Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I've gone back a half dozen pages but can't see the answer - Did Boris take money out of the NHS, and if so, how much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Comstar posted:

I've gone back a half dozen pages but can't see the answer - Did Boris take money out of the NHS, and if so, how much?

you haven't heard? the nhs now has an extra 300 million pounds a week.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Funeral procession with the coffin in a big bus that says STAY HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Honestly whenever I see his father I’m amazed he’s still going, so I wonder if he’s spread it to his family(-ies) with all his nonsense downplaying.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
Goons, apologies if this has been already answered. Has there been any sightings of Matt Hancock in the last 24 hrs that is? He looked sick as gently caress the other day, with his red sad Kevin Spacey face.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Angepain posted:

there are a lot of things you can say about reality right now, a lot of things, but I would dispute this one

Nah, he can't die though, he's the Prime Minister! If he died we'd be forever cursed with making references to his death as a perfect example for hubris that future teenagers will be going 'hmm?' about then we'd have to explain HIGNFY then Brexit then this.

There's also the element that everything I'd be interested in happening never seems to happen, so I hope all the thread can just lower their expectations for once and all focus on Boris Johnson's body healing to its default state and then we can all relax. Before we all go to bed tonight imagine a sort of healing light descending onto his body. Imagine him back on our televisions before the end of the week and what the alternative, a dead PM, would have on the imagination of the country.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Angepain posted:

there are a lot of things you can say about reality right now, a lot of things, but I would dispute this one

if anything i'm genuinely somewhat concerned we might be in a simulation where the operator is pushing the disaster buttons for giggles

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

bornbytheriver posted:

Goons, apologies if this has been already answered. Has there been any sightings of Matt Hancock in the last 24 hrs that is? He looked sick as gently caress the other day, with his red sad Kevin Spacey face.

Pretty sure he was caught at roughly the same time as Raab, leaving number 10. They asked him whether he'd seen Boris and he just kept walking.

Such is the important stuff you absolutely need to see on news broadcasting.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Pretty sure he was caught at roughly the same time as Raab, leaving number 10. They asked him whether he'd seen Boris and he just kept walking.

Such is the important stuff you absolutely need to see on news broadcasting.

I hope they are monitoring him closely. If they all started dropping like flies because they got caught with their pants down acting cavalier about a deadly virus, this seasons finale might be a bit much. Would guarantee season two ratings though.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
So this is what it was like to be alive during William Henry Harrison's presidency, huh?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He's the dumbass who killed himself with pneumonia?

Actually yeah that seems like a really good comparison actually :v:

archaeo
Nov 5, 2009

may the power of Hecate compel you
Has there been any (well sourced) rumours about Cummings since he self-isolated a week ago with a cough? If he went instead of BoJo, I'd accept that as a fair trade. As far as I can tell, though, there hasn't been one peep about his situation anywhere in the media.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
actually current scholarship thinks what killed WHH was terrible white house plumbing leading to typhoid or something of that sort

which would be poetic for Boris in a somewhat different way than corvid19

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

GreyjoyBastard posted:

if anything i'm genuinely somewhat concerned we might be in a simulation where the operator is pushing the disaster buttons for giggles

<simcity voice>STOP BEING loving NAZIS YOU ASSHOLES</simcity voice>

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1247250038822223872

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Beautiful

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

April eighth is looking like an extremely good day at this rate.

April 8th is my birthday, also the day Kurt Cobain and Margaret Thatcher died.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The DPRK posted:

April 8th is my birthday, also the day Kurt Cobain and Margaret Thatcher died.

Shame about kurt but I'm thinking if it can claim two tory PMs it should definitely be a national holiday.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

OwlFancier posted:

Shame about kurt but I'm thinking if it can claim two tory PMs it should definitely be a national holiday.

And we should call it Kurt Cobain and No-one Else Day

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Smells like tory grave piss day.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

That would definitely be shortened to Piss Day eventually, and I'm still on board

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Smells like tory grave piss day.

Requiescat in Piss

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The problem with herd immunity is eventually you run out of other people.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Tarnop posted:

Reasons To Be Cheerful (podcast co-hosted by Miliband) has a few episodes about sustainability, climate policy, and legal action against polluters all in the last 6 months so I'm going to start by listening to them.

If anyone else hasn't caught this podcast yet I'd recommend it, Red Ed is actually a lot more lefty than he appeared when he was leading the party. I had thought before he'd be a good addition to the shadow cabinet but I don't know if he'd have been willing to take the flack for supporting Corbyn. I think he'll be good on climate change though.

Other ministers with influence on climate stuff would be the Shadow for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Luke Pollard. Don't know much about him but wikipedia says he campaigned for a memorial for Michael Foot. And he was appointed by Corbyn and kept his job in this reshuffle after nominating Starmer for leader.

Also Shadow for Transport Jim McMahon. Recent MP, never a Corbyn backer unfortunately but did serve on his front bench. Don't know much about him either but his tweets seem in the right place:

https://twitter.com/JimfromOldham/status/1247066493579415552

And if it helps reassure anyone, check out this recent list of runners and riders from LabourList, which contains such illustrious names as Yvette Cooper and Hilary Benn, along with tipping Reeves for shadow chancellor. I mean I don't know that Starmer won't do another reshuffle to move further to the right, but we could have done a lot worse so far.

jabby fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 7, 2020

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Imagine if Cummings gets it.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I know people have been cracking jokes about how similar the world has become to something written by Armando Iannucci for a awhile now but I don't know if I'm prepared for British politics's adaptation of the Death of Stalin.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

communism bitch posted:

He's already got it.

archaeo
Nov 5, 2009

may the power of Hecate compel you

communism bitch posted:

Cummings has it, and has been in self-isolation for a week, but there's been no news. Half of downing street has it
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1265526/bbc-laura-kuenssberg-boris-johnson-coronavirus-hospital-latest-update-covid-19 Warning: Daily Express. Double warning: Laura Kuenssberg

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

He's already got it.

nice

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Does anyone know what Geldof is at war with? If it's chocolate bars I'm intereste in the story. I don't want to look at their website though

Also probably because i'm using a laptop in bed with no glasses on (or anything else :heysexy:) but i thoughtthat was a picture of Camilla Parker Bowles on first glance

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
At war against the people who won't give live aid their loving money.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Chuka Umana posted:

you haven't heard? the nhs now has an extra 300 million pounds a week.

I didn’t read the “million” and thought you were making a “haha he’s in the NHS right now” joke...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So Nadine dorries killed bojo?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Gonzo McFee posted:

The problem with herd immunity is eventually you run out of other people.

:eyepop:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

keep punching joe posted:

Is Dominic Cummings dead now?

Not if he can find a new host in a couple of hours.

And to think that a few weeks ago the foreign policy talking point was that Iranian government might get wiped by COVID! Allahu akbar...

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

keep punching joe posted:

Is Dominic Cummings dead now?

Ideally Boris has one of those mr burns coffins reserved for him

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

jaete posted:

How would it be delayed? Be specific

By UK and EU together deciding that we don't want to go with hard Brexit because under the new economic circumstances it would be a guaranteed catastrophy. There just isn't time for a negotiated Brexit with all of this, there likely never was enough time to get everything solved by the end of this year when the transition period ends.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
if boris goes do we still get our cummies?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/1247325034940706818

a real human being

and a real hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me