Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
We ran out of popcorn this weekend and I forgot to ask dad to get more. In service of my fervid lust for microwave popcorn, I made a last-minute run to Meijer to get stuff for the family before Michigan’s lockdown goes into effect. I got everything they requested, but the popcorn shelf was pretty much demolished.

Still got popcorn, but not the kind I like.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 08:53 on Mar 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I stole one of those giant rolls of toilet paper they use in public restrooms from my work because I got tired of repeatedly going to the stores and finding zero toilet paper.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Haven't had alcohol since Dry January 2020 and the main problem is I realize how boring things can be especially on stay in place.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I missed that my video call got changed to a regular phone call so I did my makeup for nothing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I saw that Control got a dlc expansion today but then I saw it’s exclusive to the PS4 til June

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Platform-exclusive DLCs. Christ on a bike.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just got a jury duty summons, for April 28th in Detroit. I’ve never seen any talk about how the outbreak would affect this kind of thing.

Last time I got it, the key to the car I was driving was attached to a small combination lock whose combination I didn’t know, and locks weren’t allowed in the courthouse. I got around this by standing there pathetically until they let me past.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Mar 27, 2020

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Platform-exclusive DLCs. Christ on a bike.

No, the Christ on a bike code is only included with EBgames pre-orders.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dr Christmas posted:

Last time I got it, the key to the car I was driving was attached to a small combination lock whose combination I didn’t know, and locks weren’t allowed in the courthouse. I got around this by standing there pathetically until they let me past.

Why? This is a weird story.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I had too many carrots so I decided to prep them for freezing so I was slicing them and shredding with my 4 sided grater and ended up with some nasty cuts on my fingers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Star Trek Voyager complete series is outselling the Deep Space 9 complete series on iTunes and I'm mad that people like lovely show. Even Enterprise is outselling DS9!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I got super glue on my fingers God drat It.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The birds in my neighborhood are the same as an old Android alarm noise I used for years.

It's loving me up! I don't wanna be awake at 5 am!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I kind of miss my family.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have brief moments of panic where I am certain we are all going to die because the country is being run by what can only be described as a clown car that's on fire and filled with syphilitic asshats who don't understand basic science.

I then realize that I also live in a state with a shitton of Corona cases and a lot of dumbasses who aren't bothering to do even the slightest thing to avoid passing the plague around, so I honestly don't think the government will get the chance to kill us all before the inherent stupidity of the masses will.

Also for some hosed up reason on the grocery app for Walmart it limits you to 2 cans of cat food. What the gently caress?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"The CDC recommends you wear a cloth mask out in public places. I won't do it though."

- Our leader

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's now been 5 weeks since I've seen anyone I know in real life except for my husband. Not complaining about him at all, he's awesome and I'm glad to be stuck with him, but I miss everyone else.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I am always so utterly ashamed of my interests. I am a thirty-three year old man, I should not like things like video games, heavy metal, comics, and other kitsch things.

It's only acceptable to like that stuff because it's been made insanely marketable. The second it's not making money anymore is the day that stuff becomes shameful like it should be.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Also for some hosed up reason on the grocery app for Walmart it limits you to 2 cans of cat food. What the gently caress?

Walmart wants you to eat human food, OP

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
My bank's ATM used to sell postage stamps, but for some reason they stopped, so I ordered stamps from the USPS online. Usually I buy them at the supermarket, but social distancing. I ordered them on March 25. They didn't ship until the 27th, when they left Kansas City. They took two days to reach Illinois, then another day to arrive at a different distribution center in Illinois on the 30th. They stayed there for an ENTIRE WEEK until they left on the evening of the 3rd. A week and a half to move across a single state line! Why can't they just send me the things from the post office in town, why do they have to ship them halfway across the country, and why is it a two week process to do it?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Uncle Lloyd posted:

My bank's ATM used to sell postage stamps, but for some reason they stopped, so I ordered stamps from the USPS online. Usually I buy them at the supermarket, but social distancing. I ordered them on March 25. They didn't ship until the 27th, when they left Kansas City. They took two days to reach Illinois, then another day to arrive at a different distribution center in Illinois on the 30th. They stayed there for an ENTIRE WEEK until they left on the evening of the 3rd. A week and a half to move across a single state line! Why can't they just send me the things from the post office in town, why do they have to ship them halfway across the country, and why is it a two week process to do it?

I went for a brief walk yesterday and found an entire booklet of stamps on the sidewalk. They even have little froggies on them! :3:

Too bad I have nobody to write to. :sigh:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Star Man posted:

I am always so utterly ashamed of my interests. I am a thirty-three year old man, I should not like things like video games, heavy metal, comics, and other kitsch things.

It's only acceptable to like that stuff because it's been made insanely marketable. The second it's not making money anymore is the day that stuff becomes shameful like it should be.

Actually it's totally OK to like those things no matter your age. Why wouldn't it be?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Cacafuego posted:

Walmart wants you to eat human food, OP

Yea, but the vet gets pissed when I feed my cat human food.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Star Man posted:

What the gently caress

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Stuff doesn't have to be profitable to be an "acceptable" interest, what the gently caress are you on about

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

Star Man posted:

This is the least metal thing I’ve ever read.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A bunch of tigers in a zoo in NYC are confirmed to have the coronavirus. I don't think I can pet my neighbor's cats anymore. They are outdoors 4-5 hours a day and always reliably come to my backyard for pets.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Like whatever you want, it's the end of the world.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No it isn't.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm pretty sure only being able to go to work and home (yay, I'm essential) is starting to make me crack. My daughter likes the Boss Baby show on Netflix, and God help me, I kind of do, too.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Star Man posted:

I'm a 32-year old woman who likes heavy metal and video games. Nothing wrong with liking stuff. :) Speaking of being a metalhead, I have a first world problem -- the Týr/Metsatöll/Heidevolk/Trollfest tour got canceled, as well as a bunch of other shows I had tickets for, so there's that. :smith:

Another other first world problem though: working from home suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Yes I'm getting paid, yes I work a job that allows me to work from home, but it's starting to drive me insane.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Star Man posted:

lol I'm a 45 year old trans woman who likes things, too.
My wife and I watch TV for teenagers. Our favorite new shows are Nancy Drew on the CW and Motherland: Fort Salem and we are 100% not the target audience.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Aleph Null posted:

My wife and I watch TV for teenagers.

I watched Degrassi TNG until I was well into my 20s and I only stopped because aside from Holly J, the characters got boring. I'm still mad that Emma married Spinner and Jane barely even cared. Such bullshit.

Anyway, moral of the story: liking "inappropriate" stuff is awesome.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

One of my closest friends didn't qualify for the gubment unemployment by 2 whole drat hours and I am livid. He's gonna appeal of course but :cripes:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The only shifts I'm getting for weeks are more Rick Bestwick shifts moving heavy boxes and I hate that job, but it's at least meaning money coming in. I hope the lockdown in the UK ends soon so I can start getting interviews for tech support work again.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm a hospital janitor and oh god I'm so tired and I'm not sure when my next day off will be, but I'm extremely lucky to still have a job and I'm Canadian so my hospital and union both have my back.

Like I know I'm super lucky and I'm grateful and all but I want to sleep so badly, also I havent smelled anything but virox for weeks.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

You'll never know the exact number, but all that scrubbing and wiping will save a non-zero amount of lives from Covid and other infectious diseases.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

now that I have identified the earworm keeping me from sleeping ("I Feel Love," Donna Summer, 1977) I am going to spend the next X hours listening to it to sate said earworm, and this might be a while given that it's a loving disco song running almost six minutes long

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I took a philosophy class as an elective in my freshman year of college and held onto the books because they were light and not worth selling back when I finished the class. I kind of want to re-read one of them but now I can't find it. I don't think I dumped it but it's not in my book storage box and hell if I know what box it ended up in last time we moved.

E: It was Aristotle's Nicomachean (sp?) Ethics

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Apr 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

At some point Facebook on mobile web did away with the "sort by most recent posts" option so now I have even less of a reason to browse it.

EDIT: And we got a call this morning that our cow portion is ready early so we now have to find some place to store about 200 lb of beef in our quarantine-prepared freezer and pantry. To paraphrase the GBS Costco thread title, that's a lot of meat to take in if you're unprepared for it.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 15:09 on Apr 10, 2020