Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kurtofan posted:

Dusk Mentor 2B

Creature - Human Cleric

When Dusk Mentor enters the battlefield, put a lifelink counter on the target non-Human creature you control.

1B, Tap: Put a + 1 / + 1 counter on each creature you control with lifelink.

1/3

WotS Sorin gives all your creatures lifelink in your turn. Or just play all the viable lifelinkers currently around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BizarroAzrael posted:

WotS Sorin gives all your creatures lifelink in your turn. Or just play all the viable lifelinkers currently around.

It’s for giving mutants lifelink in limited

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Exactly the right colours for temur adventures, huh

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

wanna make a deck that's song of creation, ugin, cheap artifacts and glint horn buccaneer

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Oh good, Temur Adventures is going to be even more ridiculous now.

Lone Goat posted:

AWWOOOOOOO (wolf sounds)

I like this a lot, could be a nice little niche include in the right aggro deck with or something to build around with Labyrinth Raptor, Grimdancer, maybe WAR Angrath.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

flatluigi posted:

I think there's enough silly 5c decks out there that it'll be a cool card to have as companion, and a good amount more that'll be fine with slotting it into your deck. I'm already working on modifying my niv brawl deck on arena to fit the requirements/benefit from the ability, too

(turns out there's very few boardwipes in standard that don't have double pips of some kind)

edit: the card, for the new page

Maverick can play this in legacy, the only conflict in the standard version is Force of Vigor in the sb. It's not great there, but it's a free card. I'm sure there are other modern and legacy decks that incidentally meet this criteria as well.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Wow this is the one that's going to be an auto-include in most limited decks.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Auto-include in Arahbo decks at zero cost :rolleye:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Also free in any creatureless deck!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Also free in any creatureless deck!

Full creatureless control with a single 3/2 as its only win con.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

Wow this is the one that's going to be an auto-include in most limited decks.

Maybe, a lot of pretty reasonable humans for limited decks have been spoiled though. Definitely P1P1 and go down the mutation/non-human archetypes.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Catte supremacy. Suck it hounds.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

This must be the cycle people have been asking for for ten years incidentally

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cat Dad best dad

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

This must be the cycle people have been asking for for ten years incidentally

The Ultimatum cycle? Yeah that seems likely.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
theres tiny puppers of all species on the art

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

awesome

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Huxley posted:

Full creatureless control with a single 3/2 as its only win con.

The more I think about the flavor of this, the funnier I think it is. Imagine this summer, you see this pop up in the command zone across the table and you immediately know you're about to spend 7 turns getting 3/2ed to death behind a wall of four Teferis.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Auto-include in Arahbo decks at zero cost :rolleye:

I just checked, and the non-Cats in my Arahbo deck that are good enough to consider not playing this are Archon of Valor's Reach and both Oketras. I had Thalia, Heretic Cathar in there but Kismet works just as well.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
This set is so internet

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kurtofan posted:

theres tiny puppers of all species on the art

omg :kimchi:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

I just checked, and the non-Cats in my Arahbo deck that are good enough to consider not playing this are Archon of Valor's Reach and both Oketras. I had Thalia, Heretic Cathar in there but Kismet works just as well.

Get those non-Cats outta here

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Bust Rodd posted:

Lurrus as written would allow you to cast Krasis for 6 or whatever you wanted

The graveyard recursion ability will not let you choose an X that would violate its restriction for the same reason that Void Winnower will not let you choose an X that would violate its restriction

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Also can someone explain Mythos of Nethroi to me because I really am struggling with the wording? You can destroy any permanent if you cast Abzhan with it?

The wording on that card really sucks, but cast it without paying the WG and it destroys a creature, if you spend WGB it can destroy any non land.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Dance of Creation seems like a powerful Cheerios enabler. In standard there are 3 X creatures (Ugin's Conjurant, Chamber Sentry and Stonecoil Serpent) in standard, as well as one effectively "free" spell (Seasonal Ritual//Rosethorn Acolyte). You could draw a bunch of cards and set up to redraw them next turn with Forever Young, and win the game with Judith or Command the Dreadhorde or something.

Bugsy posted:

The wording on that card really sucks, but cast it without paying the WG and it destroys a creature, if you spend WGB it can destroy any non land.
I think it's the clearest way you can communicate its effect which works within the rules.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I think it's the clearest way you can communicate its effect which works within the rules.

"Destroy target creature. If you cast this spell with WG, you can instead destroy any non-land permanent"

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

these are always good to have in limited

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tainen posted:

these are always good to have in limited

Wasn't the Dominaria version of this a legitimate P1P1?

e: Skittering Surveyor, was a 1/2 without an ability.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Blooming Brilliant posted:

"Destroy target creature. If you cast this spell with WG, you can instead destroy any non-land permanent"

That wouldn't work because when casting a spell, targets are chosen before costs are paid. That's why as written the card has you target a permanent first and then checks to see what you paid.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Someone at R&D looked at violent ultimatum and said "Hold my beer"

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I guess the limiting factor on Kaheera showing up in weird places is that even as an extra card in your hand, a 3/2 for 3 is probably not worth a sideboard slot for a lot of the decks that don't play any creatures in older formats.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Dance of Creation seems like a powerful Cheerios enabler. In standard there are 3 X creatures (Ugin's Conjurant, Chamber Sentry and Stonecoil Serpent) in standard, as well as one effectively "free" spell (Seasonal Ritual//Rosethorn Acolyte). You could draw a bunch of cards and set up to redraw them next turn with Forever Young, and win the game with Judith or Command the Dreadhorde or something.

It probably is the best way to write out the card text, but gently caress if I knew what it actually did without somebody explaining it first.

Dance of Creation seems like it goes in that rosethorn acolyte thousand year storm deck, but thousand year storm is is so tough to play on arena without timing out. It will be fun to see if anything comes from it.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Those 7 mana ultimatums are pretty underwhelming if they're just "7 difficult to cast mana and you win the game in a convoluted way if you get to untap next turn" you may as well just cast Kiora Bests the Sea God if you're gonna do that.

That Menace guy is gonna be fuckin annoying as gently caress in Limited because he basically says "all your creatures with menace become unblockable"

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Fartfinder is a random colorless non-artifact creature, neat

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Mike N Eich posted:

Those 7 mana ultimatums are pretty underwhelming if they're just "7 difficult to cast mana and you win the game in a convoluted way if you get to untap next turn" you may as well just cast Kiora Bests the Sea God if you're gonna do that.

That fits in with the ones from Alara, so mission accomplished???

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Boco_T posted:

Fartfinder is a random colorless non-artifact creature, neat

There's a bunch of these in this set, you probably glossed over them without realizing!

Space Friend
Dec 23, 2011

Firefox from the product page:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Space Friend posted:

Firefox from the product page:

Fox owns.

Don’t forget this works with cycling