Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

aew exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WWE spent a long time telling its viewers that it IS wrestling and a lot of them believe it. EMF made the exact same argument in the WWE thread a couple of weeks ago.

Also no one seems to be reading the "wrestling in" part of that.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

WWE spent a long time telling its viewers that it's sports entertainment, so I don't see why their marks are so threatened by a wrestling company. They're clearly not the same thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Also no one seems to be reading the "wrestling in" part of that.

I did, and have been consistent with my belief that if wrestling (which survived before Vince and HHH) cannot survive without Vince and HHH, I'm okay with it not surviving. As is, it doesn't stand a chance With them anyway (see the state of Britwres in the NXTUK era)

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Please make the thread title "Enjoy Your Boneyard".

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well when you put something like 75% of all marketable wrestlers under one banner, proceed not to use them productively(if at all) then you wonder why your popularity dries up, you deserve everything that happens to you.

Wrestling is a solved problem. WWE is actively doing their best to unsolve the problem. They deserve to die.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Shazza_McKenzie/status/1246944900064505857

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

She’s been showing up a lot lately

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Hopkins FBI posted:

Please make the thread title "Enjoy Your Boneyard".

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/notrachem/status/1246950217959616520

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Has this person ever heard of a little known wrestler by the name of Asuka?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Remember when Charlotte moved to NXT & the ratings went down? Clearly this means that Charlotte is a huge star that needed to go over.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NXT needs a top heel and Charlotte vs. Io will be sweet

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Eat My Fuc posted:

They’ve been forced to do multi woman matches for months because they already have too many wrestlers there. I dunno, maybe elevate one of them first. Or at least try? They didn’t have a main heel for years because of Shayna but she’s gone now and they made no effort to replace her.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Honest question for the audience, when was Charlotte last good match? I ask because everything I've seen of her in the last year has been very terrible.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They are 200% going to job Io out to Charlotte and probably mortally wound her heel gimmick in the process

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JT Smiley posted:

Honest question for the audience, when was Charlotte last good match? I ask because everything I've seen of her in the last year has been very terrible.

Probably the last objectively great match she was in was the one-on-one against Ronda Rousey when she subbed in for Becky who was concussed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JT Smiley posted:

She’s had okay matches at best but she’s a 6 treated like a 10 by the WWE.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's just insane to me that they will literally sacrifice any and all the women on the roster to the altar of Charlotte Flair. First it was Sasha, then Bayley, then Asuka, then Becky, and then Kairi, and now Rhea. Really the only reason Becky got so over in the first place was the fact that the fans outright rejected her heel turn because Charlotte was so unlikable in their feud.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ASolidBPlus/status/1246968061724258306

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

They’ve been forced to do multi woman matches for months because they already have too many wrestlers there. I dunno, maybe elevate one of them first. Or at least try? They didn’t have a main heel for years because of Shayna but she’s gone now and they made no effort to replace her.

Charlotte replaced her

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

No-one on the main roster would be a better fit for the developmental brand famous for valuing match quality than someone who has had maybe one debatably decent match in the past 2 years and has seriously hurt people on at least one occasion.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

fuckin lmao

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Charlotte replaced her
Making new stars

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Shazza_McKenzie/status/1246946344909979655

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1246948634475679744

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Does that Satin guy ever have anything negative to say about WWE ever?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They pay him to be non-controversial

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ryan satin is what the kids call a simp. lmao what little fuckin bootlick. So tiny.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I hate the term simp, but gently caress me that's a perfect way to describe that guy.

"Can you believe how selfless Vince was for bringing those stupid mallets on his private jet? He's so brave!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JT Smiley posted:

Does that Satin guy ever have anything negative to say about WWE ever?

If they tell him to I'm sure he will.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

ryan satin is what the kids call a simp.

I only just found out about that word's modern slang meaning and I loving hate it so please don't use it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

but can i call vince mcmahon an e-girl

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
As an AEW fan who wants AEW to do well in the ratings, I'm extremely hyped for Charlotte Flair returning to NXT.

Also I'm here in the thread for the WWE fans who will respond to "eh it wasn't for me" with "WHAT NOT TOKYO DOME ENOUGH FOR YOU?!" re: Funhouse Match

MJeff fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 6, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yea, I'm sure that Charlotte burying the entire NXT women's division is going to be super sweet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yea, I'm sure that Charlotte burying the entire NXT women's division is going to be super sweet.

Do people want realism in their wrestling or not? The major leaguer should crush the minor leaguers 9 out of 10 times.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Eat My Fuc posted:

I thought Io WAS NXT's top heel?

I was actually hoping Bianca would be the one who would feud with and beat Charlotte but she's gotten called up apparently... which is probably for the best.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Probably the last objectively great match she was in was the one-on-one against Ronda Rousey when she subbed in for Becky who was concussed.

Yeah, that, her Asuka match in December, and the TLC match with Asuka and Becky are her last ones to get ***3/4+ from Uncle Dave.

Early voters on Cagematch are falling over themselves to praise the Rhea match, with the rating on that being her highest since the TLC match (and higher than the Rousey one!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Rhea match was OK, but the first half of it dragged and was not good, and the second half I thought had some pretty notable flaws even aside from the obvious wrong ending. It was not blown away.