Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mortisXL
Jan 23, 2004
$297? More like $287!! LOL!
Can anything be done about the people hanging out in Tenel for 30+ minutes? I'm #27 in line with an hour remaining and feeling despair. 😞

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

LLJKSiLk posted:

Still trying to get into Tenel but Talia/LODGE NORT have both been taking up spots for 30+ minutes. Guys, there's like an hour to go, what are you doing?

I left the queue a long time ago!

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
Thank you Fru Fru for being so generous and patient! Left you a tip and a Cuckoo Clock since I don't have any roses. Your island is beautiful!

In general talk I'm not sure what to do with my second small room. I've been collecting kitchen stuff and so the obvious answer is to turn it into a super kitchen, but having that stuff in the main room makes it feel so much more cozy.

Tomorrow I am going to focus on replanting trees so I can have more people move in.

Oh, and for queue related stuff, the second it gave me the code it said I had had it for four minutes, so I don't think the site is accurate.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

LODGE NORTH posted:

I left the queue a long time ago!

Something is busted then.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

LLJKSiLk posted:

Something is busted then.

I'm guessing the site itself is going through updates or code-changes? I don't know. I hit leave queue maybe an hour and a half ago after getting into the town and selling my turnips. When I revisit the site in the window I had it in, it just shows me the screen as if I could join the queue:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Thank you for hosting me down under! I stayed for as long as I could stand it with everyone coming and going, and left you a bunch of flower seeds and oranges behind your town hall!

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm guessing the site itself is going through updates or code-changes? I don't know. I hit leave queue maybe an hour and a half ago after getting into the town and selling my turnips. When I revisit the site in the window I had it in, it just shows me the screen as if I could join the queue:

Talia just cleared queue. It still shows you in there. No idea what's going on, it's just caused a gigantic chokepoint with 50 minutes to go.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Celeste showed up for the first time and every villager is talking about something social happening tonight but I've looked at the sky for like ten minutes at a time a couple times and nothing has happened. When does the meteor shower start?

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Celeste showed up for the first time and every villager is talking about something social happening tonight but I've looked at the sky for like ten minutes at a time a couple times and nothing has happened. When does the meteor shower start?

Just listen for a bell sound and tilt your camera up (with no tools in hands). A meteor shower will go on for hours.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LLJKSiLk posted:

Just listen for a bell sound and tilt your camera up (with no tools in hands). A meteor shower will go on for hours.

I can't hear these bells. Do I have to walk around and not till until I hear it, or can I just park and watch?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Sometimes Celeste visits but there's no meteor shower.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

I can't hear these bells. Do I have to walk around and not till until I hear it, or can I just park and watch?

I had a meteor shower last week. Every 4-5 minutes or so you'll get a cluster of shooting stars. As long as your sky is clear (no clouds).

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

LODGE NORTH posted:

You just cleared the queue. Not sure what happened. Did you exit your browser or reboot or something?

mortisXL
Jan 23, 2004
$297? More like $287!! LOL!
I'm curious how turnip.exchange knows there are X number of people currently on the island? Does it actually hook up to AC's servers somehow?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LLJKSiLk posted:

You just cleared the queue. Not sure what happened. Did you exit your browser or reboot or something?

The site is just busted and janky. It’s not worth waiting hours to get kicked for no reason.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

The site is just busted and janky. It’s not worth waiting hours to get kicked for no reason.

I saw a 600 que island the other day.

Imma just sell my poo poo at 159 lmao.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
So I got a recipe for a cherry-blossom wand that requires star fragments. Am I understand that if I don't luck out with a meteor shower (or find one elsewhere) I can't complete this recipe and thus the event?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

LastGoodBoy posted:

The beauty is you really only need to care about the turnip stuff once. I made like 5.5 million bells in one day, so I'm just done with money now.

The 3rd side room is 0.79 million bells, the 2nd floor is 1.9? million bells, and I'm assuming the basement is 2.5+ million bells.

So even with 5 mill you're gonna run low quick, not to mention building bridges and ramps.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

LLJKSiLk posted:

At first, I rebooted my PC and had a friend check if I showed up and it still showed me, so I flushed my DNS cache and it was the same thing. After that, I just said gently caress it and turned off my phone and disconnected my router for a few minutes; figured if anything, it'd time me out for being actually inactive.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Crescent Wrench posted:

So I got a recipe for a cherry-blossom wand that requires star fragments. Am I understand that if I don't luck out with a meteor shower (or find one elsewhere) I can't complete this recipe and thus the event?
There's no event for cherry blossoms. They'll keep, they just stop spawning on the 11th.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

MrMortisland posted:

I'm curious how turnip.exchange knows there are X number of people currently on the island? Does it actually hook up to AC's servers somehow?

It doesn't know, it relies on users clicking leave when they're done or the host removing people who forgot

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There's no event for cherry blossoms. They'll keep, they just stop spawning on the 11th.

Oh okay, I just assumed they were lumped in with the egg stuff. Thanks for clarifying!

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

incoherent is a drat saint. Thanks again.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Gah I got kicked from the queue twice tonight.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LLJKSiLk posted:

I had a meteor shower last week. Every 4-5 minutes or so you'll get a cluster of shooting stars. As long as your sky is clear (no clouds).

My sky is not clear but she said it was and every villager is talking about it. Surely they wouldn't have no shower the first time she finally showed up

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

LonelyMudkip posted:

Opening up for a bit! Southern hemisphere, midday, native cherries, currently raining stopped raining. I'll be mostly AFK doing other stuff.

- Kicks is here, not much of note except visual-punk boots
- Able's have the matching visual-punk dress, an awesome tiger-face tee dress, firefighter's hats, 3d glasses, acid wash jeans and some other stuff
- Nook's Cranny has a pink portable record player, a stand mixer, an anatomy model and a go board. Flowers are red/white roses, lillies and mums. Turnips are garbage, sorry

Whoops communication error. It's stopped raining and I'm out of fossils, but there's still all this other cool stuff. If anyone gives a tiger dress to their tiger villager, I will be very happy.

Code: edit: another communication error, closing for the day. Thanks to everyone who dropped by!

The Lobster posted:

Thank you for hosting me down under! I stayed for as long as I could stand it with everyone coming and going, and left you a bunch of flower seeds and oranges behind your town hall!

Thanks! That was a fun surprise, I glanced at my switch and saw a seed packet peeking out from behind the hall :)

LonelyMudkip fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 8, 2020

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

My sky is not clear but she said it was and every villager is talking about it. Surely they wouldn't have no shower the first time she finally showed up

Nintendo: "lol"

Religious Man
Nov 28, 2010

Perfect God and Perfect Man

LonelyMudkip posted:

Whoops communication error. It's stopped raining and I'm out of fossils, but there's still all this other cool stuff. If anyone gives a tiger dress to their tiger villager, I will be very happy.

Code: FV29S

Thanks! That was a fun surprise, I glanced at my switch and saw a seed packet peeking out from behind the hall :)

Nice island! Left you a few blue windflowers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok the sky is clear now

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Catalina posted:

I have a Future-tech wall and a skeleton that you can have, and I can order an anatomical model, hamster cage, and red wrestling ring corner.

I’d love the skeleton, model and red ring, I should be good on everything else, thank you!

HopperUK posted:

I've got a chemistry set thing and a chalkboard with science on it, if you want?

e: to touch, that is, they're mine, I need them

Yes id absolutely love that!

If either of you wanna stop by to touch my dodo code is FNTVQ or I can come to you

Thank you to both incoherent and fru fru, the two goon heroes of the night

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 8, 2020

MrNonacho
May 7, 2002

It ain't easy being white
It ain't easy being brown
All this pressure to be bright
I got children all over town!
Made it to the #3 spot on Fru Fru's queue and it hasn't given me the code. Is there something I need to do?

Edit: Showed up after a couple minutes!

MrNonacho fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 8, 2020

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

I also got booted from the Fru Fru queue before I could make it in. Where can I join the discord? I’d love to peep some future turnip ops (and post my island whenever my prices aren’t trash)!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
What sorts of areas are people building in their towns? I’d rather start on something specific then just dump my crafted junk everywhere to get to three stars.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

incoherent is a wonderful person <3

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

redcheval posted:

I also got booted from the Fru Fru queue before I could make it in. Where can I join the discord? I’d love to peep some future turnip ops (and post my island whenever my prices aren’t trash)!

Join us at https://discordapp.com/invite/pfN42Ex :dance:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

DalaranJ posted:

What sorts of areas are people building in their towns? I’d rather start on something specific then just dump my crafted junk everywhere to get to three stars.

I got a nice "pile of crap to get 3 stars" area going

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

DalaranJ posted:

I've seen some nice outdoor eateries, a wooded camping area, a stargazing spot on the secret beach, flowers+fountain centrepieces, swimming pools

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Thank you!! :toot:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Thanks Fru Fru! Left you a tip by the stalls near the Nooks. Appreciate you leaving the island open for so long :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Ironblood
Nov 9, 2009
Not even going to attempt to leave Incoherent's island until 10 PM so everyone can get in and sell without me interrupting them.

EDIT: Oh wait the island time is only 6:55 PM, it's fine to leave