Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

forest/trees mate.

Not really, it's a pretty big fuckin distinction.

Anyone who uses percentages to describe fold-changes should be corona'ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Filboid Studge posted:

that sounds like a fitness to practice nursing issue.

Mental illness?

She's been self-isolating with symptoms for the last ten days but I hope she doesn't go back, because yes, she's clearly in no state to work

The house is going to be absolutely covered in virus though, and even though she's not feeling sick anymore you still shed for weeks after infection, IIRC

I really like my partner's mum :smith:

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 7, 2020

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Gove in self-isolation

That’s all

Lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

keep punching joe posted:

Gove is self isolating.

in a cocoon of bile and paper magazine strips

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Now that it's made the jump to invertebrates we're truly hosed

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Barry Foster posted:

you still shed for weeks after infection, IIRC

You are pretty unlikely to shed virus for long after your symptoms are gone. The reports talk about remaining infectious from time of infection or symptom onset. There’re a couple of reports of 30 days, or whatever, but should they be borne out, it’s going to be the rare case. You’ll likely be most infectious early on and by a couple days after your last symptoms, unlikely to infect people.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Gravastars posted:

Everyone clap for Tinkerbell.

Very very tempted to rig up my speakers out the balcony and play a giant "womp womp" sound effect

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

mediaphage posted:

You are pretty unlikely to shed virus for long after your symptoms are gone. The reports talk about remaining infectious from time of infection or symptom onset. There’re a couple of reports of 30 days, or whatever, but should they be borne out, it’s going to be the rare case. You’ll likely be most infectious early on and by a couple days after your last symptoms, unlikely to infect people.

Well that's good at least, thanks. Although the house is still going to be covered in the virus. Her mum is a cleaner by trade and a cleaner by inclination so she'll scrub literally everything but that also means she'll be kicking it all up into her face

Ideally my partner's sister should clean but that is not going to happen

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Very very tempted to rig up my speakers out the balcony and play a giant "womp womp" sound effect

horns.aiff, please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Regarding my cat who was spooked by the NHS clap I’ve been zeroing in on him through a few people who’ve replied to my ad sighting him in a street a half mile away. If the Boris clap spooks him AGAIN and he moves further off I am going to be so pissed.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
BoJo isn't going to become a martyr because he died of a plague he deliberately let spread unchecked. Rather he's gonna become a funny pub quiz anecdote.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

Well that's good at least, thanks. Although the house is still going to be covered in the virus. Her mum is a cleaner by trade and a cleaner by inclination so she'll scrub literally everything but that also means she'll be kicking it all up into her face

Ideally my partner's sister should clean but that is not going to happen

Honestly if she doesn’t wipe everything down with fingers and then clean them by inserting them into her mouth, it’ll probably be okay. Nothing is certain in this timeline obviously.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1247479801520230401

lol absolute psycho poo poo.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

mediaphage posted:

Honestly if she doesn’t wipe everything down with fingers and then clean them by inserting them into her mouth, it’ll probably be okay.

Reminded me of:

Ahead of his time, apparently :3:

who'd have thought 25 years later holding a big bag of pasta and wearing a toilet roll crown would make you look a king to all the world

crispix fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 7, 2020

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

feedmegin posted:

I thought this was simply a statement of fact. The 2017 position was that we will Brexit. Brexit means the end of EU freedom of movement, by definition. What was left fuzzy was what would replace that.

It's a weaselly loving response to a question that was obviously about Labour policy wrt migration. An attempt to signal to the racist voters that they'll do what they want, while giving everyone else a "statement of fact" excuse to ignore the signalling. Piss poor.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Tbf at least he holds his boss to the same standard.

Work until you're dead and then we'll recycle the body.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

in a cocoon of bile and paper magazine strips

hahahaha

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

I was literally going to jokingly ask earlier whether IDS had declared him Fit for Work. Incredible.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Most wrestling promotions have a rule that if the champion doesn't defend their title in a match for X months, the title is automatically vacated.

Does the UK system have a similar rule? E.g. if Boris doesn't make a public appearance for 14 consecutive days, the PM belt is automatically vacated and there's a Royal Rumble for all the contenders to fight over it?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

JosephWongKS posted:

Most wrestling promotions have a rule that if the champion doesn't defend their title in a match for X months, the title is automatically vacated.

Does the UK system have a similar rule? E.g. if Boris doesn't make a public appearance for 14 consecutive days, the PM belt is automatically vacated and there's a Royal Rumble for all the contenders to fight over it?

We actually do, but it's not applicable here. If parliament passes a vote of no confidence under the terms of the fixed-term parliament act (a throwdown) and it passes by a majority but not 2/3rds, the government has two weeks to pass a vote of confidence or else an election happens.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Tomberforce posted:

I was literally going to jokingly ask earlier whether IDS had declared him Fit for Work. Incredible.

:lol: IDS is beyond parody.

He is a literal Dickens character.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/katamaridumassy/status/1247431209623445506?s=20

lmao

https://twitter.com/schmrn/status/1247310683315855360?s=20

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Hello UKMT, have some relevant music today:

https://youtu.be/eshA2IEE7F8

https://youtu.be/855klBq2fnQ

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

#ByeAPaper

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

This would be more effective imo if they weren’t all copypasting the same corporate ‘suggestions.’

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

mediaphage posted:

This would be more effective imo if they weren’t all copypasting the same corporate ‘suggestions.’

And if the Sun weren't unfit to soak up cat piss

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Finally got an OK photo of the Wren. It's building a nest :3:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I wonder why the Sun and the rest are struggling at the moment in particular? I mean people aren't buying dailies as much (for obvious reasons) but is it scaring them this much?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

And if the Sun weren't unfit to soak up cat piss

StarkingBarfish posted:

:3:

I love watching birds gather nesting materials. A couple of house finches sat and sang while digging through the (still barren) hanging baskets on our porch yesterday.

Josef bugman posted:

I wonder why the Sun and the rest are struggling at the moment in particular? I mean people aren't buying dailies as much (for obvious reasons) but is it scaring them this much?

I have no proof of any of this but I have to wonder if it isn’t because scaremongering isn’t as attractive when you’re actually, honestly scared of real-world consequences. I was reading a thing recently about how true crime podcasts especially have fallen off a cliff, and it seems like it might be because people just don’t want that poo poo right now.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Josef bugman posted:

Their advertising will have dropped off a cliff too, which is where there revenue actually comes from. Sales are just a number to put in front of the advertisers.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

You would think people are more likely to buy a newspaper at the moment - it gives them an excuse to go outside, something to read that isn't the internet etc. Certainly the corner shop I live above has seen a fairly steady stream of customers all day.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

People normally pick up a paper going to or coming from work.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
God imagine if this virus takes Boris, and kills off the newspapers

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

StarkingBarfish posted:

What lens/set-up do you use? I keep thinking I need a tripod and a lens that didn't come with the camera as half my outdoor photos are a bit off.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

God imagine if this virus takes Boris, and kills off the newspapers

At last, something that can't be blamed on millennials

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

StarkingBarfish posted:

That's an amazing photo omg. One of the positives of self isolating has been sitting bird watching, all the wee dudes getting ready to hunker down is so cute.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Zoomers take all the accolades :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Except all the people literally blaming millennials for the virus spreading because Karen saw one leave the house twice in one day.