Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We're gonna need to bust out the kate mclaughlin with pictures of HIGNFY, the boris bus, him hiding in a fridge, then his cofffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m Canadian so I’m a bit out of the loop, but I didn’t realize Coronation Street was still running and Boris was nice enough to guest star in it

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I do want to acknowledge the sheer unabashed density of the entirety of our media, government and "thought leaders" that have been pompously assuming that everyone who dies would just have died of something anyway. I do not find this joyful, because I do not know what the outcome will be, but I do find it a learning experience.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
plot twist: boris lives and leaves his current gf for one of his nurses.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

winegums posted:

I'm not convinced any of the shitshow of replacements in the tory party would want to take over once boris RIPs outa here. Brexit was bad enough, but at least they could massage things with their extensive control of the media. Pretty hard to bullshit and blame brussels on the massive loving body count but obviously they'll try.

lol every single one of them literally doesn't care about anything other than getting themself into power - regardless of what state the UK is in. Half are probably stupid enough to believe their personal skills and charisma would turn things around, whilst the other half literally don't care either way.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

OwlFancier posted:

We're gonna need to bust out the kate mclaughlin with pictures of HIGNFY, the boris bus, him hiding in a fridge, then his cofffin.

Has anyone actually seen one of BoJo’s wine crate buses?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Hope Laura is taking it OK :ohdear:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Josef bugman posted:

I do want to acknowledge the sheer unabashed density of the entirety of our media, government and "thought leaders" that have been pompously assuming that everyone who dies would just have died of something anyway. I do not find this joyful, because I do not know what the outcome will be, but I do find it a learning experience.

who do you think will be the fastest tweeter with the "with coronavirus" reply

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Say what you want about corbyn's leadership of the labour party but at least he didn't manage to kill he am self within months of taking it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Alexander Boris deTeriorating Johnson.

Sorry, I'm workshopping some ideas but they're completely poo poo so far

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
None of the others have anything like the media presence that Boris Johnson does (did?) due to his HIGNFY appearances and all that, and they're idiots if they think they could do anything other than take the blame for things he got away with. But it'd be funny watching them find out, briefly.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Gravastars posted:

Bojo's chances are so-so.

I think they're roughly 51.9%

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Has anyone heard from cummies lately?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Gravastars posted:

Bojo's chances are so-so.

Covo Bojo so-so on O-O

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The number of weak kneed labour libs coming out saying “I hope Boris doesn’t die” is a very good illustration of how these weak idiots lost to the tories, for fucks sakes have the balls to dance on poo poo people’s graves

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
If ABdPJ bites it and the Tories have a leadership election, does anybody know whether they have rules requiring voting be done in person?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
This is a good tweet. Was it one of you?

https://twitter.com/Mc_Heckin_Duff/status/1247263278042136582

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Covo Bojo so-so on O-O

No mo lo-flo

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Someone please embed this into the thread background the same way it's currently hooked into my veins

https://news.sky.com/video/coronavirus-i-shook-hands-with-everybody-11948548

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Operation Last Gasp coming along nicely, didn't realise it was a Covd-19 operation though. Sneaky bastard.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
I absolutely cannot wait for tomorrow's news

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It's not sad per say. I feel more sad for all the people who are going to suffer with this thing over the next few weeks/months/ year until it is all resolved.

It's just all so dense. I will admit to thinking "oh it's nothing that bad surely", but then I am not in an important place in government. This needed to be taken seriously, more needed to be done, and it is all so utterly silly.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Bung a bob for robotic boris breaths.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't imagine anyone ITT typing the phrase "lackadaisical insoucience"

E: Including me because I can't spell it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Send him to NHS Nightingale as the first patient.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Al-Saqr posted:

The number of weak kneed labour libs coming out saying “I hope Boris doesn’t die” is a very good illustration of how these weak idiots lost to the tories, for fucks sakes have the balls to dance on poo poo people’s graves

Isn’t his girlfriend pregnant?

I’ve said this in the Aussie thread as well but the death cheerleading is gross.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

How do the "you've no spine if you quit Labour now" lot feel about illustrious leader appointing a TERF to the NEC? Trans folk and allies just need to grow a backbone or no?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Kreeblah posted:

If ABdPJ bites it and the Tories have a leadership election, does anybody know whether they have rules requiring voting be done in person?

A party is basically a social club, they can just change the rules however they want

And besides, they will orchestrate it so that there's only one candidate in the running, who will then win by acclamation

teacup posted:

I’ve said this in the Aussie thread as well but the death cheerleading is gross.

I mean yeah, but so is cutting and privatizing the NHS and working/starving disabled people to death

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tarnop posted:

How do the "you've no spine if you quit Labour now" lot feel about illustrious leader appointing a TERF to the NEC? Trans folk and allies just need to grow a backbone or no?

I've been out of the loop, who's the TERF he appointed?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Azza Bamboo posted:

If you donate £500k to the NHS the vital signs monitor will solemnly bong when it's switched off

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Azza Bamboo posted:

"bot" is right there

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

You in December: How did we lose this election?? Why do people think Corbyn supporters are nuts?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Also it's a bit tautological, innit?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

yes I'm sure START MURDERING TORIES would have pushed labour past the post last election

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

"ronya" is right there

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tarnop posted:

I mean it seems like one of the best demonstrations of the idea that you can't escape the party whether you participate in it or not, if it gets into government with that position, it's not going to be good for anyone?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

teacup posted:

Who gives a poo poo about his poo poo girlfriend and honestly loving awesome that a kid doesn’t have to be raised by Bojo it’s a mercy.

Convex posted:

yes I'm sure START MURDERING TORIES would have pushed labour past the post last election

I mean why not they already did the equivalent of that for corbyn so gently caress it.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 6, 2020

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"Wishing Maggie and Boris a speedy reunion" lmao, thanks facebook.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFu0o8NB5Io

I heard once a good description of liberals as people who think that the system is fine, but the people using it aren't. Like they don't manage to make the form determines function argument that anarchists do so well. Like if it keeps on throwing up loving awful people and awful practices then maybe it's a problem with the system, maybe the people in it are a product of it as much as they themselves produce it.

But no, the system is perfect, eternal, unchangeable, all you can possibly do is complain about the people involved and how they interact with it.
So... what do they think the system is if not the people within it? Because that's a fairly basic point in both anarchist philosophy and almost all modern sociology.

The people are the system, if you picked a million other people and dumped them in the same rules and constructs you'd have a different system. Or as my nan used to say, if we were both born in China we'd be having this conversation in Chinese.

OwlFancier posted:

That's that French cooking thing isn't it?

Ordering some SANITISER'S from respected laboratory suppliers pharmaceuticals hyphen world dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ISF had the best response for this.

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1243502237369933825?s=19