Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Three Houses playtime varies wildly depending on how much you engage with all the monastary activities. Do everything all the time and recruit a lot and you'll hit 90 easy. Streamline poo poo and you can get in around 30. Nine playthroughs and 500 hours can't be wrong!

Also Remake look good.

Maybe not 500 hour good but hey, few things are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Biggs Wedge and Jessie all rule and I am loving dreading what's going to happen

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

McTimmy posted:

Maybe not 500 hour good but hey, few things are.

I honestly reckon this will be a 100 hour for me. I'm already excited to replay every chapter on hard and watch the cutscenes again. It's a gorgeous game and I feel like my combat stuff is really going to open up now since I've got loads of materia and AP. Can't wait to come up with some fun builds.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Huh I just realised I have this preordered physically from a shop that's only delivering, but the release day is Good Friday and there's no post, oops

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

no spoilers or anything but the back end of chapter 4 is dragging.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Shoehead posted:

Huh I just realised I have this preordered physically from a shop that's only delivering, but the release day is Good Friday and there's no post, oops

That's probably why Amazon says i'm getting it on the 11th.

They could have sent it on the 9th but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, that would be asking too much

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Any early copy folks know if the materias are purely deluxe version DLCs or are they obtainable elsewhere?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dell_Zincht posted:

That's probably why Amazon says i'm getting it on the 11th.

They could have sent it on the 9th but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, that would be asking too much

Ugh, yeah that'd explain it.

Considering Amazon UK has been given carte blanche to break street date it seems silly to delay it the extra day.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Can anyone repost that youtube let's play of the demo that went over the mechanics in detail? It was about an hour. I can't find it anymore.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Megasabin posted:

Can anyone repost that youtube let's play of the demo that went over the mechanics in detail? It was about an hour. I can't find it anymore.

The one from Chip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Ix_429YbM

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

That's the one. Thanks

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Finished it in 35 hours. I won't talk about the story since most of you won't be able to play it until Friday. The combat is hard as nails. Most bosses have an attack that can wipe your party unless you're standing in a safe spot, and in a lot of fights you're supposed to save your strongest attacks to hit a limb that's only targetable for a few seconds, otherwise you deal next to no damage. A lot of these strats can be learned through the Assess skill, but in a lot of cases you have to figure it out on your own, because even those descriptions are a bit coy. Hard mode sounds like a nightmare...
I love that the environments and character interactions were expanded. Some gimmicky sections are either too long or require more precision than they should. It's as if they took the criticisms of FFXV to hard and overcompensated.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm all for it if the game's design forces players to engage with its mechanics. There's an Easy mode anyway for people who aren't interested in the combat side of things.

Overall it sounds like the sidequests are kinda crappy but the actual meat of the product is very juicy indeed. Looking forward to the Friday drop.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
My current hope is that Easy/Classic move will let bad at games people like me, who played the original with a guide, enjoy this game :ohdear:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Spermando posted:

Finished it in 35 hours. I won't talk about the story since most of you won't be able to play it until Friday. The combat is hard as nails. Most bosses have an attack that can wipe your party unless you're standing in a safe spot, and in a lot of fights you're supposed to save your strongest attacks to hit a limb that's only targetable for a few seconds, otherwise you deal next to no damage. A lot of these strats can be learned through the Assess skill, but in a lot of cases you have to figure it out on your own, because even those descriptions are a bit coy. Hard mode sounds like a nightmare...
I love that the environments and character interactions were expanded. Some gimmicky sections are either too long or require more precision than they should. It's as if they took the criticisms of FFXV to hard and overcompensated.

I don't think I'll be playing on classic but I will definitely be playing on easy. Difficult combat just isn't something I am looking for in an FF game.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

DrNutt posted:

I don't think I'll be playing on classic but I will definitely be playing on easy. Difficult combat just isn't something I am looking for in an FF game.

It’s not for me either, but I’m actually glad it’s posing a challenge to people to like that sort of thing!

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I don't know if it gets old/annoying in the full game but that slow-motion effect during command selection is fantastic with all the particles and debris flying around in battle. Also my dumb rear end didn't even realize that characters have regular ATB-consuming command attacks other than magic when playing the demo. Battle system seems very good and I'm definitely going to play through on Normal to get the most of it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I think I died four times (all in the mid game), but every boss battle felt genuinely tough and I was using raise pretty frequently until I found all materia. Like yelling at the tv and analysing your action menu saying "I don't know how we're going to get out of this one Barret" difficulty.

Sapozhnik posted:

I don't know if it gets old/annoying in the full game but that slow-motion effect during command selection is fantastic with all the particles and debris flying around in battle.

It never gets old. It looks amazing and there are other musical touches to it.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

zakharov posted:

My current hope is that Easy/Classic move will let bad at games people like me, who played the original with a guide, enjoy this game :ohdear:

Everything I've seen so far indicates that Classic mode might even be *too* easy and is basically just for people that want to see the story without worrying about combat at all.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
To be fair, classic FF7 was like that too.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Clarste posted:

To be fair, classic FF7 was like that too.

Hey man there were a few tough bosses!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

zakharov posted:

Hey man there were a few tough bosses!

:argh: that mother loving wall!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trying to do the weapons without understanding their gimmick was a pain in the rear end.

Sure let me figure out that I need to start the fight with 2 of my team dead. That makes sense.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
you all didn't see poo poo

Onmi fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 6, 2020

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Did you mean to post that in the spoiler thread?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Very Cool!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hey Onmi you should put that in the spoiler thread bud

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
you stupid motherfucker

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad they went with a challenging combat difficulty, it will just make combat more enjoyable/fulfilling imo

edit: maybe just get a mod to edit that post

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Oxxidation posted:

you stupid motherfucker

A 300 pound sack of poo poo

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Hi! Haha! Crazy! Good thing no one saw poo poo that wasn't there to begin with!

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Review embargo is up.

Mywhatacleanturtle fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 6, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
My review based on the first hour and 48:
Guys, Sephiroth. This game has Sephiroth. You might have forgotten about Sephiroth so they make it very clear that Sephiroth is here in this game. The original game couldn't hold the true story of Sephiroth, so everything is Sephiroth now. Whenever Sephiroth isn't on screen on all the characters should be asking "Where's Sephiroth?". Final score: 10/10 Sephiroths.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Review embargo is up.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1247103119814733824

lol I can't believe the game is actually good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imagine reviewing this game now instead of waiting 12 years for the remaining episodes to come out.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine reviewing this game now instead of waiting 12 years for the remaining episodes to come out.

I'm imagining it, thinking of all the reviewers having a good time playing a good game right now instead of sitting on their hands like a dang fool.

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

I'm still have a theory that square hasn't forgotten about all the people that just wanted a faithful 1:1 remake. Had a thought like, they could do what they did with FFXV:PE and make a Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Pocket Edition kind of thing. That way everybody who has a switch can play ff7remake too, cause there's no way square will get this running on the switch as is. That way they can justify doing a smaller scale game with remade assets and new translation for all the people that never played the original or just want something exactly like the old game but better translated and remastered everything in 4k. Except I'm sure it'll still be awful cause they'll use like chunky chibi models for all the characters and monsters like ffXV:PE did and everyone will hate it.

Also I never actually played ffXV:PE so have no idea how it compares to XV other than the chibi models, I'm one of the weirdos that liked XV on release too.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

zakharov posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1247103119814733824

Yeah those numbers seem pretty good because I assume the nostalgia boost is outdone by the people being bitter about it not being 1:1.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

zakharov posted:

Yeah I'm 10 hours in and still not over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why would you be surprised that the game is good. It's a remake of what is already a very good game, some might even say one of the best RPGs ever made.

The more surprising thing is that it even came out to begin with.