Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Non-essential businesses ignoring the the stay-at-home order and remaining open are subject to UP TO a $10,000 fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, my hair stylist guy posted about it on Facebook immediately. Haircuts for me but not for thee. It’s not the best look for her, well not in that way.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm going to guess her stylist came to her. Have you never had a barber or stylist that travels to you?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’m sure the stylist did. Not sure why Lightfoot thought it was a good idea to mention it.

AmyTheeStallion
Sep 11, 2011
Do you really need a stylist, Lori? Buzz that poo poo, girl. Are short haired goons growing their locs out for quarantine? I would just use my own clippers! Princess Lori had to stunt; now she’s getting heat.

I could make peace with my state splitting up. If anyone needs cheap cigs and guns come see me in the capital. Or do you guys want to keep Sangamon? ...Think of all the Lincoln!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

This has lead to the “this issue why Chicago needs to be a separate state” and “look at the Dems, such hypocrites”.

It is almost like these people do not give a single poo poo about the virus spreading and people dying. All of them are fuckers.

My state Rep just posted an article talking about how we should give herd immunity a try because he 1) read an article in the Federalist and 2) these projections keep changing so we should not trust them.

:eng101:

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

This has lead to the “this issue why Chicago needs to be a separate state” and “look at the Dems, such hypocrites”.

It is almost like these people do not give a single poo poo about the virus spreading and people dying. All of them are fuckers.

My state Rep just posted an article talking about how we should give herd immunity a try because he 1) read an article in the Federalist and 2) these projections keep changing so we should not trust them.

Worked out well for BoJo!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well he's not wrong, herd immunity is something that we'll try but it's because we don't have a choice in the matter. But it's a year or more away as everyone (hopefully) slowly gets sick.

And ragging on scientists for revising their data is SOP for the right wing, they do not give a gently caress that it's a fundamental trait of research.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

xzzy posted:

Well he's not wrong, herd immunity is something that we'll try but it's because we don't have a choice in the matter. But it's a year or more away as everyone (hopefully) slowly gets sick.

And ragging on scientists for revising their data is SOP for the right wing, they do not give a gently caress that it's a fundamental trait of research.

Someone also said that herd immunity works because we can transmit our immunities to the people around us, just like a virus spreads.

We live in the dumbest of worlds.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

He’s welcome to go visit a hospital and contract it from a patient if he believes in herd immunity so much.

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam
Dave McSweeney is just raging at home because of sales tax

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/RiverfrontTimes/status/1247550283611140096?s=20
also I can tell you from experience that she could have been at a much, MUCH better bar

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Beastie posted:

I'm going to guess her stylist came to her. Have you never had a barber or stylist that travels to you?

Yes and its 10 dollars more than going to the shop. Its wonderful and she does great work and convenient as all hell.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/RiverfrontTimes/status/1247550283611140096?s=20
also I can tell you from experience that she could have been at a much, MUCH better bar

Was she at that road house in Alton with the 50 cent food and dollar drinks because that place rules

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

Was she at that road house in Alton with the 50 cent food and dollar drinks because that place rules

you're talking about Fast Eddie's, and no, it's too big of an institution in the STL metro to get caught doing stupid poo poo like this. she was at some mediocre place called Hiram's.

(and you're right, Fast Eddie's is amazing. whenever I go referee hockey over at the Alton rink i'll make a stop there, and i've even filed suspension reports from the bar while waiting on my Hot Chick on a Stick.)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm smoking a legal bowl and staying out of public on my deck. You're welcome JB

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Poque posted:

I'm smoking a legal bowl and staying out of public on my deck. You're welcome JB

Not all heroes wear capes

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Apparently the McLean county sheriff decided to channel lovely chuds on Twitter and bitched about "social justice warriors" recently. Because he is a lovely chud on Twitter.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Failson Jr is trying to use a Breitbart “article” to attack Bustos. Luckily, Illinois reporters already had looked into it.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1248056497399050240.html

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/kharyp/status/1248996880245239808

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Pretty big sign that those parishioners should find a church God approves of.

Edit: Wasn't this the guy who was in the news for refusing to end services?

The X-man cometh fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 11, 2020

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

The X-man cometh posted:

Almost positive that it is.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
They should be jailed

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

The X-man cometh posted:

This says the service was before the lockdown went into effect.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Does anybody know if a request to receive a mail-in ballot for the most recent election will automatically carry forward to the November election? If it doesn't, does anybody know when the requests open so I can stick that on my calendar?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Poque posted:

Does anybody know if a request to receive a mail-in ballot for the most recent election will automatically carry forward to the November election? If it doesn't, does anybody know when the requests open so I can stick that on my calendar?

I assume it's a state thing, but here is the page for Peoria County:
https://www.peoriaelections.org/180/Obtain-Vote-by-Mail-Ballot

TL;DR: it looks like the opening for requesting it for the general election was December 2019, so looks like anytime up to 5 days before the election?

Whether your other request carried forward or not, that is an excellent question that I'm currently trying to figure out. It'd be nice if every single election just showed up in my mailbox so I could remember to vote for even the turbo-local nonsense.

Edit: It's in the second paragraph - you have to be considered disabled in order to get them to automatically show up in your mailbox. And only for a 5-year period. Weak.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
If you're in Chicago you'll need to send another request but they will send you an email reminding you when ballots are available. Looks like I got my last reminder for the general in September.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

welcome posted:

If you're in Chicago you'll need to send another request but they will send you an email reminding you when ballots are available. Looks like I got my last reminder for the general in September.

Sorry to ask such a dumb question - but do you mean they will send a reminder saying "Hey, election is coming up, don't forget to sign up to vote by mail!" or do they only send the reminder if you've signed up for that election in that cycle?

Edit: lol

Zarin fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 14, 2020

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Zarin posted:

Sorry to ask such a dumb question - but do you mean they will send a reminder saying "Hey, election is coming up, don't forget to sign up to vote by mail!" or do they only send the reminder if you've signed up for that election in that cycle?

The former, if you've previously signed up to vote by mail in any election, they will send an email to remind you about future elections as soon as ballots are available. Sorry for being unclear!

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

welcome posted:

The former, if you've previously signed up to vote by mail in any election, they will send an email to remind you about future elections as soon as ballots are available. Sorry for being unclear!

That's awesome!

Hopefully my area will do that as well. Gonna have to try it out this November.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Zarin posted:

I assume it's a state thing, but here is the page for Peoria County:
https://www.peoriaelections.org/180/Obtain-Vote-by-Mail-Ballot

TL;DR: it looks like the opening for requesting it for the general election was December 2019, so looks like anytime up to 5 days before the election?

Oh, I misread the "how to obtain a ballot" page; the dates I said were for "general PRIMARY election".

I emailed the election commission asking why the site was broken and they told me I have to wait until August 5 to sign up for a mail-in ballot the November election.

Not sure what country you are in, ymmv, etc.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

welcome posted:

Yeah this was a real revelation when I first moved here. It should be this way everywhere.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well in a perfect world everyone would do what Washington does but Illinois is a workable second option.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I feel like today's Pritzker address is going to be a must-see:

https://twitter.com/CrainsChicago/status/1250848248694177792

I figured it was probably only a matter of time.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zarin posted:

I feel like today's Pritzker address is going to be a must-see:

https://twitter.com/CrainsChicago/status/1250848248694177792

I figured it was probably only a matter of time.

We have always been at war with Iowa and Missouri

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

mastershakeman posted:

gently caress Provel and gently caress the Cardinals, nothing of value was lost

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I think the main issue is the governors of those places are morons

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

I think the main issue is the governors of those places are morons

yeah, Parson's a twat who only listens to people in the 417 area code

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It's a complete loving joke that our federal government is so inept that states are grouping themselves together to make their own decisions separate from the feds. I guess this is one of the few times that our system of government with fairly independent states is actually going to be a plus. Let the balkanization of the US begin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Trump did make overtures leaning towards forcing states to do everything his way but they all flipped him the bird. So that was some quality distraction the other day.