Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I know this isn't about Joe Biden so sorry if it is too far off topic:

https://gothamist.com/news/surge-nu...HiwhTqJ_WgHu8as

COVID deaths possibly being undercounted because lots of people are dying at home and not being tested.

My wife's uncle was going to die at home until his brother, who lives half a country away, called the sheriff to do a welfare check. He's now on like day 5 of being in an induced coma on a ventilator. I have no doubt there are many more like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Good, gently caress that idiot piece of poo poo bootlicker chud gently caress.

gently caress the entire GOP while we're at it. Ghouls and sycophants, the lot of them.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:bisonyes:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

photoshop goatse into the reflection

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

bloops posted:

The word in Chicago is we’re doing much better than expected and this week is critical for people to seriously not go outside.

Next two days are supposed to be beautiful out....

And my mom's cardiologist just canceled her pacemaker replacement and is pushing it off until the end of June.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

Here's information on the IHME model out of the University of Washington that has been driving some talk: http://www.healthdata.org/covid/faqs

Another on how localities are partnering with universities to make their own models, with different assumptions, and why DC thinks the IHME model is bad: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/coronavirus-peak-dc-maryland-virginia/2020/04/03/0636bc6c-75cf-11ea-87da-77a8136c1a6d_story.html

Here's a longread about where the Trump presser model came from and why epidemiologists think the model was suspect / hot garbo https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/02/experts-trumps-advisers-doubt-white-houses-240000-coronavirus-deaths-estimate/

The trouble is that there's so much we don't know, and no federal government model/standard, and each model is based on assumptions, so localities are pulling from a gazillion different sources. We're so far behind that contact tracing really isn't A Thing in the hotspots.

Thanks!

Edit: Reply =/= quote...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Slight update - Modly has tendered resignation. Esper has not yet accepted it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmao

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://twitter.com/connorobrienNH/status/1247602281115254791

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Good, get hosed.

Also,
https://twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1247605083673632768
Thoughts and prayers.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 7, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

gently caress

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Did Crab Dad get home alright?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Did Crab Dad get home alright?

Yeah, he's reenacting Neil Armstrong's quarantine by living in an RV in his driveway for a few weeks.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

McNally posted:

Yeah, he's reenacting Neil Armstrong's quarantine by living in an RV in his driveway for a few weeks.
Is he peeing in his pajamas space suit?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

McNally posted:

I would totally move into an RV if I could.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I would totally move into an RV if I could.

During video calls a director is either in a Disneyland themed room or his RV's living room. I have no idea what's going on with his home life.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

K he's officially gone now.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1247613418300936193

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That was fast.

Also get hosed NRA :byewhore:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Moreover......not the worst pick in the world? I don't know anything about the man, but the credentials sound reasonable.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

We're not gonna mention aerial soldier and coast guarding soldiers here?

K, carry on seagoing soldiers.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

During video calls a director is either in a Disneyland themed room or his RV's living room. I have no idea what's going on with his home life.
We had a Teams meeting right after this all started and one of the sales guys had a Darth Vader costume in his home office. Turns out he builds props on the side.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Any chance they'll reinstate Capt Crozier?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Fallom posted:

Any chance they'll reinstate Capt Crozier?

And admit getting something wrong?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Just blame it on the last guy and get points for doing the right thing?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Graffiti Highway outside Centralia is being covered up.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Casimir Radon posted:

We had a Teams meeting right after this all started and one of the sales guys had a Darth Vader costume in his home office. Turns out he builds props on the side.

Dang I wish my team was interesting. We had a guy carry his laptop outside to try to show us something in his yard. Before he lost his wifi signal it felt like an episode of Frankenstein wastes a minute of our time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

And admit getting something wrong?

Well now they get to blame it on the recently-departed Secretary Dumbfuck.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Midjack posted:

The Graffiti Highway outside Centralia is being covered up.

For those not in the know, Centralia is in Eastern-ish Pennsylvania, was the home of a coal mine that caught on fire and has been on fire ever since.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The Navy can only retroactively admit it made a mistake after at least 50 years have gone by, and even then only if Congress passes a bill saying so.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SquirrelyPSU posted:

For those not in the know, Centralia is in Eastern-ish Pennsylvania, was the home of a coal mine that caught on fire and has been on fire ever since.

Since 1962!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Last I heard Centralia may have burned itself out.... nobody has really checked.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Last I heard Centralia may have burned itself out.... nobody has really checked.

I feel that would have sparked a celebration in my area that I am not aware of occuring

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Looking at the current information about it I was probably thinking of the part of it near Byrnsdale. The "fire" is actually 4 separate ones and theres 3 definite fronts still going.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I don't think its directly under the town, its spread to the outskirts.

https://youtu.be/LsvYfWjHL04

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Now, unless I'm mistaken, isn't what's going on in Centralia a micro-scale version of an extinction level event that happened a few hundred million years ago?

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Milo and POTUS posted:

photoshop goatse into the reflection

You do it

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Good

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This is a weird press conference even by trump standards

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

shame on an IGA posted:

This is a weird press conference even by trump standards

Care to share some cliff notes? I don’t want to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

he sounds... conciliatory and cooperative