Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Ms Adequate posted:

but if he needs like a CT scan of his lungs or whatever then I think that's hospital gear only.

"Admitted to the hospital" usually doesn't mean you went in for a quick test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

if I was a NHS doctor or a nurse dealing with bojo right now let me tell you I'd be breaking out the ethical philosophy books

I'd be figuring out how to jam one end of the tube down his trachea and the other up his arse

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Trying to score the perfect goal, just shoot.

Trades
Aug 3, 2013
Yeah there aren’t really ‘tests’ that would require admission, this suggests an oxygen requirement. So moderate to severe disease, likely to be in there a while, best case.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

The PM is not being admitted to hospital for 'tests'. He can get oxygen in place in the flat if necessary. He's getting tubed for almost definite.

Also, much as I despise the man I don't think him dying is likely to be 'good'. Not when you look at who is likely to replace him, and how much it'd deflect attention from the absolute disaster that has been the UK Rona Respose.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'd be figuring out how to jam one end of the tube down his trachea and the other up his arse

that would likely be the end result of breaking out the books, yes

Chinese Gordon posted:

Also, much as I despise the man I don't think him dying is likely to be 'good'.

No, but it would be extremely funny, for me

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

The political bottom of this situation is Boris Johnson having to announce over 1000 deaths in the last 24 hours because he didn't think doing anything about it was important so yeah having his plague ridden bloated corpse burned for public safety is a desirable goal but also him getting alive in time to have to do a daily briefing is a really good win as well.

So even when he survives we need to loving rinse his rear end for not ever doing a briefing again until after the peak.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

ThomasPaine posted:

if I was a NHS doctor or a nurse dealing with bojo right now let me tell you I'd be breaking out the ethical philosophy books
Are they large and heavy?

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

No, but it would be extremely funny, for me

And me, also

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Chinese Gordon posted:

The PM is not being admitted to hospital for 'tests'. He can get oxygen in place in the flat if necessary. He's getting tubed for almost definite.

Statistically, no, a man his age is more likely to escape the ICU.

However, he is a fat drunk slob

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Chinese Gordon posted:

Also, much as I despise the man I don't think him dying is likely to be 'good'. Not when you look at who is likely to replace him, and how much it'd deflect attention from the absolute disaster that has been the UK Rona Respose.

It would let the Tories neatly draw a line under the 'herd immunity' thing by getting to spend the next few years talking up Boris as a martyr to his own 'misjudgement'.

So long as Boris is alive, the government still own that terrible decision. How much of a deal our media make of it is another question entirely.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NAx3tsy-k

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Lambert posted:

"Admitted to the hospital" usually doesn't mean you went in for a quick test.

Right, that was what I was trying to say - it's unlikely to be just a quick wee test or scan because he was admitted overnight.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Whilst it probably wouldn't be good, and may in fact be verging on bad if bojo died, it would be incredibly funny

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
So if the Guardian knew Boris was properly ill and refusing to admit it publicly, then the rest of the lobby also knew, so what is the loving point of any of them?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Total Meatlove posted:

So if the Guardian knew Boris was properly ill and refusing to admit it publicly, then the rest of the lobby also knew, so what is the loving point of any of them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_breakdown_of_the_2019_United_Kingdom_general_election

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Chinese Gordon posted:

Boris exiting likely means the end of Cummings' authority and while BJ's potential replacements are unpleasant they definitely don't have the same kind of support that he does.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
He's just going in for observation and if his condition declines overnight someone's there with the kit immediately to intubate him

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
wonder if the BBC will write an article about whether it really matters that he died because he might have died of something else at some point anyway

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Total Meatlove posted:

to manufacture consent? I thought we were all on the same page there

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Total Meatlove posted:

Their social club prospers, that's the whole point of all of it.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

I am extremely strapped in for this wild ride

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Is it true that Starmers first op-ed after becoming leader was for The Times and it was literally pay-walled?

I feel like Twitter is tricking me on this and I'm maybe missing the joke but if that actually happened then loving lol I apologise to the swole anarchists you guys were right.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/hopeformyself90/status/1246916756599341056?s=20

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
Wow, I know this thread has its tongue firmly up labours arse and will dog-pile death threats on anyone that supports anyone else but wishing the PM dead in the middle of a pandemic is loving pathetic.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Jeremy Corbyn just retweeted this, right now lmao

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Sonderval posted:

Wow, I know this thread has its tongue firmly up labours arse and will dog-pile death threats on anyone that supports anyone else but wishing the PM dead in the middle of a pandemic is loving pathetic.

That's some extremely tired and weak trolling. You can do better.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Doccykins posted:

He's just going in for observation and if his condition declines overnight someone's there with the kit immediately to intubate him

He's PM and they will be taking every precaution if he's just been ill for 7 days but admission is still a real step down in terms of treatment so somebody with medical knowledge is worried about his prognosis at least.

Vitamin P posted:

Is it true that Starmers first op-ed after becoming leader was for The Times and it was literally pay-walled?

I feel like Twitter is tricking me on this and I'm maybe missing the joke but if that actually happened then loving lol I apologise to the swole anarchists you guys were right.

No you're right lol. He's a shitshow and there's no upside.

namesake fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 5, 2020

Trades
Aug 3, 2013
I know he’s the prime minister but home oxygen is generally not used in acute illness. Both practically, given the safety checks etc, and clinically as at that point people benefit from a more monitored environment.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Sonderval posted:

lmao

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sonderval posted:

Wow, I know this thread has its tongue firmly up labours arse

It really doesn't.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

knox_harrington posted:

Boris exiting likely means the end of Cummings' authority and while BJ's potential replacements are unpleasant they definitely don't have the same kind of support that he does.

Yeah the public execution of the CumDom would be entertaining, but there's a real danger that would allow the Tories to just blame everything on him and escape the disaster realtively politically unscathed. They need to own this and pay the price.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Sonderval posted:

lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure what could bring the UK's response into sharper relief than the man directing it literally dying of his own stupidity.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DownNumber/status/1246909944185720834?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bardeh posted:

Jeremy Corbyn just retweeted this, right now lmao

If Jeremy goes on to use his platform to start a fruitful late career in shitposting it's certainly going to make the next few years a little brighter.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Sonderval posted:

I'm not actively wishing him dead but it's his decisions that got us all here and they might also end up killing people I care about, so if he does die I won't give a single gently caress

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

That's what I was waiting for

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

YES

Guavanaut please find a way to make this video the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It is a significant point that Carrie Symonds has almost certainly contracted the virus from Boris. And she's pregnant. But she hasn't been tested, has she? Because she is not important to him.