Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So if Bozo bites it, does that mean another election?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Bojo dies on page 69

edit gently caress

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

a) Do we get a day off work if he dies?
b) If yes, will they try to use Easter weekend to do us out of a day off?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Do cum tzu next corona mate.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Jose posted:

Just been told that as he's not on a ventilator he's probably going to survive

Not on a ventilator, yet.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So if BoJo bites it, does that mean another election?

it'd mean another leadership contest but given the circumstances there'd be huge pressure for the parliamentary party to come together behind one candidate to prevent a lengthy selection

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

General, no. Leadership, yes.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Oodles posted:

Not on a ventilator, yet.

I mean, who knows whether he is or not. I assume we're not getting the truth at the moment.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Boris currently being attended to by Dr Hugh Bris and nurse Ira Knee.

Nurse Sha Denfreuda got deported because of Brexit.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

stev posted:

a) Do we get a day off work if he dies?
b) If yes, will they try to use Easter weekend to do us out of a day off?

A) No
B) Still yes

e;

A Tory leadership election yes, with someone (Presumably Raab) being interim PM until that happens. Also a by-election in his constituency, one would hope not until the crisis is less acute so it can be held without spreading the heroic and blessed comrade Rona around. An actual general, no.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1247240275791134720?s=19

Happening status: it's

And it couldn't happen on a nicer page

If he bites it, will they dump his body in a ditch so he at least forfill one Brexit promise?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

Just been told that as he's not on a ventilator he's probably going to survive

He's going to be put on a ventilator almost guaranteed. The way this thing progresses if you get it bad is the symptoms don't subside, and then you very rapidly go downhill. Given that he's worsened over the afternoon and he's already had symptoms for 10 days, he's following that progression. Like 50/50 the PM is gonna die of this, holy poo poo

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
:brexit:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

April eighth is looking like an extremely good day at this rate.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Boris currently being attended to by Dr Hugh Bris and nurse Ira Knee.

Nurse Sha Denfreuda got deported because of Brexit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
And I'd finally settled on an insulting nickname for him: Bozo Prime.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

No, it'd mean another leadership election. Realistically it'd either be postponed, leaving the aggressively stupid Raab C Brexit in charge until the crisis is over, or a consensus candidate would be installed by the party without a vote (unlikely IMO).

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Even if he survives, there's all sorts of nasty poo poo you can get permanently if you are hit particularly bad by the virus. There's lung damage and some researchers were suggesting neurological impairment. We might get a similar kind of problem as in the US, where the head of state/government has cognitive decline that impairs their judgement, but it's not obvious enough to remove them from power. The inability to deal with that is becoming a huge problem.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bardeh posted:

He's going to be put on a ventilator almost guaranteed. The way this thing progresses if you get it bad is the symptoms don't subside, and then you very rapidly go downhill. Given that he's worsened over the afternoon and he's already had symptoms for 10 days, he's following that progression. Like 50/50 the PM is gonna die of this, holy poo poo

I'm aware I was going off what the doctor I live with who works in a covid ITU ward was telling me. If you end up on a ventilator you can be on one for a couple of weeks

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Bardeh posted:

Yeah there's no guarantees at this point, either to the good or the ill (Regardless of which way round you think those are, lol). Also he's obviously been having trouble since last night so was already receiving some care in hospital, that it hasn't taken and he's instead been upgraded to the ICU doesn't bode well for him. His age isn't quite at the Big Risk levels yet but his general health works heavily against him because he's a tubby fucker with a drinking problem and probably drug habits atop that.

He might pull through but him not (yet) being on a ventilator doesn't seem at this stage to indicate anything much. Especially as for all we know he is on one and we've just not heard yet, or they're prepping one for him as we type our Reckons.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Neurological impairment may have occurred prior to his illness

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
So Raab essentially assumes the PMs duties now?

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

As I said last night, around a 1 in 3 chance of surviving. Will be out of action for several weeks at least so get used to Raab.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sulphagnist posted:

We might get a similar kind of problem as in the US, where the head of state/government has cognitive decline that impairs their judgement, but it's not obvious enough to remove them from power.

How would you tell?

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
If Boris dies does that mean the person who gave him CV can claim they assassinated him?

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Sulphagnist posted:

Even if he survives, there's all sorts of nasty poo poo you can get permanently if you are hit particularly bad by the virus. There's lung damage and some researchers were suggesting neurological impairment. We might get a similar kind of problem as in the US, where the head of state/government has cognitive decline that impairs their judgement, but it's not obvious enough to remove them from power. The inability to deal with that is becoming a huge problem.

If Bojo becomes a vegetable the Tories will ditch him with no issues.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
countdown till trump offers the fish tank cleaner cure on twitter

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Is Raab spider oval office or what?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
He dead.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Gonzo McFee posted:

No he's the guy that didn't know ports were important.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
April 8th guys. April 8th.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Gonzo McFee posted:

that was gavin williamson. dominic raab is just horrible, and stupid as well

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Raab is an iea and similar spawn

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crazyvanman posted:

If Boris dies does that mean the person who gave him CV can claim they assassinated him?

Nadine Dorries, bane of the bourgeoisie.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Gonzo McFee posted:

Raab is off-brand Terminator

ed: young Raab

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

He's definitely a oval office, and dangerously stupid with it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

No that's Gavin Williamson and his good boy Cronus

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ugh, I can't take any pleasure from seeing this happen in realtime, even to someone like Johnson. He's a bastard, but I just want people like him gone from power, nothing else.

I honestly hope he survives, but I also hope that seeing someone so public go this badly downhill will convince the people who aren't taking this seriously to do so.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CGI Stardust posted:

Raab is off-brand Terminator

ed: young Raab

Don't make me think about young hot raab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
has anyone said borxit yet