Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Disney announced they’re suspending pass payments and refunding payments made since the parks closed.

Passholders who bought a ticket outright have the choice of extending the pass or getting a prorated refund.

Soooo are they just giving up hope on reopening now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think they are giving up on trying to predict the future as no one has a good idea when things like theme parks are going to come back online after this. Better to save face and offer refunds than try and string people along and charge them during a very difficult economical time

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My wife and I, three months ago:

Oh man, our APs are probably going to expire before we can use them again like we planned, if only there was a way to add a few weeks to it

*monkey's paw curls*

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

couldcareless posted:

I think they are giving up on trying to predict the future as no one has a good idea when things like theme parks are going to come back online after this. Better to save face and offer refunds than try and string people along and charge them during a very difficult economical time

Yeah they got some bad press early on for not allowing cancelations.

Personally I'll probably go for the option to pause payments and extend. I just hope they make it easy to do online. I don't want to bother calling them.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Old Man Pants posted:

Soooo are they just giving up hope on reopening now?

Current thought is possibly 6 months from now. They know poo poo is going to get bad economically. They don't want to be the reason for it.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Zero One posted:

Yeah they got some bad press early on for not allowing cancelations.

Personally I'll probably go for the option to pause payments and extend. I just hope they make it easy to do online. I don't want to bother calling them.

Yeah, we had about a month/month and a half left on ours. I'm gonna just let them extend it because I'm sure the prorated refund for a discount gold pass with that much time left is peanuts. We will also hold out hope for making a trip shortly after they reopen, but I'll be fine just letting it expire at this point

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
In other parks news, the CEO of Sea World has resigned again. The fourth leadership turnover in 5 years.

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1247143363410788353?s=21

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

My DLR AP was up in May. Thinking I’ll do the extend option. I pay monthly, but not from SoCal.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ours won't be up until October, so we're going to keep paying and take the extension. At this rate, we might be able to make it into the parks for free in 2021.

At the very least, we won't need to renew for Food & Wine. :getin:

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man

Zero One posted:

In other parks news, the CEO of Sea World has resigned again. The fourth leadership turnover in 5 years.

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1247143363410788353?s=21

This many quitting in a row is a board of directors problem. it's a shame, Sea World, Aquatica, (and Busch) are both great parks if they have the right folks running it (Ala Busch before it was sold to InBev). The 7 seas Food Festival outdid Epcot for content.

Anyway the AP thing is being done by all the big theme parks, Cedar Fair just flat out said all 2020 passes will be good in 2021. Disney and Universal and SeaWorld are extending by the Number of days closed, and suspending payments for anyone doing the month to month thing (Rather than the normal year buyout). Universal actually stopped the month/month thing before Disney did, but I think they were issuing refunds if you called about it if you missed the start by a week or two.

Atricks fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 6, 2020

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I was hoping to keep making payments and have it extended out, but doesn’t seem to be one of their options. Oh well, it’ll give me more time in 2021.

My universal pass was due to run out halfway through HHN, so that worked out for me... if it happens this year.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Icedude posted:

I've been using this recipe for Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Riki Rum for a while and it seems close enough to the real thing

I made this, it was good

Wrong glass, so sue me

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Here's the email I got for DLR AP:

DLR posted:

Dear Valued Annual Passholder,

This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders.

Effective April 5, 2020, for Annual Passholders on monthly payments, we will automatically stop and waive all upcoming monthly payments while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, Passport expiration dates will not be extended and Passports will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.

As an alternative, guests who are paying for Disneyland Resort Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen. Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term. The Passport expiration date will be extended due to the theme park closures to provide additional access opportunities at the end of the Passport term.

Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact Annual Passholder Member Services at (714) 781-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

couldcareless posted:

I made this, it was good

Wrong glass, so sue me

It’s better if you drink it without a straw. Keep the cinnamon and nutmeg flavors forward. I don’t have the right glass either. :(

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I might just cut a short plastic straw next time because 1. drinking through crushed ice is miserable, and 2. I'm a firm believer in a drink like this needing to stay put to avoid the warmth from your hands melting ice quicker.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Current thought is possibly 6 months from now.

Hahahahaha I sincerely hope the gently caress not. for the sake of me and my fellow cast. Holy poo poo.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I thought Disney was continuing to pay employees during the shutdown. Did that change?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Union employees till the 18th of this month (negotiating beyond that still), salaried and non-union hourly no, but they are still paying for their insurance and education benefits. For the entry level workers they’ll actually be making more per week with the stimulus bonus but the Florida unemployment system is absolute dog poo poo so who knows how long that will function.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
The other thing to remember is that reopening the restaurant, hospitality, and entertainment industry nationwide is going to be an absolutely massive logistical endeavour that could easily cause massive shortages in the labor, food, and supply chain. Disney World at least will probably have to be reopened in stages, which means reduced capacity and services during the runup period and Disney probably wants to give themselves an opening for blackout dates so that the resort isn't overwhelmed. Universal is more likely to reopen all of their parks and retail at the same time, but the hotels will probably reopen in stages there as well.

Elsewhere, I can definitely see Cedar Fair and other seasonal parks simply choosing not to open for the season because they haven't hired and trained their seasonal staff and if this rolls into July they may well not want to try to run up for one month before schools starts. I can almost guarantee that seasonal waterparks won't open this summer at all, especially if there's concern about keeping them sanitary.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Current thought is possibly 6 months from now. They know poo poo is going to get bad economically. They don't want to be the reason for it.

Where are you getting this from, please?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

Where are you getting this from, please?

If I told you that I'd have to lock you in Stitch for 20 years (pm me)

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Hahahahaha I sincerely hope the gently caress not. for the sake of me and my fellow cast. Holy poo poo.

I do, too, but you know they aren't going to open until they can't be blamed for -anything-. Gotta Disney PR.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
PR or not, being extra cautious during this instead of gung-ho about throwing open the doors as soon as possible is probably the correct choice. Sadly, people are idiots and this is for their own good. If you don't think Karen, husband, and 2 children that have a trip already planned for late June would hold back because little Kaylyn has a cough and a fever and dad has been a little lethargic, you'd probably be wrong.

Rumor that they will implement temp checking on entry whenever they do reopen. That's a decent start, will make security lines a hell of a lot longer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

couldcareless posted:

PR or not, being extra cautious during this instead of gung-ho about throwing open the doors as soon as possible is probably the correct choice. Sadly, people are idiots and this is for their own good. If you don't think Karen, husband, and 2 children that have a trip already planned for late June would hold back because little Kaylyn has a cough and a fever and dad has been a little lethargic, you'd probably be wrong.

Rumor that they will implement temp checking on entry whenever they do reopen. That's a decent start, will make security lines a hell of a lot longer.

Just add a temperature sensor to the NEW Magicband++. Only 49.99!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

the temp check thing is almost definite and if you're off for any reason you're gonna need a drat good reason. Which is gonna suck for my weirdo 97.4-ish standard running temp self.

I fully support them staying closed as long as possible to prevent infections because of yeah. loving Karen.

Silly Burrito posted:

Just add a temperature sensor to the NEW Magicband++. Only 49.99!

Has extra glow with the show stuff in it. You get dragged out of Fantasmic because CM thought your temp was 100. Whoops.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'd unironically be fine with that. Can't wait for the targetted in park marketting "You're seeming a little hot, better cool down with a nice Coke frosty!"

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The dad from carousel of progress stands up and points at a guest “WHY YOU THERE! YOUR TEMPERATURE IS A LITTLE HIGH!”

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

the temp check thing is almost definite and if you're off for any reason you're gonna need a drat good reason. Which is gonna suck for my weirdo 97.4-ish standard running temp self.

You're in good company.

https://elemental.medium.com/the-average-human-body-temperature-is-no-longer-98-6-f-c88c19716852

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Recommended listening:

https://maximumfun.org/episodes/sawbones/sawbones-body-temperature/

tl;dr: maybe we are getting colder, maybe not. Maybe it's just a better understanding of our bodies. But 97 is fine, 99 is fine, 103 is most definitely not. You'll still know a fever when you see it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm fully not expecting them to open before I'd say September. But, who knows.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fartington Butts posted:

The dad from carousel of progress stands up and points at a guest “WHY YOU THERE! YOUR TEMPERATURE IS A LITTLE HIGH!”

Instead of the rebel spy, Star Tours points out who has the highest temperature.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

CMs in the yellow biohazard suits from Monsters Inc. burst in and haul That Guy off the Laugh Floor

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
"You're sweating, sir..."
"It's a loving FLORIDA SUMMER!"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Disney is proposing furloughing all union workers on the 19th as well. Union focusing on Desantis fixing (lol) the unemployment process now. Looks like a guarantee at this point.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 7, 2020

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Disney is proposing furloughing all union workers on the 19th as well. Union focusing on Desantis fixing (lol) the unemployment process now. Looks like a guarantee at this point.

Basically they are haggling over insurance and stuff now. Which should be a no brainer since Disney is doing insurance for everyone else, but if I lose insurance I am straight hosed. I don't mind putting in for unemployment, but without my insurance, I'm probably going to have to leave florida, so I am hoping that poo poo out.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah I think the bigger danger for a lot of people is that Florida's UI can be cut to 12 weeks and that will happen in mid June for some folks. poo poo's gonna hit the fan unless DeSantis miraculously transforms into a good governor over night.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah I think the bigger danger for a lot of people is that Florida's UI can be cut to 12 weeks and that will happen in mid June for some folks. poo poo's gonna hit the fan unless DeSantis miraculously transforms into a good governor over night.

Yeah looking into Florida's system has shown it to be a nightmare. Also the Union has apparently gotten Disney to agree to the same terms that the other roles got (Insurance and Aspire) but the sticking point is getting them to agree to the whole furlough, however long that is. So a furlough for unionized roles is incoming, no stopping it. Delightful.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Desantis is a sack of poo poo and should be thrown into a dumpster.

And Kemp should be right there with him. Shockingly, Ivey actually tried to do some tiny something.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
JBE being the shining star of the southeast governors right now.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

JBE being the shining star of the southeast governors right now.

Edwards is a democrat so I'm not too surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
https://blogmickey.com/2020/04/iger-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-could-screen-guests-for-illness-when-they-reopen/

temp check

Is a temp check even good enough given the 5 day incubation period when people are still contagious?