Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Given how things have gotten progressively worse under Trump’s administration, and given that we are now dealing with a goddamn pandemic, if you don’t vote for him to be out of office and instead wanna protest vote, then you are partly responsible for whatever depths we hit in another few years.

The pandemic isn’t the bottom of the barrel. I don’t want to get to the bottom of the barrel.

I’m loving desperate to get Trump out of office. It’s incredibly myopic to be another way. Trump’s actions impact the entire loving world. People in other countries would rather Americans vote for the goddamn bogeyman before we let Trump get re-elected.

But at least you’ll have the moral high ground when Trump skids us even further into insanity, right? In 2023 when he’s found another way to make this poo poo worse than a loving pandemic that is killing thousands, it’ll be worth it, right?

I don’t know what Biden will do.

But I do know that Trump will make poo poo worst than it is right now. And look how loving bad things are right now!!

Woofer fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Oh my bad, he's an actual death cultist sorry I've never seen one in the wild before.

Holy loving poo poo just gently caress off already

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

How much responsibility does the DNC have in this primary debacle? Aren't they the ones that set the date of their primaries? Or is it state mandated?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Cole have you considered getting mad at the political party that thought the best way to beat trump was to run their own rapist instead of getting mad people that don't want to vote for a rapist

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Internet Wizard posted:

How much responsibility does the DNC have in this primary debacle? Aren't they the ones that set the date of their primaries? Or is it state mandated?

DNC does not set primary dates. But they can do things like punish states with less delegates if the states all rush to be the first state to be primaried in a gambit to bring ad and venue money into the state. State legislators set the dates.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

PookBear posted:

Cole have you considered getting mad at the political party that thought the best way to beat trump was to run their own rapist instead of getting mad people that don't want to vote for a rapist
Have you considered that I can be mad at two things at once, and that one thing I can’t do anything about anymore so bitching about it right now is screaming into the void?

I don’t want to vote for Biden either. I think he’s a worse candidate than Hillary. But I don’t want Trump in office more than that.

Woofer fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 7, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Everyone is angry and depressed about everything and directing that anger at each other isn't going to help anything.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

This is my polling location.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Flying_Crab posted:

This is my polling location.

Be safe, man.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

McNally give me a 24. I’m losing control and just wanna lash out.

I’m angry and I’m frustrated and I feel like we have no choice but to be hosed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Woofer posted:

Given how things have gotten progressively worse under Trump’s administration, and given that we are now dealing with a goddamn pandemic, if you don’t vote for him to be out of office and instead wanna protest vote, then you are partly responsible for whatever depths we hit in another few years.

The pandemic isn’t the bottom of the barrel. I don’t want to get to the bottom of the barrel.

I’m loving desperate to get Trump out of office. It’s incredibly myopic to be another way. Trump’s actions impact the entire loving world. People in other countries would rather Americans vote for the goddamn bogeyman before we let Trump get re-elected.

But at least you’ll have the moral high ground when Trump skids us even further into insanity, right? In 2023 when he’s found another way to make this poo poo worse than a loving pandemic that is killing thousands, it’ll be worth it, right?

I don’t know what Biden will do.

But I do know that Trump will make poo poo worst than it is right now. And look how loving bad things are right now!!

Sorry, thats not how this works.

The inability of a candidate to garner the votes needed is not the fault of the voters.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Woofer posted:

McNally give me a 24. I’m losing control and just wanna lash out.

I’m angry and I’m frustrated and I feel like we have no choice but to be hosed.

You're not the only person. I'm absolutely despondent about voting for Biden.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm absolutely despondent

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

mlmp08 posted:

DNC does not set primary dates. But they can do things like punish states with less delegates if the states all rush to be the first state to be primaried in a gambit to bring ad and venue money into the state. State legislators set the dates.

And it remains the case that, in Wisconsin, it's not just a primary. GOP may - MAY - not have given a poo poo about moving the date if it was just the primary. Mostly because it would've been even more nakedly about killing Democrats and, more specifically, killing black people, but I'm not going to bet money on that deterring them from trying.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'm in Missouri. I'm not voting for Joe. He won't win (the state and the general) anyway and I'm not going to give the DNC the satisfaction.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm in Missouri. I'm not voting for Joe. He won't win (the state and the general) anyway and I'm not going to give the DNC the satisfaction.

Stay safe and don't let the haters get you down.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Sorry, thats not how this works.

The inability of a candidate to garner the votes needed is not the fault of the voters.

Naw, you're responsible for your own voting decisions.

Strategically? Yeah, to win the candidate needs to take it on themselves to get people's votes.

That's not a shield that protects you from moral judgement for helping Trump get reelected.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jarmak posted:

Naw, you're responsible for your own voting decisions.

Strategically? Yeah, to win the candidate needs to take it on themselves to get people's votes.

That's not a shield that protects you from moral judgement for helping Trump get reelected.

There is nothing we can do to stop Trump from getting re-elected if Biden is the democratic nominee. Shaming people who actually are likely to vote for him does nothing since there are vast swathes of people (not posting here) that are completely unmotivated by him. He's going to lose bad, and we are powerless to change that.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mr. Nice! posted:

There is nothing we can do to stop Trump from getting re-elected if Biden is the democratic nominee. Shaming people who actually are likely to vote for him does nothing since there are vast swathes of people (not posting here) that are completely unmotivated by him. He's going to lose bad, and we are powerless to change that.

This is the thing that I keep coming back to with some people, it's that people are much more motivated to vote for something than against something else. They're incredibly dumb, but Trump has tens of millions of people who love him, love everything he's doing, and want more. You cannot say the same about Joe Biden.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Jarmak posted:

Imagine needing shield from moral judgment because you refused to vote for the marginally lesser of two evils.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

and that's the last I will say about that

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

SimonCat posted:

Sorry, didn't see that guy's reg date till someone pointed it out.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Lmao what

E: my bad, it's early so I got got by a month old troll account.

Even were he not a rereg its pretty obvious that he's not troll posting but candidly anger posting. Its important to learn the distinction when engaging with people online in these stressful times.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Where do we draw the line? In a vacuum its obvious that Biden would be a better president than trump but what about 2024? How do you tell a feminist to support the party that ran a rapist and his history with anita hill? How do you tell a minority to support the political party that ran a candidate with biden's history on civil rights? Which of my moral principles am I going to have to compromise in 2024? Am I supposed to vote for an anti choice democratic when we move further to the right?

How do you tell young people to support a candidate that is against every single policy that could have alleviated the current recession in plague?

PookBear fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 7, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Imagine needing shield from moral judgment because you refused to vote for the marginally lesser of two evils.

Don’t complain when you help get Trump re-elected.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

On the not-so-lighter side of things, an AMR ambulance crew here in Washington, DC resigned before they could be fired for driving around playing the siren sound from "The Purge" and generally freaking everyone out.

https://twitter.com/InezFeltscher/status/1244810054538350596

https://dcist.com/story/20/04/06/ambulance-in-d-c-played-sirens-from-dystopian-film-the-purge/

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Guess they figured they already blew their chances at unemployment.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Woofer posted:

I'll make you a deal. When Trump wins, I won't blame the morally bankrupt hypocrits that voted for Biden, and you wont blame the naive pearl-clutching hypocrits who voted for Sanders. I'll hoist the blade, you can throw the lever. Well switch places every 13.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Woofer posted:

quote:

Jefferson's Tree of Liberty is the tenth album by Jefferson Starship, released on September 2, 2008.[9] It is the band's first studio album since 1999's Windows of Heaven. The new album includes cover songs from Irish, American, English, and Latin-American traditions.[10] The title is a reference to Thomas Jefferson's quotation, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."[11][12] The idea began in 2003 as "The Cuba Project",[13] which was to include classic protest and folk songs recorded in Cuba. In 2008 the album was finally recorded but in California. About half of the songs planned for The Cuba Project were used on the final cut, with other songs coming from Jefferson Starship's previous repertoire and another project band member Paul Kantner had planned called "On the Threshold of Fire."[14] The promotional tour for the album began in late June with shows at Larkspur, California followed by tours in the US and Europe before the album's release, and continued through December 2008 with a further tour in the US and a tour in Japan.[15] On February 1, 2009, more tour dates and venues were announced by the band's manager Michael Gaiman, with additional plans to continue the tour through 2010 and bring it to Australia and South America.[16] David Grisman joined the band for the April 2009 tour dates.[16] The band's promotion for the album ended in June 2009 as the band changed their set-list to Jefferson Airplane's Woodstock Festival material and started touring with the "Heroes of Woodstock" through the end of October.[16]

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Woofer posted:

every dem candidate that dropped out endorsed a rapist who is vehemently against any of the basic progressive policies that every other candidate at least gave half hearted lip service to.

The fault does not lie with the voters who only have two choices to pick from. The fault lies with those in power that limited our options to biden or trump.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 7, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I'll make you a deal. When Trump wins, I won't blame the morally bankrupt hypocrits that voted for Biden, and you wont blame the naive pearl-clutching hypocrits who voted for Sanders. I'll hoist the blade, you can throw the lever. Well switch places every 13.

I don’t make deals with chuds. Sorry.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

PookBear posted:

every dem candidate that dropped out endorsed a rapist who is vehemently against any of the basic progressive policies that every other candidate at least gave half hearted lip service to.

What’s trump doing for you? Better increase his chances of winning.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1247250038822223872?s=20

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Woofer posted:

Carlos Marighella posted:

A DEFINITION OF THE URBAN GUERRILLA
The urban guerrilla is a person who fights the military dictatorship with weapons, using unconventional methods. A revolutionary and an ardent patriot, he is a fighter for his country's liberation, a friend of the people and of freedom. The area in which the urban guerrilla operates is in the large Brazilian cities. There are also criminals or outlaws who work in the big cities. Many times, actions by criminals are taken to be actions by urban guerrillas.

The urban guerrilla, however, differs radically from the criminal. The criminal benefits personally from his actions, and attacks indiscrimminately without distinguishing between the exploiters and the exploited, which is why there are so many ordinary people among his victims. The urban guerrilla follows a political goal, and only attacks the government, the big businesses and the foreign imperialists.

Another element just as harmful to the guerrillas as the criminal, and also operating in the urban area, is the counterrevolutionary, who creates confusion, robs banks, throws bombs, kidnaps, assassinates, and commits the worst crimes imaginable against urban guerrillas, revolutionary priests, students, and citizens who oppose tyranny and seek liberty.

The urban guerrilla is an implacable enemy of the regime, and systematically inflicts damage on the authorities and on the people who dominate the country and exercise power. The primary task of the urban guerrilla is to distract, to wear down, to demoralize the military regime and its repressive forces, and also to attack and destroy the wealth and property of the foreign managers and the Brazilian upper class.

The urban guerrilla is not afraid to dismantle and destroy the present Brazilian economic, political and social system, for his aim is to aid the rural guerrillas and to help in the creation of a totally new and revolutionary social and political structure, with the armed population in power.

Next: PERSONAL QUALITIES OF THE URBAN GUERRILLA

Table of Contents: Minimanual of the Urban Guerrilla

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
A month ago we could still go outside, nobody knows what the election is going to look like in seven (seven!) months, so blaming people for voting for/against Biden is more than a little premature. (Also, telling someone they're terrible for voting for/against someone is a great way to get them to continue voting that way out of sheer spite, so let's try not to do that.)

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Whoever is running the Steak-umm's Twitter account is out there fighting the good fight on The Information Superhighway

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1247343900475490304?s=20

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1247345795575283712?s=20

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1247348011388276739?s=20

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1247350618425110540?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/1247539957951913986

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Woofer posted:

No, you just do as you're told and act smug about it. I'd make a deal with a coward if they could be convinced to stand up.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

No, you just do as you're told and act smug about it. I'd make a deal with a coward if they could be convinced to stand up.

Yes, if anything I’m dripping smugness about Trump getting re-elected.

Chud.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Woofer posted:

I don't know you, but how are you, personally going to be materially affected by Trump's reelection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SimonCat posted:

I don't know you, but how are you, personally going to be materially affected by Trump's reelection?

*wheezes, chokes*