Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:argh::
"I am not attacking any of you for your opinions on Star Citizen, I am attacking you because you can't seem to criticize anything without being disingenuous, willfully misleading or outright lying.

There is literally nobody here that is pissed off because you don't like Star Citizen. Not a single soul. You can dislike it as much as you want, I don't give a loving poo poo. Nobody does.

What I care about is that the internet is being abused by ignorant people who think that acting in bad faith is acceptable behavior. Under normal circumstances people like you would be ostracized because you're saboteurs with a heavy negative emotional investment that just wants to gently caress things up for other people and generally just make a loving stink, but due to the size and nature of the internet that is pretty much not possible."

Signed,

A very normal dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Agony Aunt posted:

"and the system requirements will keep going up"

Dear loving gods. Do they want people to (eventually) play the game or not?

I mean, except for people like Mr. VR chat man roleplaying as hentai tentacle girl...

The thing is Star Citizen doesn’t even look on par with modern games anymore, but it still runs like poo poo because it’s horribly optimized and there’s a bullet sitting at the bottom of your spaceman’s magazine that is being fully rendered with a gazillion polygons.

Dementropy posted:

:argh::
"I am not attacking any of you for your opinions on Star Citizen, I am attacking you because you can't seem to criticize anything without being disingenuous, willfully misleading or outright lying.

There is literally nobody here that is pissed off because you don't like Star Citizen. Not a single soul. You can dislike it as much as you want, I don't give a loving poo poo. Nobody does.

What I care about is that the internet is being abused by ignorant people who think that acting in bad faith is acceptable behavior. Under normal circumstances people like you would be ostracized because you're saboteurs with a heavy negative emotional investment that just wants to gently caress things up for other people and generally just make a loving stink, but due to the size and nature of the internet that is pretty much not possible."

Signed,

A very normal dude

“It’s fine to dislike my space game, but anyone who dislikes it is a liar and saboteur who should be run off of the internet.”

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 5, 2020

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
BigFryTV: "This Co-op Space game is MORE FUN than Star Citizen LOL - Introducing Star Trek: Bridge Crew - Is Star Trek Bridge Crew a more enjoyable experience than Star Citizen? Let's Discuss!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6spR1JdhfZw

:laffo:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SabinBlitz posted:

Final Fantasy 6 is the best FF and I will fight all of you to the death on this topic. Sephiroth is a BITCH compared to Kefka.

The heroes of FF7 gently caress up so many times and still manage to save the world. The heroes from FF6 do everything right and the loving bad guy is still able to nuke the world. Absolutely shattered me as a kid when I played it. And the story afterward of the heroes trying to pick themselves back up is masterpiece FF in it's purest form. Come at me bros.

Can't comment on 6 as i never played it, but i enjoyed both 7 and 8, although i preferred the magic system in 7. Story wise... well, i got a chuckle out of both. Also chocobo breeding and racing in 7 was fun.

Triple Triad was also pretty fun in 8. I made a version of it for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World i devved for.

This is an early ALPHA version of what i made. Final version was better. I never actually recorded a game once we implemented it... presumably someone did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nizoiSXsjg8

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"saboteurs" lmao

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fatkraken posted:

6 is best because you can suplex a train :colbert:

But is the final boss an evil tree? I think not!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Agony Aunt posted:

"and the system requirements will keep going up"

Dear loving gods. Do they want people to (eventually) play the game or not?

I mean, except for people like Mr. VR chat man roleplaying as hentai tentacle girl...

I have bad news for you, he's retired from streaming as a hentai tentacle girl

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Quavers posted:

BigFryTV: "This Co-op Space game is MORE FUN than Star Citizen LOL

The list of things less fun than SC is pretty short. Marburg, testicular torsion, degloving, and food from Subway basically.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

The Spirits Within film was the best Final Fantasy

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Quavers posted:

The Spirits Within film was the best Final Fantasy

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

Are the lines perpendicular?

What does the Projectmanager say?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Torquemada posted:

The list of things less fun than SC is pretty short. Marburg, testicular torsion, degloving, and food from Subway basically.

Is Derek Smart's Line of Defense more or less fun than Chris Roberts Star Citizen?

That's the real $350 million dollar and 8 years question.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trucutru posted:

Yeah, the willingness of Japanese developers to add completely absurd poo poo into their "very serious business" RPGs in that period makes them charming. Sure let's invade this biochemical weapon factory and oh nooooo, we're being attacked by frogs with parasols!

But for music nothing beats FFX in that it's the game that somehow manages to contains these two themes and make both work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0G_FI61a8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GepZ5hM3nTw

I remember laughing my rear end off at the second one the first time I heard it.

drat you, man, now I started playing whole OST on YT, the next thing I'll know will be buying it on Steam as remaster and losing hundreds of hours in it!

As Tidus would say:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

drat you, man, now I started playing whole OST on YT, the next thing I'll know will be buying it on Steam as remaster and losing hundreds of hours in it!

As Tidus would say:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Have you already found the official remixes they have made for the record keeper mobile game? Those rock.

Here is the battle theme medley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ngI_uC-2o

(the complete tonal shift when it hits VII is very noticeable)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 5, 2020

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kosumo posted:

Is Derek Smart's Line of Defense more or less fun than Chris Roberts Star Citizen?

That's the real $350 million dollar and 8 years question.

I don't think Roberts has an Escape key.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

We are 5 days away from Final Fantasy VII Remake and I’m genuinely excited to play it.

Also: Star Citizen is bad. That is all.

Sure hope none of these characters get run through with a twenty foot long sword. But what are the odds of that? :ohdear:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Looks like one of those fur traders hunting one of those black ferrets.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Torquemada posted:

It’s going to be even more meta: SC is going to be the development they did along the way. When the actual game releases in twenty years time, it’ll be a sequel to itself. Star Citizen 2: This Time, It’s Playable!

I hope by playable you mean you can fast forward, rewind, and replay a wide variety of YouTube videos.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bumble He posted:

“star citizen isnt being built to run on modern high end PCs“

yeah thats true. that statement was true in 2013, it is true now, and it will still be true in 2025.
because it will never be ready for release.
because cig does not exist in the here and now and also not in what we call reality.

you know microsoft should just skip the next console generation.
its not powerful enough anyway. why are they even bothering with this toy?
why not skip the next generation and instead crowdfund some money for the succesor.

why is anyone still releasing anything? it.will always be overshadowed by what comes next anyway! cig is the only company that understood its better to push back your product for all eternity and thus always win every comparison.

The real meaning of this is actually "code so bad, only future PCs will be able to run it fast enough to get through the sloppy architecture and bad technological decisions."

It's not future proof, it's just poo poo. :shrug:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 5, 2020

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

precision posted:

Squadron 42 Episode 1 will be an hour long and will consist of your character standing in a crowd while Gary Oldman gives the speech. You'll be able to fidget and blink which will have a dynamic effect on the attitude your squadmates have towards you. Fidelity.

I look forward to reading the walkthrough for Squadron 42. Fifty lines of text consisting of "Walk forward while the character talks at you until the next cutscene triggers. Don't move too far from the cutscene or it will glitch out and you will not be able to continue! When prompted to do something, choose "Stay Frosty" and wait until the next cutscene finishes. Walk to the quest marker to trigger the next cutscene" repeated over and over.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
The lucky thing about Star Citizen though is that it's not just "my pc" that needs and upgrade, it's whole systems of internet and networking architecture.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

The lucky thing about Star Citizen though is that it's not just "my pc" that needs and upgrade, it's whole systems of internet and networking architecture.

That's because they're planning ahead!

This is one of the most overused and tired excuse tropes in the history of programming. It's zero surprise that Citizens take it at face value.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SabinBlitz posted:

Final Fantasy 6 is the best FF and I will fight all of you to the death on this topic. Sephiroth is a BITCH compared to Kefka.

The heroes of FF7 gently caress up so many times and still manage to save the world. The heroes from FF6 do everything right and the loving bad guy is still able to nuke the world. Absolutely shattered me as a kid when I played it. And the story afterward of the heroes trying to pick themselves back up is masterpiece FF in it's purest form. Come at me bros.

I’m in the “no bests, only favorites” camp on Final Fantasy titles, but there’s no doubting VI was one of the greats.

My favorites are probably IV, VII and definitely X. But VII has aged so poorly, which is why I’m so stoked about a reboot.

The Titanic posted:

Sure hope none of these characters get run through with a twenty foot long sword. But what are the odds of that? :ohdear:

:lol::lol::lol:

trucutru posted:

Yeah, the willingness of Japanese developers to add completely absurd poo poo into their "very serious business" RPGs in that period makes them charming. Sure let's invade this biochemical weapon factory and oh nooooo, we're being attacked by frogs with parasols!

But for music nothing beats FFX in that it's the game that somehow manages to contains these two themes and make both work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0G_FI61a8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GepZ5hM3nTw

I remember laughing my rear end off at the second one the first time I heard it.

Exactly that. Right from the opening cinematic, FFX puts the pedal to the metal. It’s so :lol: my ingrained cynicism just melted away.

“Hell ya this is gonna kick rear end!”

Agony Aunt posted:

This is an early ALPHA version of what i made. Final version was better. I never actually recorded a game once we implemented it... presumably someone did.

Sweet!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I thought FF7 held up pretty well, actually. The story has some neat quirks.

It does have this empty world problem that a lot of FF games do, where the game keeps you from fully exploring and then when you can most of the planet is barren. FF7 I recall having this the most strongly. I hope the remake fixes that a little, but I'm waiting til it's finished for fear it'll go the way the Eva remake went. Or just episodic gaming in general.

The visuals are insanely dated and actually a huge step down from FF6 once you're not "wow 3d!" but some stuff is still pretty cool looking and imaginative.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Can't comment on 6 as i never played it, but i enjoyed both 7 and 8, although i preferred the magic system in 7. Story wise... well, i got a chuckle out of both. Also chocobo breeding and racing in 7 was fun.

Triple Triad was also pretty fun in 8. I made a version of it for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World i devved for.

You developed mods for games? Who do you think you are, some kind of Toejam impersonator?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Astroniomix posted:

It's worth mentioning that the FF games tend to be fun to play as well.

Are they? I love FF6 but not for the actual gameplay, which is about as fun as navigating a DVD menu.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Bootcha posted:

Basically, a little blip in the history of this shitshow, there was a kickstarter for a llama farm. I don't remember if it was Cali local or elsewhere. The CIG account, that made the Star Citizen kickstarter on Kickstarter, pledged to this llama farm. It's alleged that it was Sandi's doing.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

JUST WTF ....

I cant believe any of this is real anymore

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:reddit: 4 years ago CIGs art director wanted to give players Hexacode 3 color ship customization but y'all are willing to pay $20 for the color white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFg_dkqIuVs

:shepspends: yep. i should have posted "inb4 someone justifies making money off it" before i watched the video, but... welcome to the star citizen community. we are not only willing to spend money, we want to spend money, even if that means we don't get features

:psyboom:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Basically, a little blip in the history of this shitshow, there was a kickstarter for a llama farm. I don't remember if it was Cali local or elsewhere. The CIG account, that made the Star Citizen kickstarter on Kickstarter, pledged to this llama farm. It's alleged that it was Sandi's doing.

I may be remembering through rose color glasses, but I seem to recall Sandi issuing an apology for forgetting to log out of the kickstarter account while browsing things she wanted to throw money at

And she got a sweet llama fur sweater out of it

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Thank you for your recent transaction on Steam.
The items below have been added to your Steam Library.
If you are new to Steam, you can get the free Steam application here.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster

Screw you, thread, see you in a month. Or three.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
star citizen: the internet is being abused by ignorant people

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Quavers posted:

:reddit: 4 years ago CIGs art director wanted to give players Hexacode 3 color ship customization but y'all are willing to pay $20 for the color white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFg_dkqIuVs

:shepspends: yep. i should have posted "inb4 someone justifies making money off it" before i watched the video, but... welcome to the star citizen community. we are not only willing to spend money, we want to spend money, even if that means we don't get features

:psyboom:

Star Citizen: we want to spend money, even if that means we don't get features

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue On Blue posted:

My life is ruined!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

You developed mods for games? Who do you think you are, some kind of Toejam impersonator?

Hey! Those config files don't write themselves!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blue On Blue posted:

What kind of hentai character does he now stream as?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

trucutru posted:

What kind of hentai character does he now stream as?

Oh no! I just checked his Twitter and he has a long rambling video about how he’s retiring from streaming all together. He’s in tears for half of it, while thanking his streaming “family”, dear god what a mess. Apparently he just doesn’t have enough time to keep up with it and his audience was niche upon niche to put it mildly.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

*reads 300 posts*

It's 2020 and citizens are up to the same poo poo

Wow

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

colonelwest posted:

Oh no! I just checked his Twitter and he has a long rambling video about how he’s retiring from streaming all together. He’s in tears for half of it, while thanking his streaming “family”, dear god what a mess. Apparently he just doesn’t have enough time to keep up with it and his audience was niche upon niche to put it mildly.

trust fund cut him off

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

colonelwest posted:

But Miku...

What about the legion of fans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

colonelwest posted:

Holy gently caress, this guy was still streaming?