Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Captain Hygiene posted:

First time I used it. It auto refreshes or you can do it manually, only closing the page dumps you from the queue. It gives you a Dodo code when you hit #5 but you should remember to manually exit the queue when you leave.

Thanks for the info goons. Now to patiently wait for the que to be less than 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Color Printer posted:

Time travelers: do I need to keep all the Bunny Day items for zipper or do I just need them marked as "crafted"

I'd like to know this as well. Not really that fond of the stuff and have it all piled up near the airport like car boot sale.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Sanford posted:

I do not know how you can guys can be bothered at all with the turnips thing. What do you need so much money for?

Do people leave tips when visiting other islands (NOT for turnips) and if so, what? I normally grab a couple of each fruit to drop off but I’m feeling like everyone has that covered now. A few hybrid flowers?

The last housing upgrade is 2.2m and the one before it is 1.7m. Then with a total of 8 bridges and then 8 inclines allowed, that's a few million on its own.

Also, brining this to the new page since turnip rush is real:

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm looking for the plain wooden shop sign DIY recipe still. It looks like this:

I have duplicate recipes for the cherry blossom pochette, branches, trees-wall, picnic set, and wand. I also have dupes of the Bunny Day lamp and Cherry dress. I am willing to trade any of these for the wooden sign.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RCarr posted:

Got down to #20 on the list and then it just suddenly took me out of the queue. Good times.
Wow this just happened to me too, wild. I think I'm gonna stick to the discord bot from now on

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

If I plot out some land does that mean I can run into a villager on an island if the spot isn’t sold? Or so I have to take what they give me?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Sanford posted:

I do not know how you can guys can be bothered at all with the turnips thing. What do you need so much money for?

Do people leave tips when visiting other islands (NOT for turnips) and if so, what? I normally grab a couple of each fruit to drop off but I’m feeling like everyone has that covered now. A few hybrid flowers?

Finding a random stranger/goon with high prices rubs me the wrong way. I can't describe why, it's just not for me. I'm constantly bugging my fiance by shouting at her to check her turnip prices. She doesn't buy them on Sundays because I'm marrying a coward.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Buttflakes posted:

Huxley I'll take whatever lovely flower you want to dig up for me and leave by the airport, thank you. I'm buying seeds like woah and then heading your way, thank you.

Edit: thought the same... oh well, I'll continue my search or maybe hit you up again in the future, thank you. On my way shortly, getting cash.

If I best friend you it lets you dig, right?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
50k bells to move a misplaced house/building, several million to finish your house, there's crowns that cost a million bells, 250k for good slopes and bridges, I am going to need a Lot of Money. Then once I've rearranged all of these houses I have to refurbish them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sanford posted:

I hadn't planned to, but figured I'd go for it when I happened to still get in relatively early in the queue. It's mostly just waiting while you do other stuff, still, I'm not sure I'll bother with another super pricey island unless there's an urgent need for millions of bells that I'm not foreseeing.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

My Island still sucks and is open on OXCXY

edit: There's a camel here. She sold me futuristic wallpaper.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Kart Barfunkel posted:

If I plot out some land does that mean I can run into a villager on an island if the spot isn’t sold? Or so I have to take what they give me?

Yep! As soon as you coax a new villager, it'll pick an empty plot on your island.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sanford posted:

Most people are in the creative phase of their islands now, and moving buildings and putting up bridges and inclines costs a lot of bells. Sometimes you don't realize a placement doesn't work until you live with it a couple days and you want to try something else. Having a bunch in the bank lets you play around with design a little easier.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Buttflakes posted:

Huxley I'll take whatever lovely flower you want to dig up for me and leave by the airport, thank you. I'm buying seeds like woah and then heading your way, thank you.

Edit: thought the same... oh well, I'll continue my search or maybe hit you up again in the future, thank you. On my way shortly, getting cash.

It does, send me your friend code. I'll best friend you while you're here if you want to dig up whites.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Chris Pistols posted:

I'd like to know this as well. Not really that fond of the stuff and have it all piled up near the airport like car boot sale.

Mark as crafted

Haven't done it myself but a friend gave me the Arch's I needed and this creepy rear end wobble toy.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Zodack posted:

There's no reason to have millions of bells in this game anyways unless you plan to either do a LOT of infrastructure work or go onto an online marketplace like Reddit or whatnot and chase DIYs and wishlist items that you want (which if you're patient you can just get through other goons for free)

Look, I need to buy as many crowns as possible, and at 1 to 1.2 million a pop that's a lot of turnips.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

did the queue island crash, i was just about tleave and it DC'd, now the code doesnt work

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Made it as far as selling my turnips and the session ended. RIP

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, looks like the island is down.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ah bummer. Was #12. Better luck next time I guess :shobon:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

It says I'm still in the queue but the island's gates have stopped responding

Calypso Hippo
Dec 29, 2008

Free Air! No Oppression!

ethanol posted:

did the queue island crash, i was just about tleave and it DC'd, now the code doesnt work

Seems like it. Was just selling my turnips and got kicked back to my own island. Now it says the island doesn't exist with that code. :(

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

looks like the queue is back up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm definitely going to run at least one alt character so I can use their house to make idk some kind of restaurant or shop on my main street, so at this point I'm mostly saving up the millions to pay off a second mortgage

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Can the dodo code be updated with the existing queue or does it have to start from scratch?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

YggiDee posted:

It sounds like what most players want is to collect a single, perfect set of villagers, and then have them live in an unchanging city, forever. But I have a new goal. A different goal.

When you do a photoshoot with Harvey, it unlocks a poster of that villager. How long will it take to have a poster... for everyone?

Edit: there's 402 recruitable villagers so actually, don't.

Plus, you know, Sanrio cards are a thing. Good luck getting that Hello Kitty poster.

Sanford posted:

Gotta save up for that crown.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Breadallelogram posted:

looks like the queue is back up

*whew*!!! I'm 32 in line still

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Martytoof posted:

Ah bummer. Was #12. Better luck next time I guess :shobon:

13 :negative:

Edit: phew

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

hey line buddy, 33 here

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I want to visit Harv's Island

said no one ever

Calypso Hippo
Dec 29, 2008

Free Air! No Oppression!
I think the owners Switch went to sleep unfortunately.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
*Slips 10,000 Bells to Orville*

Never mention Local Play to me ever again

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

MacheteZombie posted:

hey line buddy, 33 here

Oh hey I'm 31. :hfive:

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
There was a connection error, sorry my internet is bad.

Trying to set up a new one but the turnip site is not responding.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm just gonna connect you to the ole' innernets, OK??

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

YggiDee posted:

50k bells to move a misplaced house/building, several million to finish your house, there's crowns that cost a million bells, 250k for good slopes and bridges, I am going to need a Lot of Money. Then once I've rearranged all of these houses I have to refurbish them.

Plus some people would just prefer to make their bells and not have to worry about it, instead of farming for tarantulas/giant fish/etc.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fru Fru posted:

There was a connection error, sorry my internet is bad.

Trying to set up a new one but the turnip site is not responding.

When you do, don't post it immediately or it'll get flooded with bots.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Just got the new code, and flying in, should be out soon

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes Orville I know you see my Nook ticket and I know what I can use it for I've done this a hundred times already!!

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

mp5 posted:

When you do, don't post it immediately or it'll get flooded with bots.

It let me edit with the new code. Someone just showed up so it is working I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It looks like the old queue is updating? It just went from max 5 on the island to 3, and I'm still in line.