Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
BOOM

Have you guys found out why the gently caress akion closed previous thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

it sucked

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Died to bullshit hipfiring.

Sorry...point shooting. From the hip.

Edit: btw, watched a new video about strength leveling today. Apparently one of the new strength leveling strats is to load 4 docs cases full of SAS drives in your Gamma and roll with the crowbar. This gets you above the strength leveling threshold and for every 25 minutes (or so) of walking, you get a point of strength.

gently caress leveling skills.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 31, 2020

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

it's from the shoulder actually

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
https://www.dexerto.com/escape-from-tarkov/escape-from-tarkov-changes-and-new-features-coming-in-next-update-1347448

Next update will supposedly improve stuttering, which along with cheating, is my #1 priority in this game. Next patch, 12.5, will also focus on performance issues and an option to quick heal at the end of the raid. I'm glad they are focusing on stability and performance issues right now and not just throwing more content out. Curious what the quick heal feature will look like, because right now all it takes to heal is the the "heal all" button on your grizzly kit.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I think it'll let you just pay Therapist directly to heal you.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Hazdoc posted:

I've copied all the files and the launcher just did an integrity check and i was good to go

Ok cool.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to this running hopefully a bit better now I won't be on a 6 year old pc.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Ok cool.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to this running hopefully a bit better now I won't be on a 6 year old pc.

Let me know if it was worth it. Been thinking about upgrading my 2-year old PC. This and some dumb card games are like the only games I play, but when this game looks good, it really looks good and I might be interested in making it look that good.

Edit: has anyone gotten anything good off the Intelligence Folder scav runs? It's the longest run time of scav runs and I usually do Moonshine, but the first time I did it I get a yellow labs keycard, a USEC customs key and about 100k of other stuff, so at this point, it's been my best run with the scav junkbox. But since then, I haven't gotten much else. If I get a yellow labs keycard, I should theoretically be able to get a red labs keycard too, right?

My moonshine runs haven't been going well and I wanted to try something else. I'm curious what other people think is the best scav run option from the hideout.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 1, 2020

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
stuttering being fixed is going to be fantastic

ShowTime posted:

Died to bullshit hipfiring.

Sorry...point shooting. From the hip.

Edit: btw, watched a new video about strength leveling today. Apparently one of the new strength leveling strats is to load 4 docs cases full of SAS drives in your Gamma and roll with the crowbar. This gets you above the strength leveling threshold and for every 25 minutes (or so) of walking, you get a point of strength.

gently caress leveling skills.

I leveled strength up by taking a normal loadout, slapping on a trizip and putting 3 or 4 metal fuel tanks in there, depending on my loadouts weight (OP-SKS, 6BT3M rig, helmet + comtacs), to get to around 50kg. The breakpoint is 48.75, but it creeps up slightly as you gain strength (49kg is usually safe if you're only getting to level 3 strength). You can adjust by using a docs case with some car manuals in there if you're not at 49-50 kgs of weight. Fuel tanks are 3k empty, car manuals are super cheap too. SAS drives are like 38k, if you want a slightly more efficient way to pack your docs case. Then, run caches on interchange. Make sure you're always walking unless you have to run to get out of danger. As you fill up you bag, dump fuel tanks to keep yourself at 49+ kgs. Put some nades in for some guaranteed strength leveling too, if you want. Smoke grenades hardly make any noise, so throwing 1 or 2 at the start of a raid is about half a skillpoint. Most of the leveling occurs near the beginning of the run, so if you find good stuff in caches but need to dump weight to the point where you fall below 49 kgs, then just do it and enjoy the loot. Be sure to take stuff out of the caches, then put them back in if you're worried about getting a run-through, though you usually find at least 1 scav at checkpoint as you go through, or another player/pscav running caches as you go. I got about 10 skill points every 3 runs, and didn't die at all leveling from 2 to 3 (30 points). Made quite a bit of rubles too, enough to get myself a Red Rebel from Jaeger, finally.

You can run caches on shoreline, but in my experience shoreline has a lot more cache runners and extract campers. Interchange at night very rarely has sweaty people hitting caches.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 1, 2020

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ShowTime posted:

Let me know if it was worth it. Been thinking about upgrading my 2-year old PC. This and some dumb card games are like the only games I play, but when this game looks good, it really looks good and I might be interested in making it look that good.

Edit: has anyone gotten anything good off the Intelligence Folder scav runs? It's the longest run time of scav runs and I usually do Moonshine, but the first time I did it I get a yellow labs keycard, a USEC customs key and about 100k of other stuff, so at this point, it's been my best run with the scav junkbox. But since then, I haven't gotten much else. If I get a yellow labs keycard, I should theoretically be able to get a red labs keycard too, right?

My moonshine runs haven't been going well and I wanted to try something else. I'm curious what other people think is the best scav run option from the hideout.

I don't know if anyone has a complete list of whats possible at each tier. Or maybe the list is the same for all tiers your chances of rare loot are just higher with higher cost. Probably the former. Either way I had poo poo luck with the folders, but I run way more 70k and moonshine. Overall I'm up but it's due to a couple of really lucky runs on 70k.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

ShowTime posted:

Your 6k runs will turn a profit 99% of the time; I have been doing them since early in the patch and have only one had my scavs come back with less than it cost to deploy them. It's also not that rare to get very expensive 100k+ items in 6ks, but most of the time it's closer to 10-20. I have given up on 70ks and higher; there is a super rare chance to get things that sell for millions like an icepick, but under half of those runs were returning a profit.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

aniviron posted:

Your 6k runs will turn a profit 99% of the time; I have been doing them since early in the patch and have only one had my scavs come back with less than it cost to deploy them. It's also not that rare to get very expensive 100k+ items in 6ks, but most of the time it's closer to 10-20. I have given up on 70ks and higher; there is a super rare chance to get things that sell for millions like an icepick, but under half of those runs were returning a profit.

Honestly, not worried about a profit, I just want to play the lottery. I want the option that gives me the chance to get a red lab keycard or some poo poo. Right now i'm running the intelligence folder for a couple weeks to see what I get. I figure if I can get a yellow keycard and a decent key from the folder option, there is a chance for a red lab key card too. So i'll keep playing the lottery and see what happens. I've learned that it's impossible to be broke in this game (just bought my 5th THICC case and crafted my 8th SICC case because my OCD took over), so I want to spend my money as frivolously as possible.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I’ve been doing moonshine a couple times a day for weeks and only once or twice failed to at least break even. I have yet to hit a jackpot but consistent 300-500k pulls with one or two close to 1m.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
God do I love the MP-153 shotgun. I've been using AP slugs in it and it's devastating. I sniped a guy like 75m away and didn't even realize I killed him. I bounced since he spotted me and had a long range weapon.

It's definitely the best value gun. It costs under 100k, with decent ammo included, and kills people super quick.

Edit: Tomorrow Battlestate will start kicking high ping players. https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1245756328112513027

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 2, 2020

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Pestily had drops enabled for six hours today. Ten bitcoins, a fort high mobility and a pile of other stuff for leaving a browser tab open.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

TTerrible posted:

Pestily had drops enabled for six hours today. Ten bitcoins, a fort high mobility and a pile of other stuff for leaving a browser tab open.

Yeah I left it on and went to work. Came home to about 750k worth of stuff.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Gen 4, ash-12, 6 moonshines and a weapon case while I slept

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

ShowTime posted:

God do I love the MP-153 shotgun. I've been using AP slugs in it and it's devastating. I sniped a guy like 75m away and didn't even realize I killed him. I bounced since he spotted me and had a long range weapon.

It's definitely the best value gun. It costs under 100k, with decent ammo included, and kills people super quick.

Edit: Tomorrow Battlestate will start kicking high ping players. https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1245756328112513027

Hopefully this will quarantine the hackers to China in the near future. Cheap Vpns also tend increase ping so it will make it easier to squash them.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

SquirrelGrip posted:

Gen 4, ash-12, 6 moonshines and a weapon case while I slept

No gen4 or weapon case but I got 10 buttcoins so I got that going for me.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Wish i'd known about it. I would have idled for free poo poo. I barely watch streamers these days and I only like a few of the Tarkov ones. I've transistioned from people like Pestily, Klean or Anton to Worrun, FairTX and DevilDogGamer. I guess I just like their play styles and voices more than any one else. Their YouTube videos are a big part of why I watch them too.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I've just started watching Pestily. I like him because he's pretty laid back and doesn't sit and complain about the game or how people play it. DrLupo is enjoyable in small doses. It's crazy how some of them scav in with a mosin pistol and walk out with 2mil worth of gear. It's almost depressing knowing I'll never be that good.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

twig1919 posted:

Hopefully this will quarantine the hackers to China in the near future. Cheap Vpns also tend increase ping so it will make it easier to squash them.

it wont make any difference lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the best tarkov content creator is this youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9z_gMqrepM

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

I've just started watching Pestily. I like him because he's pretty laid back and doesn't sit and complain about the game or how people play it. DrLupo is enjoyable in small doses. It's crazy how some of them scav in with a mosin pistol and walk out with 2mil worth of gear. It's almost depressing knowing I'll never be that good.

I like DrLupo too. I mean, I like all the streamers, I just eventually get bored watching some of them and move to others. My one complaint about Pestily is he can sometimes sound very condescending, but in his defense, I might sound that way if I had to engage with Twitch chat.

And people like DrLupo and Shroud play FPS games like, 60-80 hours a week at least. You'd be that good if you played that much. I'd actually put Worrun up there with them and I know he doesn't play that much. He's just an enigma or something. Dude can hit some insane shots.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Stux posted:

the best tarkov content creator is this youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9z_gMqrepM

Wow this is a good channel, thanks for the link.

I made a guide on how to level strength https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65jo4bgVac

Also this pistol which takes up 4 squares

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Jarf posted:

Wow this is a good channel, thanks for the link.

I made a guide on how to level strength https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65jo4bgVac

Also this pistol which takes up 4 squares

I'm annoyed that you can't put the big square suppressor on the full-auto Glock, I really wanted to do some Robocop action.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Finished tarkov shooter part seven finally.

On reserve, got pinged at weather tower so rotated around the map to the south east watch tower on beside the hills and locked bunkers near hole in the wall.

Heard gunfire and saw this guy.

He was feeling confident and stuck around zig zagging after I missed a couple of shots but I made it. I am happy I got to punish him for playing around that late (30~ mins into the raid).

Conversely when I went to check out the body five minutes later he had a buddy who killed me. I anticipated something like that but it's hard to win fights with a scoped mosin against geared players within 25 meters...

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Bucnasti posted:

I'm annoyed that you can't put the big square suppressor on the full-auto Glock, I really wanted to do some Robocop action.

The g18c has vents in the barrel and slide to help with recoil which means the suppressor wouldnt do much. Although I think the g17 barrel fits it so the ability to take the recoil penalty and add a suppressor would be nice.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I didn't do the tarkov shooter questline for any real 'reward' beyond it would be fun to buy archangel mosins and flex on people who don't have archangel mosins, but also that's a whole lot of work for a series of mods that are 'comparable' to an SV-98 but costs 2x the amount. I guess half the recoil is a huge deal, but ADS time is everything and having almost 50% more ergo at half the cost seems big.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Try using the SV98. It has a weird trigger delay that makes it nearly unusable against moving targets.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
On the other hand, detachable mags and can be mounted with just about any piece of modern optics straight out of the box.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I’m nowhere near done with the quest but I used archangel mosins for every step I’ve done so far. It’s a huge ergo improvement for like 25k and it comes with insane big operator energy. Much like the slenderman/crossbow combo, it is impossible to lose when you have an absolute aura of operator protecting you.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

causticBeet posted:

I’m nowhere near done with the quest but I used archangel mosins for every step I’ve done so far. It’s a huge ergo improvement for like 25k and it comes with insane big operator energy. Much like the slenderman/crossbow combo, it is impossible to lose when you have an absolute aura of operator protecting you.

:hmmyes:

excited to treat myself by running svds a lot this week.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

What's the word on accessing the API for Tarkov? I was thinking of writing a lil' algorithm that would sort my stash for me but if it's gonna get be banned then I won't bother.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Great Beer posted:

Try using the SV98. It has a weird trigger delay that makes it nearly unusable against moving targets.

Which is such a strange way to model a two stage trigger. It'd actually be sick if clicking was the first stage, and releasing was the second stage.

Like queuing up a charge attack :hellyeah:

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Jarf posted:

What's the word on accessing the API for Tarkov? I was thinking of writing a lil' algorithm that would sort my stash for me but if it's gonna get be banned then I won't bother.

This is cheating and you will be banned.

You can probably get away with data-mining but once it goes beyond that your playing with fire.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jarf posted:

There is a stash sorting button coming soon™

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

twig1919 posted:

You can probably get away with data-mining but once it goes beyond that your playing with fire.

I heard that using the api to just data-mine the flea market for display purposes only, not buying/selling bot, could get you banned. But maybe they're just more touchy about the market.

Speaking of, my favorite thing is to find a full fuel canister for like 4k because new people don't know any better. Also amused at people that either intentionally or accidentally list them empty for insanely high prices knowing they're just going to come back to them unsold.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i'm p sure if game engines had soundscapes by like 2000 then something must be wrong with my ears if i can't tell apart someone running on concrete above me from full sprinting down a corridor next to me... like is echo even a thing in russia??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Booty Pageant posted:

i'm p sure if game engines had soundscapes by like 2000 then something must be wrong with my ears if i can't tell apart someone running on concrete above me from full sprinting down a corridor next to me... like is echo even a thing in russia??

Thats why they're upgrading the sound engine.