Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

incoherent posted:

Hey goons, got 600+ a turnup. Is it a bad ideal to post my dodo code here?

Take it to the SA Animal Crossing Discord - there's a helpful bot there to steer folks in for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

incoherent posted:

Probably best if you just PM it to me.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

incoherent posted:

I'm sorry, but if you post it here you will detract attention away from my top quality content posts.

Guys, I spoke to an animal on my island and the animal was SO friendly!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

incoherent posted:

I'll give you 400k if you give it to me and me alone

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yes the other three were standing there singing while this went on

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

incoherent posted:

Just give your copy for a few hours and I'll take care of that for you.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Chris Pistols posted:

I'm sorry, but if you post it here you will detract attention away from my top quality content posts.

Guys, I spoke to an animal on my island and the animal was SO friendly!

STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT!

Guys, does anyone play this game called Animal Crossing: New Horizons?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Audie clapped for me catching the fleas off Knox and I found that way funnier than it should be

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Stux posted:

yes the other three were standing there singing while this went on

what to heck, I never get this many villagers milling around together

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The goons animal crossing discord has a good bot that lets people in one at a time and send them a direct message when it's their turn. If you don't want to meet with that turnip.exchange is another good option but make sure you have it set to private or everyone will find it. Set your max people on island to like 2, things will move a lot faster

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

for april fools I said I had 'nips going for 690 and my dodo code was APRFL and I now know the definition of a "thirst trap"

the only local I know who follows me who is major poopsocking, to the point he's buying from people who time travel to sunday all week, spent like an hour trying before putting it together

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'd there any way to have a complete outfit on a dummy? I want to put the entire outfit on one spot

Are the items not for sale in the changing room? All the items from both dummies are there for me, but it's also the first day the shop is open on my island.

One of them is this punk outfit with a pleather face mask:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

So I've never played any Animal Crossing before this, but my boyfriend was bugging me to get this one so we could play together. I'm something like four days in, and I'm actually really liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I usually bounce off games like this, but this one is nice to play when I'm not in the mood to grind out rare pokemon spawns (hooray for trying to get a complete living pokedex). I'm having an issue with not having enough dang rocks on my island though. I'm at the stage where I need to furnish three houses for people to come live here, and one of them wants all stone furniture. And I have ONE rock on my entire island. I wish that I could buy stone/iron/clay from the shops but nope. So my poor boyfriend has been giving me supplies, but I don't want to take all his stuff because he's still building up his island too. Is there any way to get more rocks to spawn? Also, any other tips/tricks I might not know about?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The goons animal crossing discord has a good bot that lets people in one at a time and send them a direct message when it's their turn. If you don't want to meet with that turnip.exchange is another good option but make sure you have it set to private or everyone will find it. Set your max people on island to like 2, things will move a lot faster

Turnip Exchange doesn't seem to be working at the moment. At least for me.

I still get to see gems like the guy trying to charge 5 NMT or 100k gold to buy turnips from Daisy Mae at like 95 bells a pop.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh my god its gonna break when im 5th in line

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

At least you got in line.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm looking at the code now. looks like someone checked "no rotten turnips" hahaha. sorry. i'm just kidding

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Soysaucebeast posted:

So I've never played any Animal Crossing before this, but my boyfriend was bugging me to get this one so we could play together. I'm something like four days in, and I'm actually really liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I usually bounce off games like this, but this one is nice to play when I'm not in the mood to grind out rare pokemon spawns (hooray for trying to get a complete living pokedex). I'm having an issue with not having enough dang rocks on my island though. I'm at the stage where I need to furnish three houses for people to come live here, and one of them wants all stone furniture. And I have ONE rock on my entire island. I wish that I could buy stone/iron/clay from the shops but nope. So my poor boyfriend has been giving me supplies, but I don't want to take all his stuff because he's still building up his island too. Is there any way to get more rocks to spawn? Also, any other tips/tricks I might not know about?

Grab your tools and a Nook ticket. Nook islands are for getting the mats your home may not have enough of yet. Keep your net out when shaking trees, and take advantage of visitors that want to buy your bugs and fish. Fruit trees will never have wasps. Visit your neighbors!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

uwaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Soysaucebeast posted:

1. Don't be a dickhead like me and smash the rocks completely. Each one takes a day (?) to respawn.
2. Stand diagonally to a rock. Dig 2 holes 'behind' you. These will stop you moving backwards when you hit the rock.
3. How much stuff the rock spits out depends on how quickly you hit it in succession (hence the holes to stop you moving backwards). Point at the rock and hammer the A button until you have 8 items.
4. If you want a quick fix, just ask Goons for materials.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Soysaucebeast posted:

your own island will have multiple rocks on it but some might be in areas you cant get to. also if youve been breaking rocks only one respawns per day so dont break them. the easiest way to get a bunch of resources is nook miles tickets, outside of a handful of possible islands youll generally find 5 rocks to smack on each one

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/Nellichka_/status/1246467363639361536

https://twitter.com/Nellichka_/status/1246467429003296769

https://twitter.com/Nellichka_/status/1246467449752600579

TLDR: Until you get your first campsite villager, the interiors of the residents houses loving suck permanently and you can't do anything about it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I found the robot frog! I FOUND THE ROBOT FROG

We are going to be friends.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

the cute cat reading a book under a tree or one of the hundred people queuing to sell 5000 turnips... who is the real animal.......

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Just got out of Fru Fru's island. Thanks for the ~2 million. Left a couple of bags by the message board. You're a legend. :)

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

incoherent posted:

:stwoon: post it

turnip exchange site is busted even when it's online, which is not atm

p pls

Oh Mister B
Feb 29, 2008

i could not get thru september w/o a battle

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh my god its gonna break when im 5th in line

please take off your facemask and or nappy before going.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Any high turnip places still going on? Friend of mine asked me to keep a eye out for him and I kinda fell asleep earlier and now I feel bad :ohdear:

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

TLDR: Until you get your first campsite villager, the interiors of the residents houses loving suck permanently and you can't do anything about it.

I must be the minority of people who prefer villagers having normal looking houses instead of loving circuses.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

incoherent posted:

Sold mine for 900,000 bells, I left you a tip outside the Cranny.

Now I can just escape this island.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

LastGoodBoy posted:

I must be the minority of people who prefer villagers having normal looking houses instead of loving circuses.

Same. I was a bit hacked off that I was tasked to make 3 interior items for each of my first villagers that they never used.

These were GIFTS.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gator jo whats taking 35 minutes bro

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

incoherent posted:

Please do. I have an inventory of turnips to unload and the turnip exchange site is busted as heck.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Chris Pistols posted:

Same. I was a bit hacked off that I was tasked to make 3 interior items for each of my first villagers that they never used.

These were GIFTS.

had one of those move out and seeing the empty plot with the outdoor stuff I made for them still sitting there got a good chuckle out of me

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Vandar posted:

Please do. I have an inventory of turnips to unload and the turnip exchange site is busted as heck.

It's a joke, my loves.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

incoherent posted:

I was 10th in line after waiting literally all day for the other turnips then the site crashed on me. I could really use that code if you're willing to share.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

That's a bummer, I hope they fix it. My two starter villagers are my favorites so I don't want to kick them out.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mordiceius posted:

no surely you can banish the villager and whoever moves in to replace them will have good taste?

LastGoodBoy posted:

the only circus house i've seen so far is keaton, like yeah sterling lives in a loving dungeon barracks but where else are you gonna live if you're a knight

if anything beau's house is WAY too normal

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 8, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

With the power of amiibo cards couldn't you banish the villager and bring them back in 3 days, not unlike Jesus, to live with you again only with furniture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Policenaut posted:

With the power of amiibo cards couldn't you banish the villager and bring them back in 3 days, not unlike Jesus, to live with you again only with furniture?

I could, but all my starting villagers suck rear end and I'm getting rid of them for good.

Except Cherri. That bish is totes!