Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Commander Keene posted:

It technically has the most content, but a lot of the graphics and even some of the VA has to be left by the wayside in order to make it so the PSP could handle the game, iirc. Most of the animated cutscenes are gone, even the in-engine ones, replaced by VN-style talking heads.

Yeah, as much as I love the additions of p3p, the things cut out are too much for it to be the complete experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look for an FES LP then.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Here's one that also covers the Portable additions: https://lparchive.org/Persona-3-FES/

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

OP wants a video LP, and Dragonatrix's, while good, is screenshot.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

My bad, I missed the "video" part. :downs:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

S.J. posted:

Any recommendations for a video LP of Persona 3? Portable is the most complete version, right?

A guy on Youtube called TheNiskel did LPs of both FES and P3P, as well as P4 Golden. They're 100% runs (minus stuff like filling out the compendium) and he does all the social links, so it's everything you'd likely care about in a single run. That said, he doesn't cover The Answer, the epilogue scenario for FES, and I've not seen a good run of that around myself, so if anyone has recommendations for one, have at it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

A guy on Youtube called TheNiskel did LPs of both FES and P3P, as well as P4 Golden. They're 100% runs (minus stuff like filling out the compendium) and he does all the social links, so it's everything you'd likely care about in a single run. That said, he doesn't cover The Answer, the epilogue scenario for FES, and I've not seen a good run of that around myself, so if anyone has recommendations for one, have at it.

Yeah I'm almost through his P4G run and it's pretty great other than the fact that I wish he would just shut the gently caress up some times.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
somebody wanted a division 1 lp, so me and skippy are doing it https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918555

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

S.J. posted:

Yeah I'm almost through his P4G run and it's pretty great other than the fact that I wish he would just shut the gently caress up some times.

Given the type of people who usually LP RPGs, I'm just thankful he's not reading out every line of dialogue with a 'funny' voice. Talking too much is a sin I can easily forgive.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Some LPers think they're voice actors.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

bony tony posted:

Don't you dare besmirch the excellent voice acting of Super Great Friend

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Given the type of people who usually LP RPGs, I'm just thankful he's not reading out every line of dialogue with a 'funny' voice. Talking too much is a sin I can easily forgive.

That's fair, I guess it mostly doesn't bother me except for some weird comments during the dating scenes.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Don't you dare besmirch the excellent voice acting of Super Great Friend
Yeah, LP Bot is putting on an excellent imitation of a human there.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I haven't had a chance to get it yet, so are there any good playthroughs of Doom Eternal? No screaming, no Brutal Doom approval, some Daisy appreciation, some commentary on what's going on and attention paid to the plot but nothing too obsessive.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'd like to see a complete LP of Dream Daddy.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of any good videos/streams of Civilization V or VI? I'm looking for something where I can afford to not pay full attention to the video but with a commentary that is still focused on the game. Don't care if singleplayer or multiplayer, as long as it has people rewriting history for fun and profit.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

anilEhilated posted:

Anyone know of any good videos/streams of Civilization V or VI? I'm looking for something where I can afford to not pay full attention to the video but with a commentary that is still focused on the game. Don't care if singleplayer or multiplayer, as long as it has people rewriting history for fun and profit.

Quill 18 has dozens of both games.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Marbozir is also a good option.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
I'd recommend Potato McWhiskey, who primarily does Civ VI and is exceptionally skilled at it from my POV.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Those all look good, thanks!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
What's a good let's play for RE:7?

a_galvantula
Feb 4, 2020
Well, uh, since I don't see anything on the master list about that XD: Gale of Darkness romhack that a lot of people think is good, should I just make a thread about it myself? I'm a little nervous and unsure if I should...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bony tony posted:

I'm proud to say every in-video commentary I've done has been through subtitles except for one Yume 2kki session where an accidental hot mic let to a glorious feedback loop with my "CHRIST!!" buried in the mix

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

a_galvantula posted:

Well, uh, since I don't see anything on the master list about that XD: Gale of Darkness romhack that a lot of people think is good, should I just make a thread about it myself? I'm a little nervous and unsure if I should...

I would say go for it. It's a relatively okay sized game that's good for a 1st LP and choosing team members/nicknames is always good for thread participation, and I've heard it changes a fair amount so I'd love to read it!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

a_galvantula posted:

We can't be sure about you doing it until we know what you're going to do. Put something together in the SSLP test poster: https://lpix.org/sslptest/ Or in a word program which you can save and edit in your own leisure. If you're still feeling unsure once you've put together an introduction and a first post, create that test post and post the link in the sandcastle for advice. If you're feeling happy about posting it, just post.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

Crosspeice posted:

I would say go for it. It's a relatively okay sized game that's good for a 1st LP and choosing team members/nicknames is always good for thread participation, and I've heard it changes a fair amount so I'd love to read it!

If above all else, it has some decently established pacing and isn't as incredibly intensive as some RPGs are. There's a lot of reference material in all the other Pokemon LP's we've had and are ongoing, so working out a format should be a lot easier than most.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

We can't be sure about you doing it until we know what you're going to do. Put something together in the SSLP test poster: https://lpix.org/sslptest/ Or in a word program which you can save and edit in your own leisure. If you're still feeling unsure once you've put together an introduction and a first post, create that test post and post the link in the sandcastle for advice. If you're feeling happy about posting it, just post.

For your first LP, I'd definitely recommend making it into a test post and linking that to the the sandcastle regardless. Take it from me, I had more than a few technical issues at first than I imagined I would end up with. Best case scenario it gets a thumbs up all around while in the worst case scenario you end up with some good advice to fix it with.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I would like to request an SSLP of Terrifying Silence mod for XCOM TFTD
The only LPs I can find are longass video ramblings I just cannot stand.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Hey folks, it's been about 6 months since the last major update to the recommendations list, so I'm gonna throw out a new call for Recommended LPs. If there's something you loved that wrapped up in the past year or so, or you just found an old favorite and want to share, let's give them a shout-out. As always, we're looking for a short 2-3 sentence blurb to go along with it explaining why it's so good, and I'm also gonna ask that you stay away from the big-name folks who might already have something on the list. Chip Cheezum, supergreatfriend, TheDarkId, those guys are all great! But they're already up there, in some cases with multiple recommendations, so let's recognize some folks who might not have as much clout.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't have anything to add to the Recommended List, but I can say that my request for an LP of the Super Mario RPG Open World Randomizer is being fulfilled as a VLP.

Actually, you know what? I lied. I do have something to add to the Recommended List:

Professor Duck and Dewgy's FF4 Free Enterprise VLP. They did 4 different runs, showing off 4 different ways you can use the Randomizer. It's entertaining to watch, and they also shared their flags for each run, in case you want to play along.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 9, 2020

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm going to recommend Avalon Code by Didja Redo and Final Fantasy Legend I and II by Chokes McGee for folks who like narrative screenshot LPs. And since I've been on a Breath of Fire kick recently, Breath of Fire and its sequel by Scintilla are probably the best way to experience those janky old SNES JRPGs (especially BoF2; the original is still okay).

On the video side, Shadow of the Colossus (2018) by Natural 20 and Yorkshire Tea (doesn't seem to be on the Archive yet for some reason) was my introduction to that game and it was a journey of discovery, capped by mutual goggling at how a crazy speedrun broke the game in half.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Does anyone know a good LP of ” Little Town Hero"? All the ones I can find are terrible.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I very much enjoyed FutureFriend and his crew (that's right, he's the boss, at least until they hear about it) brawling their way through lesser known BMUPs in Beat 'Em Up Bhursday.

Hard to say if the videos have more jokes or fists flying.

Unfortunately they're all avowed pacifists so there's only 3 episodes as of this moment, but it's a still (slowly) ongoing project as far as I know.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I very much enjoyed FutureFriend and his crew (that's right, he's the boss, at least until they hear about it) brawling their way through lesser known BMUPs in Beat 'Em Up Bhursday.

Hard to say if the videos have more jokes or fists flying.

Unfortunately they're all avowed pacifists so there's only 3 episodes as of this moment, but it's a still (slowly) ongoing project as far as I know.
That reminds me; also by FutureFriend is The Bouncer, a good LP of a mediocre brawler.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

Commander Keene posted:

I'm going to recommend Avalon Code by Didja Redo and Final Fantasy Legend I and II by Chokes McGee for folks who like narrative screenshot LPs.

I'll second this because Avalon Code is the LP that actually brought me here. Its a wonderful go at trying to make something out of a game that's basically a black hole of missed potential. I'd played through it already and the stark contrast between it and the last few updates where Didja shows off the actual game is still amazing to me.

The Chokesverse LPs are also very good, and they're all definitely worth a read if you like seeing how far one person's imagination can keep going.

Speaking of narratives and making the best of what's available, Academagia by Bobbin Threadbare is a wonderful extension upon a rather obscure and unusual game. Very long, very consistent in quality, and due to the nature of the game, only covers a sizable fraction of the content in case you ever wanted to give it a try.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Commander Keene posted:

On the video side, Shadow of the Colossus (2018) by Natural 20 and Yorkshire Tea (doesn't seem to be on the Archive yet for some reason) was my introduction to that game and it was a journey of discovery, capped by mutual goggling at how a crazy speedrun broke the game in half.

It's submitted, I'm just waiting for it to get through the queue.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Anyone have a recommendation for a Jedi: Fallen Order playthrough? It doesn't have to be comprehensive, just chill and competent.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I'm going to recommend FrankZP's fantastic Screenshot lps of Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest I, II, III, and IV.

He puts his own spin on the characters, created his own maps for the dungeons and in the later games adds older characters as a little color commentary.

Very high effort and very well done series of Let's plays.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I'd like to request an LP or the original Thrillville on PSP, screenshot is preferred but I'm fine with video.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Can someone recommend a Stellaris playthrough by someone who is pretty good at the game, and who does a decent job at explaining stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turol
Jul 31, 2017
It was bought up in the Doom thread so reqesting Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold. You could also do Blake Stone: Planet Strike after that since it's pretty much an expansion even though it's technically standalone.