Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

NOBODY WILL REALIZE MY POSTS ARE SHIT NOW THAT MY NAME IS PURPLE :smug:

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFu0o8NB5Io

I heard once a good description of liberals as people who think that the system is fine, but the people using it aren't. Like they don't manage to make the form determines function argument that anarchists do so well. Like if it keeps on throwing up loving awful people and awful practices then maybe it's a problem with the system, maybe the people in it are a product of it as much as they themselves produce it.

But no, the system is perfect, eternal, unchangeable, all you can possibly do is complain about the people involved and how they interact with it.

they believe in an omnipresent but certainly not omniscient (and in fact quite stupid) God of reward and punishment, the system they learn are God's very stupid rules and all you need to do is follow the rules as stupidly but loudly as possible to get rewarded. presumably you also get rewarded by trying to frame other people with violating the rules (even if they don't, make it look like they did!), you gain from what they lose. there is no ethics or morality apart from the learned game of public gossip and id-driven guttural reactionary hate. if you are "liberal", your guttural reactionary hate must not be the open reactionary hate of the conservative, but convoluted gossip driven social stupidity. that makes the liberal morally "better" than the conservative, since they play the convoluted game much better than the simpler conservative. this means God will reward them with power and prestige, eventually. that's why history is inherently "progressive"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
If Bojo bites the dust as a serving PM does he get a full state funeral?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I mean I'd assume that would be the custom but the logistics would be weird since we're still supposed to be avoiding gatherings.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

:stare:

In other news I remember a goon talking about how staff in Waitrose were told not to wear gloves and masks and now there's this. What an absolute loving shower

crispix fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 6, 2020

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Some poor oval office is definitely dying so Boris can be moved to the ICU "as a precaution"

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I believe that's down to his successor.

Of course, things being as they are, I don't think anything more than a private affair with everyone keeping 2 metres apart is really practical.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Is Boris dead yet?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Some poor oval office is definitely dying so Boris can be moved to the ICU "as a precaution"

gonna sacrifice some people in the hope boris gets better. we don't think it'll do anything but it's what boris would of wanted.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Bury me in my bendy bus

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
If only we had clapped harder.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you don't clap for boris he's going to die.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I don't think a PM has died in office or got divorced in office for a good century or two. And Boris is going to do both!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Ugh, I can't take any pleasure from seeing this happen in realtime, even to someone like Johnson. He's a bastard, but I just want people like him gone from power, nothing else.

I honestly hope he survives, but I also hope that seeing someone so public go this badly downhill will convince the people who aren't taking this seriously to do so.

TBH I'm with you on this.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is Raab spider oval office or what?

I thought that was Gavin Williamson?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I'm edging

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Someone track down this powerful wizard and figure out how he works.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I’m old enough to remember when Russian media reported this four hours ago and the government publicly called it “disinformation”

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

peanut- posted:

I’m old enough to remember when Russian media reported this four hours ago and the government publicly called it “disinformation”

They reported it yesterday, when it wasn't true. Their predictions subsequently happening doesn't not make an earlier report bullshit.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Seven Eight Prime Ministers have died in office:

Lord Wilmington, who died on 2 July 1743, aged 70.
Henry Pelham, who died on 6 March 1754, aged 59.
Lord Rockingham, who died on 1 July 1782, aged 52.
William Pitt the Younger, who died on 23 January 1806, aged 46, the youngest to die in office.
Spencer Perceval, who was assassinated by John Bellingham on 11 May 1812, aged 49.
George Canning, who died on 8 August 1827, aged 57.
Lord Palmerston, who died on 18 October 1865, aged 80 (two days before his 81st birthday); the oldest to die in office.
Bojo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Good to check the news & be treated to good news for a change.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

peanut- posted:

Lol me too. Can't wait to read that Boris is dead and have twelve hours of incensed Blueticks before they admit it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
While I hope he dies, I'll also be ok if he recovers a d somebody reads him a list of all the people wishing him ill on the internet

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

Bung a bullet in Boris' brain.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/eilsg/status/1247252251606945795?s=19

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1247250889221574656

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1247251679772323840?s=19

IDS has declared Boris for for work so he's dead.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Chinese Gordon posted:

If Bojo becomes a vegetable the Tories will ditch him with no issues.

I mean it's simple if they become a vegetable, but what if they merely have the faculties of a senile, syphilic septuagenarian

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

If you don't clap for boris he's going to die.

Such a shame that I am holding my phone at the moment.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/hassinhov3_/status/1247251124995981319

lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH" is some IDS poo poo

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I mean he didn't say what he's thinking.

I have to work Good Friday because the government has decreed pharmacies need to be open on the bank holiday. Even though we usually aren't and have a rota to make sure there is always pharmacy service available. Even though surely you'd expect demand to be no higher on bank holidays with so many people able to come in all week. So we're opening for three hours in the afternoon with a skeleton staff and I will furiously resent anyone who comes in, that's my whole plan.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Pablo Bluth posted:

Seven Eight Prime Ministers have died in office:

Lord Wilmington, who died on 2 July 1743, aged 70.
Henry Pelham, who died on 6 March 1754, aged 59.
Lord Rockingham, who died on 1 July 1782, aged 52.
William Pitt the Younger, who died on 23 January 1806, aged 46, the youngest to die in office.
Spencer Perceval, who was assassinated by John Bellingham on 11 May 1812, aged 49.
George Canning, who died on 8 August 1827, aged 57.
Lord Palmerston, who died on 18 October 1865, aged 80 (two days before his 81st birthday); the oldest to die in office.
Bojo.

One year around Christmas time, we were playing Trivial Pursuits.

One of the questions was about which Prime Minisiter died (allegedly) of a Heart Attack caused by him loving his maid in the Billards Room. The answer was Palmerston.

Is that true, and if so was that why the Simpsons said he was England's Greatest Prime Minister?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmao

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sulphagnist posted:

I mean it's simple if they become a vegetable, but what if they merely have the faculties of a senile, syphilic septuagenarian

Then he will probably win two more elections

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lol he's basically implying he was too much of a lazy oval office to fight off the infection

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
There's a joke about boris dying and hard brexit that I can't think up right now.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
What the gently caress with that IDS quote. That's really something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Chuka Umana posted:

There's a joke about boris dying and hard brexit that I can't think up right now.

A firm, rigor-mortis like brexit perhaps