Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

What's everyone's ride or die favorite album? i know it's entry level baby pallet tier but In The Aeroplane Over The Sea has always meant the world to me.

Jawbreaker: Dear You

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If we're doing soundtracks, the soundtrack to Judgment Night.

If we're doing albums, Roll the Bones by Rush.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

I actually got to see them during the Roll the Bones tour, at Wembley Arena, with Primus opening. It was a great show. :)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

NienNunb posted:

What's everyone's ride or die favorite album? i know it's entry level baby pallet tier but In The Aeroplane Over The Sea has always meant the world to me.

Probably either Demon Days or God Shuffled His Feet

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

biggie - ready to die

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the wreckard by prick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gs3ur8MmdE

some ppl might need to skip to track 3 to see any value in this (or never) but it's all great

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 6, 2020

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Either Demon Days or The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Probably either Demon Days or God Shuffled His Feet

God Shuffled His Feet is so good.

Uh, does Rock Spectacle count?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
men in black soundtrack

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I’ve had different ones over the course of my life, but every so often I have to sit down and listen through my current favorite album, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by the Flaming Lips. sometimes The Soft Bulletin, too, but Yoshimi was my first Flaming Lips album and its balance of uplift and melancholy does good things for my soul. anyway, here’s a YT playlist for that very album, and if you can’t make time for the whole thing I recommend at least trying the song “Do You Realize??” because it’s my favorite

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZkR3PyHTs0

Nice and chill, just the way I love music. Once listened to this on an acid trip and had a fully formed Fantasia style animated movie appear in my head as it all happened. Great experience.

e: Also I always have a laugh when I get to Concerto For Philodendron & Pothos and remember that Nintendo ripped it off for Zelda's Lullaby.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 6, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

men in black soundtrack

https://youtu.be/_zXKtfKnfT8

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I actually got to see them during the Roll the Bones tour, at Wembley Arena, with Primus opening. It was a great show. :)

That sounds like an amazing show.

I got to see them live three times - Vapor Trails, Clockwork Angels, and R40. Never disappointed.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I cycle through three albums as my "all time favorite" that really just depends on what one I listened to last but I'd have to go with

Saturnus - Paradise Belongs To You
Rotting Christ - Triarchy of the Lost Lovers
Manilla Road - Open the Gates

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/tKmMRSTUeAs

RLM just posted a nee video

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Favorite Album is either

Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer
or
John Grant - Queen of Denmark

Favorite soundtrack is probably

The Guest (2014)

Everyone watch The Guest. It’s like if Captain America was a psychopath. Good poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he seems so friendly does he know any tricks?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1247364405597220865

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NienNunb posted:

"World Coming Down" by Type o Negative. Band is problematic as gently caress but the main guy is dead, so...

Second favourite is "Lysol" by The Melvins. Also troubling and Buzzo has not even had the good grace to die already.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

SatansOnion posted:

I’ve had different ones over the course of my life, but every so often I have to sit down and listen through my current favorite album, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by the Flaming Lips. sometimes The Soft Bulletin, too, but Yoshimi was my first Flaming Lips album and its balance of uplift and melancholy does good things for my soul. anyway, here’s a YT playlist for that very album, and if you can’t make time for the whole thing I recommend at least trying the song “Do You Realize??” because it’s my favorite

That is a good one.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SatansOnion posted:

Do You Realize?? is maybe my favorite song ever

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

chucken and dumplings

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

While I love the MCU I know has its flaws and it's not the be-all-end-all of movie blockbusters...

...but drat it, I may have wept a tear or two at the portal scene from Endgame because 30+ years of being a comic book fan and movie lover paid off at Cap saying "Avengers assemble."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've already said all I care to about MCU in the last thread. Don't make me retype it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You don’t have to

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hell yeah, what is this freedom, this power.

j/k I'll never stop posting my dumb trashfire thoughts.

my only real marvel thought anymore is how cool it would have been if they did more arthouse weirdshit like Dr Strange instead of super CGI punchfights. Which reminds me, I need to watch the antman movies.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
ah yes the art house masterpiece doctor strange

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

ah yes the art house masterpiece doctor strange

it had everything art house.

white dudes exploring eastern religions
that one pale chick that always shows up
drugs
deeply nuanced homosexual relations

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

and twins!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im watching preston sturges today. bye

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I love Tilda, despite my better judgement.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

and twins!!

Twins?

https://youtu.be/CeM8QuigYpk

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Thor Ragnarok was a legitimately very good/funny movie -Taika Waititi saved Thor as a standalone franchise since the first two were bad and after this virus hellscape is over I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with Thor: Love and Thunder

Between Ragnarock and What We Do In The Shadows he's become one of my favorite directors very quickly. He's had other good movies too but those two were top shelf.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The only marvel movie worth watching is Punisher War Zone

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I Before E posted:

The only marvel movie worth watching is Punisher War Zone

I enjoy that movie and like anything with ray stevenson in it but thor ragnarok is still great

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I have sent my first ever email in Japanese. Very exciting

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

A lot of cool and diverse album picks in here. My personal favorite is Souls of Mischief's 93 til' infinity

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Best Punisher is Jon Bernthal in season 2 of Daredevil only. They kind of screw the pooch with the Punisher standalone series but he absolutely captures the "this is a war that ends when I die" concept super hard in Darevevil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that was a good depiction of the punisher but i couldn't get past the ninja house invasion or w/e dumb poo poo to see if it remained good the whole time