Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Trump just now on Wisconsin. I'm paraphrasing since it was live:

Reporter: "What do you say about you're advice about social distancing and the people voting in Wisconsin?"

Trump: "That's not my problem. That's the democratic governor's problem."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Ranidas posted:

My mother in law refuses to stop visiting her family and neighbors, and is hosting an Easter brunch. She thinks we're being silly for not attending. (Fun side note, she's a healthcare professional who sees patients!) She is convinced she would know if she were sick.

That’s basically criminal and definitely idiotic.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Reporter: "What do you say about you're advice about social distancing and the people voting in Wisconsin?"

:stonklol::suicide:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mrfart posted:

It's not exactly like he got chloroquine out of thin air. It's an very old drug, and the chinese have been experimenting with it since the beginning of the outbreak.
During the SARS outbreak in 2004 by a team of virologists in Belgium under Professor Van Ranst (a guy you see on the news every night now here), found the antivirally working of it against SARS and it could be used at concentrations safe for humans. But the SARS epidemic died out too fast in China and Canada, making it impossible to test chloroquine in patients.

Anyway, a lot of people have been testing it now, some more safely than others. And it will always remain dangerous. Also, there are a fuckton of people out there that bought these aquarium pills, because the shops sold out.

There's also already a couple of other 'wonderdrugs' they're looking in to, like ivermectine. All can potentially be deadly.

Yeah I think the more annoying thing is it's just become this 'Trump Cure' where it's nothing of the sort, just a well known medication that Trump happened to hear something about and his idiot brain latched onto it, that's all. People are acting like daddy trump loving brewed the poo poo in his basement for christ sake

sweet thursday posted:

This Mnoba guy is a p bad poster, huh

seems like it yeah

Mnoba posted:

everyone here can post as they see fit about this, go be a corona post nazi somewhere else

trumplover calls other people nazis in shameless display of projection, news at 11

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Holy poo poo

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Desperado Bones posted:

What does yellow/orange-ish puke means when you got nothing else in your stomach?

the only time that happened to me it was from food poisoning. i was in italy and ate a steak that was basically raw because i thought it was normal there. maybe it is, and it tasted great, but the next day it made me extremely sick and after i puked up all the actual food i kept puking up some kind of orange goo for the next week even though i couldnt eat anything at all. it sucked. did you eat a raw steak or anything else sketchy recently?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Holy poo poo

Id say he's a child but not even my students are like this

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I wish I could take control of all TVs in Wisconsin and play that clip for every piece of poo poo who voted for him and they can see what he really thinks about Wisconsin. Literally doesn't care if they die.

They won't care though they'll still vote for him lol

I've been just furious the past two days.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

I wish I could take control of all TVs in Wisconsin and play that clip for every piece of poo poo who voted for him and they can see what he really thinks about Wisconsin. Literally doesn't care if they die.

They won't care though they'll still vote for him lol

I've been just furious the past two days.

they would be happy he is hurting democrats

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Earwicker posted:

the only time that happened to me it was from food poisoning. i was in italy and ate a steak that was basically raw because i thought it was normal there. maybe it is, and it tasted great, but the next day it made me extremely sick and after i puked up all the actual food i kept puking up some kind of orange goo for the next week even though i couldnt eat anything at all. it sucked. did you eat a raw steak or anything else sketchy recently?

Yeah, that's just bile because your stomach is empty, nothing to do with the actual cause of the vomiting. Not much you can do except try to keep some fluids down to keep hydrated and see a doctor if it continues for more than like a day or two (because you might have something more serious causing the neverending vomit carnival)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Earwicker posted:

Again.
That's bile.

You puked until you ran out of food and so you puked up mucus and bile. Bile is sorta weirdish colored at best. It's not specifically raw steak poisoning. Or even just food poisoning.
They just puked on an empty stomach.

e: also eat beef raw almost all the drat time if it's steak. That's good and normal.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 7, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

they would be happy he is hurting democrats

I promise you this is true.

Although it wasn't just a democratic primary so their dumb asses were out there voting too.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
How China weaponized its supply chain

quote:

Damningly, while President Xi Jinping tried to suppress the pandemic brewing in Wuhan, his senior advisors conspired to weaponize China’s medical supply chain by draining high-quality medical supplies from Western sources, flooding desperate ones with bad equipment, and controlling a global position in pharmaceutical manufacturing. This represents a whole new unimaginable concept for Canadian foreign policy to contend with: weaponized medicine. 

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

cynic posted:

Yeah, that's just bile because your stomach is empty, nothing to do with the actual cause of the vomiting. Not much you can do except try to keep some fluids down to keep hydrated and see a doctor if it continues for more than like a day or two (because you might have something more serious causing the neverending vomit carnival)

This is one of the legit used for sport drink, it helps you keeping hydrated and keep everything inside while giving a bit of energy(because of the sugar).

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Don't get too mad, hypertension exacerbates the rona

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
corporate shout-out to AT&T and fed-ex for getting my moms broken phone replaced and activated inside of 24 hours. It may sound minor or first-world but it was her only contact with friends and family, and it broke at the worst time, and those fuckers came through. Meanwhile every other company's customer service has been either impossible or off-line

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

I moved to WI right after Walker came in, and I thought things would turn around with Evers, but god drat Vos and Fitzgerald are assholes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

They already have a huge global position in pharmaceutical manufacturing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1247651313724403712

When Trump was saying “we don’t shut down the country for the flu” he was actually taking about the Spanish flu and saying the Covid19 was terrifying not saying it wasn’t a big deal.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

e: also eat beef raw almost all the drat time if it's steak. That's good and normal.

i used to eat beef extremely rare all the time before that happened, as well as straight up raw beef in the form of carpaccio, but that one was definitely more like a big steak that had been very briefly seared and was mostly completely raw. like i said it was very tasty. but after that bout of food poisoning ive felt ill every time ive eaten rare beef (even a very good steak) and tend to avoid beef in general these days. rare/raw beef is always a gamble, you can be fine for years and then get something that just fucks you up

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I think it's dumber then that, they give cheap quickly made medical supply just for propaganda so they look good in the eyes of the eyes of their population and their allies. Doesn't matter that when the gig is up everyone realized they are cheap piece of poo poo. They can say "We gave them x amount of y supply during the crisis".

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Genderfluent posted:

I moved to WI right after Walker came in, and I thought things would turn around with Evers, but god drat Vos and Fitzgerald are assholes

Yep! Evers comes in and can't even do anything because of those fuckers. Plus our Supreme Court is all right wing people. Nothing will happen until those two fuckers are gone and that's very unlikely because we have almost the worst gerrymandering in the country.

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

Excuse my ignorance, but why are those Democratic primaries so important? Didn't the 'not Bernie' old man already win? Could Bernie save a lot of lives by saying: "just don't vote"?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Lotti Fuehrscheim posted:

Excuse my ignorance, but why are those Democratic primaries so important? Didn't the 'not Bernie' old man already win? Could Bernie save a lot of lives by saying: "just don't vote"?
They’re not, but a state Supreme Court judge is also being voted on today.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/wade_snowden/status/1247657815600238592

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
The Bing Covid-19 tracker is the best thing about Bing

https://bing.com/covid?form=COVD07

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I posted a while back about a scammy N95 mask selling site my dad got suckered into paying $70 for a box of masks, he actually got them in the mail today and they're really bad Chinese counterfeits of "Uniair" brand masks (which are made by a Taiwanese company and are actually NIOSH certified). Breathing through them is like breathing through nothing at all, can't imagine they're filtering much but I guess it's better than nothing if people are wearing bandanas and poo poo.

In a shocking turn of events the website has disappeared! https://pinlisale.com/

Reminder again if you have old parents warn them about sketchy websites and trusting their lives to counterfeits made by criminals.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Illuminti posted:

The Bing Covid-19 tracker is the best thing about Bing

https://bing.com/covid?form=COVD07

Why isn't India completely invisible under a totally opaque orange circle? Are they still early, lack of testing/reporting, or have they managed to dodge a bullet after all?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Fabulousity posted:

Why isn't India completely invisible under a totally opaque orange circle? Are they still early, lack of testing/reporting, or have they managed to dodge a bullet after all?

Probably a combination of all 3

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

anatomi posted:

I have a UVC array from an old hydroponics set-up in the attic somewhere. In combination with steaming and baking I guess that'll have to suffice. Cheers.

Oh, you don't have to do all the things, just one. Even hospitals are only doing one. If you have UVC and a safe place to set it up that's probably the one least likely to contribute wear and tear to the mask. Just don't go blind.

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

Why are you so dysfunctional with your voting procedure.

It is almost as bad as the Republican Roman system, where on the first day the nobility voted, then on subsequent days the ever lower classes of the city would queue, but in practice voting was considered conclusive long before everybody had their turn.

But it really looks like the USA is drifting towards a similar system.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Fabulousity posted:

Slow start for some reason combined with hardly any testing. I can't imagine it's not spreading around the slums rapidly and just being ignored

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

It is almost as bad as the Republican Roman system, where on the first day the nobility voted, then on subsequent days the ever lower classes of the city would queue, but in practice voting was considered conclusive long before everybody had their turn.

It completely depends on which state you live in. In the not completely lovely states like California, Oregon, Washington, you get your ballot in the mail, take your time filling it out, then mail it back whenever. I live in CA and have voted in every election for several decades and I can't remember the last time I voted in person.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
"That's not my problem. That's the democratic governor's problem." -trump said with poo poo on his teeth

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Very, honestly evil people are in charge and are doing whatever they can to prevent voting. Trump even admitted, if people vote, republicans lose.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DreadLlama posted:

Fake edit: Does the virus not hate sunlight? If I were hypothetically serious, would these efforts not be unnecessary after a sunny day?

UVC gets blocked by the atmosphere. Which is why we aren't all blind, lol.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Facebook Aunt posted:

Eh life would find a way if it didn't get blocked.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Very, honestly evil people are in charge and are doing whatever they can to prevent voting. Trump even admitted, if people vote, republicans lose.

I agree.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

I look at is the Americans have a two party system they're trying really hard to make a one party system.

And their health care is LOL.

sorry American goons I still love you but the optics are terrible haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

There's UV in sunlight that kills stuff too just slower