Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Poque posted:

Yep! Mira was in boxes yesterday and it's back to an empty unsold plot today.

Wait, when they move out they take the whole house with them? That's incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Redczar posted:

Wait, when they move out they take the whole house with them? That's incredible

That's always been how it's worked!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shoehead posted:

If anyone wants a tiny return on their turnips I have em for 255 bells atm.

https://turnip.exchange/island/fbd789b5

Thanks! Just dumped my Turnips because that seems like a decent price compared to what I've been getting locally

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Thanks! Just dumped my Turnips because that seems like a decent price compared to what I've been getting locally

Let us know when your shop buys for 650 this week!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I was tempted to sell with the guy who had 255, if it had been Thursday or later I probably would have. But since it's Tuesday I'm going to chase the 300+ dream a little longer.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/hopeandjoy9/status/1247536790816215040?s=21

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I did it, I beat Animal Crossing, a game I wasn't even expecting to be winnable :confuoot:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Chris Pistols posted:

Has an Animal Crossing game ever had vegetables? Seems like growing, harvesting & selling veg would go hand-in-hand with this game. I like growing my flowers, but I think it would be satisfying to be able to sell a seasonal crop.
I feel like the farther you go in that direction the more it just becomes like harvest moon/stardew

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
How do I get a villager to move out without an amiibo? I've got a strict no birds policy on my island, birds are not cute, therefore scientifically not part of the animal kingdom and they are shrieking hell demons of the sky, officially. So I need to get rid of this Sparro who was one of my initial three villagers. I've tried hitting him with nets and I complain about him every day to Isabelle. Do I have to have a full island before I kick someone off because I've only got 8 villagers so far.

I really hate birds

I'm racist against birds. Birdist

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Where do I get paths? I need to stop my wife running on the flowers.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Guilty posted:

How do I get a villager to move out without an amiibo? I've got a strict no birds policy on my island, birds are not cute, therefore scientifically not part of the animal kingdom and they are shrieking hell demons of the sky, officially. So I need to get rid of this Sparro who was one of my initial three villagers. I've tried hitting him with nets and I complain about him every day to Isabelle. Do I have to have a full island before I kick someone off because I've only got 8 villagers so far.

I really hate birds

Nope, it’s Amiibo or :filez:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Guilty posted:

I really hate birds

I think the best way is to just completely ignore them. It will take a few days, but they'll eventually move out. I think whacking them with a net to get them to move out is a myth.

Sanford posted:

Where do I get paths? I need to stop my wife running on the flowers.

Once your town has a rating of 3 stars, talk to Isabelle and you'll get the KK concert. After the credits roll, you get an app that allows you to build paths.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Guilty posted:

I really hate birds

Get a rando camper and hope that they name Sparro after you beat them at their card game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Villagers will start moving out randomly once you've got 10, after asking you whether or not to.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
How does kicking off villagers using Amiibo work? I'm willing to spend a few bucks to kick off these rats I got without having to bully them for days.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Animal Crossing has a postgame and paths are postgame content?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

doingitwrong posted:

Animal Crossing has a postgame and paths are postgame content?

No, it just has a credit sequence at the end of its tutorial

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:swoon: :neckbeard: :snoop:

BEST DAY EVER I'M SO HAPPY BOB IS MOVING TO MY ISLAND

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MorningMoon posted:

How does kicking off villagers using Amiibo work? I'm willing to spend a few bucks to kick off these rats I got without having to bully them for days.

Amiibo campers will ask for a DIY project, after you give it them talk to them again to get a prompt to invite them to your island. You have to do this 3 separate days and if you're full you'll get an option to kick out a villager of your choice.

Don't worry if they ask you for something you don't know the recipe for, they'll give it to you, so this is also a good way to get DIY recipes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i wish all my villagers would stop calling me "racer" but I didn't have it in me to tell biff it was a terrible nickname

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Casu Marzu posted:

:swoon: :neckbeard: :snoop:

BEST DAY EVER I'M SO HAPPY BOB IS MOVING TO MY ISLAND

Is Bob not wearing a dress anymore? What the hell.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Villagers will start moving out randomly once you've got 10, after asking you whether or not to.

I don't even have 10 villagers and one of mine asked if she should move out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Amiibo campers will ask for a DIY project, after you give it them talk to them again to get a prompt to invite them to your island. You have to do this 3 separate days and if you're full you'll get an option to kick out a villager of your choice.

Don't worry if they ask you for something you don't know the recipe for, they'll give it to you, so this is also a good way to get DIY recipes.

Hmm, on one hand, the extra DIY sound pretty sweet, otoh that'd mean either a whole amiibo per villager i wanna kick out, or trying to get one of those booster cards and risk getting some i don't like. I think I'll just hope for the best when teh village is full and they start asking on their own to leave.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Pakled posted:

I don't even have 10 villagers and one of mine asked if she should move out.

Same. I'm also ready to get Roald and Jay on my island as they were both mainstays for me in pocket camp. I need Jay on a halfpipe nooooow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Circle Nine posted:

Is Bob not wearing a dress anymore? What the hell.

Not since the artstyle change in New Leaf that made everyone taller. At least you can give Bob a dress this time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have less than ten villagers and Tammy is leaving tomorrow.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Ok cool, guess I'll just keep getting randoms to move in. Got another question though, I've bought like four nook miles tickets and got four elephants on the islands, I've talked to them, but not asked them to move in. Then a bear and a squirrel came to my camping site. I thought you had to find someone on the island and ask them to move in in order to get the campsite to work? I'm ok with this since elephants are kinda lame and bears are cute, while the squirrel was super pissed off so he could stay too.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They should have added a condor named Marie who judges the tidiness of your house.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Guilty posted:

Ok cool, guess I'll just keep getting randoms to move in. Got another question though, I've bought like four nook miles tickets and got four elephants on the islands, I've talked to them, but not asked them to move in. Then a bear and a squirrel came to my camping site. I thought you had to find someone on the island and ask them to move in in order to get the campsite to work? I'm ok with this since elephants are kinda lame and bears are cute, while the squirrel was super pissed off so he could stay too.

Nah the campsite and islands are completely unrelated.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nah the campsite and islands are completely unrelated.

That's great news because I'm sick of these elephants. Thanks!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Every time I think about ignoring a villager to make them leave, they start getting excited and chasing me around to get my attention. Stay strong, me v:smithicide:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Guilty posted:

birds are not cute

Wow, a post worse than the ones about leaving with the minus button. :eyepop:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Can't stop making paths all over my island. Help

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

They should have added a condor named Marie who judges the tidiness of your house.

:pusheen:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It sounds like what most players want is to collect a single, perfect set of villagers, and then have them live in an unchanging city, forever. But I have a new goal. A different goal.

When you do a photoshoot with Harvey, it unlocks a poster of that villager. How long will it take to have a poster... for everyone?

Edit: there's 402 recruitable villagers so actually, don't.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

YggiDee posted:

It sounds like what most players want is to collect a single, perfect set of villagers, and then have them live in an unchanging city, forever. But I have a new goal. A different goal.

When you do a photoshoot with Harvey, it unlocks a poster of that villager. How long will it take to have a poster... for everyone?

Oh dang I forgot about that dude's creepy island. Now I can't wait to have a photo shoot with Bob and Marshal :neckbeard:

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Help Im Alive posted:

i wish all my villagers would stop calling me "racer" but I didn't have it in me to tell biff it was a terrible nickname

Better than “J-o-rino”. No, I don’t want to be referred to as the masturbation rhinoceros, thank you very much.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
everybody calls me Vitamin H now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

Hmm, on one hand, the extra DIY sound pretty sweet, otoh that'd mean either a whole amiibo per villager i wanna kick out, or trying to get one of those booster cards and risk getting some i don't like. I think I'll just hope for the best when teh village is full and they start asking on their own to leave.

You can just have the DIY without ever asking them to move in, they only want it as souvenirs. You have to keep prompting them after you've given it to them before they even talk about wanting to move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have never been to Harvey's Island and the only time I remember it exists is for 1 split second when I'm about to use a dodo code or Nook ticket