Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Hexigrammus posted:

Is that anything like a Florida weave trellis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnacfDinjzc

Tennax Hortonova is worth every penny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

mischief posted:

Tennax Hortonova is worth every penny.

My only issue with that is I can’t compost plastics. So that stuff is a pain when it comes to cleaning up the garden for me. I just needed heavier gauge garden twine.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I just reuse it. I did the vertical garden twine thing for years and years and it always fell apart towards the end of the season. UV, moisture, weight, etc.

I've got a handful of panels, essentially, that I can reuse every year and so far it has been worth it. I was a Florida weave bandwagoner for ages but this stuff is just so much easier.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Filled roughly 20 55 gallon bags full of leaves and the garden leaf pile is now only about 2 feet deep instead of 4.

Purchased this thing from Costco:
https://www.costco.com/new-england-arbors-keyhole-4'-x-4'-composting-garden-bed.product.100234466.html

Plan is to ditch that middle "keyhole" part and just mix in compost I already have in bin and try out the Square Foot Gardening method this year. The instructions with the box say to not fill the whole thing with soil which I was surprised to read. They recommend 4 inches of cardboard then alternating 4 inches of brown bits and green bits, then just the top foot or so to be soil. I will probably ignore that, lay down cardboard and landscape fabric on bottom, then mix in some chopped up leaves, then compost then a whole lot of soil.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Anyone have any good resources on drip irrigation/other irrigation options? I know sprinklers are mostly bad and I don't want to try and water this whole garden with one. Lee Valley has some kits and stuff, as does Gemplers etc. but I'm not exactly sure what I really need.

I've got stuff sort of in mounded rows, but not all if it is really in rows (random hills of squash and eggplants scattered about), so I think running individual emitters at each plant is going to be better than an emitter hose/soaker hose running down a row?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Anyone have any good resources on drip irrigation/other irrigation options? I know sprinklers are mostly bad and I don't want to try and water this whole garden with one. Lee Valley has some kits and stuff, as does Gemplers etc. but I'm not exactly sure what I really need.

I've got stuff sort of in mounded rows, but not all if it is really in rows (random hills of squash and eggplants scattered about), so I think running individual emitters at each plant is going to be better than an emitter hose/soaker hose running down a row?

I'm working on something like that which I'm 3d printing out of PETG and some free PEX that I got when my FIL was cleaing out his garage.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I managed to get the raised bed all dug out, and most of the roots removed. It was completely root bound. My wife even found a largish (about 2x my thumb diameter) root, which travelled just under the sod for about 10 feet outside the plum tree's drip line. Came up under the bed and choked it right out.

All filled back in now.
I think I may have started tomatoes too early though. We are still getting freezing temps overnight, and the plants are like 2ft tall already

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 6, 2020

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Prune those motherfuckers and/or bury as much of the stalk as possible when you transplant.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Prune those motherfuckers and/or bury as much of the stalk as possible when you transplant.

This. And for the big plants, maybe move them to by the window if you can unless you have more grow lights that are just off right now. The big stuff probably would like more light. Anything not directly under a grow light gets like 10-20% of the light that the plants under it gets.

My mother has always maintained that you can just bend the stalk in the hole and plant it sort of sideways. Don’t have to dig as deep and get all the extra roots. She tends to grow some great tomatoes and it’s worked for 20 years.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Depends on how well your soil retains moisture, how your beds are laid out, and what you might want to do next year.

It's actually fairly cheap to snake a run of 1/2" black poly through your squash hills and punch in emitters where you need them. Unfortunately next year you can be guaranteed the emitters won't be where you want them and you'll need to re-install them.

We use 4' wide permanent no-dig beds for the annuals with two runs of dripline laid down them. Each dripline waters a strip 2' wide with emitters every 12" so the entire bed is watered. Our soil is quite sandy and even with daily watering we need to keep it mulched otherwise the moisture won't stay near the surface where the seeds and transplants need it. Between the no-dig and the dripline my rototiller doesn't get much use these days.

We've tried conventional soaker (weeping) lines but they just don't work for us.

I did an effort post last year about this but unfortunately I'm bad at linking. You can find it on the second page of my posting history.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Anyone got suggestions for an online seedling seller? Trying to make a garden at the last minute after moving into a house just soon enough to make an attempt but too late to start seeds (Houston, so may be too late for some plants).

Thinking about maybe giving this place a shot: https://www.growjoy.com/store/pc/Cherry-Tomato-Plants-c148.htm. Normally I'd try to buy local, but the places I've found so far either don't carry most of what I want or were actively making shopping there riskier than it would be if it was just business as normal (Walmart :argh:).

LLSix fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 7, 2020

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

LLSix posted:

Anyone got suggestions for an online seedling seller? Trying to make a garden at the last minute after moving into a house just soon enough to make an attempt but too late to start seeds (Houston, so may be too late for some plants).

Thinking about maybe giving this place a shot: https://www.growjoy.com/store/pc/Cherry-Tomato-Plants-c148.htm. Normally I'd try to buy local, but the places I've found so far either don't carry most of what I want or were actively making shopping there riskier than it would be if it was just business as normal (Walmart :argh:).
At least here, Lowe's has a pretty good selection of tomato plants, including a few heirlooms like Cherokee Purple (which will do...okay? on the gulf coast), but it was also a 'never heard of social distancing' clusterfuck.

Burpee sells plants as well as seeds and had a pretty good variety of tomatoes when I had looked a week or two ago, but I have never ordered from them. I don't know how well plants would handle 3 days in the back of a 90 degree trailer, but I am sure they have figured the shipping part out.

Hexigrammus posted:

Depends on how well your soil retains moisture, how your beds are laid out, and what you might want to do next year.

It's actually fairly cheap to snake a run of 1/2" black poly through your squash hills and punch in emitters where you need them. Unfortunately next year you can be guaranteed the emitters won't be where you want them and you'll need to re-install them.

We use 4' wide permanent no-dig beds for the annuals with two runs of dripline laid down them. Each dripline waters a strip 2' wide with emitters every 12" so the entire bed is watered. Our soil is quite sandy and even with daily watering we need to keep it mulched otherwise the moisture won't stay near the surface where the seeds and transplants need it. Between the no-dig and the dripline my rototiller doesn't get much use these days.

We've tried conventional soaker (weeping) lines but they just don't work for us.

I did an effort post last year about this but unfortunately I'm bad at linking. You can find it on the second page of my posting history.
Thank you! A good goon effortpost is what I hoped existed, and yours is very helpful.

Link for anyone else interested:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3085672&userid=97246&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post494777070

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

This. And for the big plants, maybe move them to by the window if you can unless you have more grow lights that are just off right now. The big stuff probably would like more light. Anything not directly under a grow light gets like 10-20% of the light that the plants under it gets.

My mother has always maintained that you can just bend the stalk in the hole and plant it sort of sideways. Don’t have to dig as deep and get all the extra roots. She tends to grow some great tomatoes and it’s worked for 20 years.

Can confirm. I am not a botanist so I can't say if this is biologically true, but you can functionally consider the fuzzy parts of the stalk to be potential roots if buried. Bending it to a curve before burying it means more surface area to put out roots. Always bury as much of your tomato starters as possible when transplanting them. You're not stunting them by doing so, quite the opposite.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

At least here, Lowe's has a pretty good selection of tomato plants, including a few heirlooms like Cherokee Purple (which will do...okay? on the gulf coast), but it was also a 'never heard of social distancing' clusterfuck.
I'm feeling super weird about how responsible it will be for me to go and do my usual trips to Lowes for my garden (or what they'll be like or what kind of stock they'll have). Its not yet time for me to worry about that since I still had 30s and 40s here. But I've been anxious about that and not sure how to approach things this year and the only thing I've bought so far is a bag of potting soil from the grocery store.

I'm not super nervous in general about things, but I'm also trying to be responsible and only do the "essential" and I'm not sure if my garden qualifies as such.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

STAC Goat posted:

I'm feeling super weird about how responsible it will be for me to go and do my usual trips to Lowes for my garden (or what they'll be like or what kind of stock they'll have). Its not yet time for me to worry about that since I still had 30s and 40s here. But I've been anxious about that and not sure how to approach things this year and the only thing I've bought so far is a bag of potting soil from the grocery store.

I'm not super nervous in general about things, but I'm also trying to be responsible and only do the "essential" and I'm not sure if my garden qualifies as such.

Order for pickup to minimize contact and time spent there.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Lowe's and Home Depot are still slammed here because they're about the only stores still open and everyone's decided to use this time to do a project, grow food for the apocalypse, etc.

My local family garden store is running a delivery deal to keep people at home, so I just got a ton of stuff brought to my house.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Seed Savers offers a ton of starts delivered to the house.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not like personally afraid for myself. I just don't want to add to irresponsible behavior and haven't been by my Lowe's so don't even know what the deal is.

I want to get my garden prepped this week and I was planning on building up bed elevated 3-4 ft for easy access to herbs. So I'll probably figure out if I'm doing that, what I need, and figure out what Lowes' deal is and how hard it is for me to do my shopping online. Like I said, I'm still getting 40s and 30s so its too early for plants anyway so I'll probably have a better idea of the best way to handle it by then. Its just been a weird question on my mind.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

STAC Goat posted:

I've had to run errands as part of buying and moving into a new house. My experiences have been uniformly bad and have been getting worse. I strongly recommend that you do any shopping you can online and have it delivered. Buying seeds online is very easy. It sounds like you still have plenty of time, so do that. Or maybe Burpee will deliver seedlings to you (they don't deliver where I live, but maybe you'll be more fortunate).

I've been to more stores than I feel comfortable admitting to, and not one of them has been practicing social distancing. Some are still operating like normal, as if there is no pandemic at all. Others (Walmart :argh:) are herding everyone in and out through a single entrance and making no effort to prevent long lines or large groups from forming; guaranteeing that if any of their customers are infected it spreads to everyone.

I have not seen anyone else practicing social distancing, and people have repeatedly walked closer to me or behind me despite my best efforts. Due to a lack of testing caused by the complete, and systemic (Trump fired the entire White House National Security Council's global health security unit) failure of our federal government to address the ongoing health crises, no one knows which areas are infected or how heavily. Going anywhere other people are is not safe, and covid-19 has a 3% fatality rate, assuming access to high-quality medical care.

Things seem to be getting worse, not better right now. I expect covid-19 to be a thing for several months at least.

That seems pretty doom and gloom, so let me try to steer things back towards gardening. What are goons favorite cherry tomatoes? I really like Sun Gold and Sun Sugars. They taste good and 3-4 plants can just about keep up with how quickly my family eats them.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 7, 2020

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Black Cherry, Yellow Pear, Super Sweet 100s. Brown Cherry is also great if you can find it.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

That's the plan. I don't mind if they stretch out, or slow down growing for now. They're indeterminate cherries, so I'm pinching off the suckers, and they're going in pots on the patio when the temps are high enough. I always bury them up to the first set of leaves. I also just sprouted some more of the same seeds, so I'll have some backups if these ones crap out.

Faves would be tidy treat, but I can't find them again.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Favorite cherry variety is Riesentraube. Tastes like a much bigger tomato and I’ve gotten large bunches of them (10-12). I’d call it high yield too, but I’d expect there are some others that could be higher yield when grown vertically and in great conditions. This is a bushy indeterminate, and it fits decently in a 5 gallon pot which is ideal for cherry tomatoes for me. I’ve honestly only grown a couple cherry types though, mostly because I just go back for this one.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not like personally afraid for myself. I just don't want to add to irresponsible behavior and haven't been by my Lowe's so don't even know what the deal is.

If liquor stores are considered essential garden centres should be too. Mucking about in the garden is a lot healthier than drinking in front of the TV.

Our local garden centre/farm store (Buckerfields) has changed their traffic flow to one way - enter at the side, exit through the main entrance, restricted the number of shoppers in the store, and put up physical barriers to keep people away from the cashiers. Not perfect but it helps. No idea what Lowes and Home Depot have done.

I will need to replenish supplies for making soil blocks sometime in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to fall back on the "commando shopping" technique I've used in the past because I'm an anti-social hermit and don't want to gently caress around in a crowded store.

1) Check Google for the store's hours and most likely quiet times. (Data is probably unreliable after the last three weeks, but people are creatures of habit so it might still help a bit.)

2) Make a list and organize it by where the items are located in the store.

3) Get in, grab, get out. Check the list regularly to avoid having to backtrack. No browsing.

There's a family owned nursery to the south that might have a couple of plants I need. I'm going to phone them to see if they are open, and if they can take my order and credit card on the phone and put the order out on the doorstep when I call them from the parking lot. Whatever works and minimizes the time I'm contaminating their shop (and vice versa).

There's a local character known as "The Bee Suit Lady" who, as the name suggests, walks around town in a full beekeeper's suit to protect herself from the electromagnetic radiation. I'm a little worried I might be channeling my inner Bee Suit Lady a bit too much lately.

Re: Cherry Tomatoes: (One plant only) Sweet Millions for fresh eating as well as a couple of Principe Borghese. The Principe aren't as great for fresh eating but make fantastic dried tomatoes and cook down better if you are overwhelmed and need to get rid of them in a sauce.

I've heard there are better varieties than Sweet Millions now but nothing commonly available from the garden centres here have exceeded them yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Any advice on building an elevated garden bed? This is my setup.

The idea I have is basically to dig out the dirt from that little section at the top between the 2 big beds and elevate a bed about 3-4 feet up. That way I can plant the more manageable herbs and they should be easier to prune and take. I figure building the bed itself is manageable. I just repeat the process I did with the two big raised beds but build a floor and some support beams for it. To elevate it I was thinking maybe 3 stacks of cinder blocks in a triable at the center. I figure that should be able to handle the weight without any worries of tipping, and give me a little extra space underneath for me to stash stuff.

But I've never built something like that before and I have no concept of how much a whole bed of wet soil and plants will weigh, or what wind can do, or what. I think if I space out the blocks enough and not elevate it too high I should be fine. But if anyone sees an obvious flaw in the plan I'd appreciate the warning.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I can't remember my tomatoes going from seed to this in as little as seven days before. Could just have a bad memory though. Those are seven year old seeds as well. I put in seven seeds per variety barely expecting anything to germinate at all. I don't have the space for all these plants!

Dukket
Apr 28, 2007
So I says to her, I says “LADY, that ain't OIL, its DIRT!!”

mischief posted:

Seed Savers offers a ton of starts delivered to the house.

They are so backed up they aren't excepting new orders atm. But yeah, I agree its a great place for seedlings.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I overplanted like I always do, so if anybody in Seattle wants to coordinate a clandestine, socially distant tomato/pepper seedling pickup in a couple of weeks that can probably be arranged.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Flipperwaldt posted:

I can't remember my tomatoes going from seed to this in as little as seven days before. Could just have a bad memory though. Those are seven year old seeds as well. I put in seven seeds per variety barely expecting anything to germinate at all. I don't have the space for all these plants!

Yeah, I started my tomatoes ~1.5 week back and I'm already starting to see some true leaves. But I learned my lesson from last time and only planted 4 of each kind hoping for 3 viable. 100% germination rate. :v:

Have fun trying to give those plants away, haha. My neighbours took some, but they never transplanted them out of nursery pots, so the plants grew super leggy and then they just gave up on them. :argh:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Jan posted:

Have fun trying to give those plants away, haha. My neighbours took some, but they never transplanted them out of nursery pots, so the plants grew super leggy and then they just gave up on them. :argh:

It used to disappoint me when I couldn't give away my extra starters, but ultimately it's not my fault that people don't understand the gifts that sometimes fall into their laps. I'm happy to help if somebody forgot to plant seeds a month ago, but it won't break my heart if they become compost. I'd probably not offer to your neighbors, though. :v:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I would take you up on the seedlings, but I’m in the middle of a very unfortunately timed move back to Seattle and won’t get there in person until mid-June.

Do you have any good plant timing guides for the area? I didn’t have room for more than two pots when I lived there last, but this time I’ll be doing tomatoes and my hot peppers (next summer). So I know about the different hours for sunlight, but it tends to stay warm enough that I have no idea when to plant things.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

I overplanted like I always do, so if anybody in Seattle wants to coordinate a clandestine, socially distant tomato/pepper seedling pickup in a couple of weeks that can probably be arranged.

Hrm any rare peppers?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

I would take you up on the seedlings, but I’m in the middle of a very unfortunately timed move back to Seattle and won’t get there in person until mid-June.

Do you have any good plant timing guides for the area? I didn’t have room for more than two pots when I lived there last, but this time I’ll be doing tomatoes and my hot peppers (next summer). So I know about the different hours for sunlight, but it tends to stay warm enough that I have no idea when to plant things.

PM me when you land. I probably won't have tomato plants by then, but I'll probably have some variety of extra potted peppers if you want to stick them outside at your new place. No pressure.

I don't have any specific local planning guides beyond the knowledge that Seattle is zone 8b and tomatoes need as much sun as they can possibly get, so western-facing is preferable for them. Planting a garden mid-June is a bit of a late start, but I think you'd still harvest stuff. Definitely too late for seeds, but not starters. Sometimes the starters at garden centers have gotten pretty mature by then from sitting outside, so they may start fruiting right away. If you said mid-August I'd say it's a lost cause, but mid-June probably isn't too bad. And then you'd know what it was like to plant a late garden, too.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Hrm any rare peppers?

Pimientos de Padron, wildly underrated if not necessarily rare. If you mean super hot ones, unfortunately no. But the ones I have going are Sweet Chocolate, Arbol, Fresno, Chile Japones, and a shitload of Italian roasters.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

PM me when you land. I probably won't have tomato plants by then, but I'll probably have some variety of extra potted peppers if you want to stick them outside at your new place. No pressure.

I don't have any specific local planning guides beyond the knowledge that Seattle is zone 8b and tomatoes need as much sun as they can possibly get, so western-facing is preferable for them. Planting a garden mid-June is a bit of a late start, but I think you'd still harvest stuff. Definitely too late for seeds, but not starters. Sometimes the starters at garden centers have gotten pretty mature by then from sitting outside, so they may start fruiting right away. If you said mid-August I'd say it's a lost cause, but mid-June probably isn't too bad. And then you'd know what it was like to plant a late garden, too.

I’ll be doing greens from seeds, but it’ll be too late for me to start peppers and tomatoes. I’ll try to remember to PM. My wife is already there, so she might check out a local garden center and hopefully can get me a couple tomatoes into planters in May. Seems unlikely unless she has pots and soil delivered. I’ll probably scour them for potted hot peppers though. I’ll even settle for generic habanero this year. Next year I’ll have an excess of starts as always, so we’ll have to trade seedlings.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What's the best hot pepper for containers? Any of those fun bush guys would be great. Zone 7a.

Only a few more weeks till I can get my tomato starts. Rah rah Rutgers tomatoes.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Any pepper will do okay in a good sized container. Just remember they've got a pretty hefty root ball and really don't like sitting in or on water at all.

I grew shishito pretty well on a patio years ago but it was still in a 5 gallon planter.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Jhet posted:

Should be safe to use West Coast Seed's coastal calendar.

One of our gardening gurus from the Fraser Valley regularly mentions that he's so busy in the spring that he never gets around to planting his own garden until July using transplants and it always turns out well for him. Waiting that long would make me kind of twitchy though.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

mischief posted:

Any pepper will do okay in a good sized container. Just remember they've got a pretty hefty root ball and really don't like sitting in or on water at all.

I grew shishito pretty well on a patio years ago but it was still in a 5 gallon planter.

Yeah, I have 10 5gal fabric pots. Wanted to do some bamboo raised beds, but my bamboo source dried up.

I'm thinking 2 yellow squash, 2 sweet peppers, 1 hot pepper, 1 eggplant, 1 beans, 2 cherry tomatoes and 1 big tomato will be good. I have hanging pots for herbs and green onion.

Fabric pots will go on the strip of lawn in front of the obnoxious hedge the apartment management refuses to cut down

Edit: aaaa my local garden center got bush early girl tomatoes in and this is RUINING my plans

I'm gonna end the season with 6 billion tomatoes ain't I

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 9, 2020

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Long shot, but a while ago someone posted a cartoon-ish looking drawing of hydroponic bucket plans. I built them and have been using them for a long time now, but wanted to share the picture with a friend, anyone remember that?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Radishes, y u no fatten up?!?

edit: Lol, just got Top Fan for my local Ag Extension on Facebook. Wonder if I can put that on my resume for the next time I get rejected for a master gardener program.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

When am I supposed to pick arrugula? My little buddies are starting to get strangely lanky so I'm not sure if that means I have to trim them up a bit or not. These were planted from already existing plants I bought at a local nursery.