Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also shame on all of you for not pointing out that my “official statement” post spells out GOATSE if you read it vertically. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Well, it wasn't my place to spoil the joke :coffeepal:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Mostly I regret not having any part in this beyond going along with it and briefly racking up another New LP Thread Thread probation.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

nine-gear crow posted:

Also shame on all of you for not pointing out that my “official statement” post spells out GOATSE if you read it vertically. :mad:

I noticed, I just didn't want to be the guy to point it out. I wanted others to feel the joy of being "smart" too.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Can we still LP the whiskey? How's Macallan

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm going to be frank I was kind of "meh" on the whole experience and just playing along for the hell of it, but Cyrano's little "oops, you're all actually banned guess you hosed yourselves lol radium" twist was legitimately hilarious.

I love that all that's needed to make a "something hosed up in the code" prank perfectly believable is to blame it on Radium.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Dash Rendar posted:

Can we still LP the whiskey? How's Macallan

It's one of the "legendary" whiskies. I got the cheapest bottle which still set me back 60 €. It was good.
More expensive bottles can cost thousands or tens of thousands. It's ridiculous. I'm not rich, I just like to enjoy a good whisky while eating dark chocolate, having it melt on my tongue, soaking in the bitterness and the sweetness. And then taking a sip from my Glencairn full of the Whisky of my choice... MMmmMMh

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Goodness, thank you for the update! I will rate this LP a 5.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
So, uh, I found a game. A bad game. Somebody spent a lot of time and effort making functional, playable, decent gameplay, Fallout: Equestria game. I need some brave souls to co-comment.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
This is violence.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
April Fool's is over! What are you doing!!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm sorry you had to hear about it's existence, but the world needs to know. As a warning. As a monument to our sins.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, I was free. We were all free.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mycroft Holmes posted:

So, uh, I found a game. A bad game. Somebody spent a lot of time and effort making functional, playable, decent gameplay, Fallout: Equestria game. I need some brave souls to co-comment.

Coax Slowbeef out of retirement and get to post in your thread. I want to pay him back in kind for Rainbow Dash Rendar :toughguy:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

nine-gear crow posted:

Coax Slowbeef out of retirement and get to post in your thread. I want to pay him back in kind for Rainbow Dash Rendar :toughguy:

I thought Slowbeef banned himself when his girlfriend got banned for shittalking Lowtax?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:stonk:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
A cartoon meant for 4-8 year old girls designed to teach them how to share and take responsibility and not be an rear end in a top hat...

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!
Why is that a thing? And why is it available in Russian, English, Chinese, Polish, and German?

quote:

The idea of this game originates from Fallout: Equestria book

If you want to learn more about history of this world, the Great War and a following apocalypse, you should familiarize yourself with Fallout: Equestria.

:cripes: Oh dear lord it goes deeper than I thought. It’s based off a 1,000+ page fanfiction.

Why would you do that to yourself? And then seek to make another goon suffer in tandem?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Psycho Knight posted:

1,000+ page fanfiction

For anyone who might think the above is an exaggeration:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jesus Christ

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
This is by far the best thing about fandoms, the weird and incredibly labor-intensive artifacts they create. I have no interest in this but the fact that it exists sparks joy. :allears:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

This is by far the best thing about fandoms, the weird and incredibly labor-intensive artifacts they create. I have no interest in this but the fact that it exists sparks joy. :allears:

Yes. Yes. The devotion and work fans put into their works is one of my favorite things about humans. Even if they pick the weirdest fandoms to write for.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

my dad posted:

For anyone who might think the above is an exaggeration:

That's actually one of the weird spinoffs of the original Fallout: Equestria.

Yes, there are spinoffs.

Yes, most of them are even longer than the original.

Yes, most of them go for even more grimdark.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yes. Yes. The devotion and work fans put into their works is one of my favorite things about humans. Even if they pick the weirdest fandoms to write for.

Yeah, if I had half the creativity and passion some of these dedicated fandom people have, I would at the very least get LP updates done a whole lot quicker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I read a little bit of the original out of morbid curiosity a few years ago and my favorite thing about the MLP fandom is how the show introduced a zebra character as an analogue for not judging people based on their appearance, and the bronies loved to have zebra pony race wars in their fanfic.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Waffleman_ posted:

I read a little bit of the original out of morbid curiosity a few years ago and my favorite thing about the MLP fandom is how the show introduced a zebra character as an analogue for not judging people based on their appearance, and the bronies loved to have zebra pony race wars in their fanfic.

to be fair it's apparently a hilariously bad racial caricature in the show too so it's not like it's based on nothing

also I've lost track of why this is in the sandcastle

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
i needed co-commentators

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Please extend a warm welcome to our friends in BYOB as their travelling spaceship briefly graces our skies.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
+100exp to LP/BYOB friendship

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

Dash Rendar posted:

+100exp to LP/BYOB friendship

Reputation with BYOB now at Honored

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Please sticky the spaceship, because I think we don't have enough stickied threads in LP

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it IS an LP tradition

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can never escape and be free

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm thinking for my first ever Let's Play, I'd like to do a screenshot LP of Roller Coaster Tycoon scenarios since I have a lot I could possibly talk about between: Game mechanics, real world examples, and experience currently working at a major theme park which could include all kind of fun terrible customer stories. It could potentially extend to the sequels as well with 2 and 3.

Once I finish my playthrough of GTA4 that I've been doing, I can do the first scenario and write up a sample post on the off-site.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Roth posted:

I'm thinking for my first ever Let's Play, I'd like to do a screenshot LP of Roller Coaster Tycoon scenarios since I have a lot I could possibly talk about between: Game mechanics, real world examples, and experience currently working at a major theme park which could include all kind of fun terrible customer stories. It could potentially extend to the sequels as well with 2 and 3.

Once I finish my playthrough of GTA4 that I've been doing, I can do the first scenario and write up a sample post on the off-site.

Sounds like it'd work out well! It's a subject you know well and it's not a 40 - 60 hour soul-crushing JRPG, so it should be a great starting point to pick up LPing from. If there's any technical issues you have making it, just ask in the Tech Support Fort and someone should answer it quite readily. When you've got it made, put it up in the Sandcastle and the folks there will help you if there's any issues with it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Roth posted:

Hell yeah, get some forum-driven coaster creations to make an appearance too!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Here's a sample of the first scenario. Since it is the first scenario, and the first appearance of a bunch of mechanics, it is a bit explanation heavy.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=156414

My idea is to try to put in a scenario update at least once or twice a week, with fun updates on ride history and background in between.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Roth posted:

Here's a sample of the first scenario. Since it is the first scenario, and the first appearance of a bunch of mechanics, it is a bit explanation heavy.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=156414

My idea is to try to put in a scenario update at least once or twice a week, with fun updates on ride history and background in between.

Looks fine to me!

I always thought it peculiar how these rollercoaster games do these calculations for coaster intensity, etc., maybe I should look into their code sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The Flying Twybil posted:

Looks fine to me!
Agreed.

quote:

I always thought it peculiar how these rollercoaster games do these calculations for coaster intensity, etc., maybe I should look into their code sometime.

In that case you might want to check out Marcel Vos' channel. He goes deep, very deep, into all of the hidden stats and stuff of RCT2. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBlXovStrlQkVA2xJEROUNg/videos