Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I can only picture myself spilling coffee and weed everywhere.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I can only picture myself trying and failing to clean that thing.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Pussy Quipped posted:

I can only picture myself spilling coffee and weed everywhere.

It's a puzzle mug where you have to rip the bowl while you take the last sip in order for the suction to keep the bowl from dumping its contents onto your face when you tilt the mug back

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 6, 2020

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I’m actually 3 bowls in and haven’t spilled anything. You just have to finish the bowl before you take the last big sip to finish the cup. Also lots of booze in the coffee.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Harton posted:

I’m actually 3 bowls in and haven’t spilled anything. You just have to finish the bowl before you take the last big sip to finish the cup. Also lots of booze in the coffee.

Oh that's cool, I didn't realize it was yours.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

No better way to spend quarantine

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

My morning routine is always coffee and a bowl until I poo poo. Then I start getting stuff done.

My wife got me this so I’m not carrying a ton of gear everywhere in my wandering.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

bagmonkey posted:

So what is everyone using in replacement of iso to clean their poo poo? I'm just getting to the stage where I should be cleaning poo poo and wondering if there is some stoner magic I haven't learned yet

I use the formula 420 someone recommended to me. There's still plenty on Amazon if you really need it, iso is gone because it has other useful properties whereas formula 420 does not really

Boy of Joy posted:

No need to yell. But I think the jury is still out on that one, I read a study where they found THC did in fact negatively affect immune system response for some types of viral diseases, HIV and Influenza were two that they examined.

But this is the weed thread lol I’ll shut up about it

Edit: if anyone wants to read the study: https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/481824

quote:

"Marijuana cannabinoids present us with a double edged sword," Nagarkatti said, because they can cause increased susceptibility to cancer and infections, but they can also open the door to opportunities to treat disorders where a suppressed immune system is beneficial, such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, lupus and hepatitis.

There are certain diseases and cancers that seem to be affected one way or another by THC, although I haven't seen any evidence conclusively showing it in people, just animals. Regardless, it is probably the case and folks with certain diseases like cancer or HIV will probably want to weigh their options carefully. Posting at people healthy people to stop smoking during a quarantine (in the weed thread no less) is silly as heck though man

Squalid posted:

New York's legalization initiative has died in the legislature, it's been cut from the budget proposal. Yet another victim of the 'roni :(

State ballot initiatives still gathering signatures are also going to have a hard time. North Dakota's recreational organizers have basically declared defeat. Arizona's activists have already collected a lot of signatures, and are fighting to be able able to collect more online, but I'm still worried about their campaign :sigh:

Basically all the legislative attempts to legalize this year already look dead. A lot of ballot initiatives in big states like Florida have already failed. We'll have medical proposals on the ballot in a few states like Mississippi, but I'm worried the only place we might be able to expand the recreational market this year is New Jersey. Corona virus evens seems like its going to mess up Mexico's court mandated date of April 30 to finalize rules for their upcoming recreational system, and who knows when it will get resolved. . .

Oh man it's just so frustrating seeing how slow progress has been towards legalization, even as it seems like public support has become overwhelming. I just don't understand why governments seem so incapable of taking action

Yeah that's a huge bummer. If it's any consolation, all indications are that it will happen in time. Losing chances to make it happen though is unfortunate

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Harton posted:

this guy fucks

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
i bought 35 grams and then put it in one of those unlabeled dark UV proof jars. if something happens I plan to clutch it to my chest like a Pharoah for when they find me

i love you jar, you understand me in these trying times.

e2: 9 different strains in the same jar because chaos reigns

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 7, 2020

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
^ This guy is speaking my language.

I told my wife it was 4/20 all month and her response was "so this changes your habits how?" and I just love that she gets me.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

weed

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

dude

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

:hmmyes:

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

I really like the dry vape, feels like a bit of a different high as well.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

zer0spunk posted:

i bought 35 grams and then put it in one of those unlabeled dark UV proof jars. if something happens I plan to clutch it to my chest like a Pharoah for when they find me

i love you jar, you understand me in these trying times.

e2: 9 different strains in the same jar because chaos reigns

I can already distinguish like six of those strains with my eyes, that's just beautiful.

I dunno, I'm still keeping my strains separate but once my stash is reduced to the point that it's less than an oz maybe I'll put it all in the same oz jar. I'm not sure why I even keep them separate because honestly I rarely care at all what kind of weed I'm smoking, as long as it actually is weed that's good enough

Does the UV Proof actually make any difference to the buds?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

dew worm posted:

I really like the dry vape, feels like a bit of a different high as well.

Yeah, I much prefer it. Feels cleaner somehow, and I'm not hacking up a lung. After getting my fury edge, it's basically replaced my one hitters.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Play posted:

I can already distinguish like six of those strains with my eyes, that's just beautiful.

I dunno, I'm still keeping my strains separate but once my stash is reduced to the point that it's less than an oz maybe I'll put it all in the same oz jar. I'm not sure why I even keep them separate because honestly I rarely care at all what kind of weed I'm smoking, as long as it actually is weed that's good enough

Does the UV Proof actually make any difference to the buds?

i'd have to test it against a mason jar or something, but they (and every other tinted glass company) say light (specifically UVB) breaks down thc..i kinda miss being able to see the weed though, can't front.

e: usually i don't keep enough it around for long enough to use the jar in the first place

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 7, 2020

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I use a clear jar but I live in a dark pit, so

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

will formula 420 kill the virus?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

poverty goat posted:

sure. why not?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

poverty goat posted:

no, only mutate it into something more

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Something more chill

bend
Dec 31, 2012
I bought a dynavap because I keep forgetting to charge my pax before I go bush (also I got stoned and lost it the other day, found now though).
This is definitely a winning thing as now I dont need to charge the battery and im too high to find the charger anyway.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Play posted:

:rolleyes: No you can't.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
so I dropped smoking entirely and now im with only edibles and since I had a two month break i'm down with just doing edibles now. i learned how to make really strong firecrackers through repetition and experimentation so now it's really easy to just get hosed up. i ate one 13 hours ago and while i stopped being completely hosed after 7 hours im still like, 3/10 high. or just relaxed and not used to feeling that way cause the last few months have just been mental illness hell

anyways weed's good. glad i stopped smoking it cause it was loving up my breathing and now i can have the best of both worlds. being high and breathing

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

What’s your firecracker method?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

you're misunderstanding me, not by strain just by features. As in, I can tell there are at least six different strains in there because they all look delicious in different ways and they all have slightly different characteristics

It was like, the first thing I noticed upon looking at that picture

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Play posted:

you're misunderstanding me, not by strain just by features. As in, I can tell there are at least six different strains in there because they all look delicious in different ways and they all have slightly different characteristics

It was like, the first thing I noticed upon looking at that picture

yeah if you said ID i woulda called bullshit unless you're some sort of botanist rainman

it's kinda obvious there's a bunch of different buds in there from hues alone...

i call it potpurri

Play
Apr 25, 2006

zer0spunk posted:

yeah if you said ID i woulda called bullshit unless you're some sort of botanist rainman

it's kinda obvious there's a bunch of different buds in there from hues alone...

i call it potpurri

man most of the time I don't even know what strain I'M smoking

Yeah I wasn't saying it was anything special, just that I like looking at weed and noting all the different characteristics you can use to tell one from the other, obviously there is a lot more to it than just hue and it's just really cool that weed is such a beautiful and variable-looking plant

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
weed: why u so pretty :swoon:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah there is so much difference between strains taste and smell wise, even highs to a degree. Weed is an incredible plant.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
lain fallow for a while, just getting things going again. fresh leaf mould is really amazing stuff

the big one. new compost and a bunch of buckwheat as cover crop, no pot seeds yet. lots of pillbugs in there, i get rather caught up in watching them do their thing. rather cute in my opinion. changed the watering from drippers to the soak tape, hope that can keep the moisture more even across the surface

took six seeds from one of my plants last year, 3 per pot and they all popped. looking good so far, these guys will go outside when the weather allows

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

My grinder is really hard to grind because of all the crud in it so I'm using a pill bottle with a quarter. Dark days

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You don't have a backup grinder and a backup backup grinder? I'll be praying for you.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Is it mean to take away your kid's weed during covid lockdown?

Asking for a friend

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Withnail posted:

Asking for a friend

Gulag; one hundred years

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Withnail posted:

Asking for a friend

as long as it gets smoked, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Well everything sucks so I guess it’s time to smoke a weed and ride my gold horsey around rdr2 for a few hours.