Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Lol so this is the chaos you endure when trying to sell turnips...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah i probably will never do the turnip stuff again, or at least not jumping on an island. people joining/leaving all the time causing the game to freeze, it always yelling at you to close the window or finish the conversation.

def not chill, def not the animal crossing vibe.

however i did finish all but one of my "sell turnips" nook miles thing

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

11 AM bells have rung, one hour remains. I think things have slowed down a bit.

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*
I'm going to stop by a little later just to look around and drop off some peaches for you if you don't mind. Already sold my turnips at my island for 325, was coming here to post about it earlier and saw you hit the jackpot.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Regy Rusty posted:

11 AM bells have rung, one hour remains. I think things have slowed down a bit.

Im taking 2 trips SORRY

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

Im taking 2 trips SORRY

The chaos has subsided a bit so now's a good time!

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Many thanks Regy, got cash, pansies, and new duds as well! :D

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

HalfHazard posted:

Many thanks Regy, got cash, pansies, and new duds as well! :D

Glad I could pay you back for last week!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Ok what should I buy eith 3 million bells

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah i probably will never do the turnip stuff again, or at least not jumping on an island. people joining/leaving all the time causing the game to freeze, it always yelling at you to close the window or finish the conversation.

The game yelling at me to close the dialogue window when I was talking to the Nooks to sell the turnips and watching a timer tick down towards zero as Timmy gave the slow-rear end “hmmm, let’s see here... let me run the numbers... I think I could give you...” routine was the most heart-racing experience I’ve ever had in gaming. I made it with 1 second to spare like an action movie

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The game yelling at me to close the dialogue window when I was talking to the Nooks to sell the turnips and watching a timer tick down towards zero as Timmy gave the slow-rear end “hmmm, let’s see here... let me run the numbers... I think I could give you...” routine was the most heart-racing experience I’ve ever had in gaming. I made it with 1 second to spare like an action movie

Its stressful but I mean the person waiting can just hammer the try again button

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh helll yeah

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

You have full control. If the timer hits 0 that just means the person attempting to join has to retry. The best strat is just to ignore the messages, finish your business, and then use the minus menu to return home.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

You have full control. If the timer hits 0 that just means the person attempting to join has to retry. The best strat is just to ignore the messages, finish your business, and then use the minus menu to return home.

Oh lol. I’d never seen the timer before, I was worried it would kick me or at least forcibly close the sale as an anti-trolling thing to keep people from just standing around with their phones open all day

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Everyone rushing in during the first hour means that now it's basically empty lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

was that you i gave that money to lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

elf help book posted:

was that you i gave that money to lol

Yes it was me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Someone made it in literally at the last second lmao

Well the bells have rung and prices are down to 204. Thanks for coming everyone!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
See you all next week!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i was thinking maybe ive done it enough but the final turnip money achievement is $10 million so i guess i gotta keep going

Oh Mister B
Feb 29, 2008

i could not get thru september w/o a battle
i cashed in yesterday and don't want to deal with even afk'ing through that stuff again. however, i will always show up to watch goons cry. also i have the golden armor DIY. i think its needed for something cool, so if you need one, holler

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Oh Mister B posted:

i cashed in yesterday and don't want to deal with even afk'ing through that stuff again. however, i will always show up to watch goons cry. also i have the golden armor DIY. i think its needed for something cool, so if you need one, holler

Its needed for the gundam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if anybody here runs into a megalocepros right side dupe, I'm looking for one and would trade for something...it looks awesome and I want to display one in my house or in a park.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

if anybody here runs into a megalocepros right side dupe, I'm looking for one and would trade for something...it looks awesome and I want to display one in my house or in a park.

Is that the huge deer cause I agree if so

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Just shot down a golden balloon which gave me the DIY recipe for the golden slingshot :stare:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Clicked on this out of curiosity and animal crossing people have no chill lol. I'll stick to my clean imp turnips, thanks.

https://turnip.exchange/islands

Hey everyone! Nook twins are buying for 397. No tips, bells or NMT required. I set up this island to promote my favorite streamer, so if you want to come to the island to sell, please follow @insandio on mixer (mixer.com/insandio), twitch (twitch.tv/insandio), and/or twitter (twitter.com/insandio). Subscribing on YouTube would also be awesome! (https://tinyurl.com/insandioYT) I'll be in the chat on her stream, so if you have questions or want updates, you can message me there! (I go by Shovel.) You can also look for updates on Discord here: https://discordapp.com/invite/zzjuNT8

There are actually 0 visitor(s) on this island right now.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

If it’s not too much trouble would imps be willing to open their island for a bit if there’s a meteor shower? I need one more Aries piece for the rocking horse thing and I’m guessing u can only get them during Aries season, which ends the 19th if u aren’t up on astrology

que sera sera fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 9, 2020

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

que sera sera posted:

If it’s not too much trouble would imps be willing to open their island for a bit if there’s a meteor shower? I need one more Aries piece for the rocking horse thing and I’m guessing u can only get them during Aries season, which ends the 19th

I want this too. I actually wished on 100 stars the other night and didn’t get a single piece lol. I wonder if you get the pieces in your island if you wish on another island though???

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I want this too. I actually wished on 100 stars the other night and didn’t get a single piece lol. I wonder if you get the pieces in your island if you wish on another island though???
You do. Sounds like you hosed it up somehow on account of being a huge r*etard.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

que sera sera posted:

If it’s not too much trouble would imps be willing to open their island for a bit if there’s a meteor shower? I need one more Aries piece for the rocking horse thing and I’m guessing u can only get them during Aries season, which ends the 19th if u aren’t up on astrology

I have exactly one if you want it. I'll place it on the ground outside the airport. 4CP9G

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regy Rusty posted:

Good morning imps, I've got turnips for 640 bells this morning.

Can't believe I missed this. And here I thought 207 was enough to sell half my horde for

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

You do. Sounds like you hosed it up somehow on account of being a huge r*etard.

Aren’t you like a famously dumb poster or something? (Sorry I don’t keep up with name changes. I guess you’re bob) Trying for a Larry Parrish style image change?

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

The Clowner posted:

I have exactly one if you want it. I'll place it on the ground outside the airport. 4CP9G

:0

oh poo poo are you sure??

e: too late, i snagged it :twisted:. Anything you want in return?

que sera sera fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 9, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Aren’t you like a famously dumb poster or something? (Sorry I don’t keep up with name changes. I guess you’re bob) Trying for a Larry Parrish style image change?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

que sera sera posted:

:0

oh poo poo are you sure??

e: too late, i snagged it :twisted:. Anything you want in return?

Nah, have fun!

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

The Clowner posted:

Nah, have fun!

Thank youuu!! 🙏🙏🙏

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never seen a shooting star and I feel like a moron

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

same well I saw one but I had a net in hand and I mashed A to no effect

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

They're pretty rare unless you've got a meteor shower event in which case you'll get like 5 a minute every minute for 6 hours.

They give off an audio cue beforehand and also appear in clusters of 3 or 4 so never just sit there staring at the sky waiting. Just listen and if you hear one then start looking for like 20 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks. I hate it.