Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
So if you're in a shop menu and you don't close it, the connecting person times out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kicks doesn't set up shop or is he a permanently a traveling salesman? I would like a show store even if it's already in the regular store.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

ErrEff posted:

It's always the same since I started playing at launch. Pansies, tulips and mums, two colors available for each (out of a pool of three: red, white, yellow) for a total of 6 seed varieties available every day. I've done a bit of crossbreeding so there are other colors on my island but haven't sold any of them to the Nooks. Never had new colors or species appear in the shop.

As for native flowers: Pansies are the low-ground one, mums high-ground and tulips the 'extra' variety.

Huh, another instance of high-ground/low-ground flowers. Maaaaaybe some people have two flowers? I know I didn’t. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you didn’t get the pansies from an island tour? Also, just for a couple more data points, what’s your native fruit, the fruit you find on islands, and the fruit you got in the mail early on?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Modus Pwnens posted:

So if you're in a shop menu and you don't close it, the connecting person times out?

Everyone will freeze waiting for you to finish up and the person trying to leave or join the island will time out and probably try again until they get on the island.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

does anybody have that flower hybrid image that was posted the other day? I'm building some gardens and want to get some hybrids going

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Embrace the eggs and use them to suplex an entire forest from one side of your island to the other. I've got an orchard to plot out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

runchild posted:

Ah, well I guess the downside is missing out on his gift, and just being mean to Gulliver in general.

Still soliciting info on flower seeds, please tell me your native flowers, the second flower type you see on islands/permanently in your shop, and what your third flower type is now/last week/the week before.

I have tulips on the clifftops, I see tulips and hyacinths consistently in the shop/Nook islands, I have also seen both windflowers (last week) and pansies (this week) show up in the shop.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

does anybody have that flower hybrid image that was posted the other day? I'm building some gardens and want to get some hybrids going

https://twitter.com/izzyjoshuadavis/status/1244331242608304128

and

https://twitter.com/MattSolo734/status/1247191488552992768

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is that the flower hybrid image that has like three or four incorrect versions

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well, I apparently woke up to endgame territory without even trying. I just had a three star rating the first time I asked, and KK is on his way.

But more importantly my final villager showed up and I can now begin the process of weeding out ones I don't like and replacing them with cats better ones. :getin:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Saharah is here. Im an Apple town. 221T1

KoB fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 6, 2020

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

flatluigi posted:

is that the flower hybrid image that has like three or four incorrect versions

To my knowledge, the only errors are 1) flipping R and W in a couple places that are inconsequential and 2) not showing that hybrid reds instead of normal reds are required for a couple hybrids to form. I still can’t find the correct version, however...

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

The Manticore posted:

Done! - It is also Kicks day here. Gates are open while I do morning things.

Thanks for the presents and lovely notes, guys.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Disargeria posted:

Wow today's got some neat items:
https://imgur.com/a/ZQcguwh

Kicks
Paw Slippers
Compression Tights
Color-blocked socks
Crossbody Bag
Faux-fur bag
Square backpack

Able Sisters

Wizard Robe
Top Hat
Doctor's Mask
Milkmaid Dress
Sweater-vest
DJ Cap (cap+headphones)
Neon Tights
Stockings

Nooks
Cosmos
Pansies
Tulips

I'll be online for about an hour and then I'll be on later today as well.
Dodo Code: BK4S0
Darn I missed my flight

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Woo my Able Sisters mannequins finally flipped. Looks like it's about a week?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Is there any easier way to get tires other than just fishing in lakes and rivers then hoping for the best? I want to make a bunch of tire toys but in the weeks I've been playing I've found a grand total of 3 tires.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Policenaut posted:

Is there any easier way to get tires other than just fishing in lakes and rivers then hoping for the best? I want to make a bunch of tire toys but in the weeks I've been playing I've found a grand total of 3 tires.

there's a miles island that only generates trash, and once the egg event is over trash should be easier to find in general

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Fistful of Silence posted:

Aren’t they always a specific size? Just fish tiny/small or extra large shadows and you should be good.

That might work for this specific challenge (which I solved with bait), but he said it will be different every time. So, presumably it's gonna be specific fish or you're given a time limit or something.

Oh, also Felicity told me she had burried something, and I had to find it in 6 minutes. As soon as the timer started, a really catchy tune started playing. I'm very glad this type of stuff is still in the game. :3:

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Poque posted:

Woo my Able Sisters mannequins finally flipped. Looks like it's about a week?

They change on Monday.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

You don't catch eggs with bait :science:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Opening up my gates. Kicks is here with Samurai greaves. Nooks have a dryer for 76k and a cat tower. Also have an upgraded store so you can buy fancy slingshots, shovels etc. Ables has La Isla hats, basketball tanks, school jackets, bunny ears and curly mustaches. Please don't take my fruit and excuse my mess of an island. I've been terraforming for the past couple of days.

Dodo code is NDL6H

It's not finding you did you close up your airport already? I kind of need a cat tower. Then I'll just need a cat.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

If you like brick. Roads this is a great addition

https://twitter.com/poppycove/status/1246981465805664260?s=21

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Pez posted:

It's not finding you did you close up your airport already? I kind of need a cat tower. Then I'll just need a cat.

I too would like a cat tower

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LLJKSiLk posted:

They change on Monday.

Ah excellent! I imagine there will be a lot of people posting cool islands to visit on Mondays. :)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
wait why am i not supposed to leave with the minus button

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Cause we'll shank you if you do.

Leaving with the minus button will revert everyone back to their last autosave.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

efb :argh:

Only during multiplayer: it fucks everything up for everyone else, don't do it

VVVVVV beat ya! :laugh:

KoB
May 1, 2009

it rolls everyone back to the last autosave

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

runchild posted:

Huh, another instance of high-ground/low-ground flowers. Maaaaaybe some people have two flowers? I know I didn’t. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you didn’t get the pansies from an island tour? Also, just for a couple more data points, what’s your native fruit, the fruit you find on islands, and the fruit you got in the mail early on?

I'm positive I did not get pansies from elsewhere. Not 100% but fairly positive I didn't.

Native is cherry, fruit I got in the mail from "mom" was peaches, I usually find coconuts on island palm trees alongside maybe cherries. Never anything else, and I've been on like 7 island tours.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ErrEff posted:

I'm positive I did not get pansies from elsewhere. Not 100% but fairly positive I didn't.

Native is cherry, fruit I got in the mail from "mom" was peaches, I usually find coconuts on island palm trees alongside maybe cherries. Never anything else, and I've been on like 7 island tours.

That's an interesting coincidence. I had cherries as my native fruit, got peaches from mom and found apples as a third fruit on an island. The high ground flower was hyacinths for me, but I eventually got pansies windflowers and tulips from the store.

I think hyacinths are probably my main flower because I found an island full of rare ones.

edit: Whoops, my memory is playing tricks on me.

I hope they put in carnations at some point. I really liked those in New Leaf.

And More fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 6, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Even thinking about the minus button will revoke everyone who's ever been to that island's license to the game, forcing them to buy it again

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

KoB posted:

it rolls everyone back to the last autosave

To nitpick: It can. It's a "hard leave" option. If someone is stuck in menu/convo, it will let you leave but revert anyone else to last autosave.

It''s probably fine if you're visiting your one friend and you know they're not occupied, but doing it on a busy island is a real bad idea.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Nothing terribly exciting but I have a busy work day so opening:

turnips: 87 in AM

stadiometer
director's chair
O/W windflower
R/Y pansy
W/Y lily

Saharah with:

Dirt floor
Exquisite wall
S: yellow kitchen mat
M: pink rose rug
L: red dotted rug
Ticket floor: ramshackle flooring

Able's:

full length dress with pearls
lace up dress
zap helmet
stache & glasses
eye patch
kiwi hat

Feel free to take peaches off trees (native fruit), please don't mess up my flowers. I'll leave it open a few hours while I'm working. You don't need to leave anything but I am looking for cherry blossom DIYs: pochette, pond stone, petal pile, bonsai, lantern

Code: closed

edit: sorry, I'm likely not seeing your messages, I'm in meetings!

edit2: closed for now, thanks for coming!

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 6, 2020

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

runchild posted:

Ah, well I guess the downside is missing out on his gift, and just being mean to Gulliver in general.

Still soliciting info on flower seeds, please tell me your native flowers, the second flower type you see on islands/permanently in your shop, and what your third flower type is now/last week/the week before.

Native flower is mums, island flower is hyacinths. Last week my rotating flower was windflowers; this week it's tulips.

Extra data points: native fruit is cherry, island fruit is orange, "mom's" fruit was pears.

Somebody please please please give me cosmos! I have every other flower at this point (I think).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I found out yesterday that leaving with the minus button gives a more specific "[NAME] wants to leave" message, so at least you can yell at them later if you know them outside the game :unsmith:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Everyone else is right, but another big reason not to is because it sort of "refreshes" the island, meaning that if a villager was giving out a DIY recipe that people were showing up to learn, that villager will probably stop crafting in their house and then nobody else can learn it and it sucks.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Someone data mined the math behind turnip prices and someone else turned the numbers into a tool that can show you what your prices might look like?

Says mine can go as high as 580 this week which is good because I bought 4000 of em

https://mikebryant.github.io/ac-nh-turnip-prices/index.html

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
OK but it's fine if I'm in single player right

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Apparently mine won't go above 126. Hope a friend gets a good price. Saw someone saying that if your (local) buy is low, you're much less likely to get a spike/high price. My buy was 90 this week, for what that's worth.

OK but it's fine if I'm in single player right

Yes. Minus has no ill-effect when you're offline. In fact, it's the proper way to save and quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Someone data mined the math behind turnip prices and someone else turned the numbers into a tool that can show you what your prices might look like?

Says mine can go as high as 580 this week which is good because I bought 4000 of em

https://mikebryant.github.io/ac-nh-turnip-prices/index.html

I've seen a couple of these and I'm going to keep better track of the AM/PM prices this week. I only noted about half the price last week, and its predicted max was around 220 vs the 180 I actually saw.