Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Social Animal posted:

Anyone listen to today’s podcast? I kind of got back into the show recently and my god hearing Adam straight up yell at the guys working for him is unbearable.

I haven’t listened in years but yeah it’s bad and not an act. I used to think he and Donnie were playing up the “Adam is a jerk boss” but eventually Donnie sued him and won a big settlement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Any time this thread pops back up I always assume it’s something bad

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I always expect it’s a post saying “it was finally canceled” but he’s probably transitioned so completely to right-wing radio that he’s still set for quite some time.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm impressed by the stubbornness of the Adam and Drew Show. I mean, they must record eps back to back but the endless ad reads on that show my god they don't quit. Surely Adam's audience numbers must be dwindling.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

edit: wrong thread

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 12, 2020

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lampsacus posted:

I'm impressed by the stubbornness of the Adam and Drew Show. I mean, they must record eps back to back but the endless ad reads on that show my god they don't quit. Surely Adam's audience numbers must be dwindling.

The ad-roll at the start of ADS is bananas. It's like 5-6 minutes now.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dr Drew going around saying that everyone is overreacting to this virus and this is not a big deal. Becoming some conservative icon now too I guess since they are all quoting him. Good lord he turned quack quick.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...ing_people.html

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I haven't felt the need to really say this about Dr. Drew before, but: Die, boomer filth. You're gonna get it and you should die from it.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

“What I have a problem with is the panic and the fact that businesses are getting destroyed[...]”

ah there it is. get hosed you nickel-chasing piece of poo poo

WEH fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 15, 2020

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Does Dr Drew's wife really believe this? Lol

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
She did give Adams phone number to Pang the cutco knife salesman

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Evil Agita posted:

She did give Adams phone number to Pang the cutco knife salesman

Pan Pan

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Oh right, even better.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dr. Drew has gone full blown right-wing nut. He's trying to backtrack a bit since calling it just a mild flu, but he's still telling everyone who is healthy to go out and do whatever they want. Would not be surprised to see him on Infowars soon.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Niwrad posted:

Dr. Drew has gone full blown right-wing nut. He's trying to backtrack a bit since calling it just a mild flu, but he's still telling everyone who is healthy to go out and do whatever they want. Would not be surprised to see him on Infowars soon.

I have no idea why Drew would do this, but it literally makes me incredibly furious with him, and that makes me sad. :(

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

UltraRed posted:

I have no idea why Drew would do this, but it literally makes me incredibly furious with him, and that makes me sad. :(

It’s hard to square with his early career working with AIDS awareness

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The almighty dollar will always win.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Even when I could stand Drew I always encoded his "I had to get on the radio to talk about AIDS!" as mostly revisionist history. He's a fame and money whore, he's almost congenitally panicky, and yeah increasingly he's got a team. Years ago he'd go nuts about what a risk the homeless population were for tyhpus etc. outbreaks. His recent pearl-clutching about decriminalizing drug use was insane. His dumb news shows have all been the same overblown media stuff he's complaining about now. So here he's basically panicking about the panic, though his take will age so badly he might be stuck in the conservative media ecosystem from here on out.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Drew also thinks MDMA puts literal holes in your brain. His takes are dumb and reactionary as gently caress.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

You used to be so cool, man.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Remember how he claimed Hillary was on the verge of death during the campaign? Or how he was taking money under the table from a drug manufacturer to promote their product on Loveline?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Niwrad posted:

Remember how he claimed Hillary was on the verge of death during the campaign? Or how he was taking money under the table from a drug manufacturer to promote their product on Loveline?

and how he was, for whatever reason, an expert on casey anthony

PrettyhateM
Apr 17, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsVRA485Go0

I am glad someone compiled all of his comments on covid.... I have been hearing his nonsense for the last month on this.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

PrettyhateM posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsVRA485Go0

I am glad someone compiled all of his comments on covid.... I have been hearing his nonsense for the last month on this.

The weasel filed a copyright claim to take it down.

He is getting absolutely dragged on Twitter right. Is and trending.

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1246471349389930496?s=19

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jordan Uhl's tweet got unavailable'd. What was it?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

Jordan Uhl's tweet got unavailable'd. What was it?

A collection of clips of Dr. Drew saying coronavirus was no big deal well into March.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

lol gently caress Dr Drew, goddamn. I used to think he was legit.

Mask has been off for a minute though, I just never realized I guess. Celebrity Rehab should have been a huge warning flag. Or getting kickbacks to push drugs.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

lol gently caress Dr Drew, goddamn. I used to think he was legit.

Mask has been off for a minute though, I just never realized I guess. Celebrity Rehab should have been a huge warning flag. Or getting kickbacks to push drugs.

or that dumb buttered coffee he was hocking

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Dr. Drew admits he was wrong.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahaha I never saw his comments:

quote:

He also says in the video that your chances of dying from coronavirus are lower than being “hit by an asteroid.”

Only one person in recorded history has ever been hit by a meteorite. What a loving idiot.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Also he says "if they need me on the front lines, I'll go." Uh, I'm pretty sure they need every doctor they can get.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
What a weak rear end apology (and, not to be dramatic but what he did was bad enough that a even a good apology would be borderline moot). If you work in a hospital and and want Dr. Drew to show up to help, just put a camera in the corner.

bartok
May 10, 2006

pangstrom posted:

What a weak rear end apology (and, not to be dramatic but what he did was bad enough that a even a good apology would be borderline moot). If you work in a hospital and and want Dr. Drew to show up to help, just put a camera in the corner.

and a fat check from GlaxoSmithKline to talk about how Wellbutrin can cure corona.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Oh Adam and Drew, how the mighty have fallen.

Were they always poo poo and the internet just made it easier to find out or did they actually become poo poo in exchange for that sweet cash?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Here is the video he has been trying to get scrubbed from the web:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1246472340243767296

He is also threatening people who retweet the video. Just an unbearable sack of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1246640991378894850

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Some celebrities fade so loving bad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Odddzy posted:

Some celebrities fade so loving bad.

I think it's the success/money makes them think they're unstoppable. Look at how much of a psycho Scott Adams is out in the open.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Here is the video he has been trying to get scrubbed from the web:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1246472340243767296

He is also threatening people who retweet the video. Just an unbearable sack of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1246640991378894850

Haha him agreeing with the caller who said it’s called COVID-19 so there must have been at least 18 of them before. So loving stupid

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yoo, I just found out from Bill Simmons podcast that Daves of Thunder is back. It actually has been back for a while and I never noticed. Listen to it if you like Dave Dameshek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

i had to see this so now you get to as well

https://twitter.com/adamcarolla/status/1296660812208041985?s=20

Based on the last couple of days of tweets I have no idea what his take on covid is