Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

So if the primary wasn't called last night, I'm guessing Bernie won and the state democratic party is working overtime to rig the results to Biden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

HiHo ChiRho posted:

So if the primary wasn't called last night, I'm guessing Bernie won and the state democratic party is working overtime to rig the results to Biden?

either that or they are just so swamped they can't even tabulate 1% of what's going on such that they could make projections

... to rig them

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Results are schedueled to be released a few days from now iirc

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
It's probably the same lack of volunteers that impacted polling locations impacting vote tabulation.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
1.5 million absentee ballots requested, or so I heard. That's like 50% of the 2016 general election.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Corky Romanovsky posted:

1.5 million absentee ballots requested, or so I heard. That's like 50% of the 2016 general election.

wonder how many of them returned them without the reinstated stronger witnessing rules

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Wisconsin results legally can't be released until 4PM on the 13th

Chris James 2 posted:

Wisconsin results released starting 4PM on the 13th

https://twitter.com/ZachMontellaro/status/1246117070623948800
https://twitter.com/2020Delegates/status/1247342369944424449

Current delegate count pre-Alaska:
https://twitter.com/2020Delegates/status/1246998771004616707

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's not so bad. Bernie isn't winning unless something insane happens but that's not so bad. not the blowout that liberals are trying to imply it is by any means

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I take it that the GOP definitely won that Wisconsin state supreme court seat?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Dolphin posted:

that's not so bad. Bernie isn't winning unless something insane happens but that's not so bad. not the blowout that liberals are trying to imply it is by any means

it never has been which is why the narrative has always been so loving frustrating. even when Biden wins by a surprising margin the overall delegate counts have never been like an incomparably far distance apart. if it were warren all we’d hear about is underdog narratives and how she’s nipping at his heels and poo poo.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/bhaviklathia/status/1247779289849671680

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dolphin posted:

but that's not so bad. not the blowout that liberals are trying to imply it is by any means

Ehhhhh, I definitely don't know if I'd say that. Hillary won with a lead of 359 pledged delegates. Biden already has a 301 lead. Even if he only gets Wisconsin and Ohio this month, he surpasses that

This isn't as close as that or 2008 (lead of 63) currently. Bernie needs to get big states to actually make it close, and Wisconsin and Ohio are it until May 19 (the next big primary, Georgia)

https://twitter.com/2020Delegates/status/1247221517714219008
June 2 is CT, DE, DC, IN, MD, Montana, NJ, NM, PA, RI and South Dakota, with PA being the biggest one

Brony Car posted:

I take it that the GOP definitely won that Wisconsin state supreme court seat?

I'd say again that "results won't be revealed until Monday", but honestly them keeping that 5-2 lead on their Supreme Court is the most definite result from yesterday. That state's going to be gerrymandered for most of our lifetimes

The whole primaries should be, but then nobody would go against Trump, instead of effectively nobody like it's looking to be for November

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
gently caress the media they know Bernie would loving win if they would only acknowledge him

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I live in CT and my wife and I are absolutely not going to a polling place to vote on 6/2 lol, gently caress that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wamsutta posted:

I live in CT and my wife and I are absolutely not going to a polling place to vote on 6/2 lol, gently caress that

I'm in PA and :same:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Al-Saqr posted:

Haha with bernie not winning the nomination there's literally nothing positive to look forward to politically in this life on this planet for at least another decade or maybe ever since climate change is coming and it's all thanks to liberal idiot american suburbanites hahahahahahah

Bourgeois electoralism was always a dead end.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
its crazy that wisconsin can't even report how many people showed up to vote day of

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/haleybemiller/status/1247734123482972165

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
It'd be real good if a democratic or leftist governor of a state just ignored the supreme court at all levels.

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

About the delegate count.. Bernie needs to stay in to get at least 1200 delegates so that he and his team can make minority proposals and actually have them passed without having to rely on Biden/Warren/Klob/Butt delegates to ally with them. So, the libs who say for him to drop out for unity are wholly wrong and willfully being misinformed by the pundit class. No matter what, he needs to hem and haw until the convention and get the 1200 delegates.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

thicc_waluigi posted:

About the delegate count.. Bernie needs to stay in to get at least 1200 delegates so that he and his team can make minority proposals and actually have them passed without having to rely on Biden/Warren/Klob/Butt delegates to ally with them. So, the libs who say for him to drop out for unity are wholly wrong and willfully being misinformed by the pundit class. No matter what, he needs to hem and haw until the convention and get the 1200 delegates.

Correct. Hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere outside of here until it was in a very-recent Politico article https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/05/bernie-sanders-path-to-victory-165161

quote:

Many of Sanders’ allies have openly admitted that Biden is all but guaranteed to be the nominee. Still, some are urging him to stay in the race in order to collect delegates for the Democratic National Convention, which was pushed back to August because of the pandemic.

It is especially important to these Sanders supporters to maintain the rule changes they achieved in 2016, such as barring superdelegates from voting for presidential candidates on the first ballot. In order for his backers to have negotiating power, they said, Sanders needs to receive at least 1,200 delegates — he has more than 900 now — so they can introduce minority resolutions. They also hope that Sanders can push Biden to commit to progressive appointments.

“The party reforms go down the drain if he doesn’t stay in,” said Cohen, adding that if he drops out before hitting 1,200 delegates, "it’s going to be Biden’s people writing the platform, that’s it."

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.

thicc_waluigi posted:

Thanks for mentioning this. I never know what to say to people who say Bernie should drop out apart from "Eat poo poo," so this is a nice piece of info

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1247907240364949512

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1247907240364949512?s=19

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

e:fb

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1247907272975618048

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
rip bernie, to be quickly followed by america

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Oh well
:rip: half of cspam

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

4 more years of darkness it is, then.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
good job bernie. i really liked voting for ya

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I finally posted optimistic things about the campaign itt and it immediately ends, smh

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

bye friends

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

coward

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

rip bernie, to be quickly followed by america

I seriously thought he'd stay in until 1200 delegates but hes probably concerned about everyone's wellbeing from coronavirus. I just hope he continues to do his regular coronavirus streams, they've been pretty informative.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

posting before ban

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
imagine being so pure and good you drop out so the dems don't force people to spread coronavirus voting can this be the official spin please? Forced to drop out to save lives from the DNC?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

cool another reason to never vote for joe biden

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

tetsuo posted:

imagine being so pure and good you drop out so the dems don't force people to spread coronavirus voting can this be the official spin please? Forced to drop out to save lives from the DNC?

lol the spin is gonna be he waited too long and injured biden for the general, invented the idea that droolin joe might not be of sound mind, and disrupted the ~~perfect winning strategy~~ for the general that now they have to completely throw out of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
gently caress