GSMC

Leaving you some yellow lily transplants! North of the river in the middle of the map.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Lahan's closed for the moment. Thanks for coming y'all! And for those who left tips, thank you even more!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

someone awful. posted:

Thanks to everyone who stopped by! I hope you all enjoy being wizard samurais or whatever you ended up doing.

Here's my vaporwave hoodie, for whoever was interested. I'm not super happy with how the weird smoothing effect applies to all the sharp lines, but I guess it's not bad! :shobon:

Thank you! I'm going to download it later today! 😸

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I met a goddamn superhero squirrel on an island and invited her over. Squirrel squad! I hope she gets on with Hazel.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

No it won’t work that way. You will have to:

Create an Nintendo account to link to her profile. Put the account in your family group but make her date of birth over 13 years old.

If you put her birthday as under 13 years old she will not be able to play online.

Then you’ll have to upgrade to a family online account but it just barely cost more.

This worked. Thank you!

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Wrestling masks and space parkas are in the store. Take fruit if you want, I'll be afk here and there. Also Flick is at the north end of the island.

Dodo is 2YY0Q

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 5, 2020

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

JD-Smith posted:

My island isn't super fancy but my shop has princess dresses, bomber pilot caps, raincoats etc. I'll keep it open for a bit if you wanna check it out while I grind for bells. 31TYQ

Wanted one of the dresses. I was the one who left you a bunch of non-native fruit I didn't see growing on your island.

I'm still missing one fruit type. I've got cherries native, peaches, pears, oranges and coconuts growing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Today in jokes that probably only one (1) other person in the thread will get, I'm declaring that KK stands for Kinnickinnic. *nods sagely*

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I feel like I have the most 'good, but boring' Nook Miles loadout. Everything is very simple and looks good- but it's all black or white with very little color

My two seat thing is White.
My snack and drink machines are Black
My phonebox is Blue
My Monster Statue is Black (Asking again if there are any other colors but Red and Brown as I have those 3)
My streetlamps are Black

Having to ask for friends to get colors feels bad when I know they probably want to use their miles for their own things :negative:

Also hey Diana had a thought bubble over her head with "I wonder if this is really a good idea" or something being mumbled, this usually means she's thinking of moving out- but when I went to go talk to her I accidentally thwapped her with a net and now she won't say anything anymore :ohdear: Did I gently caress up?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Are there any ways to get DIY recipes I'm missing? I'm aware of:
  • The recipe books in the shop.
  • Catching a villager at home when they're hammering at their work bench.
  • The bottles that wash up on shore.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

McCracAttack posted:

Are there any ways to get DIY recipes I'm missing? I'm aware of:
  • The recipe books in the shop.
  • Catching a villager at home when they're hammering at their work bench.
  • The bottles that wash up on shore.

Regular balloons

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bobulus posted:

Visiting players can't push furniture, right? I just moved a stereo in front of the door to my turnip room.

Edit: /\ hi five

When people are visiting no one can move furniture, not even you.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What color Monster Statues do people have? Trying to get every color.

I have black and a couple friends are getting me Brown and Red but wondering if there's blue/green

I have a blue goshzilla.

It's a pretty good color!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Aw hell, anything I can do to nab it? Trying to get all the colors :ohdear:

DorkBot3000 posted:

Regular balloons

Villagers can run up and hand you stuff sometimes

Dunno if it's just seasonal stuff though.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Mokinokaro posted:

Wanted one of the dresses. I was the one who left you a bunch of non-native fruit I didn't see growing on your island.

I'm still missing one fruit type. I've got cherries native, peaches, pears, oranges and coconuts growing.

I've got apples growing in my orchard if you want some

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I feel like I have the most 'good, but boring' Nook Miles loadout. Everything is very simple and looks good- but it's all black or white with very little color

My two seat thing is White.
My snack and drink machines are Black
My phonebox is Blue
My Monster Statue is Black (Asking again if there are any other colors but Red and Brown as I have those 3)
My streetlamps are Black

Having to ask for friends to get colors feels bad when I know they probably want to use their miles for their own things :negative:

Also hey Diana had a thought bubble over her head with "I wonder if this is really a good idea" or something being mumbled, this usually means she's thinking of moving out- but when I went to go talk to her I accidentally thwapped her with a net and now she won't say anything anymore :ohdear: Did I gently caress up?

What colours are you looking for? My seats are green, drink machine is pink, snack machine is red and phonebox is red. I'll trade you any of those for your drink machine!

edit: it'll have to be tomorrow since I'll have to order them

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.
Ravennia is (edit) closed!

Northern hemisphere; native fruit is cherries. I have all other fruits on trees, you’re welcome to pick any you need. Pierce, in the NW second level house, is offering free barbell diys. I also have Able Sisters (notable items include DJ Caps, Jester’s Masks, Ruffled Dresses, Gothic Headdresses and Desert Outfits) and Nook’s Cranny. Come hang out! I think my villagers are pretty okay.

raven77 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Well, I didn't realize you can only buy turnips until, like, noon. Oops.