Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
floating beautiful man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Straight White Shark posted:

I like how it plays into his thematic sin of pride in two ways, since in addition to his own sheer hubris he's also baiting every schmuck in the arena who thinks they're too good to sit this one out.

Everyone there is there because they think they're the one who's finally going to Do It.

They are not that person, and they are about to learn why.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

poor bastards dont know they're background characters

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

wiegieman posted:

Everyone there is there because they think they're the one who's finally going to Do It.

They are not that person, and they are about to learn why.

each of them has their own tragic backstories and reasons to believe they are the protagonists of reality

each of them is wrong

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this comic makes me horny in ways i didn't even know i was into

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Some random schmuck we've never seen before will somehow get a drop on Smug Dave, and get crowned the new King of One Seventh of Cosmos, and the comic will be about them from now on, which is why we're gonna hate Operant, because it was all a big shaggy dog story.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Taking over someone's else story as the new protagonist would be pretty Royal

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
okay dave now youre just showing off

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Tetracube posted:

is hrotomos the only pursuer confirmed still in? we haven't seen the others in background shots or anything

as abaddon discovered a while back, the fans would hate if he killed layla brimstone

We've seen a few of them in the tourney

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-96/
^ Layla, the tall grey dude with the werid head and the kappa type dude

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-98/
^ The red one armed dude, Ingsvald and I think the dude with the helmet over Ingsvald's shoulder may be meant to be one of Mottom's guards who became a pursuer at some point.

Cat Mattress posted:

Some random schmuck we've never seen before will somehow get a drop on Smug Dave, and get crowned the new King of One Seventh of Cosmos, and the comic will be about them from now on, which is why we're gonna hate Operant, because it was all a big shaggy dog story.

Finally, the peach garden massacre will be avenged!

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 5, 2020

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Fister Roboto posted:

Solomon David *is* the jeeps.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

team overhead smash posted:

We've seen a few of them in the tourney

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-96/
^ Layla, the tall grey dude with the werid head and the kappa type dude

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-98/
^ The red one armed dude, Ingsvald and I think the dude with the helmet over Ingsvald's shoulder may be meant to be one of Mottom's guards who became a pursuer at some point.

aw gently caress, they all gonna die for sure

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

The longer-running Pursuers might be more interested in Allison than Salami Dave, so it's not impossible that they stand still and let the other chumps do the dying.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Lights posted:

The longer-running Pursuers might be more interested in Allison than Salami Dave, so it's not impossible that they stand still and let the other chumps do the dying.

I'm curious to see how violators of the "don't attack other contestants" rule are handled

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
By Salami Dave.

Also, gently caress me this is 1) Really cool 2) Ridiculously OTT even now and 3) probably going to end in a big dead gold baby, isn't it?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The Pursuers regain their 108 total from the people who were foolish enough to enter the tournament but not so foolish as to waste a perfectly good payday by not standing still. Also from one of SD's guards, to maintain tradition.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The Pursuers regain their 108 total from the people who were foolish enough to enter the tournament but not so foolish as to waste a perfectly good payday by not standing still. Also from one of SD's guards, to maintain tradition.
also a gog

or two

or many

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
By the looks on their faces, I get the vibe that most of them entered the tournament to get a shot at Dave, not to get cash, so I guess we are going to see a lot of ultra violence.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hasn't Cio's Sphinx Ex gotten tired of hunting her down after a year?

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Oh poo poo, Karate Dave is coming to kill them.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

:eyepoop:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

stay safe giant baby

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Fish Noise posted:

also a gog

or two

or many

WORM SIGN.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

lol is this another achewood reference? it feels like it but i thought it was funny either way

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Twenty Four posted:

lol is this another achewood reference? it feels like it but i thought it was funny either way

Yes it is yet more Great Outdoor Fight

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02222006

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I love that K6BD is actually giving the Great Outdoor Fight a run for its money in terms of badass online comic epic battle supremacy.

I say this as someone whose abandoned office cubicle has a Great Outdoor Fight poster on it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

man i don't know about all that, this is cool but the Great Outdoor Fight was something way more wild and unique

this is like god-tier execution but the GOF had some kind of mad animating spark unseen before or since

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

can an angel wear a devil mask

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Patware posted:

man i don't know about all that, this is cool but the Great Outdoor Fight was something way more wild and unique

this is like god-tier execution but the GOF had some kind of mad animating spark unseen before or since

I think the first guy to get eliminated was doing Recumbent Tai Chi as his martial art in the middle of the brawl. Incredible.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Second. Pasta Express Pro was the first.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

can an angel wear a devil mask

I don't think it would do anything of value. Devil masks and Angel shells do different things. An angel's shell is a container to keep all the dangerous angel-stuff from breaking the rest of reality. A devil's mask gives shape, identity, whatnot to an indistinct mass of devil-stuff that possesses neither shape nor identity. An angel has shape and identity already.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

reignonyourparade posted:

I don't think it would do anything of value. Devil masks and Angel shells do different things. An angel's shell is a container to keep all the dangerous angel-stuff from breaking the rest of reality. A devil's mask gives shape, identity, whatnot to an indistinct mass of devil-stuff that possesses neither shape nor identity. An angel has shape and identity already.

also the reason a devil's mask can work on a human is that humans have the same flame type as devils, but more stable. devils feed off the relative stability of human soul essence, which is a different flavor from the soul essence of angels and servants

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mr. Lobe posted:

also the reason a devil's mask can work on a human is that humans have the same flame type as devils, but more stable. devils feed off the relative stability of human soul essence, which is a different flavor from the soul essence of angels and servants

Isn't all life fundamentally fire?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Potato Salad posted:

Isn't all life fundamentally fire?

Animal life is. We're very slowly burning carbon to produce energy and CO2.

Photosynthetic plantlife is fundamentally electricity.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

nimby posted:

Animal life is. We're very slowly burning carbon to produce energy and CO2.

Photosynthetic plantlife is fundamentally electricity.

Actually no, plants need to oxidize to live too, they just make their own stuff to “burn” during the day then do the
actual burning at night. Really it’s just certain bacteria that don’t use aerobic respiration.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

All life is entropy in the end. We achieve complex structures despite the second law of thermodynamics by consuming more than we create, and our ultimate purpose in a very real sense is really just as machines to hasten the final heat death of the universe.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
The sun is driving it all but yeah the sugars formed in photosynthesis are either "burned" or used as cellular building block material.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So the black flame, the white flame, and the body they burn to sustain it.

Yisun is dead and Salami Dave may well be meeting them soon.