Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Jerusalem posted:

"Before I know it, they'll add a crime I didn't commit to the ones I actually did!"

He was responsible for World War One, though. The assasination of Franz Ferdinand has Newspaper Spider-Man written all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Johnny Walker posted:

There he goes! Flying away in his submarine to his undersea kingdom!

Wait what about that kid?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

David D. Davidson posted:

Wait what about that kid?

Namor brought him up there solely to have the UN representatives gawk at a little kid writhing in pain. Do you really think hes all that concerned about him?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The child's family follow the wrong branch of the Atlantean church and as such he is an entirely expendable resource.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I like the suggestion that Namor will be back in 24 hours after declaring the oceans off-limits, but that no other superhero is actually gonna bother to show up to do anything about it other than Spider-Man.

Johnny Walker posted:

There he goes! Flying away in his submarine to his undersea kingdom!

God I love this strip so much.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, Spidey read that book too

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm glad he mentioned "crime in the street" so he could at least go 1-for-3 for problems local cops can do anything about.

Also I just really like this panel out of context:

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Spiderman to New York, "Drop Dead!"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

And here we see the origins of Spider-man's nemesis. When his family was brutally smashed, the brick would go on to assail Peter at every turn.

Also, uuuh, Peter, you can jump good. And possibly reload your webshooter. Why not just swing or jump away? Also why are you breaking INTO the building?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he thinks nice guy is also smart guy, and he's not having any of it.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
On one hand...seeing the protector FINALLY get his poo poo epicly handed by spidey is awesome...but that doesn't change the fact that this entire arc feels like it was 90% just filler to pad out time.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Saoshyant posted:

JJJ was right, Spidey is a menace

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lobok posted:

I'm glad he mentioned "crime in the street" so he could at least go 1-for-3 for problems local cops can do anything about.

Also I just really like this panel out of context:

I want spiders. Spiders of men!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Fantastic Four? Avengers (of which you are not a part)?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Peter still hasn't teamed up with a much more competent hero in this arc so here's hoping

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

Fantastic Four? Avengers (of which you are not a part)?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Saoshyant posted:

...minus zero? Isn't this guy a scientist?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Did you see how he stole that poor man's motorcycle and damaged that building when lashing out in a fit of rage?"
"Yeah, well from now on it's 'No more Mr. Nice Guy' from Spider-Man!"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ah yes, SWAT-members, well known for letting strangers roam free during high-profile arrests.

Then again I can't really fault Stan for not knowing SWAT procedure (or markings for that matter) during that comics run.

Still there is something to be said about a man almost defeated by a whip-wielding faux cowboy managing to easily outwit a squad of cops.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
This is the 80s, Peter is lucky they didn't arrest him for being Spider-Man.

They don't realise he actually is until nobody admits to planting the costume on him.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Those would be some awesome photos though.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
I'm trying to figure out if bird that poo poo on his head in panel two is part of the sub-mariner's aerial armada.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Next costume DLC for the Spider-Man game?!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The Bombastic Bag-Man has been in almost every game. I'm pretty sure it was in the new one from launch? I vaguely remember it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm just joking because fans of the game endlessly demand and wish for every costume variation ever. But yes, there is the FF Bag-Man costume in the game already.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 6, 2020

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
yeah i gotta say i kinda dig this version of the bag costume

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Nah, I like the one with the FF jumper better. Also, the requisite 'Kick Me' sign that Johnny Storm taped on.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Snackmar posted:

yeah i gotta say i kinda dig this version of the bag costume

With the amount of detail they put into the last game I would expect the occasional "Augh!" out of him whenever one of the shoes swung around and beaned himself in the face.
Which *would* happen, constantly, as much flipping as he does while webslinging.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Why did he take his shoes off? Is it because he can only stick to buildings if his skin touches them? But if that's true, how can he do it in his spiderman costume?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

At least Spider-man helped his aunt. :unsmith:

Epicurius posted:

Why did he take his shoes off? Is it because he can only stick to buildings if his skin touches them? But if that's true, how can he do it in his spiderman costume?

The spidey costume fabric is thin and does not interfere with his stickiness, but a thick leather shoe heel would.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This would be I think the first of three Bag-Man costumes? If the strip is from 1980. Chronologically, the third is what should be rightfully called the Bombastic Bag-Man costume, not the one with the FF suit.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 6, 2020

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Any time he's wearing a paper bag is the Bombastic outfit. It's very versatile.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jonah and Robbie discuss recent events as across town a suspenders-clad Peter elicits confusion when he tries to sell some pictures to an 'Ameson Blisher'.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"What was that saying Uncle Ben had again?... Oh yeah, with great power comes great riches!" :homebrew:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Peter you uh, you forgot to put your suspenders under your shirt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo does she have to say,"Listen Spider-Ma... I mean Peter, I wanna bone!" before he gets it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo does she have to say,"Listen Spider-Ma... I mean Peter, I wanna bone!" before he gets it?

She have to make a sign with very large letters (with illustrations) in order for him to get it.